NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Tank [Part 2]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 am

Strykla wrote:Sheridan used a 152mm. If one had more guts than they should, they might mount a 155 on a tank chassis.

But anything above 125mm isn't really used in modern combat. I mean, 140mm is probably going to show up somewhere down the road, but not for at least a decade.

The Sheridan's 152 was a gun-launcher, not a gun per se.
It was very low powered. Sort of like a demolition mortar that could fire ATGMs.

And well, the Russians have mounted oodles of 152mm full-power guns onto tank chassis, so a 155 should be no problem at all. In fact, I do.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:25 am

Graditora wrote:
Senestrum wrote:Please link the tank with a 150mm gun with a lower mass than 40 tonnes.

Hummel. WW2 tech.

149mm. Still larger then my gun still.
24 Tons. Less then the F.A.T
10-20 rounds. This is the only thing that gets me. So I'll take into and lower my Ammo rack from 30 rounds to maybe around 18 rounds.
20-30MPH. I'm comparing to WW2 tech so this doesn't really matter.
The Hummel's gun had about 25% the muzzle energy of the M1A1/2 Abrams' 120mm gun firing a similar shell, because it had such a poor muzzle velocity. The case of the round fired by the Hummel's gun is about half the length of those used on the M256-compatible lines of ammunition.
Senestrum could probably calculate the difference in recoil impulse put onto the tank, but the Hummel's gun isn't powerful at all. Not by modern standards. After all, there were much more powerful guns of the same calibre and power in both the German, American and Russian arsenals.
Yes Im Biop wrote:

Ok... My Math shkills blow hard. But I know smaller space, Plus bigger ammo means you can hold 10 max rounds.

That This Tank WILL flip when fired because its so damn light. The Stryker (Why they put a 105 on it...) Will flip without it's stabazling supports lowered and it weighs 30*40 tons its self... Much smaller gun.

The Engine in this thing is...Well ist the same engine used in teh Challenger 2 and Other tanks...And Weighs nearly 5 tons on its own i think.

See the above.

Seriously if I can compare my tank to a tank or SPG from World War freaking 2! Then most of the problems I'm getting is the ammo capacity. And I'll gladly lower that to 15 or 18 rounds.
Bad choice. WWII tanks faced radically different threats to tanks today.
Modern tanks feature ERA, spall liners, armour cavities, composite armours (as opposed to solid steel plate), active and passive protection systems, and armours capable of providing almost a metre of steel-equivalent armour - in additional much bigger guns, ATGM capability, bigger engines and automatic loaders. WWII tanks could provide none of those. Because the threats that required this level of protection didn't exist.
Saphirasia wrote:>shrugs
Like I said. It'd need to be crewed by midgets.

Midgets? How small you talking? Graditorans average heights are only bout 5'3" to 5'7"
This could probably fit two people max, and only if they were sat in the turret ring. Because that can be the only place that allows a person to exist in the vehicle and have appreciable front glacis armour. And the tank probably isn't big enough to carry any 150-something-mm rounds, due to an all-round lack of space. There is no appreciable bustle, and the hull can't be large enough either. The turret ring could carry a number of rounds in a carousel fashion, but not many.
Call me Para.
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:47 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Modern tanks feature ERA, spall liners, armour cavities, composite armours (as opposed to solid steel plate), active and passive protection systems, and armours capable of providing almost a metre of steel-equivalent armour

Out of interest, does anyone have a table anywhere with the equivalent steel penetration thicknesses (or whatever you call them) for various guns and ammo? Ideally I'd like them for both small arms and tank guns if that's possible; I'm trying to figure out what would be reasonable figures for my FT rifles and tanks.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:00 am

Rule-of-thumb equation for a HEAT penetration is 6-8x the diameter of the warhead for a copper liner (affected by the length of the cone as well - more exotic liner materials such as gold might bump this to 10-12x diameter), EFP is 1-2x the diameter (affected by the shape formed - some EFPs can form complex projectiles in flight, and MEFP form multiple small projectiles from a single warhead, so obviously has much reduced penetration).

Off the top of my head, BMG is capable of 10-15mm penetration, 14.5x114 has double the energy of BMG so possibly has close to double the penetration (BS and B-32, armour piercing variants [BS is an incendiary armour-piercing] were both capable of 32mm penetration at 500m), while 30mm DU rounds can penetrate between 30 and 100mm RHa (from 1000-500m respectively).

