NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Tank [Part 2]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Denica
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Denica » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:15 am

200 plus ton MBTs are the Heavy on NS? How is that even practical? I mean, I'm all for ridiculously awesome tanks but... how would you even maneuver something that big. Seems like it would be more of a mobile fort than a tank at that point.
If I say something that offends you, I'm probably joking and you should calm down. I'm not quite as big a jerk as I seem.

Southern United Africa
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern United Africa » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:50 am

OOC: Repost because I felt like it. :p

The Dianic Republic of South Africa uses the Olifant Mk1A/B and Mk2 tank. Efforts have been made to reopen the line, so as to replace heavy losses sustained during the MDISC invasion of Southern United Africa. Many Olifants (as well as other vehicles) were destroyed during that war, mostly by ATGMs and by Coalition tanks such as the Abrams, among other things.

Below is an Olifant Mk1A of the Southern United African Army (SUAA) under the Alexis Dempsey regime. It belonged to the now-defunct Orania Mounted Rifles, an overworked Dempsey-era reserve armored unit. This example features add-on armor (which was mostly useless and primarily for show) with bristles underneath, a rocket box launcher (spare rockets are visible in the cloth sling), sandbags, and an enthusiastic banner proclaiming "Gaborone is ours!" in Afrikaans. For background, after the Dempsey regime took power they went around annexing gerrymandered portions of all their neighbors except for Zimbabwe. Lesotho and Swaziland were swallowed whole, while others were only partially annexed. The tank depicted below was stationed in Gaborone, Botswana in early November 2009, still wearing it's victory banner.

OOC: Yes, those are sandbags strapped to the end of the main gun.
Last edited by Southern United Africa on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
NOTE: This nation is NO LONGER called Southern United Africa as of May 2010. It is now known as the Federal Republic of South Africa.
Resident Black Amateur Nymphotechnician

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 pm

The Holy Covenant Empire wrote:(Image) What do you guys think of the prototype Plasma Cannon for our new Tank?

Looks great

though I have only one question,does it shoot a bolt a plasma in a straight line or does it work like the plasma mortar on the older Wraith tank/mortar carriers?
Right behind you...: UDL

Licana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 pm

The Holy Covenant Empire wrote:(Image) What do you guys think of the prototype Plasma Cannon for our new Tank?

Plasma...tank...in atmosphere...lawl.
>American education
[19:21] <Lubyak> I want to go and wank all over him.
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Does,'t look like a tank gun.

Also, what is the penetration of a roankep?
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Licana wrote:

Licana.. a... brony...lawl.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Minnysota wrote:
Licana wrote:Plasma...tank...in atmosphere...lawl.

This was pretty much my first reaction to it as well. :/

Also, dwi.
>American education
Puzikas wrote:Gulf War One was like Slapstick: The War. Except, you know, up to 40,000 people died.

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Never in all my years have I seen someone actually quote the dictionary and still get the definition wrong.

Husseinarti wrote:
Vitaphone Racing wrote:Do lets. I really want to hear another explanation about dirty vaginas keeping women out of combat, despite the vagina being a self-cleaning organ.

So was the M-16.

Senestrum wrote:How are KEPs cowardly? Surely the "real man" would in fact be the one firing giant rods of nuclear waste at speeds best described as "hilarious".

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:37 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:

Through an Abrams gun mantlet and out the ammunition bustle.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Licana wrote:
Minnysota wrote:

This was pretty much my first reaction to it as well. :/

Also, dwi.

My little pony is overrated DWI

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Licana wrote:This was pretty much my first reaction to it as well. :/

Also, dwi.

My little pony is overrated DWI

lawl probably.

Don't see what it has to do with tanks, though.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Holy Covenant Empire
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Covenant Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Bajireyn wrote:

Looks great

though I have only one question,does it shoot a bolt a plasma in a straight line or does it work like the plasma mortar on the older Wraith tank/mortar carriers?

Similar to a Wraiths system.

Licana wrote:

First, it is a cannon, which is why I said cannon.

