NATION

PASSWORD

The Dream of 1000 Cats [questions/comments invited]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Azhuru wrote:Yep. NASA manufactured it just for him.

Makes you wonder why they ever cut funding.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

Azhuru
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Because Obama and the rest of them weren't getting robo-unicorns. They were jelly of JFK.
The Celestial Kingdom. The official Knights in Space of NSFT.
Knights in Space Factbook [Civilian stuff]
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile
In Memoriam: 1000 Cats

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Azhuru wrote:Because Obama and the rest of them weren't getting robo-unicorns. They were jelly of JFK.

Well, to be fair, so am I.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Its a bloody robot unicorn. Who isn't jealous?
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Azhuru wrote:Its a bloody robot unicorn. Who isn't jealous?

Not to mention moon-women.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Eh, depends. Some moon women... no. Just no. Giant slug monsters of ungodly proportions with giant horrible gnashing teeth. But, some others are alright.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Azhuru wrote:Eh, depends. Some moon women... no. Just no. Giant slug monsters of ungodly proportions with giant horrible gnashing teeth. But, some others are alright.

Hey man, when in Rome.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Eh, point. But, I'd rather not get suffocated by a slug monster. Or gnawed on. But, JFK exterminated them all. Part of his twenty-three year war.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Azhuru wrote:Eh, point. But, I'd rather not get suffocated by a slug monster. Or gnawed on. But, JFK exterminated them all. Part of his twenty-three year war.

Too bad for the macrophiles.

Alright, we should stop spamming up my NI and FAQ thread, haha.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Yeah, whoops.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:09 pm

STATISTICS

Total population: ~5 million
Birth rate: ~500/1000/yr (avg. 2/litter)
Death Rate: ~500/1000/yr (stable)
Fertility Rate: ~10/female/lifetime
Average Lifespan: ~20 years; sexually mature at 3 years
Last edited by 1000 Cats on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:14 pm

GROUPS

Although most cats are organized in groups of some sort, whether they be individual families or clans, as well as being a part of a larger, loosely-defined area, certain much better organized groups can be discerned. While these are relatively rare and temporary, the impact they can have on their surroundings can be significant.

HAHXHÝ - Pelt of Sun

A large, centralized group of NHX that roam around south of the Sahara desert. They can be seen as an extremist religious and racial supremacist group: they are led by one ÀRÜE by the name of NHÙ:HAHÖ (With-A-Mane), who teaches his followers that the NHX are the original and therefore purest race of cats, and that by once again spreading their genes and influence cats may once again enter the Sahara desert and live, which they believe to be the home of the HÝ (the sun). This group has been known to attack and kill entire CŶ families in the area that have recently given birth, and particularly despise those whom they deem physically impure based on size, shape, and coat colour. It is unknown how many splinters there are of this group, but they have been known to travel in parties of up to two dozen individuals, and decorate their shoulders with the furs of their victims.

KNÒNUC - Blue Blood

A mysterious group centralized in Asia. Their leader, though presumed dead today, was an ÀRÜE called HŶXŸSÀ:R (Kills-From-A-Tree). It can also be seen as a generally destructive religious cult, believing in a bloodthirsty deity, symbolized by a huge flayed cat. They are known to make live cat sacrifices, capturing individuals across much of the Eurasian continent. It is unknown how many followers there are of this religion, but they appear to mostly be KÈC.
Last edited by 1000 Cats on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:35 pm

So, what if the humans in 1000 Cats requested equal rights, every last ONE of them?
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Luziyca wrote:So, what if the humans in 1000 Cats requested equal rights, every last ONE of them?

It's physically impossible for a human to speak Cat, and "rights" are whatever you can do at a given moment without getting beaten up by someone, but I have thought about how interesting it would be to RP humans here. Of course, in the original story by Neil Gaiman, humans did want to be superior, and after one thousand of them dreamed of being so it became reality - hence your world. It's for that reason, perhaps not even consciously, that we're a bit kinder (usually) to other species than you might expect. Humans are still pets and fun food, but cats are not as evil to them as they could be.

However, despite being substantially stupider than they are in your world, humans probably do have a language, or languages, and they could theoretically rise up, given the proper stimulus and tools.

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:03 am

What do your people think about catgirls?

Also would you be interested in trading some of your catnip for some of our fish?
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:20 am

Novus Niciae wrote:What do your people think about catgirls?

Also would you be interested in trading some of your catnip for some of our fish?

I don't imagine most of us would have a problem with them. I think they look kind of funny, and I wouldn't want to eat one. It just seems a little wrong.

If you can get a hold of some of the Cŷ or Nhx in inland Africa on the plains, they're probably the ones who would be most interested in your fish. The Cŷ will be your best bet for catnip; the Nhx don't usually grow nearly so much, though I hear the occasional rogue one you find will grow the best stuff.

I wonder if someone can do commerce in their sleep? Stranger things have happened. See what you can dream up.

Foguk
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Foguk » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 am

Wazkyraque wrote::clap:
This is one of the best Factbooks I've seen so far.
I approve.

