NATION

PASSWORD

MMW MkV thread. It's been fun.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ultra-Humanite
Attaché

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultra-Humanite » Sat May 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Aside from the flamethrower, we also have the Duck's foot.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

9mm's fatter, but 7.62 carries more punch. Hard to say.

Brit, 20-round FAL magazines are 13.25mm (0.522in) taller at the rear than the front.
I'd also recommend slanting the bottom of your pistol grips as well, that flat bottom doesn't look quite natural somehow.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Sat May 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Galla- wrote:
Risen Britannia wrote:(Image)
damn 900pix limit

20 inch barrel

Magazines need slanted bottoms, not flat.

There is no srscartridge magazine that isnt at least partially curved.

CTA/CLA doesn't count it lacks the sheer masculinity of hot brass.

inb4someoneposts.30cal15rounder

Curved mags are for tiny baby man! Manly men only use straight mags
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Risen Britannia wrote:
Galla- wrote:
Magazines need slanted bottoms, not flat.

There is no srscartridge magazine that isnt at least partially curved.

CTA/CLA doesn't count it lacks the sheer masculinity of hot brass.

inb4someoneposts.30cal15rounder

Curved mags are for tiny baby man! Manly men only use straight mags

That's all well and good, but observe:

You still have to accommodate the taper of the cartridge.

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Sevvania wrote:In terms of effects on a "soft" target, which would be do more damage?7.62x38mmR or 9x19mm Parabellum?

Dear god the Nagant. Dem exit wounds.

.32 Nagant probably is roughly similar to .32 S&W or .32 ACP in terminal ballistics, tbh.

I'd honestly choose the 9mm NATO over it, unless I were using a revolver, then I'd choose .32 H&R Magnum.

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:9mm's fatter, but 7.62 carries more punch. Hard to say.

Brit, 20-round FAL magazines are 13.25mm (0.522in) taller at the rear than the front.
I'd also recommend slanting the bottom of your pistol grips as well, that flat bottom doesn't look quite natural somehow.

They're actually rather common. M14E2, M240B, Type 62, and FG-42 are ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Risen Britannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Sat May 19, 2012 3:03 pm

Galla- wrote:snip

... communist scum
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

New Corda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm

But 6.5 CBJ make em both look like tiny baby. >5.56 damage to tissue, even after penetrating the rear hatch of a BMP.
Tech Levels: MT, PMT WARNINGS: 1. I will ignore magic/supernatural abilities when in RP, unless it's agreed otherwise OOC 2. I'm a gun-nut. Expect debunking of any aspect of your posts regarding firearms.
I'm a gun-toting liberal. I support gay rights, abortion, social democracy, high taxes on the rich and the right to own an automatic grenade launcher. I'll tolerate your beliefs if you tolerate mine
[5] [4] [3] [2] [1] - Foreign Conflict

Stop by my storefronts below! And no, these are not more storefronts full of PMG or pics you've already seen

New Corda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 3:05 pm

New Corda wrote:But 6.5 CBJ make em both look like tiny baby. >5.56 damage to tissue, even after penetrating the rear hatch of a BMP.

Edit: it can also be fired from any 9mm Para weapon after only a barrel change.
Tech Levels: MT, PMT WARNINGS: 1. I will ignore magic/supernatural abilities when in RP, unless it's agreed otherwise OOC 2. I'm a gun-nut. Expect debunking of any aspect of your posts regarding firearms.
I'm a gun-toting liberal. I support gay rights, abortion, social democracy, high taxes on the rich and the right to own an automatic grenade launcher. I'll tolerate your beliefs if you tolerate mine

Stop by my storefronts below! And no, these are not more storefronts full of PMG or pics you've already seen

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Risen Britannia wrote:

... communist scum

It's better now.

Also:

New Corda wrote:But 6.5 CBJ make em both look like tiny baby. >5.56 damage to tissue, even after penetrating the rear hatch of a BMP.

So an armour piercing pistol cartridge outperforms a ball plinking/varmint round?

I'll wait until 6.5 CBJ outperforms a 7.62 NATO with M855A1-derived bullet.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Sat May 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:I assume the hydrogen is there for gas pressure, wouldn't nitrogen be safer?

Also, you have a max range on a still day of 40m. 20-25m as a general rule of thumb.

Meanwhile, 600m BR glory with optics.

actually the hydrogen is part of the ignition system, basically you get a tiny spark from the battery which is just enough to ignite the hydrogen and its the hydrogen flame that ignites the main fuel stream..

