NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Tank [Part 2]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 am

French Guyane wrote:Looking at that previous design with the picture from the Abrams all I can say is.

Leclerc > Abrams

Oh, but you forgot to factor in for the crew surrendering at the first sight of the enemy.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:22 am

Purpelia wrote:
French Guyane wrote:Looking at that previous design with the picture from the Abrams all I can say is.

Leclerc > Abrams

Oh, but you forgot to factor in for the crew surrendering at the first sight of the enemy.

Whereas the Americans would fire on any allied units in the area amirite?
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 am

-St George wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Oh, but you forgot to factor in for the crew surrendering at the first sight of the enemy.

Whereas the Americans would fire on any allied units in the area amirite?

The Brits would sit back and sip at tea.

And eat scones. Scones are good.

Moriskov
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Moriskov » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:25 am

Anemos Major wrote:
-St George wrote:Whereas the Americans would fire on any allied units in the area amirite?

For sure i thought they would of started to argue with the French, or is that too much of a stereotype?
"Vengeance is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. It's thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. You may be able to destroy me, but the beast will eventually come for you."
Vladimir Makarov
Osaea wrote:
Alowwvia wrote:And for every ATGM, there's a guy with a pistol that can kill him for much cheaper.

True. But can the guy with a pistol kill the tank? Only if he's Mattias Nilsson.

.............. \_▂▂▂████▄▄▂___
.........[█|||█████WOT PLAYER████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃▂
..__▂▄▅█████████████████████▄▃▂
I████Moriskov [1AR-R] - T-43 ██████████]
I████████████████████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤

Pronounced: Mor-skoj

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:27 am

Moriskov wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

For sure i thought they would of started to argue with the French, or is that too much of a stereotype?
Nah, we'd make jokes from afar, and legislate so that a Frenchie would get a shorter sentence than a Brit if he stabbed someone (actually happened in the Victorian Era).
Anemos Major wrote:
-St George wrote:Whereas the Americans would fire on any allied units in the area amirite?

Awwwww jeah.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 am

Licana wrote:
Yohannes wrote:Hmm...

I think it needs moar missals!

Seriously though, you keep popping out AY-2 variants at this rate, you're going to run out of alphabet, mate. :p

Nah, this will be the last one (Panthera Leo, meaning Lion symbolised the last MBT series of the AY2 variants). :p

Premislyd wrote:
Yohannes wrote:
No, it wouldn't. :)

I am not fussed George, so feel free to play around with the limiation, so long as its not silly. hehe.

Guess I'm gonna have to upgrade the AY2-1E....

You don't need to... the Tigris is still a force to be reckoned with..

-St George wrote:
Yohannes wrote:
No, it wouldn't. :)

I am not fussed George, so feel free to play around with the limiation, so long as its not silly. hehe.

Speaking of, does VMK/Yohannesische Bundesbank/Yohannesische Börse AG wish to acquire an amount of land in the Confederacy in the form of a SACI?

The Consortium would own the land, and any resources on it, and be given free reign to levy any tax they wish excluding a 10% VAT rate which is collected federally.

The Consortium would also have to pay homage to the Prince of the Corsans annually, bi-annually or tri-annually, in the form of a fee to ensure the slimline federal government runs at a surplus. The Consortium would be able to nominate, whether directly of by election, an Elector in the Council of Electors, who elect a politician or national figure to assume the role of Prince of the Corsans upon the death of the previous Prince.

Well, we don't do that practise since Yohannes is a social democratic nation, with soft-hearted and idealistic population, an entrenched critical free press that will be ready to voice and show its strong criticism towards the Federal Government (which maintains oversight over the three "corporate giants", that of the Yohannesische Borse AG, Yohannesische bundesbank and VMK AG).

The resulting situation will be a political crisis with heavy public indignation, most probably pertaining to speculation by the ever-skepticism-filled population upon the Federal Government's extra-territorial ambitions behind its initiative to purchase strategic holding aborad. :p

-St George wrote:
Premislyd wrote:
Guess I'm gonna have to upgrade the AY2-1E....

Why? The AY2-1E is perfectly usable still.

StGeorge is right, Pres. :p
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:37 am

Purpelia wrote:

Leclerc > Abrams

i c wat u did thar
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:45 am

Minnysota wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Oh, but you forgot to factor in for the crew surrendering at the first sight of the enemy.

i c wat u did thar

I think it's called 'pre-conceptive profiling'. Yeah, something like that.
Last edited by Anemos Major on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 am

Anemos Major wrote:
Minnysota wrote:
i c wat u did thar

I think it's called 'pre-conceptive profiling'. Yeah, something like that.

