NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Tank [Part 2]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Indeos wrote:
Licana wrote:tbh, XM2001 is probably just as good (if not, better) than most NS SPH systems.

As for MBT, you could go with one of Lyras's LY series, if you aren't making your own, I'd say that you should browse GE&T. Same with IFVs, do some looking around, see what would be the best fit for your terrain/tactics/other important thing.

I'll probably go XM2001 for SPA, unless I find something better. I don't really want to go Lyran because of the amount of Lyran-equipped nations, and ICly Indeos is trying not to be dependent on foreign military supplies.

@Saur: That is what it is...derp?

If you want to, you can use my tanks for free, at no charge. No need to order post and do all those stuff. If you're interested, i will give you the link to my storefront, and you can simply pick which one you want, and how many. Telegram me further if you're interested.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Bellganamos
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellganamos » Mon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Meh. I'm not a fan of using real life hardware. I used the M1A2 until I discovered VMK AG. Now I realize how outclassed some real life stuff is.

Haha, and Yohannes posts before me.
Last edited by Bellganamos on Mon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
00:34 Minn: I suddenly fear Bell now.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Mon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm

i want tanks for free since we are good friends oocly and almost allies icly D:<
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon May 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Minnysota wrote:i want tanks for free since we are good friends oocly and almost allies icly D:<

:p
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

United Districts of 1
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm going to start selling the DM-40 Concat.
Please refer to me as The Kyoto Trade Union at all times in IC
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!
My name in cat= Aknò:ziˑn rnckxx zeˑx

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Mon May 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Minnysota wrote:i want tanks for free since we are good friends oocly and almost allies icly D:<

i'm taking that as a yes so cancel the dpr and just start giving me free tanks

you can thank me when tergnitz isn't invading yo ass

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Minnysota wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

Pfft, I say make Minny pay double for this. :p
Last edited by Licana on Mon May 09, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Mon May 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Shut up, Lic! I think I'm about to crack this deal! :p

Oh Yohannes, instead of using the 140mm ETC, I'm gonna downgrade to the Tiger version that has the 120mm Smootbore.

kthxbai

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon May 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Minnysota wrote:
Yohannes wrote:

If of course, HE can, since we are talking about land border here, presumably by all mean that Terg will face me in a one-on-one tank combat (if not more than two or three battles looking at both the Tergnitz and Anago-Yohannesian Army's size).

And that is not included with the fact that i am currently developing a new variant to the AY2 series, which this time i will not allow anyone to have its DPR. (which the AY2-1D was supposed to be restricted in terms of DPR as well, but i just could not reject people's offer) :p

Sol Core Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sol Core Federation » Mon May 09, 2011 7:38 pm

M707B Ridgeway Main Battle Tank

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wKWFulxficg/S ... Tank+5.jpg - image courtesy of Google image search. And yes, I know the image doesn’t match up perfectly with the stats but I’d prefer not to see how my horrible MS paint skills transfer over to 3D.

The M707B Ridgeway Main Battle Tank was developed fifteen years ago as the successor to the aging M706A5 Scorpion MBT. The M707B Ridgeway uses a 60 mW Hydrogen fuel cell. The Ridgeway's armor is made up of two primary layers; an outer layer of Electromagnetic Armor and an inner of Tirtainium, giving it incredible protection against everything short of a direct hit from a heavy anti-tank weapon or the main gun of another heavy tank.

Armed with a 140mm auto-loading magnetically accelerated cannon in an automated turret, two secondary automated turrets with a standard loadout of a 70 kW free-electron lasers and Typhoon autocannon, scatterable mines and several integrated 60mm mortars, hydropneumatic suspension, Electromagnetic armor, N45 Multi-sensor Target Acquisition Sensor, CDC ADA based fire control system, lightweight track, advanced chemical agent alarm, NBC collective protection system and a Vehicle Integrated Defense System with countermeasures, threat sensors and smoke. The tank is equipped with an automatic Kedian fire extinguishing system which is activated within 2 milliseconds of a fire outbreak and extinguishes a fire within 100 milliseconds.

The automated turret holds the 120mm auto loading anti-tank gun which has a standard muzzle energy of 150MJ and a reload time of 4 seconds and standard recharge time of 15 seconds. With ammunition separated from the crew compartment by an armored blowout bulkhead crew survivability greatly increases.

