NATION

PASSWORD

The New Guide to Embassies and Consulates

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oscar (Ancient)
Civilian

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscar (Ancient) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:59 am

How do u make a embassy?

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:41 am

Oscar wrote:How do u make a embassy?

Well, errr.. that is quite a simple question. :p

You create an embassy by searching for other people's embassy opening/programme threads.

Of course, the more simple way is to simply telegram someone, and say "Hey! I want an embassy in your nation! Would that be alright?"

The most complex way (and of course, the fun way) is to actually roleplay with the nation/player which you want to establish an embassy with, or establish any other kind of diplomatic missions exchange with, such as a consulate, consulate-general, etc.

If you're confused, feel free to ask more.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 pm

Oscar wrote:How do u make a embassy?

If a person has an embassy thread you can post an application in said thread to establish one ( just about everyone includes an application ). However, if they don't have an embassy + consulate thread/ministry of foreign affairs thread - you can always telegram a nation that you're interested in having an embassy with asking if such would be okay in-character.
Last edited by Milograd on Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Retired

Rithian
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 17, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rithian » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, this is a bit of a necro, but I just wanted to say that all embassies are not necessarily in the capital city. There's no reason for them to be with modern communications technology, and if your department of foreign affairs isn't located in the capital, all the more reason to move the embassies to the city you actually have your DFA in. Diplomats do not have to be right next to the law makers, they need to be next to the people who are actual diplomats and liaisons between countries (that is, foreign affairs officials)

What might be a better phrase is that all embassies need to be in one city (or two, if they're very close like Alexandria and D.C.) since, like I said, the DFA and local diplomats are generally more important than being near lawmakers. The only benefit to being in a small capital without a DFA is that you could directly approach the Head of State/Government, which can be important at times.

It is, of course, proper etiquette to have an embassy in the capital anyway, but what I'm getting at here is that it's not necessary to the extent that you make it seem, just extremely common.

Otherwise, great stuff.
Last edited by Rithian on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rithic Factbook

(Factbook on my nation page isn't always up-to-date)

Reddevia II
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddevia II » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 am

Unfortunately, your Application design is probably one of the best out there. So...I'm not going to exactly steal it. Your nation gets credit for its design under the application.
Reddevia II
Ideals: Peace first. If that doesn't work, roll out the tanks.
We Export: Oil, weaponry, automobiles (Hybrids), medicines, military vehicles, electronics, steel, and watches.
Our Leaders: Supreme Chancellor Altair and the Senate.

The Capital: New Constantinople
DEFCON 4

Join Warzone Airspace
In the case of War/Invasion, our leader and flag will be replaced with something more...appropriate.

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am

Rithian wrote:-SNIP-

I'm certain it says this somewhere in there... Anyways, I have my Embassies and consulates in my "Foreign City" (It's basically a massive port city with more foreigners than locals, and a massive wall separating it from the mainland.)
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Romili
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romili » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:43 am

do you even need to send ambassadors? the embassies are regional so would embassies be in a neutral regional capital or a national capital but then which one?
Participants:World Cup 61 and Baptism of Fire 48, VII Summer Olympics
Host: Romili Cup 1
Rofu Owen I, His Eternal Majesty the Eternal Emperor Owen I, The Founder of Romili ,His Majesty the Emperor Owen I, President Owen, Head of the Emperors Council, Head of the Peoples Council, God, Founder of the Osin, Founder of the Sino.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:57 pm

What do you mean by regional? Embassies in the roleplaying realms of NationStates are based upon their nationality of origin, not regional.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Kiawati
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiawati » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Cool guide, thanks.

United States of Minecraftia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United States of Minecraftia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:56 am

Yohannes wrote:What do you mean by regional? Embassies in the roleplaying realms of NationStates are based upon their nationality of origin, not regional.

I think they meant the Regional embassies found on a region's admin page.

Sapien
Secretary

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapien » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Zinaire wrote:
Korintar wrote:more or less. Korintar is kind of a hybrid, which is explained in the factbook. The Directory is housed in Atenou, one branch of the legislature is in Mekrindiv, while the other, along with the People's Court of the Inquisition is located in Korintopoli, if I recall correctly.

You probably shouldn't house embassies in the judicial capitol, but the others seem fine.

Since this is almost three years old I realize its a bit of a moo-point but I thought I'd just point out for anyone else looking at this thread - The US Embassy in South Africa is located in Pretoria, I assume this is because Pretoria is the Executive capital of the nation and therefore also the likely location of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Headquarters. So I think it would be logical to assume that as a general rule, the "Embassy" would be wherever the Executive government/MOFA is based. Other capitals (in this case Cape Down and Bloemfontein) would probably have Consulate-Generals but not necessarily.

