NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Main Battle Mech (No Tanks)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:GAH! Kill it with fire! Lots of fire.

Hey that is the closest thing to a practical mech IRL.

But it's frreeeaaaakyyyy....
Unreachable.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Hey that is the closest thing to a practical mech IRL.

Oh yes, it is bloody terrifying. I have considered using them as assault troops, giving them sentry guns on their backs and using a smoke screen as they advance.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Nekoland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekoland » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Hey that is the closest thing to a practical mech IRL.

Seconded...

Bionui
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bionui » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Type 33 MBM

Type 77 Kardas TCV

Type 01 Little Iron Wolf IS AIM

Type 66 TLRIM

All are being in construction.
Last edited by Bionui on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Factbooks and Information will take place 30 years into the future from my International Incidents RPing. The dates the information will be in is at 2015 which is All RPing and 2035 which is the future and has not been taken to so it will only be used a few times before I get to the actual part of my story.

In Character refer to me as the Federated States or The Federated Koros of Mata Nui.
Tahu Nuva says have a heartwarming Christmas and a happy new year

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Bionui wrote:(Image)
Type 33 MBM

(Image)
Type 77 Kardas TCV

(Image)
Type 01 Little Iron Wolf IS AIM

(Image)
Type 66 TLRIM

All are being in construction.

NOW I RECOGNIZE YOUR FLAG!!
Unreachable.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:43 am

Ularn wrote:
Risen Britannia wrote:i would go for batteries, as im not sure that a fission/fusion reactor would enjoy being flung around a battlefield

PS: (i am happy you when for a "realistic" battery life)

You're right; batteries make more sense, especially since a similar but smaller version (about the size of a 1l bottle) already gets used in my marines' regular power armour. It lasts longer - up to about a day, but it also powers their antigrav parachutes on combat drops. After slowing the marine from terminal velocity to something approximating a safe landing speed the battery's nearly drained and usually has to be replaced as soon as the marine can find decent cover. The ones in a Heinlein suit would be about three shoeboxes big but last a lot shorter because the suit drains more power and is constantly bouncing around on an antigrav-based jumpjet.

I suggest that that if you go into any details then this should be a "battery" as in some sort of high-tech 'super-capacitor' or similar primarily Physics-based concept (maybe, just as an idea, with its description including technobable about room-temperature superconductors?) rather than an actual electrochemical cell like the ones for which we use the term 'battery' today, because [1] electrochemical batteries actually have lower energy-densities than the best chemical fuels and [2] something like a capacitor would be better than a chemical cell for producing the sudden bursts of increased power that you'd need both for the "jumps" and for firing directed-energy weapons.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:47 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Ularn wrote:You're right; batteries make more sense, especially since a similar but smaller version (about the size of a 1l bottle) already gets used in my marines' regular power armour. It lasts longer - up to about a day, but it also powers their antigrav parachutes on combat drops. After slowing the marine from terminal velocity to something approximating a safe landing speed the battery's nearly drained and usually has to be replaced as soon as the marine can find decent cover. The ones in a Heinlein suit would be about three shoeboxes big but last a lot shorter because the suit drains more power and is constantly bouncing around on an antigrav-based jumpjet.

I suggest that that if you go into any details then this should be a "battery" as in some sort of high-tech 'super-capacitor' or similar primarily Physics-based concept (maybe, just as an idea, with its description including technobable about room-temperature superconductors?) rather than an actual electrochemical cell like the ones for which we use the term 'battery' today, because [1] electrochemical batteries actually have lower energy-densities than the best chemical fuels and [2] something like a capacitor would be better than a chemical cell for producing the sudden bursts of increased power that you'd need both for the "jumps" and for firing directed-energy weapons.

All my infantry weapons are kinetic-based so the directed energy thing's not such a big deal. What's the best way to get most energy density by volume in a capacitor; one big one or lots of little ones?
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:52 am

Ularn wrote:What's the best way to get most energy density by volume in a capacitor; one big one or lots of little ones?

Sorry, I'm a zoologist by main education (and quite widely read in other aspects of the biological sciences, too) who works with chemicals, but you need a physicist or an electrical engineer to answer that question...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Ularn wrote:What's the best way to get most energy density by volume in a capacitor; one big one or lots of little ones?

Sorry, I'm a zoologist by main education (and quite widely read in other aspects of the biological sciences, too) who works with chemicals, but you need a physicist or an electrical engineer to answer that question...

