NATION

PASSWORD

The One-Stop Shop to Yohannes

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Sungai Pusat

Postby Yohannes » Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:Where do the people of Yohannes see themselves being at after a century has passed?

I wouldn't know... in all honesty Pusat. :p

New developments, innovation and technologies are accelerating at a pace unheard of even as we speak IRL.. so if I apply that to MT Yohannes (same year as 2000-2005 IRL).. my prediction would most probably be proven wrong by the future generations. The current version of roleplayed Yohannes is pretty much depended on its dairy farming and finance & banking industries.. so I would assume that both of these industries would be the epicentre of successive future governments' (of both moderate centre-left and centre-right) diplomatic and economic policies.

The future is not bright, however, for various Yohannesian universities and public research institutes in general. Our nation doesn't have the attractive quality of being a large nation (and thus have more economies of scale advantage and more exposure) because we are fairly small... and relatively far removed from international happenings. The Kingdom of Yohannes is the type of nation that will most probably be one of the last to adopt almost every single new innovated products/services and things out there (with the exception of things related to finance & banking and dairy farming).

We are a peripheral nation with vast diplomatic networks (of friendly nature) with other more important nations out there. And that also is one of the reason why you will see us hiring many foreign residents in some of our tertiary institutions (we require their presence for their international experience, knowledge and skills) and organisations. However, and at the same time, that does not mean that we regard ourself as inferior to other nations. We simply realise our geographical as well as population limitation, and thus react accordingly to our largely unfavourable situation.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Tue May 13, 2014 4:03 am

Yohannes wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:Where do the people of Yohannes see themselves being at after a century has passed?

I wouldn't know... in all honesty Pusat. :p

I know, dammit! :P

New developments, innovation and technologies are accelerating at a pace unheard of even as we speak IRL.. so if I apply that to MT Yohannes (same year as 2000-2005 IRL).. my prediction would most probably be proven wrong by the future generations. The current version of roleplayed Yohannes is pretty much depended on its dairy farming and finance & banking industries.. so I would assume that both of these industries would be the epicentre of successive future governments' (of both moderate centre-left and centre-right) diplomatic and economic policies.

The future is not bright, however, for various Yohannesian universities and public research institutes in general. Our nation doesn't have the attractive quality of being a large nation (and thus have more economies of scale advantage and more exposure) because we are fairly small... and relatively far removed from international happenings. The Kingdom of Yohannes is the type of nation that will most probably be one of the last to adopt almost every single new innovated products/services and things out there (with the exception of things related to finance & banking and dairy farming).

We are a peripheral nation with vast diplomatic networks (of friendly nature) with other more important nations out there. And that also is one of the reason why you will see us hiring many foreign residents in some of our tertiary institutions (we require their presence for their international experience, knowledge and skills) and organisations. However, and at the same time, that does not mean that we regard ourself as inferior to other nations. We simply realise our geographical as well as population limitation, and thus react accordingly to our largely unfavourable situation.

Noted then.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Lykosia
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykosia » Tue May 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Now you come back Yohannes, do all the racism still exist? Though the most important thing is you didn't reborn as a slaver :p

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Lykosia

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 pm

Lykosia wrote:Now you come back Yohannes, do all the racism still exist? Though the most important thing is you didn't reborn as a slaver :p

No, I have not roleplayed things like that since 1-2 years ago. :p
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information