NATION

PASSWORD

MMW MkV thread. It's been fun.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri May 18, 2012 6:50 pm

"Here's a multi-million-dollar aircraft. Instead of spending several hundreds of thousands of dollars equipping it with weapons and armaments, we're just go to load you with fuel and let you aim for the hull."

Seems like sound logic to me. I mean, obviously they can't afford to arm their aircraft, so they need to be sending in suicidal pilots to be doing the most damage at the lowest cost. :roll:

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Fri May 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Spreewerke wrote:"Here's a multi-million-dollar aircraft. Instead of spending several hundreds of thousands of dollars equipping it with weapons and armaments, we're just go to load you with fuel and let you aim for the hull."

Seems like sound logic to me. I mean, obviously they can't afford to arm their aircraft, so they need to be sending in suicidal pilots to be doing the most damage at the lowest cost. :roll:

Exactly. It really doesn't make much sense at all.
And not only would you be losing millions, you'd be losing pilots. Lots of them.

And what kind of nation that could afford that aircraft wouldn't arm it? I mean, seriously. I see absolutely no point to this..
Last edited by Mosasauria on Fri May 18, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri May 18, 2012 7:44 pm

I might look into getting a scope mount for my AK-103. I've already got a scope picked out for when/if I do: it's a 3.5x fixed-power rifle scope that uses a "German #1" reticle. Though it is somewhat out-dated, I have heard multiple reports of them being easy to aim in a hurry due to the thickness of the posts. That being said, it will be a 300m-or-less optic, so it should work perfectly fine. I think it'll be neat whenever I do get around to it.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri May 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:"Here's a multi-million-dollar aircraft. Instead of spending several hundreds of thousands of dollars equipping it with weapons and armaments, we're just go to load you with fuel and let you aim for the hull."

Exactly. It really doesn't make much sense at all.
And not only would you be losing millions, you'd be losing pilots. Lots of them.

And what kind of nation that could afford that aircraft wouldn't arm it? I mean, seriously. I see absolutely no point to this..

That nation would receive diplomatic letters thanking them for the free target practice.
Unreachable.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Fri May 18, 2012 8:11 pm

After a series of production delays stemming from the development of a new rail system, the AR-23B assault rifle has entered service with the Imperial Korongolese Army to replace both the less advance AR-23A variant originally intended for colonial units and the unreliable KFR-12 issued to rear echelon troops. The RE-24 reflex sight and RE-26 laser grip system is issued to all infantry armed with the AR-23B.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri May 18, 2012 8:12 pm

New Korongo wrote:
After a series of production delays stemming from the development of a new rail system, the AR-23B assault rifle has entered service with the Imperial Korongolese Army to replace both the less advance AR-23A variant originally intended for colonial units and the unreliable KFR-12 issued to rear echelon troops. The RE-24 reflex sight and RE-26 laser grip system is issued to all infantry armed with the AR-23B.

Your magazine's weird: there really isn't any space for the spring and follower.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Fri May 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Spreewerke wrote:Your magazine's weird: there really isn't any space for the spring and follower.

Thank you for pointing out that flaw for me.
Does this look any better:

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 pm

New Korongo wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:Your magazine's weird: there really isn't any space for the spring and follower.

It is better. I will point out that a standard AR-15 magazine, when fully loaded, has the ammunition taking up only about 2/3 of the actual magazine (we have a transparent magazine laying around somewhere, and that's where the "30" mark is; 2/3 down).

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri May 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
New Korongo wrote:Thank you for pointing out that flaw for me.

It is better. I will point out that a standard AR-15 magazine, when fully loaded, has the ammunition taking up only about 2/3 of the actual magazine (we have a transparent magazine laying around somewhere, and that's where the "30" mark is; 2/3 down).

60 round casket mag glory.
Unreachable.

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm

what a clusterfuck

Spreewerke wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Well, I guess that would hold the bolt back.
If they discriminated against AK users and didn't permit them because they have no bolt-hold-back, I imagine they wouldn't be all that popular.

People have found ways to keep their bolts back by using a shell casing or whatever, but having a legit hold-open device such as that would eliminate pretty much any possibilities of an overly-strict range officer starting a fuss about it. Also doubles as a handy little thing to aid in clearing jams.

firing ranges are for the propertyless proletariat
The Exaltation of the Celestial Court of Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen wrote:

what a clusterfuck

Spreewerke wrote:
People have found ways to keep their bolts back by using a shell casing or whatever, but having a legit hold-open device such as that would eliminate pretty much any possibilities of an overly-strict range officer starting a fuss about it. Also doubles as a handy little thing to aid in clearing jams.

firing ranges are for the propertyless proletariat

this

extreme tyranny @ most ranges that dont even allow steel cored ammo around where i live >:
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Fri May 18, 2012 10:52 pm

New Korongo wrote:

dat gas block

so huge

(also the barrel looks a little weedy, would make it thicker by a pixel or two)

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Fri May 18, 2012 10:54 pm

New Korongo wrote:

Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Kalaeloa
Lobbyist

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaeloa » Sat May 19, 2012 2:47 am

Pistol: Springfield Armory 1911 "Operator" version
Side Arm: FN Herstal P90
Assault Rifle: Colt Defense M4A1 SOPMOD Block III, Heckler & Koch Gewehr36 (G36)
Shotgun: Benelli M4 Super 90
Battle Rifle: FN USA Mk. 17 SCAR-H
Sniper Rifle(s): Barrett Firearms Company XM500, Remington Model 700 ADL
Light Machine Gun: FN Manufacturing, LLC M240
Last edited by Kalaeloa on Sat May 19, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Sat May 19, 2012 3:22 am

New Korongo wrote:

The rails on the side look a tad wide
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 19, 2012 4:26 am

what a clusterfuck

Why?

