NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Mk.IV

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next Ground Vehicle thread?

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
19%
Transnapastain
12%
Lubyak
8%
Risen Britannia
31%
The Alaska Colony
12%
Orussia
9%
The Kievan People
9%

Total votes : 265

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:37 am

So wait. She is a SHE?! And she got her self banned and quit NS over a thread? That's sort of like committing suicide over breaking a plastic glue-on nail. Don't you think?

As for the hovertank guy. Seriously man. Just go retro and use the BMD-3 combined with a PT-76. Or make your own modern version. With ATGM's on top they should be perfectly able to outgun and outarmor anything your enemy is likely to deploy in such terrain.
Last edited by Purpelia on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 am

Eh.

Senestrum's one of the crowd of older oldfgts who were around during a mass DEAT that claimed many of the people who formed and currently use SMS instead of NS.
People of that account age typically have a sort of... 'dislike' of the way the mods run NS for it.

Guess the way she felt the mods handled this one was one incident too many for her.

And yes, she's a girl who likes tanks, antimatter small arms rounds and military doctrine.
The internet has delivered.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:44 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Eh.

Senestrum's one of the crowd of older oldfgts who were around during a mass DEAT that claimed many of the people who formed and currently use SMS instead of NS.

What is DEAT?

People of that account age typically have a sort of... 'dislike' of the way the mods run NS for it.

Yea... I get that. There is a reason why I only visit the design threads and newer venture out of the F&NI sections or god forbid roleplay here. Although another reason is that I am a possessive micromanaging GM my self and thus can NEWER, EVER trust anyone else to do that job properly.

And yes, she's a girl who likes tanks, antimatter small arms rounds and military doctrine.
The internet has delivered.

Hearing that, I am not certain wetter I should be depressed she is gone, glad such girls exist or relieved to not have missed anything due to already being spoken for. I think I'll just settle for asking the obvious question. Do you think that 500mm of side armor in modern composites + ERA is enough for my tank? I would of course be adding leo2 style spaced skirts but these are not included in the number.
Last edited by Purpelia on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:46 am

Purpelia wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Eh.

What is DEAT?

Nation deleted, so it essentially CTE'd, except it can't be revived.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:47 am

To be fair, I don't know what DEAT or CTE stand for either.
I thought DEAT was just a contraction of DELETED!!one!
Call me Para.
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 am

CTE = Ceased to Exist. :P

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 am

Lubyak wrote:
Purpelia wrote:What is DEAT?

Nation deleted, so it essentially CTE'd, except it can't be revived.

So it's a permanent ban than? Dam... I did not know the mods here can do that. I have to stay quiet from now on. Newer speak badly of them ever. Think positive... think good... Remember... It's not wrong to be paranoid if people really are out to get you.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 am

Well, her account still exists, but her nation itself has now been deleted.
So whenever she posts (if she ever does so again), she will have the 'ex-nation' flag.
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:55 am

Same thing really. I just don't trust anyone with that kind of power. I don't even trust my self with that kind of power when I am a GM. (I usually have a COGM to handle the burnings and the complaints ;) ).

This said, 200mm floor armor, 500mm + slat (leo2 style) + ERA side armor? Knowing my 2000mm front stat. Opinions?
Last edited by Purpelia on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:04 am

Purpelia wrote:So wait. She is a SHE?! And she got her self banned and quit NS over a thread? That's sort of like committing suicide over breaking a plastic glue-on nail. Don't you think?

As for the hovertank guy. Seriously man. Just go retro and use the BMD-3 combined with a PT-76. Or make your own modern version. With ATGM's on top they should be perfectly able to outgun and outarmor anything your enemy is likely to deploy in such terrain.

If by the hovertank guy you mean me, I have no idea what most of that meant. I'mma probably stick to making my own OC either way though.

And speaking of, the Dragon MBGT has a turret now!
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:08 am

Ularn wrote:
Purpelia wrote:So wait. She is a SHE?! And she got her self banned and quit NS over a thread? That's sort of like committing suicide over breaking a plastic glue-on nail. Don't you think?

