NATION

PASSWORD

The One-Stop Shop to Yohannes

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:59 am

Yohannes wrote:I hope you do realise, UE, that the Commonwealth Navy is not the Navy of Yohannes, isn't it..? :p

Two Words: Te-mah-toh=Te-may-toh. Enough Said...

Counterpoint: It's in your factbook on your nation listed under military. To quote an old saying, a Rose by any other name is still a Rose.

Hell, the thread title speaks for itself.

Still not convinced it’s your navy then I direct you to guilt by association.

:bow: :roll:
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:01 am

Its not the navy of Yohannes.

Its the Navy of the Yohannesian Crown Commonwealth Realms.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Trivval
Minister

Founded: Sep 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:06 am

United Earthlings wrote:
Yohannes wrote:I hope you do realise, UE, that the Commonwealth Navy is not the Navy of Yohannes, isn't it..? :p

Two Words: Te-mah-toh=Te-may-toh.

O_o Everyone I know says it Toe-Mah-Toe

Chyeknovostan Republic
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chyeknovostan Republic » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:21 am

What is Yohannes take on the recent Civil War that has occured in Chyeknovostan?
Chyekish Soviet Union

Reformed Britannia
Senator

Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Reformed Britannia » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 pm

What is the government of Yohannes' opinion on the recent emergence of the ideology known as Citizenism within Tetrakon?

THE PEOPLE'S CONFEDERATION OF LEUTLAND
FORWARD, FOR THE GLORIOUS CAUSE!

IIWiki Factbook

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Trivval wrote:
United Earthlings wrote:
Two Words: Te-mah-toh=Te-may-toh.

O_o Everyone I know says it Toe-Mah-Toe

Aussie... :p
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Chyeknovostan Republic wrote:What is Yohannes take on the recent Civil War that has occured in Chyeknovostan?

Most open-minded middle-class Yohannesians (and the upper-middle and upper class) acknowledge the tragedy which has enveloped itself throughout the Chyeknovostan Republic. It once made front page headline within the "International" section of the Ardenfontein Straits; one of Yohannes' leading newspapers.

Officially, His Majesty's Government hope only for the conflict to end as swiftly as possible, and do wish that the sorrow which the common people within the Chyeknovostan Republic must've felt would end, as soon as possible. Diplomatically speaking, His Majesty's Government wishes to emphasise its general view of neutrality towards the conflict and its associated progress. The Yohannesian Crown wishes no infringement upon the sovereignty of any existing foreign states not associated directly nor indirectly with that of Yohannesia and Her Commonwealth Empire globally.

Unless, of course, its pertaining to hidden commerce, economic and/or trade agendas... but we won't go there for now shall we.. :p

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:59 am

Reformed Britannia wrote:What is the government of Yohannes' opinion on the recent emergence of the ideology known as Citizenism within Tetrakon?

I've seen that thread previously. :p

IC-wise, His Majesty's Government will most probably undertake a course of neutrality in regard to citizenism. As long as its development will not disrupt Yohannesian economic, diplomatic and military interests inside Tetrakon, then the Yohannesian Crown will most likely to simply ignore the movement's development.

Chyeknovostan Republic
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chyeknovostan Republic » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:56 am

What is your nations response to possible educational courses in the future of Pravene[One of the national languages of Chyeknovostan] in your nation? (After my Civil War obviously)
Chyekish Soviet Union

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:46 am

Educational courses, as in courses throughout tertiary educational institutions such as universities, polytechnics, etc. within Yohannes?

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinvans » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:00 am

When will you acknowledge the right of Scandinvans to dominate the world?
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:27 am

Yohannesian dollar = global reserve currency?

Trivval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:24 am

Tergnitz wrote:Yohannesian dollar = global reserve currency?

Pretty sure, with Ralkovian Gold being second.

Trivval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Trivval
Minister

Ex-Nation

The Most Serene Dual Monarchy Of Anstatt
Secretary

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Most Serene Dual Monarchy Of Anstatt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:54 am

OOC Damn good, factbook. You go, sir! ;)

1. Imagine one of Yohannes' dominions, protectorates or other region wishes to leave the Commonwealth. Are they allowed to leave, or will they be treated as revolting, and put down with force?

