NATION

PASSWORD

The One-Stop Shop to Yohannes

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:30 am

Kylarnatia wrote:I'm loving this factbook. It's well written, though the information isn't outstretched, if you get what I mean.

Thank you! :lol:

Kylarnatia wrote:What is the overall opinion of the Yohannesian Commonwealth on the Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae, if there are any opinions?

In-Character wise, His Yohannesian Majesty's Government fully acknowledge the national, jurisdictional and territorial sovereignty of the Kylarnatian Imperial Government. The Yohannesian Crown also do simultaneously fully acknowledge, In-Character wise, Kylarnatia's colonial sovereignties over its far-flung territories in Sondria. Kylarnatia is classified as "Honorary White" in sovereign status by that of the Foreign & Trade Office of HM Government.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:I'm loving this factbook. It's well written, though the information isn't outstretched, if you get what I mean.

Thank you! :lol:

Kylarnatia wrote:What is the overall opinion of the Yohannesian Commonwealth on the Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae, if there are any opinions?

In-Character wise, His Yohannesian Majesty's Government fully acknowledge the national, jurisdictional and territorial sovereignty of the Kylarnatian Imperial Government. The Yohannesian Crown also do simultaneously fully acknowledge, In-Character wise, Kylarnatia's colonial sovereignties over its far-flung territories in Sondria. Kylarnatia is classified as "Honorary White" in sovereign status by that of the Foreign & Trade Office of HM Government.

And if I may ask, what is the definition of 'Honorary White' by the Foreign & Trade Office of HM Government?
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:20 pm

In-Character wise, entities and people of non-white origins classified by the ministerial agency within the "Honorary white" rank are given the equal, absolutely sacrosant privilege of a proper Yohannesian white gentleman and gentlelady.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Trivval
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Didn't answer my question :/

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:09 am

Trivval wrote:The majority of Trivvalians are ethnically Lander who's skin color is 'black'. How would the Yohannesian Commonwealth to this, and in what way would this effect international economic and political relations?

Also what is the Commonwealth's view on the Basilica of Greater Science?

You know the answer to the first question, Trivv. :p

However, I am not sure of the second one... What is the Basilica of Greater Science..?

Konilid
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Konilid » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 am

Great thread, + I love your storefronts.

Opinions on the Celtic Union?

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:26 pm

I got a couple of questions!

• What are the local views or criticisms of VMK AG and their sale of weapons?
  • What are their views of the Empire of Wolfenium and Astol in general?
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Konilid wrote:Great thread, + I love your storefronts.

Konilid wrote:Opinions on the Celtic Union?

The Commonwealth of the nineteen Yohannesian countries maintain a positive diplomatic view towards that of the Celtic Union, with a future Celtic-Yohannesian agreement regarding the establishment of sister-cities relationship and inter-governmental sponsored educational exchange as more than a possibility.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:24 am

Wolfenium wrote:I got a couple of questions!

• What are the local views or criticisms of VMK AG and their sale of weapons?
  • What are their views of the Empire of Wolfenium and Astol in general?

Hey Wolfenium!

1.) Local Yohannesians (living within the vicinity of VMK factories and manufacturing assemblies) dislike the company. They view the industrial giant as holding an unhealthy influence within the higher circles of the Yohannesian politicians and politics within the nation, with some speculating that the present Yohannesian Prime Minister is simply a frontline puppet of industrial giants within the nation, such as VMK.

The common (middle and working class) Yohannesians even more despise the irsurmountable and untold of bloodshed and misery which VMK's annual exported main battle tanks and vehicles has inflicted upon multiple innocent civilians overseas, with many of the company's trademark, that of the Panthera Tigris, reportedly crushing multiple peaceful demonstrators throughout overt dictatorial regimes and nations internationally

2.) Common Yohannesians tend to not know any subtantial information regarding Wolfenium and Astol, due to its location far far away from Gholgoth. However, bureaucrats and foreign relations officers do know factual information and knowledge of Wolfenium and Astol. Generally, opinion of Wolfenium is that of a favourable one, with many approving of Wolfenium's similar culture to that of Yohannesian culture.

-West
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -West » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:01 am

Ah yes, what are Yohannes' major stock indices?

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:57 am

One country I admire indeed XD.

What does His Majesty's Government and indeed the people of the Yohannes Commonwealth think about the Grand Meritocratic Imperial Commonwealth of Celritannia?

EDIT:

Also, what role does the Monarchy have in Government and/or the State?
Last edited by Celritannia on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 pm

-West wrote:Ah yes, what are Yohannes' major stock indices?

The most internationally notable and largest stock index from within Yohannes is that of the Ardenfontein 377; an index of the Yohannesische Börse AG [YAX], arguably one of the largest stock market in the world.