Bugger. For a minute there it sounded like you knew something useful! :p
Last edited by Ularn on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:10 am

RAVEN-RVN-3L Light Battlemech

Technical specifications
Weight: 35 tons.
Cost: 6,500,000 Credits.
Chassis: Hellespont Type R-AE
Armor: Hellespont Lite FF-AE
Engine: Hermes 210 XL Series (Fusion Engine)
Communication System: Ceres Metals Model 666 w/Guardian ECM Suit
Speed 97 km/h
Jump Jets: None.
Crew: One Dragonkinian Operator.
Armament:
2x Medium Lasers
1x SRM-6 Short Range Rocket Launcher

Support Systems:
1x Narc Missile Beacon
Target Acquisition Gear
Guardian ECM Suite

Pieced together another Battlemech for my own use,
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Ibis Galaxy Alliance
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ibis Galaxy Alliance » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:17 am

Corsair medium assault mech. Armed with 3 20mm autocannons and 4 rocket tubes.

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 am

"Ravager" Medium Assault Mech.
50 tons of pure badass.
Can go up to 35 mph. for 120 hours nonstop.
Armaments and Equipment:
Missile pods
Anit-personnel shell cannon (basically a giant shotgun)
Gauss rifle
Head-mounted anti-missile laser system
Jump jets
Sensory array
Heat-resistant, shock-absorbent armor.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:41 pm

What roles would mechs fill in an army?
Right behind you...: UDL

Nekoland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekoland » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Bajireyn wrote:What roles would mechs fill in an army?

MBT Replacement,Armored Infantry,Rough Terrain Vehicle,Shock and Awe Weapon?

Syleru
Minister

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm

This is our standard mech...

This is the concept art of the actual mech.

Which replaces around one hundred standard tanks (defining standard tank by one equivalent to an M1 Abrams)

The beast costs a high $3 000 000 000 ($3 Billion) to build and outfit with weaponry and is considered experimental, but can wreak havoc in combat and can effectively engage land, air and naval units.

It is heavily armed and armored and is living hell to eliminate, requiring perfect teamwork and resources to do so, and despite being large and bulky this spider can travel up to 70mph in short bursts and maintains an average of 40mph while walking and 22mph while climbing hills or traversing bumpy and difficult land.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4
Tarvelia wrote:Environazis.

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.
★ PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-COMMUNISM ALLIACE
Syleruian Information Links / Syleruian Carbon Output Index (Closed for now)

Expect me to edit my posts 3-4 times after I post them, I'm picky like that.

Marisa
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marisa » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Syleru wrote:This is our standard mech...

(Image)

Which replaces around one hundred standard tanks (defining standard tank by one equivalent to an M1 Abrams)

The beast costs a high $3 000 000 000 ($3 Billion) to build and outfit with weaponry and is considered experimental, but can wreak havoc in combat and can effectively engage land, air and naval units.

It is heavily armed and armored and is living hell to eliminate, requiring perfect teamwork and resources to do so, and despite being large and bulky this spider can travel up to 70mph in short bursts and maintains an average of 40mph while walking and 22mph while climbing hills or traversing bumpy and difficult land.

Can this like...Swim to engage naval forces?Or does it have the range to do so without it?

Also I think this is as expensive as an aircraft carrier >_>

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Marisa wrote:

(Image)

Can this like...Swim to engage naval forces?Or does it have the range to do so without it?

Also I think this is as expensive as an aircraft carrier >_>

1. It has the range

2. That is the point of experimental. You need to develop a more economically efficient variation and one without the glitches an bugs. It also uses quite a bit of technology to travel that fast.

P.S. In a 1v1 battle between an aircraft carrier full of bombers and fighters, the SMV11 Black Widow would emerge victorious due to superior cannons and AA defenses, and the hard armored shell.

>_>
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The only policies in my nation that I agree with are it's religious freedom and environmental sanctity policies. Do not think that I'm an anti-LGBT, dystopian repressive isolationist fascist and what have you mastermind trying to mask a greater goal under hordes of advertisements, propaganda and policing.
In short, my nation is a highly policed strict, seemingly utopian autocracy with an almost religious environmental fetish.

Marisa
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marisa » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Syleru wrote:-le snip eh?-

How big is that thing?Because I'm imaging it the size of a Think Tank over here.

Syleru
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Syleru » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Marisa wrote:
Syleru wrote:-le snip eh?-

How big is that thing?Because I'm imaging it the size of a Think Tank over here.

About the size of a Landcreuzer P. 1000

Looky looky

Slightly taller however and more heavily armed.
Last edited by Syleru on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syleruian Settlements
Environmental Policies
Security Policies
Military Policies

1 एn = $1.4

The Seven Realms
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Realms » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Syleru wrote:
Marisa wrote:

About the size of a Landcreuzer P. 1000

Looky looky

Slightly taller however and more heavily armed.