The three-man crew is seated in an armored capsule inside the hull of the tank. With supplies and lavatory for 220 hours of combat operations the crew each crewman is linked to the tank’s system by their neural interfaces, as a back up each has 7 LCD screens providing data over the integrated combat network and by exterior high-resolution cameras with light-intensification and infrared sensors, an infrared laser rangefinder, and an integrated Electronic Support Measures array. Millimeter wave radar allows gun engagements on attack helos using airbursting rounds.

The Ridgway can run with a crew of two but in practice three are used, a Commander, Loader and Driver.

Specifications

Weight: 66.4 metric tons.
Length: 11 meters.
Width: 4.2 meters.
Height (counting secondary turrets): 2.7 meters.
Crew: Minimum of 1, 3 for optimal efficiency (Commander, Loader and Driver).
Primary Armament: 120mm gauss cannon (100 rounds ammo).
Secondary (Configurable):
  • Several 60mm mortars.
  • 70 kW free-electron laser point defense guns.
  • 25mm Typhoon auto cannons.
  • Plasma Cannon.
  • Heavy flame throwers.
Armor: Electromagnetic Armor (outer layer), Tirtainium Armor (inner layer) in whipple layers.
Shields: 24x Heavy Grav-Barrier Emitters.
Power Plant: 60 mW Hydrogen fuel cell.
Suspension: hydropneumatic
Clearance: 0.60 meters.
Range: 1246 km
Max. Speed (Road): 82 km/h.
Max. Speed (Off-road): 49 km/h.
This is how Vetinari thinks, his soul exulted. Plans can break down. You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers.”
— Terry Pratchett, Making Money

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146, German philosopher (1844 - 1900)
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/8/9/2/48892.jpg?v=1

No further photographs were taken after this point, but according to surviving witnesses the police spontaneously combusted from sheer terror.
Sol Core Federation Fact book [FT] - WIP
Semi-hard science FT nation

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon May 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Minnysota wrote:Shut up, Lic! I think I'm about to crack this deal! :p

Oh Yohannes, instead of using the 140mm ETC, I'm gonna downgrade to the Tiger version that has the 120mm Smootbore.

kthxbai

Actually now that we dwell on that subject Minny.. the reason i made the AY2-1D was to match the current wanked level of most NS grade tanks.

The AY2-1B (the one with the normal 120mm smoothbore) is more of a realistic real life version of the AY2 series. Since in some cases, i will perhaps face people who don't wank their tanks, and instead use normal real life tanks, and therefore by all mean i feel that it will be fair to face them with the same technology which they use in today's real life technology.

The AY2-1D was more of a NS MT, while the one with the 120mm smoothbore was more of a real life MT. :p

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Mon May 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Anastasia Romanova wrote:
Radictistan wrote:
Things I can think of:

1) Longer gun?
2) More armor on current chassis?

Needs reactive armor.

ERA didn't exist in 1939.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Minnysota
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

bah, the wankery awesomesauce that is the ay2-1d is too much to turn down so i'll stay with it

edit: i still want my damn free tanks D:<
Last edited by Minnysota on Mon May 09, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 10, 2011 12:03 am

Minnysota wrote:bah, the wankery awesomesauce that is the ay2-1d is too much to turn down so i'll stay with it

edit: i still want my damn free tanks D:<

Lol. :p

Anyway.... (link provided when clicking the picture below)

AY2-1E "Panthera Tigris" Main Battle Tank
The Thunderous Juggernaut of the Anago-Yohannesian elite Guards Division

Bellganamos
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bellganamos » Tue May 10, 2011 3:30 am

Yohannes wrote:
Minnysota wrote:Shut up, Lic! I think I'm about to crack this deal! :p

kthxbai

Actually now that we dwell on that subject Minny.. the reason i made the AY2-1D was to match the current wanked level of most NS grade tanks.

The AY2-1B (the one with the normal 120mm smoothbore) is more of a realistic real life version of the AY2 series. Since in some cases, i will perhaps face people who don't wank their tanks, and instead use normal real life tanks, and therefore by all mean i feel that it will be fair to face them with the same technology which they use in today's real life technology.

The AY2-1D was more of a NS MT, while the one with the 120mm smoothbore was more of a real life MT. :p

That's the reason I'm gonna stick with the AY2-1B. I think the 140mm on tanks is a little far fetched.

EDIT: Yohannes, the AY2-1B carries a 125mm 55 calibre smoothbore ETC gun (taken directly from your long post about it :P)
Last edited by Bellganamos on Tue May 10, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
00:34 Minn: I suddenly fear Bell now.