Does anyone have a clue why 14.5x114's accuracy "degrades rapidly at ranges in excess of 1000m"?
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 am

United Districts of 1 wrote:Any one want to point in the way of some Exotic substances I can use as armor for a FT tank?

'Collapsed matter'. Not actual Neutronium, or even as dense as the 'degenerate matter' of 'white dwarf' stars, but a material within which intense levels of [artificial?] gravity have been used to force the atoms closer together until they have assumed a significantly denser arrangement than exists in 'normal' matter. Maybe this process has even reduced the atoms' average radius.
No, I don't know whether this would actually ever be achievable in RL, even if the gravity-controlling technology needed were to be proven possible, but it's what my own FT nation's toughest AFVs (and their naval starships) use.

Talking of high-calibre/low-power 'Assault Guns', how many of you already knew about the 'Churchill AVRE' that the British used on D-Day and its "flying dustbin" projectiles?

Wikipedia wrote:A petard mortar was the demolition weapon fitted to the Churchill AVRE tank. It was a mortar of a 290 mm bore, known to its crews as the "flying dustbin" due to the characteristics of its projectile: an unaerodynamic 20 kg charge which could be fired up to 100 m. This was sufficient to demolish many bunkers and earthworks and even disable a Tiger tank.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:58 am

United Districts of 1 wrote:Any one want to point in the way of some Exotic substances I can use as armor for a FT tank?

Going for relatively hard sci-fi, I use layers of titanium diboride and tungsten carbide, and some other ceramics on my tanks (and starships). Wikipedia's got more info on them; at least the former is already being prototyped on some tanks, I believe.
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:21 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Graditora wrote:*sigh*
The crew is only 3
The gun is a 144mm or a 140mm
I said I would be willing to make changes to the size to fit requirements.

Well double the weight first off, and increase the dimensions.

If I were to double the weight then it mine as well be larger then the Leopard.
I just want a tank that fits the requirements of

144mm Cannon or 140mm
60MPH on road
50MPH off road
Armor that deflects 100mm rounds
And a crew of 3
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 am

Graditora wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Well double the weight first off, and increase the dimensions.

If I were to double the weight then it mine as well be larger then the Leopard.
I just want a tank that fits the requirements of

144mm Cannon or 140mm
60MPH on road
50MPH off road
Armor that deflects 100mm rounds
And a crew of 3

And I think everyone's basically saying that's not possible in a package as small as you're asking for, or if it is, it would still be useless on a modern battlefield where everyone has guns bigger than 100mm.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 am

Not to mention, this would survive no ATGM impacts, and very little cannon fire.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Sucrati
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:10 am

Here:

Bobcat LAV

Type: Light Assault Vehicle

Speed: 105 Km/Hr
Weight: 3 Tonnes

Length: 5 Meters
Width: 3 Meters
Height: 2 Meters
Crew: 3 (Driver, Commander aka Shotgun, and Gunner) 2 other passengers if need be
Primary Armament: 1 Armor Piercing Missile Launcher/N-233 MAIRFW
Engine: 8 Cyl. Fuel Cells 6.2 L
Suspension: Veri Independent Suspension System
Fuel capacity: 5 Fuel Cells (Equiv of 120 liters of standard fuel)
Operational Range: 800 Km

Goliath HBT

Type: Heavy Assault Tank/Heavy Battle Tank

Speed: 60 Km/Hr
Weight: 98 Tonnes

Gun forward length: 12 Meters
Hull length: 12 Meters
Width: 8 Meters
Height: 6 Meters
Crew: 3 (commander, gunner, driver)
Armor: Titano-Ferric Armor Plating
Primary armament: 1 150 mm M85 rifled cannon
Secondary: 1 N-233 MAIRFWs/1 Anti-Air (6 pod) Missile Launcher
Engine: Freti-Industries ARI-22280 Multi-Fuel Turbine Engine 2,000 hp (1,471 kW)
Power/weight: 24.5 hp/metric ton
Transmission: Bellit 12140-3X
Suspension: Bellit 34452-2I
Ground clearance: 2.0 Meters
Fuel capacity: 4,500 liters
Operational range: 675 Km