Also, it should be noted that embassies rely on one country RECOGNIZING another. I've made it the case with Sapien and I've noticed other nations have as well that certain nations have a list of "unrecognized" nations. This would be the case with areas like The Republic of China, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Kosovo… so forth. In this instance, you can't technically have an embassy (from what I understand) but that does not mean they go unrepresented. The Republic of China (Taiwan), for example, has a number of "Economic and Cultural Offices" in the US and other nations. If you're looking at size, it appears that many of these offices are significantly smaller than an Embassy or Consulate-General or Consulate. For example, the ROC E/C Office in Boston is located on the Xth floor of a building… and they get about a fourth of that floor as the entire mission…
(Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong about this).

The Republic of Sapien • Ministry of Foreign Affairs • The Empire of United Nations

THE GRAND STATE OF SINUKA
Secretary

Founded: Jan 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby THE GRAND STATE OF SINUKA » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:02 pm

hi

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:25 am

Sapien wrote:
Since this is almost three years old I realize its a bit of a moo-point but I thought I'd just point out for anyone else looking at this thread - The US Embassy in South Africa is located in Pretoria, I assume this is because Pretoria is the Executive capital of the nation and therefore also the likely location of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Headquarters. So I think it would be logical to assume that as a general rule, the "Embassy" would be wherever the Executive government/MOFA is based. Other capitals (in this case Cape Down and Bloemfontein) would probably have Consulate-Generals but not necessarily.

Also, it should be noted that embassies rely on one country RECOGNIZING another. I've made it the case with Sapien and I've noticed other nations have as well that certain nations have a list of "unrecognized" nations. This would be the case with areas like The Republic of China, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Kosovo… so forth. In this instance, you can't technically have an embassy (from what I understand) but that does not mean they go unrepresented. The Republic of China (Taiwan), for example, has a number of "Economic and Cultural Offices" in the US and other nations. If you're looking at size, it appears that many of these offices are significantly smaller than an Embassy or Consulate-General or Consulate. For example, the ROC E/C Office in Boston is located on the Xth floor of a building… and they get about a fourth of that floor as the entire mission…
(Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong about this).

Yeah... a bit late I daresay.. :p

Furthermore, you are free to allow for the construction of foreign nations' embassies in not just your capital city, but also that of other notable cities of your nation. As an example, I've done just that in the case of Yohannes.

Of course, people are also free to roleplay having foreign nations' embassies in only the capital city. Roleplaying in NationStates is freeform, after all.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:26 am

THE GRAND STATE OF SINUKA wrote:hi

Ohai

The Mayfly Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: May 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mayfly Republic » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:05 pm

I'd like feedback on my embassy program.
No, really. We're a republic of Mayflies.

A protectorate of Alyekra.

Create an Embassy with us!

Taurenor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 29, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Taurenor » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:30 pm

The Mayfly Republic wrote:I'd like feedback on my embassy program.

The opening post is alright, I don't see anything wrong with it. Of course, you can always expand more on the information, but its not really important to be honest.

When you reply to other people's embassy request, I don't know... perhaps you can try to write an In-Character (IC) acceptance, addressed from your government to their represented government? Instead of simply saying "welcome!" or "Approved" which is a bit OOC, and does not add flavour to your embassy thread.

The above is, however, not really an important thing, though if adding more flavour and IC feel to your thread is what you want, then I would recommend that.

Finally, I might post an application to your thread.
Content prior to December 2012 was written while this account was given to Yohannes and is now Deprecated and not considered part of the subsequent continuity.

THE GRAND STATE OF SINUKA
Secretary

Founded: Jan 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

this is cool

Postby THE GRAND STATE OF SINUKA » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:27 pm

thanks

Nation Canada
Civilian

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nation Canada » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:27 pm

How do you appoint ambassadors?

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Nation Canada wrote:How do you appoint ambassadors?

Simple, just apply for an embassy in another nation, found in a nation's consulate thread, and they will have an application form, which usually has information on the ambassador you are going to appoint, and fill out the info on the ambassador...
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Nomadic sister of shawnas north africa
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 05, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nomadic sister of shawnas north africa » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 am

N's Has a good embassy play in my region our embassy was dieing but thanks to strong member nations we are ok. Maybe :eek: a tri regional embassy would be good for us all in n's only thing people don't care about embassy request like they use too. I'm! Think a cap would do great on different regional embassy.