If by the hovertank guy you mean me, I have no idea what most of that meant. I'mma probably stick to making my own OC either way though.

Well, let me try and explain it than.
The BMD and BMP series vehicles are amphibious IFV's that will do you well in marshes and similar conditions. After all, if it can swim it can float on mud. And the PT-76 is an amphibious tank that has proven it self as being quite capable of working in marshland environments like say Vietnam. So my advice to you was to take those or build your own adaptations of the concept.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:12 am

Purpelia wrote:
Ularn wrote:

Well, let me try and explain it than.
The BMD and BMP series vehicles are amphibious IFV's that will do you well in marshes and similar conditions. After all, if it can swim it can float on mud. And the PT-76 is an amphibious tank that has proven it self as being quite capable of working in marshland environments like say Vietnam. So my advice to you was to take those or build your own adaptations of the concept.

Nah, I'll stick with my handwavium-powered antigrav Main Battle Tank of FTwankery goodness!

That said, I think I made the turret a bit tall. The hull is 1.25m and the turret's another 80cm. Think it might've looked better if I went for ~55cm instead, being in mind this thing will have about half a metre of ground clearance adding to its overall height when it's running. Additionally, the engine block would look a bit weird if I drew it in right now with a turret this high.

Also, does the 7m rule still apply to railguns and, either way, is it 7m measured from the front of the turret of the back of the gun?
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:28 am

Flattened the turret - I think it looks much better this way
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:41 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Senestrum rightfully demanded her correct claim to the new MBT thread OP, mods said 'lolno' and merged hers with the existing thread made by a puppet, Senestrum went RAEG, mods banned her, posted around ban, DEAT'd.
And she's apparently quitting NS anyway.

Inuto, I personally cast massive doubts over the hovertank concept, unless it's a conventional hovercraft with an MGS turret on it or something. Physically flying, hovering tanks I just don't think are tactically viable, even ignoring the issue of getting the thing to hover in the first place.

OHGODWHY
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Sovereign California
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sovereign California » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:44 am

M1A4 Juggernaut MBT, Main Battle Tank. Californian Commonwealth (now Californian Empire).

The M1A4 Juggernaut was designed and entered service during California's 'Commonwealth' Era. Built as a means of providing California's first domestically produced MBT designed, developed and deployed to cut down on the required need to import from other nations to meet military and strategic goals. While the main need for the M1A4 Juggernaut was to provide a more up-to-date unit to replace the aged and retired M1A3 Abrams II/Kodiak, the development was also a political maneuver as well to prove that California didn't need to import newer state of the art main battle tanks from other countries to supplement it's own deficiencies in the design or development of such platforms.

The M1A4 Juggernaut's Axia Integrated Technologies AIX-32 Fire Control System is a late fourth generation system, this complex system is comprised of the laser range-finder, integrated ballistic computer, turret movement sensors, Battlefield Information Control System (BICS) and navigation aids. The AIX-32 FCS performs the following tasks:

+ Lasing for distance and automatically setting needed gun elevation for the current range.
+ Calculating and automatically applying lateral correction (lead) when engaging a moving target.
+ Compensating for vehicle's own movement.