Viper LBT

Type: Light Assault Tank/Light Battle Tank

Speed: 90 Km/Hr
Weight: 50 Tonnes

Gun forward length: 8 Meters
Hull length: 6 Meters
Width: 4 Meters
Height: 3 Meters
Crew: 3 (commander, gunner, driver)
Armor: Titano-Ferric Armor Plating
Primary armament: 1 120 mm M82 rifled cannon
Secondary: 1 N-233 MAIRFWs/1 Anti-Air (6 pod) Missile Luncher
Engine: Freti-Industries ARI-22109 Multi-Fuel Turbine Engine 1,500 hp (1,119 kW)
Power/weight: 24.5 hp/metric ton
Transmission: Bellit 12140-3X
Suspension: Bellit 34452-2I
Ground clearance: 3.5 Meters
Fuel capacity: 3,500 liters
Operational range: 750 Km
Economic Left/Right: 7.12; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:18 am

Sucrati wrote:Snip

Your light tank looks bigger than your heavy tank...

As for the stats, they look bad, and I'm guessing you're not clear on what some of them mean. On the other hand, explaining it all would take me a while and I'm meant to be writing a dissertation right now. Also I don't know a great deal about tanks so it's probably better if someone with more time and knowledge goes through it to save me making mistakes.
Last edited by Ularn on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

The Planet of Scalia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Planet of Scalia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:20 am

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11/10527/Hover_Battle_Tank_AFF_by_ikarus_tm2.jpg
The all-female, lesbian, humanoid, lizard, planet. Yup.

Sucrati
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sucrati » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:21 am

Ularn wrote:
Sucrati wrote:Snip

Your light tank looks bigger than your heavy tank...

The Viper is smaller, the Goliath is the Paladin Tank from CnC Generals

Basically, the pictures aren't representative of their respective scales.
Economic Left/Right: 7.12; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92
George Washington wrote:"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:27 am

The Planet of Scalia wrote:
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11/10527/Hover_Battle_Tank_AFF_by_ikarus_tm2.jpg

As cool as it looks (which is frankly, quite), twin gun battle tanks actually perform worse than single gun tanks. Also, hovertanks aren't that great a concept either.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:31 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:hovertanks aren't that great a concept either.

LIES!

Actually, what're the problems you see with them? I'm going to be doing a redesign of this thing at some point and could try and see if any of them could be addressed while I'm at it.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:33 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
The Planet of Scalia wrote:

As cool as it looks (which is frankly, quite), twin gun battle tanks actually perform worse than single gun tanks. Also, hovertanks aren't that great a concept either.

Indeed. Although hovertanks could be an interesting idea for amphibious operations in my opinion.
    Currently warring.
Military, including paramilitaries: uncounted; numerous warring factions (currently state of war)
Link to Tracker I-II-III-DERP!
Compass
Power comes only from the barrel of a gun - Mao Zedong
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DEFCON:
[0] Nuclear Armaggedon Inevitable, as well as Defend Reichland from Invasion!
Azrael wrote:Except that their entire appearance is a ruse!
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:You, I must admit, are a smart Commie. :clap:
Damanucus wrote:... better ones again.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:01 am

Ularn wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:hovertanks aren't that great a concept either.

LIES!

Actually, what're the problems you see with them? I'm going to be doing a redesign of this thing at some point and could try and see if any of them could be addressed while I'm at it.

Well, if a regular tank runs out of fuel, or takes a round to the engine, it just stops. If this runs out of fuel or takes a round to the engine, it crashes.
Plus, I don't think it would actually be that good at navigating rough ground unless it wasn't just hovering but physically flying, at which point it's no longer a tank but a ground attack aircraft.

The wheel and the track I think are actually too good to be replaced with hovering, partly because hovering is IMO a flawed concept.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:03 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Ularn wrote:LIES!

Well, if a regular tank runs out of fuel, or takes a round to the engine, it just stops. If this runs out of fuel or takes a round to the engine, it crashes.
Plus, I don't think it would actually be that good at navigating rough ground unless it wasn't just hovering but physically flying, at which point it's no longer a tank but a ground attack aircraft.

The wheel and the track I think are actually too good to be replaced with hovering, partly because hovering is IMO a flawed concept.