Secondly, it is on a hover tank, so yes the tank is off the air a bit.

it is holding a plasma chamber, Plasma battery and a "squeeze system"
of course it is going to look different from a modern tank.
Population: 100,000,000,000,580,100,200,819,000,000,000
Humans
Sangheili
Sellicona
"Poleepkwa"
Salarian
Kig-Yar
Valkheran
Artarnican
Jiralhanae
Turian
Aegi
Kaleesh
Allisan
Yautja
Elcor
Hork-Bajir
Karari
Teg-Turn
Unggoy
Yanme'e
Huragok
Hanar
Krogan
Quarian
Wookie
Triceraton
Artificial Intelligence
Lekgolo (Mgalekgolo)

The Holy Covenant Empire Factbook
Please note, I only play Nation states for a few things, and I only like a few people here because their cool (like Segmentia and Imeriata, anyone else I either Hate or don't care for. Sorry, I speakith the truith.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

The Holy Covenant Empire wrote:
Licana wrote:Plasma...tank...in atmosphere...lawl.

First, it is a cannon, which is why I said cannon.

You completely misunderstand, the problem is you're using plasma as a weapon...in atmosphere. The only application it would be good for, in my understanding, is as some sort of ridiculous FT flamethrower.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Holy Covenant Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Covenant Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Licana wrote:
The Holy Covenant Empire wrote:First, it is a cannon, which is why I said cannon.

You completely misunderstand, the problem is you're using plasma as a weapon...in atmosphere. The only application it would be good for, in my understanding, is as some sort of ridiculous FT flamethrower.

Wrong, that would be the case, but several researched technologies help create a heated hot gas that is usually colored due to the surrounding atmosphere. This gas is usually hot enough to burn and kill it's targets, plasma tanks are meant to dis burst units in particular, while the standard tank would be used for anti armor and siege (sieging is very common now apparently.
Humans
Sangheili
Sellicona
"Poleepkwa"
Salarian
Kig-Yar
Valkheran
Artarnican
Jiralhanae
Turian
Aegi
Kaleesh
Allisan
Yautja
Elcor
Hork-Bajir
Karari
Teg-Turn
Unggoy
Yanme'e
Huragok
Hanar
Krogan
Quarian
Wookie
Triceraton
Artificial Intelligence
Lekgolo (Mgalekgolo)

Please note, I only play Nation states for a few things, and I only like a few people here because their cool (like Segmentia and Imeriata, anyone else I either Hate or don't care for. Sorry, I speakith the truith.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Licana wrote:You completely misunderstand, the problem is you're using plasma as a weapon...in atmosphere. The only application it would be good for, in my understanding, is as some sort of ridiculous FT flamethrower.

Wrong, that would be the case, but several researched technologies help create a heated hot gas that is usually colored due to the surrounding atmosphere. This gas is usually hot enough to burn and kill it's targets, plasma tanks are meant to dis burst units in particular, while the standard tank would be used for anti armor and siege (sieging is very common now apparently.

lawl, just lawl.
Last edited by Licana on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Holy Covenant Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Covenant Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Licana wrote:
The Holy Covenant Empire wrote:Wrong, that would be the case, but several researched technologies help create a heated hot gas that is usually colored due to the surrounding atmosphere. This gas is usually hot enough to burn and kill it's targets, plasma tanks are meant to dis burst units in particular, while the standard tank would be used for anti armor and siege (sieging is very common now apparently.

lawl, just lawl.

I can give you more information, unless you want to go back and stop spamming?

Now anyways Does anyone have a suggestion for ammunition for my standard MBT?
Humans
Sangheili
Sellicona
"Poleepkwa"
Salarian
Kig-Yar
Valkheran
Artarnican
Jiralhanae
Turian
Aegi
Kaleesh
Allisan
Yautja
Elcor
Hork-Bajir
Karari
Teg-Turn
Unggoy
Yanme'e
Huragok
Hanar
Krogan
Quarian
Wookie
Triceraton
Artificial Intelligence
Lekgolo (Mgalekgolo)

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Anyway, I am coming up with a HEAT equivalent to the RoanKEP, Super HEAT, pretty much it is a regular HEAT that uses molybdenum in place of copper and has 3 charges, a precursor, a main charge, and a followup charge (due to the speed a shape charge travels I only need to delay the charges going off by about 0.001 seconds to keep them from disrupting each other). I estimate almost three meters penetration with the absence of ERA.