GENERAL STATISTICS

Manufacturer: Axiom Dynamics (Land Systems Division)
Crew: 4: Commander, Gunner, Loader & Driver
Weight: 72.5 tons
Length: 28 feet
Length (Gun Forward): 34.25 feet long
Total Height: 9.5 feet tall.
Turret Height: 8 feet tall.
Hull Height: 5.75 feet tall.
Width: 12 wide max. (11.42 feet wide)
Ground Clearance: 19 inches.
Ground Pressure: 15.5 PSI
Suspension: Torsion Bars
Obstacle Crossing: 45 inches.
Vertical Trench: 9 Feet
Power Plant: CGA-1900 turbine engine
Power Rating: 1900 HP
Power to Weight Ratio: 26.2 hp/ton
Hydro Kinetic Transmission: 4 Speed Forward, 2 Speed Reverse.
Speed - Maximum: 50 mph (Governed)
Speed - Cross Country: 35 mph
Speed - 10% Slope: 20 mph
Speed - 60% Slope: 5 mph
Acceleration (0 to 20 mph): 7 Seconds
Cruising Range: 300 Miles
Main Armament: 135mm DM271 Smooth Bore Cannon
Commander's Weapon: .50 Cal MG
Coaxial Weapon: 20mm APK Coaxial MG
Loader's Weapon: —
Fire Control Syetem: Axia Integrated Technologies AIX-32 Digital FCS.
NBC System: 200 SCFM -Clean Cooled Air
Inventory - CAGF: 8,900
Inventory - CCMC: 1,100
Estimated Unit Replacement Cost: $7,200,000.

TURRET ARMOR
Front: 1500mm (59 in.) Chobham
Glacis: 2000mm (78.75 in.) Chobham
Sides: 1000mm (39.37 in.) Chobham
Rear: 1000mm (39.37) Chobham

HULL ARMOR
Front: 1000mm (59.37 in.) Chobham
Sides: 500mm (19.68 in.) Chobham
Back: 250mm (9.84 in.) Chobham
Roof: 125mm (4.92 in.) RHAe

Active Protection System and a NBC filter, you'd be surprised how many people forget those.
Last edited by Sovereign California on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
Founded: May 13, 2003
THE CALIFORIAN CONFEDERATED EMPIRE
[ Fiora S. A. Ravÿnna-AsträevaCalifornian EmpireCalifornian Empire Site v11.0 ]
[ Californian Empire Compendium [Maintenance|FT|Closed] ]

FutureTech RolePlayerC.C.E. Factbook
also known as Auracexia also known as Stryke
「私は日系人そしてイギリス人あるです女。」
Imperatrix of the Californian Confederated Empire, Fiora Selene Alexa Dévnostraéva.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:49 am

The Kievan People wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Senestrum rightfully demanded her correct claim to the new MBT thread OP, mods said 'lolno' and merged hers with the existing thread made by a puppet, Senestrum went RAEG, mods banned her, posted around ban, DEAT'd.
And she's apparently quitting NS anyway.

Inuto, I personally cast massive doubts over the hovertank concept, unless it's a conventional hovercraft with an MGS turret on it or something. Physically flying, hovering tanks I just don't think are tactically viable, even ignoring the issue of getting the thing to hover in the first place.

OHGODWHY

Petition the mod team to unban?
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Sovereign California
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sovereign California » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:51 am

M1A5 Vendetta HBT, Heavy Battle Tank. Californian Empire.

This tank was designed, developed and deployed as a means of fielding a true to form Heavy Battle Tank. And when the developers heard that the tank was meant to be a heavy battle tank, they rushed to work on the design and development. Outweighing it's predecessor the M1A4 Juggernaut by 32 tons, the M1A5 Vendetta was a completely new beast in comparison. With a lengthened chassis, a larger more powerful engine with an output of 2,570hp, the addition of two more axles, upgraded armor package, redesigned turret, turret mounted box launchers (fires chaff, flares, grenades, TOW and SAM missiles, and a 155mm smooth-bore cannon for it's primary weapon, this tank exemplifies the true nature of what a Heavy Battle Tank should be.

The M1A5 Vendetta's Axia Integrated Technologies AIX-45 Fire Control System is a late fourth generation system, this complex system is comprised of the laser range-finder, integrated ballistic computer, turret movement sensors, Battlefield Information Control System (BICS) and navigation aids. The AIX-45 FCS performs the following tasks:

+ Lasing for distance and automatically setting needed gun elevation for the current range.
+ Calculating and automatically applying lateral correction (lead) when engaging a moving target.
+ Compensating for vehicle's own movement.

