NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Mk.IV

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next Ground Vehicle thread?

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
19%
Transnapastain
12%
Lubyak
8%
Risen Britannia
31%
The Alaska Colony
12%
Orussia
9%
The Kievan People
9%

Total votes : 265

The State of Czecho-Slovakia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

My MBT, and the Tanks of my Puppets

Postby The State of Czecho-Slovakia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:57 pm

My MBT is the Mark V Medium tank. Initial units where ordered from Austrio-Slava, but subsequently produced in great numbers by Kitsune Motors, and auto manufacturer in my protectorate Kitsunetsuki. These equip our Army, and the AEF. (See the Chrysanthemum Alliance regional message board). The AEF is also equipped with FT -17 light tanks. My colony, Ume-shi, uses several variants of the Sherman tank, so that I can RP in the WW2 and postwar eras as well as the interwar period.
Player Since 2012

The United National Space Command
Secretary

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs) [Part 4]

Postby The United National Space Command » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm

UNSC Grizzly Attack Tank
Read the side for info

UNSC Scorpion Tank
105 mm gun with two 50 cal miniguns Has an auto-reloader supports a crew of 2.

UNSC Cougar
Its an APC

UNSC Cobra
Our most feared APC. Dual gauss cannons that penetrate any armor and has a lockdown mode.
Last edited by The United National Space Command on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We ARE the UNSC

Pour notre peuple, de notre univers, pour notre monde

Mess with the best die like the rest

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 pm

It's fucking huge, poorly armoured, undercrewed and undergunned.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Arkania 5
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkania 5 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm

What? Only 88mm?
MT <Compatible with FanT if needed>: The Shattered Enclave [INACTIVE]
FT: Aperture Industries
"The Shattered Enclave is technically a failed nation, but through all odds, they have survived as a million-headed hydra, all ready to simultaneously attack each other as their enemies. Wildly different factions, each with cultures that simply could not have developed within a hundred years, kept in a temporum of chaos...one wonders if more unexplained powers were involved in the creation of this monstrosity..."
WE ARE THE COLOR RED IN A WORLD FULL OF BLACK AND WHITE.....
tl;dr: Not a country or a nation. More like an entire world divided into a trillion pieces. Near impossible to invade. FanT/FT origins, MT/PMT technology.
Allanea wrote:evil shithole of a country

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 pm

I made this a while ago, but I'm starting to notice if i look at it for lke a minute or so...is the turret too small?

I didn't notice it before, but it seems pretty damn clear to me that (using the schoolgirl's head), the turret really doesn't look like it can fit more than 2 people. in which it puts the the entire tank to failure, because it needs 2 people in the turret for usage.

God dammit i need bigger paper.
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:32 pm

The United National Space Command wrote:UNSC Grizzly Attack Tank
(Image)
88 mm gun with a 5 mm Minigun on top. Supports a crew of 6.

UNSC Scorpion Tank
(Image)
96 mm gun with two 5 mm miniguns Has an auto-reloader supports a crew of 2.

What would be the point of the threads in the middle?
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
(Image)

UNSC Scorpion Tank
(Image)

To make killing it easier.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:I made this a while ago, but I'm starting to notice if i look at it for lke a minute or so...is the turret too small?

I didn't notice it before, but it seems pretty damn clear to me that (using the schoolgirl's head), the turret really doesn't look like it can fit more than 2 people. in which it puts the the entire tank to failure, because it needs 2 people in the turret for usage.

Now that is art. Bravo. Dunno if it looks right, but it looks fantastic.
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Veceria wrote:
Cyprum Xecuii wrote:I made this a while ago, but I'm starting to notice if i look at it for lke a minute or so...is the turret too small?

Now that is art. Bravo. Dunno if it looks right, but it looks fantastic.

There's no point of it being right if it doesn't actually work like the big hunk of "airstrike target" above my post lol

actually, i think almost all of the tanks i draw are pretty damn cramped, someone noted that about my DT-20 tank too.
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Lubyak wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

To make killing it easier.