2. Several languages are recognised as being "official". Does this creates problems in military and administrative tasks (eg. orders given in one language, minorities wishing to be served in their own language,..)

3. Education is the responsibility of each different country. Are they all reaching the same level, or do minor differences occur?

4. And lastly, (oh so cliché ). What is the official opinion of the Most Serene Dual Monarchy of Anstatt in Yohannes?

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:18 am

The Scandinvans wrote:When will you acknowledge the right of Scandinvans to dominate the world?

Nevaa :p

Trivval
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trivval » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:07 am

Given the Apartheid attitude of the people of Yohannes no less than fifty years ago, does this attitude remain in the mindset of some of the older or certain groups of the polulace and reflect against the Trivvalian Landers in anyway?

Would the Yohannesian Aristocracy accept aristocratic positions from the Dominion? Given this and the former question, would they accept the former aristocratic positions from Trivval, some Tribal while others are Hereditary?

Would the Yohannesian government, ie Aurel III, give out hereditary/honorary titles?

Would it be possible to draw up a system of Peerage similar to the system that was/is used in England? (Ref: Peerage (Wikipedia))

Do you have a nose?
Last edited by Trivval on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:27 am

Whoa... In rl... my calling code is 585...

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 pm

I doubt it. :p

I am of the belief that no one in NationStates will ever have the capacity to claim such an achievement.

New Acardia
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Acardia » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Are there any Eastern Orthodox Christians in Yohannes and what does Yohannes think of New Acardia? OOC: Nice factbook
Last edited by New Acardia on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quotes
Those who stand for nothing fall for everything.
Faith with out works is a dead faith
Evil wins when Good does nothing
My Factbook
I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian
I am a Tea Party Conservative
I am a American National Unionist
I am a Liberal Conservative

United Earthlings
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United Earthlings » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:12 am

Yohannes wrote:Its not the navy of Yohannes.

Its the Navy of the Yohannesian Crown Commonwealth Realms.

OC: :eyebrow:’s the difference?

IC: From our peoples point of view their one and the same...

OC2: So, whatever entity you decide to call it, you stole our nation's intellectual property and that's just not cool.

Which gets back to my original point, since most nations are going to interact with your government military forces overseas and as stated by you your overseas navy is commonly refereed to as the Royal Commonwealth Navy, the same as mine.

How would you like my government to explain to those nations that mistakenly confuse our nation's Naval service for yours?

Or do you not mind our government's military forces pretending to be part of the Crown Realms when it suits us or strikes our fancy when deemed to our advantage. :twisted:

After all there’s two Royal Commonwealth Navies out there.
Commonwealth Defence Export|OC Thread for Storefront|Write-Ups
Embassy Page|Categories Types

You may delay, but time will not, therefore make sure to enjoy the time you've wasted.

Welcome to the NSverse, where funding priorities and spending levels may seem very odd, to say the least.

The Scandinvans
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scandinvans » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:17 am

How do your people view the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans and its enlightened civilization?
We are the Glorious Empire of the Scandinvans. Surrender or be destroyed. Your civilization has ended, your time is over. Your people will be assimilated into our Empire. Your technological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. Your culture shall be supplanted by our own. And your lands will be made into our lands.

"For five thousand years has our Empire endured. In war and peace we have thrived. Against overwhelming odds we evolved. No matter what we face we have always survived and grown. We shall always be triumphant." -Emperor Godfrey II

Hope for a brighter tomorrow - fight the fight, find the cure

Urarail
Envoy

Founded: Mar 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Urarail » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:05 pm

What is the Commonwealth's opinion of the Amalgamate's collapse and dissolution into rival factions, and by extension the subsequent wars in Tetrakon?
I one day hope to have my own Security Council "Condemn Urarail" Resolution. And a verified Twitter account.

North Defese wrote:"People always thought it would be zombies or foreigners," one man told us, "or maybe zombie foreigners. No one thought of this! Why did we have to have so much body oil and those things you put on your nipples and spin around!? WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?"

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:53 am

Trivval wrote:

Trivval wrote:

Trivval wrote:

L0l. Edit: Shameless triple posts Trivv.

@Others: I will reply later guys.. I am writing In-Character posts across the board with my other In-Character threads at the present. :p
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information