The three largest agglomerated trading entities within Yohannes are all listed within the aforesaid index; That of Yohannesische Bundesbank, VMK Aktiengesellschaft, Royal Beaufort Shipwrights Guild
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Very nice factbook Yohannes, your doing New Zealand proud :P

Also, what is The Yohannesian Commonwealths opinion of Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor?
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:02 pm

1.) What is the Yohannesian opinion of the Free Republic of Lamoni?
2.) How would the whites react to a massive organized rebellion by the black and colored populations?
3.) How do you think that both Lamoni and Yohannes are doing in our respective version of "The Great Game?"
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Lykosia
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykosia » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:39 am

I have three questions for you! ^__^

1) What is your opinion about the Unitary Republic of Lykosia?

2) I have noticed that discrimination towards the Black Yohannesian is exists (CMIIW, though). Then how the Yohannesians treat sentient ponies in their nation? Are they treated properly by the government and the other Yohannesians without discrimination or otherwise? In short, is speciesism also exists?

3) Connected to the previous questions, what is your (IC) thoughts on pony/ponyist nations and the Coalition of Ponyist States?

And reply quickly D:<
Last edited by Lykosia on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Celritannia wrote:One country I admire indeed XD.

What does His Majesty's Government and indeed the people of the Yohannes Commonwealth think about the Grand Meritocratic Imperial Commonwealth of Celritannia?

EDIT:

Also, what role does the Monarchy have in Government and/or the State?

His Majesty's Government hold a positive view towards the Grand Meritocratic Imperial Commonwealth of Celritannia, its people and represented government. The Yohannesian Crown believe that an extension of friendly hand towards overseas foreign monarchical nations would indeed be in its own interest, eventually.

His Majesty's Government is led by His Majesty Aurel III The King of Yohannes in his capacity as the head of state of the government, and sovereign monarch of the Commonwealth of the nineteen Yohannesian countries. The High Minister (the equivalent of Prime Minister in western nations) is appointed by the monarch of Yohannes, once every 4 years.

The High Minister will then appoint his cabinet members. The Council of Lords/Lords' Council is the ultimate authority within the Commonwealth of the nineteen Yohannesian countries. The Lords' Council is led by 18 superceding monarchs, kings and queens, grand dukes and princes, of the 19 Yohannesian countries. Together, they act as the sole trace of parliament within the island commonwealth, appoint a reigning monarch of one of the nineteen Yohannesian countries to become the Monarch of Yohannes, and override the authority of His Majesty's Government, with consultation towards that of the Monarch of Yohannes and public referendum with the people.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 am

Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:Very nice factbook Yohannes, your doing New Zealand proud :P

Cheers Onekawa :p

Well, In-Character wise governmental opinion would be relatively positive. No official recognition yet, as neither Onekawa-Nukanor nor Yohannes itself has established any diplomatic mission within one another's border. De-facto however, many influential state industrialists are fond of Onekawa-Nukanor, for its friendly economic relationship with the nineteen countries (VMK contracts, various subcontractors' dealing, etc.)

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Onekawa-Nukanor wrote:Very nice factbook Yohannes, your doing New Zealand proud :P

Cheers Onekawa :p

Well, In-Character wise governmental opinion would be relatively positive. No official recognition yet, as neither Onekawa-Nukanor nor Yohannes itself has established any diplomatic mission within one another's border. De-facto however, many influential state industrialists are fond of Onekawa-Nukanor, for its friendly economic relationship with the nineteen countries (VMK contracts, various subcontractors' dealing, etc.)

But I do have an embassy in Yohannes and vice versa....
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh wait! Yeah you do have an embassy in Yohannes (when I re-check the Foreign & Trade Office thread). Pardon my mistake :p

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:17 pm

How does the Yohannesian populace and Government view the Imperial and Royal Empire of Premislyd?

Nice thread btw.
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 pm

How would the Yohannish people react to contact with the current UNSC? [year 2667].

In short the current UNSC is the military of a democratic federation of nations called the Unified Earth Governments which hold semi sovereignty. The UNSC meeting the Yohannish people would not be totally out of the realm of possibility due to the ability to send white matter through black holes which is possessed by the UNSC.

Upon first contact with a MT nation the UNSC has distinct protocol to try and make peace with them and start diplomacy, but not to baby feed contacts. The UNSC will most likely unofficially ask if Yohannes would like to have a representative in the UEG as a semi member which would help them be protected with ease as it would be considered a part of the UEG (while retaining full sovereignty.)

How would your government and people react?
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:44 pm

If you try to enforce Future Technology stuff on my obviously Modern Technology world, then the answer is simple.

I will most probably ignore cannon you. Then again, I am always open to military challenges, even when it comes to future technological realms coming into contact with the Crown Commonwealth, In-Character wise. It'd be sweet to be able to roleplay some naval battles, just like the historical good time, albeit this time against a Future Technology entity.

Anyway, what am I rambling about. Yes, I'd be sweet if the rp is mutually thought-out well by both of us. But if its just going to be you, trying to enforce your (what, 200 years more advanced or so) future technology on me, then you'd probably be ignore cannon'ed by me straight out of the bat.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Premislyd wrote:How does the Yohannesian populace and Government view the Imperial and Royal Empire of Premislyd?