That's awfully considerate of them!

Seriously, though. One would think they could have kept the other threads in the middle, instead of putting them off at the side.
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:01 pm

If goign for T-55ish size this might help:

The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Crookfur wrote:

Yep my turret's too small. so either i need bigger paper, or I'll have to learn how to draw smaller....damn...

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:23 pm

(Image)

UNSC Scorpion Tank
(Image)

I like that concept art MUCH better. But it wouldn't even be able to kill my APC's and my APC could kill it
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

Yep my turret's too small. so either i need bigger paper, or I'll have to learn how to draw smaller....damn...

Drawing the figures that are in the picture for reference as being a little smaller isn't an option?
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:38 pm

I like the thumbs up MG
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:59 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:

I like the thumbs up MG

lol it was supposed to be an osculating unmanned MG turret lol. and the thumbs which you see was an aiming sight attached (which i now realize has no purpose since it's unmanned).

As for drawing people smaller, that's difficult for me to do since drawing things smaller takes more time for me and I'm not so precise. If i had a .3mm lead i probably could do it. Also i also said that most of my tanks looked cramped regardless of whether there's people for measuring, one being the

I already talked about the tandem armor piercing rod + HE shells (which didn't work out) and so yeah, i have to create a new line of tanks so they look more "correct".

I was thinking about using the shape of the IS-8 hull (only the shape), size it up to a modern battle tank's hull, armor it like a modern battle tank, and then cast an original turret on top along with a short barreled 130mm. Then it could fire missiles like how an IT-1 would, except "modern" lol.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Where is the engine on that thing located?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Purpelia wrote:Where is the engine on that thing located?

my point exactly, too cramped. it was supposed to be some industrial tractor but i made it a light tank :l

If i could guess, it'd be somewhere in the back, dangerously close to the people in the turret section of the tank...

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Where is the engine on that thing located?

my point exactly, too cramped. it was supposed to be some industrial tractor but i made it a light tank :l

If i could guess, it'd be somewhere in the back, dangerously close to the people in the turret section of the tank...

Could be electric?...Would an electric engine have the horsepower to move a tank?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Ah here, this is the tank that i want to create. now obviously it's just a statement, but i want to see if it could work.

The hull of an IS-8 tank (but modernized in armor, engine, chassis (tank made to fit 5 road wheels), etc. and then top it off with a modern tank turret. I think it could work, but do you? because I'm expecting some "it can't work, or it won't be good on the modern battlefield", etc from you guys.
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:24 am

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

Could be electric?...Would an electric engine have the horsepower to move a tank?

Not unless it was a diesel electric powerplant. And those take up lots of space and weight, because it's essentially a full sized engine and a generator. But, depending on the arrangement, you can dispense with a gearbox.
D/E is cool because you can get ALL OF TEH TORQUE whenever you touch the throttle.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 am

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:Ah here, this is the tank that i want to create. now obviously it's just a statement, but i want to see if it could work.

(Image)

The hull of an IS-8 tank (but modernized in armor, engine, chassis (tank made to fit 5 road wheels), etc. and then top it off with a modern tank turret. I think it could work, but do you? because I'm expecting some "it can't work, or it won't be good on the modern battlefield", etc from you guys.

Compare the IS-3's IS-8's glacis thickness to the penetration of an RPG-7.
Last edited by The Kievan People on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 am

Looking at those images I seriously have to ask. Where is the IS in that? Because I can't see a shred of it.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Elevteria
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elevteria » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:35 am

M 84D

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:39 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Not unless it was a diesel electric powerplant. And those take up lots of space and weight, because it's essentially a full sized engine and a generator. But, depending on the arrangement, you can dispense with a gearbox.
D/E is cool because you can get ALL OF TEH TORQUE whenever you touch the throttle.

I could see a leadfoot running through a wall.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information