GENERAL STATISTICS

Manufacturer: Axiom Dynamics (Land Systems Division)
Crew: 4: Commander, Gunner, Loader & Driver
Weight: 104.5 tons
Length: 35.5 feet
Length (Gun Forward): 43.35 feet long
Total Height: 11.2 feet tall.
Turret Height: 10.5 feet tall.
Hull Height: 6.75 feet tall.
Width: 15 wide max. (14.62 feet wide)
Ground Clearance: 21 inches.
Ground Pressure: 15.6 PSI
Suspension: Torsion Bars
Obstacle Crossing: 65 inches.
Vertical Trench: 9 Feet
Power Plant: CGA-2570 turbine engine
Power Rating: 2570 HP
Power to Weight Ratio: 29.6 hp/ton
Hydro Kinetic Transmission: 4 Speed Forward, 2 Speed Reverse.
Speed - Maximum: 50 mph (Governed)
Speed - Cross Country: 35 mph
Speed - 10% Slope: 20 mph
Speed - 60% Slope: 5 mph
Acceleration (0 to 20 mph): 5 Seconds
Cruising Range: 320 Miles
Main Armament: 155mm DM283 Smooth Bore Cannon
Commander's Weapon: .60 Cal APK MG
Coaxial Weapon: 20mm APK Coaxial MG
Loader's Weapon: —
Fire Control Syetem: Axia Integrated Technologies AIX-45 Digital FCS.
NBC System: 450 SCFM –Clean Cooled Air
Inventory - CAGF: 2,890,000
Inventory - CCMC: 2,110,000
Estimated Unit Replacement Cost: $12,600,000.

TURRET ARMOR
Front: 1500mm (59 in.) Chobham
Glacis: 2000mm (78.75 in.) Chobham
Sides: 1000mm (39.37 in.) Chobham
Rear: 1000mm (39.37) Chobham

HULL ARMOR
Front: 1000mm (59.37 in.) Chobham
Sides: 500mm (19.68 in.) Chobham
Back: 250mm (9.84 in.) Chobham
Roof: 125mm (4.92 in.) RHAe
Last edited by Sovereign California on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founded: May 13, 2003
THE CALIFORIAN CONFEDERATED EMPIRE
[ Fiora S. A. Ravÿnna-AsträevaCalifornian EmpireCalifornian Empire Site v11.0 ]
[ Californian Empire Compendium [Maintenance|FT|Closed] ]

FutureTech RolePlayerC.C.E. Factbook
also known as Auracexia also known as Stryke
「私は日系人そしてイギリス人あるです女。」
Imperatrix of the Californian Confederated Empire, Fiora Selene Alexa Dévnostraéva.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:56 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:
OHGODWHY

Petition the mod team to unban?

If I thought it would do any good, I would. On the other hand, I tend to lurk in Moderation quite often so I can cackle evilly at the trolls as they get deleted, and petition threads from third parties appealing a ruling tend to get shut down quickly. If you don't like a ruling against you, you file a GHR. If you don't like a ruling against someone else, too bad.

The only way Senestrum's coming back is if she appeals successfully, which is frankly unlikely given how pissed she is and, despite whatever argument you could make about how the mods handled the thread, her deletion was justified; posting past ban has always been a DEAT-worthy offence and there was no need for her tantrum that preceded it.

It's a shame because I liked Sen and NS is going to be a poorer place without her. Potentially she could come back with a new account though; she's probably not DoS.
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:59 am

Oh God, no.
No way has she racked up enough offences to be DoS-worthy.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:01 am

Ularn wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Petition the mod team to unban?

If I thought it would do any good, I would. On the other hand, I tend to lurk in Moderation quite often so I can laugh at the trolls as they get deleted, and petition threads from third parties appealing a ruling tend to get shut down quickly. The only way Senestrum's coming back is if she appeals successfully, which is frankly unlikely given how pissed she is and, despite whatever argument you could make about how the mods handled the thread, her deletion was justified; posting past ban has always been a DEAT-worthy offence and there was no need for her tantrum that preceded it.

It's a shame because I liked Sen and NS is going to be a poorer place without her. Potentially she could come back with a new account though; she's probably not DoS.