... possibly
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:03 pm

So I have been working on a sectional view of my tank and tank based IFV to see the armour layout and stuff, and I realized something. My tank crews are going to be short (IIRC maximum height is either 5'7" or 5'2"), to the point where I may have to lower my disciplinary standards to get more women to enlist (most women won't shave their heads to join the army and work in a tiny metal box, and few adult men a 5'2"), what's worse, my IFV is looking worse, I already had to move my gunner completely into the turret, so it looks like some strange gun pod (looks like a regular IFV turret with a large bulge in the back).

TBH I think I have to give up on the idea of an IFV or APC based off of my tank's chassis unless I lower the passengers to 4-6 people, which would mean that I would need 3 IFVs per platoon, and I would have to lower the number of crew to two people, or increase the number of IFV crew per platoon by 50%. Also, is a two man IFV feasible, or is it a bad idea for similar reasons to a two man tank being unfeasible?
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

The Soviet Technocracy
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Technocracy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Actually the whole backseat turret thing isn't that strange. I believe that was explored as a potential layout for the Block III tank.
New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11
I love Rebecca Black

The Germania Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Germania Alliance » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Risen Britannia wrote:
this should be the final version
(Image)
(camo done by Germania Alliance)

armament:
120mm gun
20mm/30mm coaxial
7.62mm coaxial
side mounted ATGM (can have up to 4 missile with a pod either side)
reusable UAV (but cheap enough to be disposable)
8 smoke launchers
7.62mm Remotely Operated Weapon Station

thoughts?

I'm thinking about redoing the camo and replacing that scheme... TBH, I rarely like my own work.
Salty Corporal in the Marine Corps.
God.Bless.America.
Alert Status: |Low| |Guarded| |Elevated| |High| |Severe|
Defcon: |5| |4| |3| |2| |1|

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 pm

The Soviet Technocracy wrote:Actually the whole backseat turret thing isn't that strange. I believe that was explored as a potential layout for the Block III tank.

Well here it is in all its glory...

The gunner sits in that little bulge in the turret, reclined back significantly, the engine is in the front, and the passenger compartment is in the rear.

The Germania Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Germania Alliance » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Please tell me it has an auto-loader.
God.Bless.America.

The Soviet Technocracy
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Technocracy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 pm

The Germania Alliance wrote:Please tell me it has an auto-loader.

The commander's chair IS the ammunition.

He merely lifts a shell off the floor and loads it into the gun. D:<
I love Rebecca Black

The Germania Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Germania Alliance » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:32 pm

The Soviet Technocracy wrote:

That seems like an awful lot of work for the commander. Wouldn't it just be easier to lie down and slide into the cannon and BE the ammunition?
God.Bless.America.

The Soviet Technocracy
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Technocracy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:37 pm

The Germania Alliance wrote:

That seems like an awful lot of work for the commander. Wouldn't it just be easier to lie down and slide into the cannon and BE the ammunition?

Only if he's plt LT.
I love Rebecca Black

The Germania Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Germania Alliance » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:41 pm

The Germania Alliance wrote:

Only if he's plt LT.

But once the ammunition has been exhausted, there would be someone ready to replace him.

Quickly, get your factories to begin producing human munitions!
God.Bless.America.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:41 pm

It is a 50mm autocannon so yes.

The Germania Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Germania Alliance » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:44 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:

It is a 50mm autocannon so yes.

Good, I had hoped so.
God.Bless.America.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:56 am

Thrinia
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thrinia » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:59 am

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46322
OOC:The Thrinian Catholic Church by no means claims to be a representation of the RL catholic church, nor does it seek to in anyway debase Rome. It simply remains a NS religion making project.
IC Population: 80.000.000
My Ideology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR6lzPcOdzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL6gLm7vgM0

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:14 am

V nice.

Though I'd recommend doing what you did with the YTAs and drawing a 'shortened' barrel, since your main pic gives the appearance of a short barrel and no muzzle brake.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:39 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:

V nice.

Though I'd recommend doing what you did with the YTAs and drawing a 'shortened' barrel, since your main pic gives the appearance of a short barrel and no muzzle brake.

YTA?