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Tue May 10, 2011 3:45 am

Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Tue May 10, 2011 3:59 am

Glorious Russian Glory.

Anyway, while doing research on my new tank, ran across opposed piston opposed cylinder (OPOC) engines. Thinking about making that newtank's engine, y/n?
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Senestrum
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Senestrum » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 am

Licana wrote:Glorious Russian Glory.

Anyway, while doing research on my new tank, ran across opposed piston opposed cylinder (OPOC) engines. Thinking about making that newtank's engine, y/n?

Roantank engine actually uses this cylinder layout, although it's not implemented in quite the same manner as how the IRL OPOC engines are.

It's pretty awesome and was looked at for the FCS program, so y.

I'm not sure what it is exactly. The extent of my knowledge is that it's an old russian obyekt with a 152mm gun and a relatively low-profile turret, but that's something you can guess pretty easily by looking at it. :p

I'll look it up again tomorrow, I really need some sleep.
Need help with lineart or technical drawings? Want comments and critique? Or do you just want to show off?
If so, join Lineartinc today, Nationstates' only lineart community!
We welcome people of any skill level, from first-timers to veteran artists.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Tue May 10, 2011 9:05 am

United Districts of 1 wrote:
United Districts of 1 wrote:DM-40 Concat Radar truck
Crew: 1 driver, 2 radar technicians, 1 gunner
Length: 30 feet
height: 15 feet
Armor: 1.8 cm composite armor
Armament: 1 50. caliber machine-gun
Propulsion: 2 V8 diesel engines
Weight: 6 tones
Range: 200 miles

You say its a radar truck but what kind of radar is it supposed to carry? Is it supposed to be the fire control/alerting and coordination vehicle for a small SAM battery, counter battery fire finder for artillery units or a surface surveilance radar?

One hint in term fo art: Modern radar systems are very eay to draw as very few would in operation retain the classic "dish" appearance. They tend to either hide the dish under a radome/weather cover or are flat AESA panel systems.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 am

Crookfur wrote:
United Districts of 1 wrote:

You say its a radar truck but what kind of radar is it supposed to carry? Is it supposed to be the fire control/alerting and coordination vehicle for a small SAM battery, counter battery fire finder for artillery units or a surface surveilance radar?

One hint in term fo art: Modern radar systems are very eay to draw as very few would in operation retain the classic "dish" appearance. They tend to either hide the dish under a radome/weather cover or are flat AESA panel systems.

Used as a EWS for mobile troops, It's dish like because I didn't think that it'd matter to much what the dish was shaped like. And I liked how it looked.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:06 am

Dm-100
Main armament: 125mm smoothbore cannon
Secondary: 7.62 mm coaxial MG, 20 mm anit-aircraft gun
Armor: 6.5 cm carbon fiber-steel weave, complemented by reactive plates. EM resistant plates over sensative areas.
Crew: 5 (1 driver, 1 commander, 1 pilot, 1 gunner, 1 electronic warfare spec.)
Propulsion: 2 v-100 diesal engines with active cooling systems, Lighting and air control are powered by storing energry from the movement of the treads.
Range: 300 miles with full fuel
Top speed: 40 miles per hour
Price: 10,000,000 USD
Lenehen wrote:

United Districts of 1
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 am

HESHSABOT? Could that work?
Lenehen wrote:

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Tue May 10, 2011 11:16 am

How Heavy is it? What's the dimensions? How long is the 125mm main gun?

Why is there both a pilot and a driver? Why do you need a EMW specialist?

V-100?? I hope to god that this is a model name, and not configuration (would be lolhuge). Also, you definitely don't need two of them.

You have no dense material in your armour, a KEP will tear right through it.

Also, a blurb would be nice, it helps to explain what you're conceptulizing.
Last edited by Licana on Tue May 10, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Tue May 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Licana wrote:How Heavy is it? What's the dimensions? How long is the 125mm main gun?

Why is there both a pilot and a driver? Why do you need a EMW specialist?

V-100?? I hope to god that this is a model name, and not configuration (would be lolhuge). Also, you definitely don't need two of them.

You have no dense material in your armour, a KEP will tear right through it.

Also, a blurb would be nice, it helps to explain what you're conceptulizing.

KEPs are for cowards. Real men go HEAT for constant penetration regardless of distance. Punch through a meter of armour at 500m, punch through a meter at 1000m, and punch through a meter of armour at 2000m.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information