As for my typos they shouldn;t be too horrible to your inner gramar nazi just your spelling and typing nazis ;)
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Sat May 19, 2012 3:08 pm

What about softpoints for the nagant? Would that improve ballistics without sacrificing tissue damage?
Unreachable.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:What about softpoints for the nagant? Would that improve ballistics without sacrificing tissue damage?

A 9mm JHP will still expand more.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:I assume the hydrogen is there for gas pressure, wouldn't nitrogen be safer?

Also, you have a max range on a still day of 40m. 20-25m as a general rule of thumb.

Meanwhile, 600m BR glory with optics.

actually the hydrogen is part of the ignition system, basically you get a tiny spark from the battery which is just enough to ignite the hydrogen and its the hydrogen flame that ignites the main fuel stream..

As for my typos they shouldn;t be too horrible to your inner gramar nazi just your spelling and typing nazis ;)
I thought most flamethrowers ignited the jet directly from the battery?
I just don't recall hearing of a hydrogen ignition system being mentioned in my WWII encyclopaedia.
Risen Britannia wrote:

... communist scum

I think you should slant the pistol grip even more, don't forget that's gonna be at a nearly 30 degree angle.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Risen Britannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Sat May 19, 2012 3:17 pm

As I haven't posted this here:
A-9 'FOX' Fast Ground Attack
To go with my new cold war design range.

Last edited by Risen Britannia on Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lineart:
New showroom

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Sat May 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

I thought most flamethrowers ignited the jet directly from the battery?
I just don't recall hearing of a hydrogen ignition system being mentioned in my WWII encyclopaedia.

Flame throwers had all sorts of different ignition mechanisms ranging from pyrotechnic cartridges (UK "Lifebouy" No2 model), to hydrogen torches (US M1 and German FmW 35) to a lump of bunring rope (polish under groudn K pattern).
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat May 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Our main military weapon is our friends, who have militaries that aren't a joke.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Sat May 19, 2012 5:18 pm

WIP
A PT 9x19mm top-loading SMG I've been working on.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

New Corda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 8:22 pm

SCT-810 "Ranger Special"

Caliber: 8mm XSPR (think 6.5 CBJ, but based on 10mm Auto rather then 9mm Para) / 30mm HE Grenade

Capacity: 35 rounds / 1 grenade

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Risen Britannia wrote:-plane-

(Image)

chestypuller.jpg

Where does the bayonet go?

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Galla- wrote:
Risen Britannia wrote:-plane-

(Image)

chestypuller.jpg

probably over the barrel like the real thing
The Exaltation of the Celestial Court of Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen wrote:
Galla- wrote:
chestypuller.jpg

probably over the barrel like the real thing

Oh right derp.

Fuck and I have an PTR91 in my closet with the bayonet fixed. I guess I was expecting it to be mounted in a masculine way. >:

New Corda
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Corda » Sat May 19, 2012 8:57 pm

And the 8mm XSPR round, with it's 10mm Auto parent case for comparison

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 8:59 pm

New Corda wrote:And the 8mm XSPR round, with it's 10mm Auto parent case for comparison

(Image)

this rly pretteh

and yes 10mm auto is best cartridge i even made a pdw round based on it:

before anyone says it, yes I'm making a MARS rip eventually
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 9:03 pm

So, let's do a little scenario here.

Let's say you're looking for a new weapon for police officers to use. Let's say the year is 1950-something. And, for good measure, why not let you decide whether it's a revolver or a semiautomatic? But of course, it would need to use a large enough round to be effective not only against criminals, but also against wild animals, because the country you're running here is a bit... rural in some areas.

In that hypothetical situation, what features would you request?

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Vigilancia wrote:So, let's do a little scenario here.

Let's say you're looking for a new weapon for police officers to use. Let's say the year is 1950-something. And, for good measure, why not let you decide whether it's a revolver or a semiautomatic? But of course, it would need to use a large enough round to be effective not only against criminals, but also against wild animals, because the country you're running here is a bit... rural in some areas.

Recoil operated revolver chambered in .30 Carbine with JHP loads. So basically a semi-automatic Ruger Blackhawk with a bayonet.

Failing that, Webley-Fosbery with a Pritchard bayonet, which is what a Gallan constable would be carrying ~1910-1967.

Anything bigger is handled by the Browning Automatic Rifle in the squad car.
Last edited by Galla- on Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vigilancia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vigilancia » Sat May 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Galla- wrote:
Vigilancia wrote:So, let's do a little scenario here.

Recoil operated revolver chambered in .30 Carbine with JHP loads.

So basically a semi-automatic Ruger Blackhawk with a bayonet.

A bayonet?

No.

EDIT: Because that would look goofy. And they're supposed to club people, damnit, not stab them!
Last edited by Vigilancia on Sat May 19, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information