I also got the implication that the range was indeed Spree's, implying ownership of property.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Sat May 19, 2012 5:54 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
what a clusterfuck

Why?

look at it

belt-fed weapons are just hilarious

*Sen's ability to visualize firearm actions tops out at self-loading rifles*

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 am

Like I said, it's a lot simpler than it actually looks. I never understood how feed pawls worked before, in the M240, they're actuated by the bolt group basically rotating via cams the feed lever, which pulls the belt on one link.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat May 19, 2012 7:08 am

A lot of public ranges are somewhat close to civilization (so, you know, people who live in a city but enjoy firearms can actually shoot their guns without driving an hour away). That being said, not everyone is smart: people are pretty stupid in walks of life, and that, unfortunately, includes folks that shoot for sport. That being said, leaving your weapon "open" pretty much guarantees that no one is going to accidentally send a round down-range while someone is checking their targets (some people still do this, however, since "they weren't in my lane" and that apparently solves everything). Also, the reason many ranges don't allow steel-cored ammunition is more or less to reduce the risk of ricochet by as much as possible. Lead-cored ammunition is far more likely to deform, and sooner at that. Since these ranges do tend to be fairly close to other areas of civilization, this is a pretty decent idea. Since there can be about a dozen people firing at the same time, minimal ricochets are nice.

Do I, myself, like gun ranges? Dunno: never been to one. I just have a private "range" set up in the backyard for informal shoots and for practice. At said informal shoots, only one person is allowed on the line, anyway, and I'm right behind them to help with any malfunctions or operational questions. Due to our location, we give roughly no damns about what type of ammunition is used: we've used tracers every once in a while. As I mentioned, however, since I am always present (or my father is or someone else who knows what they're doing) when someone is firing, the weapon is completely unloaded before moving behind the line to rest the rifle back on the table. It's completely safe; the only issue we've had was with someone who had never fired a gun before, after emptying a magazine from the SIG, turned around to put it back on the table. Didn't quite muzzle sweep the people sitting behind it, but did manage to sweep just a few feet over their head (which still, you know, sucks because there's people and buildings there). After we put him in a sort of "time out" (basically, skip your next few turns at shooting), all was solved and many funs were had.

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Sat May 19, 2012 7:15 am

New Korongo wrote:

Nice,but it needs a bayonet.
Right behind you...: UDL

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Sat May 19, 2012 8:13 am

Spreewerke wrote:I might look into getting a scope mount for my AK-103. I've already got a scope picked out for when/if I do: it's a 3.5x fixed-power rifle scope that uses a "German #1" reticle. Though it is somewhat out-dated, I have heard multiple reports of them being easy to aim in a hurry due to the thickness of the posts. That being said, it will be a 300m-or-less optic, so it should work perfectly fine. I think it'll be neat whenever I do get around to it.

Sounds pretty awesome.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat May 19, 2012 8:24 am

Mosasauria wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:I might look into getting a scope mount for my AK-103. I've already got a scope picked out for when/if I do: it's a 3.5x fixed-power rifle scope that uses a "German #1" reticle. Though it is somewhat out-dated, I have heard multiple reports of them being easy to aim in a hurry due to the thickness of the posts. That being said, it will be a 300m-or-less optic, so it should work perfectly fine. I think it'll be neat whenever I do get around to it.

Sounds pretty awesome.

Now that I've been bouncing the idea around in my head, I don't know if I should get the German #1 scope or a POSP calibrated for 7.62x39mm. The POSP would give me range drop chevrons (kind of like a primitive ACOG) and windage and such, but I hear the German one is easier to learn and quicker to aim. I believe both are in the same price range, more or less, and the German #1 is a 3.5x fixed-power whereas the POSP would be a 6x fixed-power.

EDIT: Also just held up the WASR's scope beside a Leapers adjustable zoom scope. Even though my WASR's is marked as "4x", it seemed to be around 2x magnification. :roll: I went ahead and adjusted the Leapers to 6x and it was pretty nice: I could still see quite a bit and it wasn't that big of a change. Granted, it's a completely different design than the POSP, the level of zoom wasn't overly powerful for 300m or less. I might just get the POSP.

EDIT DOS: Turns out I forget to reset the Leapers back to 4x when testing with the WASR's scope. Das ist ein uberfail, ja? I'm allowing you guys one post each to make fun of me now.
Last edited by Spreewerke on Sat May 19, 2012 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Risen Britannia
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Risen Britannia » Sat May 19, 2012 11:24 am

totally original design /sarcasm
WIP

Were rails in general use during the cold war? (60s/70s era)
Last edited by Risen Britannia on Sat May 19, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Conglomerate of Risen Britannia. Think of us like the Mafia, if you increased their budget by several trillion
Lineart:
Old showroom and requests
New showroom
Risen Britannia is no longer my main nation, if you have any questions please TG Novorden.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 am

Risen Britannia wrote:Were rails in general use during the cold war? (60s/70s era)

No.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Sat May 19, 2012 11:30 am

Risen Britannia wrote:totally original design /sarcasm
(Image)
WIP

Were rails in general use during the cold war? (60s/70s era)

As far as I can tell, they weren't even invented till the 90s.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information