Ahhhh now it makes more sense.I thought it was smaller from the pic(This is the same guy I've just been cycling through puppets,and laziness strikes often...)
The Seven Commonwealth Realms of Alestria

DEFCON: [1] 2 3 4 5|Homefront
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
PSICOM Alertness:[1] 2 3|Tier 1 Emergency
Love Dog wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:
tank crew wearing skirts? you know the gunner sits between the commanders legs right? :oops:

That's just plain epic.

Flag is accurate
I'm an F-14
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.38

I can be pretty authoritarian if I put my mind to it, apparently.

Lanfang Republic (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanfang Republic (Ancient) » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:21 am

Designation: "LM-1 Quadstrike"
Manufacturer: Lanfang Auto Corporation
Designer: Professor Jian Yuhai
Designed: February 2042 to November 2042

Length: 20 meters
Width: 15 meters
Height: 15 meters
Weight: 200 tons

Built: 2 mechs
Cost: 5,000,000,000 NSD
Base: Fenlong Vehicle Base
Armor: Incremental

Armaments:
- 2 x Artillery Cannons (50 km maximum firing range)
- 4 x Machine Guns (10 km maximum firing range)
- 8 x Rocket Pods (250 km maximum firing range)

Equipments:
- Radar jammer
- Data intruder

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:44 am

(Image)

Nuclear land-mines at strategic locations. Even if they don't actually kill it the blast wil probably throw it over onto its side or back...

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

The "Zeras-M1 Crusader" infantry support mech. while not too tall compared to the average person, that's exactly as it was planned to made, since the role was to (as almost all weapons here) support the infantry in any move they needed. while not strong as a huge battle tank, it can decisively determine certain battles where a higher amount of power is needed to advance. it can withstand 40 - 50mm auto-cannon rounds depending on the velocity, although heat rounds are more likely to do damage then sabots will. the cannon it uses is a 60mm HE shell launcher, which is to destroy fortifications and soft skins ( or scales and whatnot ), but not tanks. however if there is the prospect of having to engage a tank, the mech can use it's speed and agility to get close to a tank and fire it's own gun into the tank's barrel. if the tank is still a threat after "dis-arming" it, the driver can use the all useful suicide tactic by going on top of a tank and self destructing, causing shrapnel and crap to pew pew down to the tankers below.

while the prototype is still in the prototype stage, we've actually mass produced these machines to test them out in the battlefield. what better way to see if something works by using it there and then. and if it doesn't work that's fine, these things were expendable as any "zaku-II" mobile suit in the gundam series...

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:-snip-

Where does the pilot sit in that thing? With the longer limbs the mech and pilot will be bending in different places and that's going to lead to broken bones.

Also, trying to rush a tank and fire at it's main gun is a silly idea, as it self-destructing to kill it with shrapnel. Tank armour can withstand blasts from a shaped charge; it can definitely take the force of a mech exploding on top of it. A better plan is to give it hands so it can use conventional infantry weapons as well, like a rocket launcher. Alternatively, give it the option of different weapon loadouts besides the 60mm cannon. You could have arms with heavy machine guns or rocket launchers as well that can be swapped out to equip the mech according to a particular mission.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Ularn wrote:
Cyprum Xecuii wrote:-snip-

Where does the pilot sit in that thing? With the longer limbs the mech and pilot will be bending in different places and that's going to lead to broken bones.

Also, trying to rush a tank and fire at it's main gun is a silly idea, as it self-destructing to kill it with shrapnel. Tank armour can withstand blasts from a shaped charge; it can definitely take the force of a mech exploding on top of it. A better plan is to give it hands so it can use conventional infantry weapons as well, like a rocket launcher. Alternatively, give it the option of different weapon loadouts besides the 60mm cannon. You could have arms with heavy machine guns or rocket launchers as well that can be swapped out to equip the mech according to a particular mission.

Tis a more likely a robot accidentally to say. as for the top of a tank, i doubt it can withstand that, i mean if a device like that could get on top of the tank, it can surely fire at point blank range into the hatch, killing those inside. a rocket launcher would work, but I'm still figuring out ways to keep the recoil at a good amount. besides these are just mass produced prototypes ( more like the zaku-1 perhaps ), i don't expect these to do much, but if they work, hell I'll use them until i create a better one. As for the top exploding once again and shooting the main gun, the mean weak spot is the hatch (or other outside components), the 60mm can easily break that at a 90 degree angle, point blank shot, and if you shoot the main gun and it doesn't work, i doubt it will be a threat unless it decides to run people over. and self destructing, despite whether it doesn't harm the crew or tank itself, is a great last resort rather then having it uselessly lie as a hulk of metal waiting to be retrieved and scrapped.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information