Although I like Rroan and certainly don't want to see her banned, the chances of this being over turned are slim to nil. She was told to stop complaining but she continued; a ban might have been a bit harsh but it was at least justified. Posting past the ban is much harder to argue. Not going to get lifted.
Last edited by Vitaphone Racing on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:12 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Oh God, no.
No way has she racked up enough offences to be DoS-worthy.

I think she got the message from the mods or just quit NS without making a new nation.

Anyways, Lanosian Main Battle Tank:
M5A1 Schwarzkopf Main Battle Tank
Source
Last edited by The Republic of Lanos on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:13 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:
Ularn wrote:If I thought it would do any good, I would. On the other hand, I tend to lurk in Moderation quite often so I can laugh at the trolls as they get deleted, and petition threads from third parties appealing a ruling tend to get shut down quickly. The only way Senestrum's coming back is if she appeals successfully, which is frankly unlikely given how pissed she is and, despite whatever argument you could make about how the mods handled the thread, her deletion was justified; posting past ban has always been a DEAT-worthy offence and there was no need for her tantrum that preceded it.

Although I like Rroan and certainly don't want to see her banned, the chances of this being over turned are slim to nil. She was told to stop complaining but she continued; a ban might have been a bit harsh but it was at least justified. Posting past the ban is much harder to argue. Not going to get lifted.

More concerning is how moderation handled this issue and in particular, their conduct towards players who raise issues.

True. I don't think the mods realised at the time that the regulars in the YNMBT and MMW threads had basically formed their own subculture with our own unwritten code of conduct who were pretty capable of self-governing and only called on the Mods when a flamewar broke out. Left to our own devices, the double-thread situation would probably have rectified itself by now with everyone just going to one thread.

If mod intervention was necessary, the better action might have been to lock the other thread but since the mods didn't know about the gentleman's agreement we had that Sen would be making the new thread (just as recognition for her contributions, not saying that she owned the thread), they wouldn't know that was the best course. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that could be done once the threads were merged, although the subsequent locking of the megathread seems fairly nonsensical since it just left a sour taste in everyone's mouth, prompting Sen's tantrum and ban. Not saying it's the mods' fault that she had a hissy fit; I'm just explaining what led to it.

So I wouldn't actually say the mods screwed up (except maybe in locking and making the new thread) as in any other situation their actions would have been correct. The fact that intervention here was probably unnecessary wouldn't have been apparent to anyone unless they spent a lot of time in the threads.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 am

Anyway, we might as well bury the hatchet I suppose before we all get done for threadjacking. Not sure if that would be ironic or not :p

Ularn wrote:Flattened the turret - I think it looks much better this way

You're right, it does
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:48 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Anyway, we might as well bury the hatchet I suppose before we all get done for threadjacking. Not sure if that would be ironic or not :p

Ularn wrote:Flattened the turret - I think it looks much better this way

You're right, it does

Good point. Just felt like I needed to get my rant out there somewhere.

Added the raised engine block now, but realised I have a problem:

Where do I put the hatches?

In the old version I had both pilot and gunner side by side inside the hull, hence the two hatches which can't actually be opened when the turret is pointing straight ahead. When I started the redesign, I wanted to do away with this silly layout, placing the crew one behind the other with the gunner in the turret, and widening to the turret with extra armur so it protects the hull from top-down attacks. Only now I've realised that in making the turret into an armoured pancake I've covered all the space where I might have put a hatch. For some reason, only having one access in the turret for both crew just seems like a Bad Idea TM and, to be honest, I'm not even sure there'd be room for that once I've added the hardpoints for additional weapons/sensor mounts.

Maybe I should just put a door in the back. Who needs rear armour anyway?

EDIT: Or, you know, I could lengthen the hull by another metre to make room for the hatch. A 7m long hull's probably not too big...
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:15 am

What would be a typical composition of a 50-man tank platoon:

Would it be eight tanks with four-man crews (including platoon leader and sergeant) for a total of 32 men in the tanks and 18 as the support staff?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information