Nuclear powered.... hovertanks... /non-serious proposal
    Currently warring.
Military, including paramilitaries: uncounted; numerous warring factions (currently state of war)
Link to Tracker I-II-III-DERP!
Compass
Power comes only from the barrel of a gun - Mao Zedong
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DEFCON:
[0] Nuclear Armaggedon Inevitable, as well as Defend Reichland from Invasion!
Azrael wrote:Except that their entire appearance is a ruse!
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:You, I must admit, are a smart Commie. :clap:
Damanucus wrote:... better ones again.

Orussia
Minister

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Orussia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:06 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Does anyone have a clue why 14.5x114's accuracy "degrades rapidly at ranges in excess of 1000m"?

Honestly? No idea. I do have an idea, though, and I think that a loss of velocity causes the bullet to 'tumble' slightly, reducing the accuracy.
>Shrugs
That's just an opinion, though. No hard facts were involved in developing that.
RIP Rhoderberg
14/9/2013 - 15/8/2015
May your spirit live on in FALhalla.
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:His penetrator is MASSIVE!
Talon independent nation wrote:And so missiles did come unto man, and man did see it was good, and did smite down the land battleships of his foe with totally awesome explosions.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Ularn wrote:LIES!

Ah, so you just feel that there aren't enough advantages for it to be worthwhile. I was wondering if there were perhaps any recurring mechanical/tactical issues with them or something that keep cropping up in artwork by people who don't understand tanks, but if I'm making a grav tank (and I am) then there's not much I can do about the problems you describe.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:20 am

Yeah, I'm taking a logical view of the possible problems. However, unless your nation's universe has literal anti-gravity technology, the only way of getting that vertical propulsion would be from a physical jet engine, or some type of engine powered directly by one of those mini-reactors they've got waiting for licencing.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Annez
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Annez » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:21 am

The Annezian Defense Force uses the Merkerva Mk. IV and is developing the Merkerva Mk. V, currently.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:29 am

I added hovering capability to an otherwise normal tank; hovering usually has the advantage of allowing much greater speeds without the problems of track wear that normally occur in vehicles. Yes, sci-fi could just as easily invent handwavium materials that have much greater durability and lower wear, but low-level flight will still likely be faster. My tank still has treads though, which are more commonly used in battle since they help anchor it when firing and being fired upon.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:36 am

The Akasha Colony wrote:I added hovering capability to an otherwise normal tank; hovering usually has the advantage of allowing much greater speeds without the problems of track wear that normally occur in vehicles. Yes, sci-fi could just as easily invent handwavium materials that have much greater durability and lower wear, but low-level flight will still likely be faster. My tank still has treads though, which are more commonly used in battle since they help anchor it when firing and being fired upon.

Well, aside from being a vulnerable and difficult-to-manoeuvre hovercraft, the only other sensible option is 'ground effect' flight, a la ekranoplan. However, ekranoplans are just as if not more difficult to manoeuvre than a hovercraft, and require their terrain to be flat - therefore being relegated to waterborne travel.

But by the time we arrive at a suitable method for low-level flight, we've probably arrived at full flight capability, a la Futurama ships. Capacity to hover, and to fly. I designed a tank like this, it had eight massive thrusters to hover, and two even bigger ones for actual motion.
Call me Para.
^ trufax

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Yeah, I'm taking a logical view of the possible problems. However, unless your nation's universe has literal anti-gravity technology, the only way of getting that vertical propulsion would be from a physical jet engine, or some type of engine powered directly by one of those mini-reactors they've got waiting for licencing.

We do have antigrav. It's pretty much the only major handwavium I allowed myself when deciding my techbase and I spent a good while thinking about all the things we could use it for apart from making tanks float and keeping crew stuck the the floor of their starship. As an example, a lot of my airborne vehicles have gravitic ramjets, which use antigrav to compress the air and then expel it out the rear of the tank.

The Akasha Colony wrote:I added hovering capability to an otherwise normal tank; hovering usually has the advantage of allowing much greater speeds without the problems of track wear that normally occur in vehicles. Yes, sci-fi could just as easily invent handwavium materials that have much greater durability and lower wear, but low-level flight will still likely be faster. My tank still has treads though, which are more commonly used in battle since they help anchor it when firing and being fired upon.

That is one big advantage of a grav tank; since you're not limited by the friction of tracks and roads and whatnot you can move and manoeuvre much more easily. A grav tank can strafe without repositioning the hull and if you stick some jet engines on it like I did then you can probably get some pretty impressive top speeds.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information