Ambassador - musida
مصرية الطفل مرحبا NUbian misri, Mediterranean an Nubiiea Sudanese / Aegyptos cooking, Masira children of the dessert SUN. Koranic school ♥ Rashda my baby son ♥ Ghawazee gypsys♥ Nubian Pharaoh an Nefertiti theben Queen, Aswan governance pro Ãfrika Arab people an tribal Tribeca ♥ Sudan - êgypt - Libya - Delta Nile - peacecore works Aegyptos, real Egypto African Asiatic - semantics kush Kemta sistas. Religious Islamic sunni Aegyptos, GalliBaya dressing, Islam cover face Shawhi wearing girls, ♥ mother love, sister friends ♥ Hausan touareg Nigerian father, Nubian ègyptïan mother, Saudi Arabia Jaddah ( touareg) (Grandmother ) Abu simbel Grandpa southern Aegyptos. Tahrir square Cairo, isis aswan resorts as^wan Egypt. Khartoum Sudan, ♥ swimming pools an Bellydance Ghawazee sistas ♥

Baptist Peoples
Attaché

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Baptist Peoples Department of Foreign Affairs - Embassy Prog

Postby Baptist Peoples » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:25 pm

To all the nations of the world, The Baptist Peoples Department of Foreign Affairs would like to invite all of you to open an Embassy in Baptist Peoples. As a part of our Foreign Relations Mission we would like you to apply with the following application:
National Information:
- Full Name of Nation:
- Government Type:
- Head of State:
- Head of Government:
- Minister of Foreign Affairs or Equivalent:

Ambassadorial Information:
- Ambassador's Name:
- Ambassador's Family (if any):
- Are there any health of security issues local authorities should be alerted of?

Staff and Equipment Information: (No more than 15 staff and 10 Security)
- Diplomatic Staff:
- Security Staff:
- Service Staff:
- Will you be hiring locally?
- Number and Type of Weapons:
- Number and Type of Vehicles:

Miscellaneous:
- Would you like us to establish an embassy in your nation?
- Do you have any special requests?
- Would you like to enter into trade/treaty talks?
- Is there any additional information we should know?.
5 - Peace
4 - Minor Conflict
3 - Preparing for War
2 - Full War
1 - Preparing for Nuclear War
0 - Nuclear War
His Holiness
Holy Emperor of Baptist Peoples
Defender of the Baptist Faith
Dr. Jason M. Sledge

His Excellency
Prime Minister of Baptist Peoples
Soldier of the Baptist Faith
Remone Clemons

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: The New Guide to Embassies and Consulates

Postby Yohannes » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Nomadic sister of shawnas north africa wrote:
N's Has a good embassy play in my region our embassy was dieing but thanks to strong member nations we are ok. Maybe :eek: a tri regional embassy would be good for us all in n's only thing people don't care about embassy request like they use too. I'm! Think a cap would do great on different regional embassy.

Ambassador - musida

Haha, what are you trying to say.. I don't understand my friend. :p

Baptist Peoples wrote:
To all the nations of the world, The Baptist Peoples Department of Foreign Affairs would like to invite all of you to open an Embassy in Baptist Peoples. As a part of our Foreign Relations Mission we would like you to apply with the following application:
National Information:
- Full Name of Nation:
- Government Type:
- Head of State:
- Head of Government:
- Minister of Foreign Affairs or Equivalent:

Ambassadorial Information:
- Ambassador's Name:
- Ambassador's Family (if any):
- Are there any health of security issues local authorities should be alerted of?

Staff and Equipment Information: (No more than 15 staff and 10 Security)
- Diplomatic Staff:
- Security Staff:
- Service Staff:
- Will you be hiring locally?
- Number and Type of Weapons:
- Number and Type of Vehicles:

Miscellaneous:
- Would you like us to establish an embassy in your nation?
- Do you have any special requests?
- Would you like to enter into trade/treaty talks?
- Is there any additional information we should know?.

You will need to create a new thread in the Factbook & National Information forum for your embassy programme thread, where you will be the opening poster and other roleplayers in NationStates will be able to post applications for their embassies or consulates.

Arsfarszka
Attaché

Founded: Aug 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arsfarszka » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:23 am

Bump for future reference.
My nation is: Class W11: Tier 3, Type III, Regional power - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=244917
It is also: 6/0/5.5 (on the verge.) - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018
Male, straight, American, eats too much but remains skinny, really likes cheese.
I am a conservative republican capitalist.
Arsfarszka does not show my actual political beliefs.
NS Stats are semi-used; factbook overrules them, however.
Economic Left/Right: -0.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

German England and Russia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby German England and Russia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Just going to mark this, so I can find it easily again.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information