NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Mk.IV

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next Ground Vehicle thread?

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
51
19%
Transnapastain
33
12%
Lubyak
20
8%
Risen Britannia
83
31%
The Alaska Colony
31
12%
Orussia
24
9%
The Kievan People
23
9%
 
Total votes : 265

User avatar
Alowwvia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1570
Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alowwvia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Amerikians wrote:
Kouralia wrote:Why do you need Tactics and strategy to beat NS Supertanks?


You need tactics and strategy to approach any combat situation.

Ofc with Titanium Armor; bring flamethrowers...


If it has an exhaust, it can be clogged.

If it has wheels, they can be fucked with.

Nothing is invincible.
Reality Check about Gun Violence in America

Alowwvia under Quarantine!? [OPEN/MT]
http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/stats=alowwvia

^These are canon stats, though 'Land' forces compose three branches.

Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

"Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude. "
-Alexis de Tocqueville

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson


Pro: ur mom
Anti: ur face

User avatar
Osaea
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Oct 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Osaea » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Whatever tank is manufactured, it'll be easier, and much cheaper, to manufacture a one-use ATGM that can kill it. At least, that's the golden rule.
Last edited by Osaea on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alowwvia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1570
Founded: May 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alowwvia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Osaea wrote:Whatever tank is manufactured, it'll be easier, and much cheaper, to manufacture a one-use ATGM that can kill it. At least, that's the golden rule.

And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.
Reality Check about Gun Violence in America

Alowwvia under Quarantine!? [OPEN/MT]
http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/stats=alowwvia

^These are canon stats, though 'Land' forces compose three branches.

Economic Left/Right: 3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

"Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude. "
-Alexis de Tocqueville

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."
-Thomas Jefferson


Pro: ur mom
Anti: ur face

User avatar
Osaea
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Oct 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Osaea » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:19 pm

Alowwvia wrote:
Osaea wrote:Whatever tank is manufactured, it'll be easier, and much cheaper, to manufacture a one-use ATGM that can kill it. At least, that's the golden rule.

And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

User avatar
Moriskov
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1829
Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

Win. Don't mind if I sig this?
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

User avatar
Discordant Schism
Diplomat
 
Posts: 617
Founded: Jun 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Discordant Schism » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:42 pm

What kind of warfare and terrain was the M60A3 made for? It seems like a great tank, but for Cold War tank slugging matches? I'm a much smaller nation than any of my neighbors, and the terrain is pretty much Afghanistan.

Note: Not sand dune after sand dune. Really quite like this.

User avatar
Amerikians
Senator
 
Posts: 3680
Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Discordant Schism wrote:What kind of warfare and terrain was the M60A3 made for? It seems like a great tank, but for Cold War tank slugging matches? I'm a much smaller nation than any of my neighbors, and the terrain is pretty much Afghanistan.

Note: Not sand dune after sand dune. Really quite like this.


Patton was meant for the fields and valleys of Europe and North America, slugging it out with T-72 and T-80 alongside the MBT-70 (M1 Abrams, Leopard 1/2)

A-Stan is more friendly to...Horses I guess, helicopter gunships as well.

I mean you can use it in that terrain, just to less effectiveness.
The United States of America
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2040 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

Fictionalization for dark amusement.
Proclaimed Best-NS-America, one of Estainia's.

User avatar
The Kievan People
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11387
Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Discordant Schism wrote:What kind of warfare and terrain was the M60A3 made for? It seems like a great tank, but for Cold War tank slugging matches? I'm a much smaller nation than any of my neighbors, and the terrain is pretty much Afghanistan.

Note: Not sand dune after sand dune. Really quite like this.


Tanks work fine in Afghanistan.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

User avatar
Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19987
Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:27 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Discordant Schism wrote:What kind of warfare and terrain was the M60A3 made for? It seems like a great tank, but for Cold War tank slugging matches? I'm a much smaller nation than any of my neighbors, and the terrain is pretty much Afghanistan.

Note: Not sand dune after sand dune. Really quite like this.


Tanks work fine in Afghanistan.

Apart from the heat, they need modding for that.
Some have dust issues, too.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

User avatar
The Kievan People
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11387
Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:
Tanks work fine in Afghanistan.

Apart from the heat, they need modding for that.
Some have dust issues, too.


You are correct many militaries were unable to anticipate they might need AC. In a desert. Sadly.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

User avatar
Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19987
Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Apart from the heat, they need modding for that.
Some have dust issues, too.


You are correct many militaries were unable to anticipate they might need AC. In a desert. Sadly.

Given that most of these tanks were intended to be used during or following a nuclear exchange, I find it odd that AC was not considered in the original design process.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

User avatar
Osaea
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Oct 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Osaea » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Moriskov wrote:
Osaea wrote:
True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

Win. Don't mind if I sig this?


Go ahead.

User avatar
The Kievan People
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11387
Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Purpelia wrote:So a big gunned TD might be a solution to these and allow you to use more practical tanks for everything else a tank is supposed to do like supporting infantry.

That's how my PMT concept for the Ymir works out. (Although it is an abortive result of such a project but lets not nitpick)


Purpelia wrote:Flexibility. A gun armed TD doubles as a good assault gun and stuff. A missile tank is just a one trick pony.