140mm Super HEAT

70mm Molybdenum Cone +700mm
135mm Moltbdenum Cone +1350mm
70mm Molybdenum Cone +700mm

Total Penetration: 2750mm RHAe

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Licana wrote:lawl, just lawl.

You are FT right? Why is this even a question, use anti-matter KEPs, an arrow like penetrator with a hollowed out vacuum with some anti-matter suspended in the core. When you hit a target the shell cracks, air floods into the vacuum and the anti-matter explodes. Or just use lulzy long KEPs since you don't have to worry about propellant and fire them from rail guns. Also short of unobtanium you can use almost anything and oneshot any FT tank since the scale slides so far in favor of the weapons instead of the armour.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Licana wrote:lawl, just lawl.

How does it hold itself together, what magic stops it from simply dispersing into the atmosphere?

Use a lulzy dense KEP fired from a railgun. Use anything other than plasma.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Licana wrote:
The Holy Covenant Empire wrote:I can give you more information, unless you want to go back and stop spamming?

How does it hold itself together, what magic stops it from simply dispersing into the atmosphere?

Anti-matter explosive HEAT. Do it.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Licana wrote:How does it hold itself together, what magic stops it from simply dispersing into the atmosphere?

Anti-matter explosive HEAT. Do it.

Wouldn't even need to be HEAT, just straight HE.

Although, tank crews would have to have some srs balls. Scratch that, everyone involved with the manufacture of the rounds would have to.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Holy Covenant Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Covenant Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Licana wrote:
The Holy Covenant Empire wrote:I can give you more information, unless you want to go back and stop spamming?

KRD (kinetic Render Device) helps it stabilize into a certain mass like if it was a solid, however it is weak compared to the Plasma, so the Plasma can only stay so close, to keep it in line we have Condensers, these devices work on universal activity surrounding the battery, when plasma is released it keeps it together.

OOC: Still working on it.
Humans
Sangheili
Sellicona
"Poleepkwa"
Salarian
Kig-Yar
Valkheran
Artarnican
Jiralhanae
Turian
Aegi
Kaleesh
Allisan
Yautja
Elcor
Hork-Bajir
Karari
Teg-Turn
Unggoy
Yanme'e
Huragok
Hanar
Krogan
Quarian
Wookie
Triceraton
Artificial Intelligence
Lekgolo (Mgalekgolo)

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Licana wrote:How does it hold itself together, what magic stops it from simply dispersing into the atmosphere?

KRD (kinetic Render Device) helps it stabilize into a certain mass like if it was a solid, however it is weak compared to the Plasma, so the Plasma can only stay so close, to keep it in line we have Condensers, these devices work on universal activity surrounding the battery, when plasma is released it keeps it together.

KRD = something that the Plasma is attracted to as it travels through the air?

This works how?
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Licana wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Anti-matter explosive HEAT. Do it.

Wouldn't even need to be HEAT, just straight HE.

Although, tank crews would have to have some srs balls. Scratch that, everyone involved with the manufacture of the rounds would have to.

No one ever said that you needed a lot of anti-matter. Just enough to kill every tank within 500 meters.

Licana
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Licana » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Licana wrote:Wouldn't even need to be HEAT, just straight HE.

No one ever said that you needed a lot of anti-matter. Just enough to kill every tank within 500 meters.

Tank crews have to carry several of these shells. God help the poor soul (or robot soul) who fucks something up on the production line. etc.

That may not be a lot of antimatter, but that's a lot of boom.
>American education

Husseinarti wrote:

So was the M-16.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Licana wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:No one ever said that you needed a lot of anti-matter. Just enough to kill every tank within 500 meters.

Tank crews have to carry several of these shells. God help the poor soul (or robot soul) who fucks something up on the production line. etc.

That may not be a lot of antimatter, but that's a lot of boom.

If they fuck up they deserve to die. Also, i am starting to type enter instead of pressing the enter key. It is odd.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information