Nice thread btw.

Thanks Prem :p

I am sure you know the long answer already, by now. Yes, the mainstream of Yohannesian people has always favourably look upon the Imperial and Royal Land, and her people. Regarding that, I want to ask you another question; What role(s), if there's any, does the Imperial and Royal Majesty of Premislyd play within the country's government?

The UEG-Space Command
Minister

Founded: Jan 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UEG-Space Command » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Yohannes wrote:If you try to enforce Future Technology stuff on my obviously Modern Technology world, then the answer is simple.

I will most probably ignore cannon you. Then again, I am always open to military challenges, even when it comes to future technological realms coming into contact with the Crown Commonwealth, In-Character wise. It'd be sweet to be able to roleplay some naval battles, just like the historical good time, albeit this time against a Future Technology entity.

Anyway, what am I rambling about. Yes, I'd be sweet if the rp is mutually thought-out well by both of us. But if its just going to be you, trying to enforce your (what, 200 years more advanced or so) future technology on me, then you'd probably be ignore cannon'ed by me straight out of the bat.

The thing is ignore cannons are very immature, if you want to ignore someone then just do it, you don't need to drag your attention on it.

And lastly my question was not answered. Either you answer a question or don't, I don't force anything because I can't force anything on anyone, Yohannes is not my nation to decide what it does.

Edit: Sorry computer issue

Anyways not trying to sound harsh but I am just giving advice, ignore canons are just not a need, just add people you don't want to RP to your foe list (though that might be to much) and no one can force you to do what they want you to do, and again I would not contact you to fight, if I did, it would be a lot like a Modern 1st world ship against the Spanish armada. Not trying to be rude or anything just so you know.
Last edited by The UEG-Space Command on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For too many years, humanity was on the backfoot. Reacting to threats, rather than preventing them. Rest of the galaxy was bigger than us. Stronger than us. We were mice, hiding in the shadows, hoping the giants would not see us. No more. Humanity is no longer on the defense. We are the giants now."

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."
—Leonard Church

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

The UEG-Space Command wrote:The thing is ignore cannons are very immature, if you want to ignore someone then just do it, you don't need to drag your attention on it.

And lastly my question was not answered. Either you answer a question or don't, I don't force anything because I can't force anything on anyone, Yohannes is not my nation to decide what it does.

Ignore cannons are indeed immature, as you put it. However, mixing modern technology with future technology to gain an advantage for yourself, expressing your disapproval towards others which has expressed their disapproval of submitting their sovereignty (IC wise) because you believe that you do have the absolute right to enforce Future Technology towards that of Modern Technology?

Bad.

I am, in fact, quite open-minded to the mix interaction of simultaneous technology (or let's say, a MT and FT entities rp with one another). I've roleplayed extensively with various fantasy-themed nations, and even in one case a PMT-FT nation.

However, when you try to enforce your view that you can simply override the well-established fact that one cannot mix MT and FT to gain a geo-political and military edge over other roleplayers, instead of doing so to co-operatively write an interesting story and scenario between the aforesaid FT and MT nations, then... yeah, I don't know dude.

The thing is ignore cannons are very immature, if you want to ignore someone then just do it, you don't need to drag your attention on it.

What I am curious about was the fact that you posted this:

The UEG-Space Command wrote:Upon first contact with a MT nation the UNSC has distinct protocol to try and make peace with them and start diplomacy, but not to baby feed contacts. The UNSC will most likely unofficially ask if Yohannes would like to have a representative in the UEG as a semi member which would help them be protected with ease as it would be considered a part of the UEG (while retaining full sovereignty.)

I don't know if anyone have told you this before, but you cannot really.. uhmm.. mix MT with FT, expect everyone to follow up with your idea, and complaint about how "immature" it would be for others to complain about your (without a doubt) shaky Rp'ed proposal.

The UEG-Space Command wrote:Either you answer a question or don't

Not really. I would actually love to answer your question, but I don't really like your poor OOC/Out-of-character manner and tone, therefore I am not going to answer your question.

And yes, there's nothing that you can do about it, because this is my thread and I am the OP. You have got to learn OOC ettiqutte and boundary before you start posting, and control the tone of your OOC manner. I would also suggest for you to read this: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75017

Mixing Modern Technology (MT) and Future Technology (FT) and OOC-wise trying to prove that you are right? = Bad idea.

The UEG-Space Command wrote:if you want to ignore someone then just do it, you don't need to drag your attention on it.

Well, you did ask about how I will react in such a situation (whereby you will try to enforce your Future Technology Rp'ed world into my Modern Technology Rp'ed world, and then expect me to submit my sovereignty to you, as a blunt way of translating your previous post).

Therefore, I simply answer your question all along.. did I?

Also, please don't think of me of being condescending here. I, in fact, am simply interested to hear your explanation more regarding this. I value open discussion, and this is me simply trying to discuss this with you openly, as a fellow roleplayer in NationStates. (please don't think that I am being angry or anything, I am not).

[Edited 1 time: changed than]
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information