And I can't; I tried that, and it looks disjointed beyond belief. The disclaimer at the top should be self-explanatory anyhow.

Rainara
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rainara » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:56 am

(OOC: Picture looks... real?)

Weight: 73.2 Short Tons
Length Gun Forward: 36.02 Ft
Hull length: 29.01 Ft
Width: 11.3 Ft
Height: 7.9 Ft
Crew: 4
Armor: Depleted Uranium, Chobham Armor, Homogeneous Armor and Explosive Reactive Armor
Main armament: 120mm Smoothbore Cannon
Secondary armament 1x .50 Caliber Gun
Engine: Fallor VX-T1 multi-fuel turbine engine
1,520 shp
Power/weight: 22.9 hp/t
Transmission: Fallor TE-291
Suspension: Torison bar
Ground clearance 1 ft 3 in
Fuel capacity: 600 US Gallons
Operational range: 260 Mi
Speed Road Speed: 37MPH
Off-road Speed: 28MPH
Cost: $13.5 Million

The KX1P's namesake comes from the Greek Mythological Figure "Phobos", which is the spirit of fear, flight and battlefield rout. This tank is a powerful foe, boasting a punch of power, powerful armor. Speed is compensated by a powerful engine to preserve it's power.

The tank is protected by 4 kinds of armor, Depleted Uranium plates on the 4 sides of the tank (Front, Back, Left, Right), Chobham Armour on all sides of the tank, Rolled Homogenous Armor on all sides and for an extra, Explosive Reactive Armor. To add up with a defense, the tank is defended with an active protection system known as the "Amechania Active Protection System", which uses radar to track incoming missiles. A sudden shotgun blast then happens in the blink of an eye which destroys the missile. But, it is only limited to Heat-Seeking missiles and RPGs. With the combination of these, defense can be sustained while in the battlefield, ensuring that your crew won't die from a single shot of a tank. However, the tank is not invincible and can be destroyed at any given time.

The tank's main armament is a 120mm Smoothbore cannon, which gives it power to kill it's foes on the ground. The cannon is high pressured which gives it power (?). It's barrel length is 53 calibers. As a secondary weapon, it uses a .50 Caliber Gun to eliminate enemy forces (or at least supress them). This gives it the power to fight another day in the battlefield. To avoid the person controlling the gun being massacred on the battlefield, the .50 Caliber gun is remote controlled. The secondary has a coaxial that enables to turn to 360 Degrees.

There are 4 crew in the tank, the gunner, the commander, the loader and the driver. The gunner mans the turret, the commander does all the strategies and mans the .50 Caliber Remote Control Machine Gun, the loader loads the turret, and the driver obviously drives the tank so that it can move. With the combination of these crew, they man the tank so that it may be effective in ways. It is recommended however that the crew be properly trained so that effectiveness may be achieved.

This tank was an ambition for our designer Alfred B. Nax. Back in the 80's, he dreamed of a mighty tank that stood against enemies and eliminated them. So, he made his plans and submitted it to the CEO of the company. But, the CEO was not pleased with the design, so, Alfred redesigned the plans until he got the attention of the CEO. Then, the tank was developed a few days after.

After the tank was developed, Alfred was 43 that time. He went to visit the factory and saw his beautiful design. He touched it and said "This tank is... marvelous. Fallor has made my ambition of a tank come true... now, I am ready to die from my cancer since my joy has been complete." A day after, he died because of his cancer (Cover Up. The True Reason He Died Because Sarena Industries hired some assassins to eliminate him D:< ).

Developed from 1998 to 2008, this tank was designed to counter Sarena Industries' XA MBT series. It happened to perform better than of Sarena Industries' due to Fallor's more experienced designers. However, the Phobos was not really recognized due to Sarena Industries' title in Rainara. However, some was in service with the Rainarian military. But thanks to the establishing of our website, this tank was more recognized.

This tank first experienced combat with the Rainarian war against terrorism. Against the terrorists, the tank stood still and never had a chance to lose. This made the Rainarian military rethink it's decisions to ignore the tank and ordered some more, completely erasing the XA series from the sights of the Rainarian military. The Phobos is now the main MBT of the Armed Forces of Rainara.

-Developed By: Fallor Inc., The ultimately biased storefront.
Last edited by Rainara on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rainarian Map and States/Regions
DEFCON Level: 5
Country Situation Meter: 10%

"Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave." - Lord Brougham

"Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver." - Ayn Rand

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information