Now you are just going in circles.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

User avatar
Kouralia
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15071
Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kouralia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:
You are correct many militaries were unable to anticipate they might need AC. In a desert. Sadly.

Given that most of these tanks were intended to be used during or following a nuclear exchange, I find it odd that AC was not considered in the original design process.

British Tanks w/ most superioriorest modification.

:P
send doots
Islas Malvinas
The Times of Kurton - National News Source
Risen Britannia wrote:"England has been invaded at various points throughout its history. Fortunately, every invader mysteriously became English when they took over, thus leaving England undefeated."

User avatar
Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19987
Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:55 pm

"Battlefield too irradiated to survive?
MAKE TEA, MAGGOT"
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

User avatar
Eastern Slavia
Envoy
 
Posts: 262
Founded: Oct 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Slavia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Moriskov wrote:Guise. Guise. Is this a -72 or a -64?
(Image)


T-72B
East Slavyanka is an unrecognized state with a population of 22.5 million people, the current President since 2015 is Anna Oktyabrskaya

Embassy Program

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34249
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Purpelia wrote:So a big gunned TD might be a solution to these and allow you to use more practical tanks for everything else a tank is supposed to do like supporting infantry.

That's how my PMT concept for the Ymir works out. (Although it is an abortive result of such a project but lets not nitpick)


Purpelia wrote:Flexibility. A gun armed TD doubles as a good assault gun and stuff. A missile tank is just a one trick pony.


Now you are just going in circles.

No I am not. Just because this thing is not intended to be used as a MBT but as a TD does not mean it should not be flexible enough to do other things besides its primary function. It just won't be doing the same things a MBT would. Just like it is too heavy and slow to be used as an MBT effectively the huge gun lets it be useful in ways conventional MBT's just aren't and in ways that a missile tank can't be.

Specialization is good. But overspecialization is for insects.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
The Noble Wolf
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Noble Wolf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Alowwvia wrote:
Amerikians wrote:
You need tactics and strategy to approach any combat situation.

Ofc with Titanium Armor; bring flamethrowers...


If it has an exhaust, it can be clogged.

If it has wheels, they can be fucked with.

Nothing is invincible.

Any part of the vehicle is susceptible to thermite.

User avatar
The Kievan People
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11387
Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Purpelia wrote:No I am not. Just because this thing is not intended to be used as a MBT but as a TD does not mean it should not be flexible enough to do other things besides its primary function. It just won't be doing the same things a MBT would. Just like it is too heavy and slow to be used as an MBT effectively the huge gun lets it be useful in ways conventional MBT's just aren't and in ways that a missile tank can't be.

Specialization is good. But overspecialization is for insects.


Not an arguement against missile armed TDs. Quite the opposite in fact.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

User avatar
Purpelia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34249
Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
Purpelia wrote:No I am not. Just because this thing is not intended to be used as a MBT but as a TD does not mean it should not be flexible enough to do other things besides its primary function. It just won't be doing the same things a MBT would. Just like it is too heavy and slow to be used as an MBT effectively the huge gun lets it be useful in ways conventional MBT's just aren't and in ways that a missile tank can't be.

Specialization is good. But overspecialization is for insects.


Not an arguement against missile armed TDs. Quite the opposite in fact.

Are you reading what I am saying?

To sum my words up once more for you. Specialization is all well and good. But overspecialization is a bad thing. And a missile armed TD is overspecialized compared to a gun armed one that can also fire missiles. As the Soviets have found out time and time again with their various missile tank experiments.
Last edited by Purpelia on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.



The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

User avatar
Spirit of Hope
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9961
Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Purpelia wrote:
The Kievan People wrote:
Not an arguement against missile armed TDs. Quite the opposite in fact.

Are you reading what I am saying?

To sum my words up once more for you. Specialization is all well and good. But overspecialization is a bad thing. And a missile armed TD is overspecialized compared to a gun armed one that can also fire missiles. As the Soviets have found out time and time again with their various missile tank experiments.

I don't think a missile armed TD would be that overspecialized. with the right missile load out it could also engage helicopters, and infantry relatively easily. Also it could work with infantry/other units to fire at targets outside of its line of sight.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

User avatar
San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12111
Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Get to the forth minute and wait.

I'm assuming this man was a certain Gordan Freeman?
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Can I get away with my tank's armor stopping 152mm shells from the front, 140mm shells from the sides, 120mm from the rear, 155mm artillery direct hits, top-attack ATGMs, and all current ATGMs?

Just want to ask this before I say something for sure.

User avatar
The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13903
Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.


True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

You mean Tom Hanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apBywAsxunU
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

User avatar
The Ctan
Minister
 
Posts: 2790
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:14 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Can I get away with my tank's armor stopping 152mm shells from the front, 140mm shells from the sides, 120mm from the rear, 155mm artillery direct hits, top-attack ATGMs, and all current ATGMs?

You aren't me. So no.
"If any should be slaves, it should be first those who desire it for themselves, and secondly those who desire it for others. When I hear anyone arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally." ~ Abraham Lincoln
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greater Miami Shores, Rusn

Advertisement

Remove ads