The language is a quite interesting and unique you included into your factbook, and I quite like it [but can't speak a lick of it :p ]
I've been making a conlang for my nation, but I keep starting over early so I haven't gotton really far on it :lol:

Yeah... This is really good.
Economic: Left/Right, 9.75 Points
Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian, 4.26 Points
Colour the world Red
My nation of Foguk is representative of my views. Let me get this out of the way: I am not trolling, they are just my views. Don't get worked up.
"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If the opposition refuses to disarm, we shall disarm them ourselves"
Joesph Stalin
"When we hang the capitalists, they will sell us the rope we use"
Joseph Stalin

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:31 am

Foguk wrote:
Wazkyraque wrote::clap:
This is one of the best Factbooks I've seen so far.
I approve.

The language is a quite interesting and unique you included into your factbook, and I quite like it [but can't speak a lick of it :p ]
I've been making a conlang for my nation, but I keep starting over early so I haven't gotton really far on it :lol:

Yeah... This is really good.

Thanks!

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:35 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Luziyca wrote:So, what if the humans in 1000 Cats requested equal rights, every last ONE of them?

It's physically impossible for a human to speak Cat, and "rights" are whatever you can do at a given moment without getting beaten up by someone, but I have thought about how interesting it would be to RP humans here. Of course, in the original story by Neil Gaiman, humans did want to be superior, and after one thousand of them dreamed of being so it became reality - hence your world. It's for that reason, perhaps not even consciously, that we're a bit kinder (usually) to other species than you might expect. Humans are still pets and fun food, but cats are not as evil to them as they could be.

However, despite being substantially stupider than they are in your world, humans probably do have a language, or languages, and they could theoretically rise up, given the proper stimulus and tools.

This makes me want to send several Know-Nothing detachments to train and arm the indigenous population. Would be interesting to watch the results.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Azhuru wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:It's physically impossible for a human to speak Cat, and "rights" are whatever you can do at a given moment without getting beaten up by someone, but I have thought about how interesting it would be to RP humans here. Of course, in the original story by Neil Gaiman, humans did want to be superior, and after one thousand of them dreamed of being so it became reality - hence your world. It's for that reason, perhaps not even consciously, that we're a bit kinder (usually) to other species than you might expect. Humans are still pets and fun food, but cats are not as evil to them as they could be.

This makes me want to send several Know-Nothing detachments to train and arm the indigenous population. Would be interesting to watch the results.

That would be quite something. I'm a little worried about how that sort of thing might turn out.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:10 pm

I would guess at armed revolution. Now, as to the end result of that; it could be a Hitler-esque concentration camps for the cats or just second class citizenship after decades of perceived oppression.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:40 pm

I think I love you.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Azhuru wrote:I would guess at armed revolution. Now, as to the end result of that; it could be a Hitler-esque concentration camps for the cats or just second class citizenship after decades of perceived oppression.

That, I doubt. There are at least as many cats in the world as there are humans, and the humans here are not the same size as the humans there. They're actually about the same size as your housecats. We're also undoubtedly smarter than they are; unless your soldiers were actually in their ranks, they wouldn't actually be victorious, and even then, unless you had some pretty decent numbers, the outcome would probably favour us simply due to the fact that we know the land. Have you ever seen The Ghost and the Darkness? Imagine that, except there are as many as thirty of us at once, and we're just as smart as you are.

We've never been invaded. It's kind of hard in a situation like ours to expect invasion. But I like to think it wouldn't be quite so easy as you might imagine.

Anemos Major wrote:I think I love you.

I've already got me a girl, sorry. I appreciate the sentiment, though. :)

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Azhuru wrote:I would guess at armed revolution. Now, as to the end result of that; it could be a Hitler-esque concentration camps for the cats or just second class citizenship after decades of perceived oppression.

That, I doubt. There are at least as many cats in the world as there are humans, and the humans here are not the same size as the humans there. They're actually about the same size as your housecats. We're also undoubtedly smarter than they are; unless your soldiers were actually in their ranks, they wouldn't actually be victorious, and even then, unless you had some pretty decent numbers, the outcome would probably favour us simply due to the fact that we know the land. Have you ever seen The Ghost and the Darkness? Imagine that, except there are as many as thirty of us at once, and we're just as smart as you are.

We've never been invaded. It's kind of hard in a situation like ours to expect invasion. But I like to think it wouldn't be quite so easy as you might imagine.

Fair enough. I was more in the mindset they were human sized humies. Although, if you've seen Army of Darkness, I imagine we'd be using the same tactics as the mini-Bruces, but with power forks and gremlin style sabotage. Although as to defeating my soldiers, it would be quite a feat judging you're a melee force by all appearances. My forces are built in melee style combat in mind generally since the typical citizens looks down upon ranged combat. Its necessary on modern battles on larger platforms, but infantry can still expect to be handed a sword and shield instead of a rifle. Along with that, they tend to tramp around in power armor phalanxes so it would be quite intriguing to try to pounce that.

As well as the technological prowess genetically speaking they're just as superior. They are amalgamated beings of animal and human DNA and capabilities. It was generally reserved for just appearance when nannite genetics came out, but it was found out if you get a canine snout, you get canine smelling capabilities.

Now, I'm not saying we'd plow over you like chaff but we'd inevitably win with superior technology and equipment but would make for an interesting war.

Oh, and on a side note; Glad to have finally met someone of the same persuasion.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Azhuru wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:That, I doubt. There are at least as many cats in the world as there are humans, and the humans here are not the same size as the humans there. They're actually about the same size as your housecats. We're also undoubtedly smarter than they are; unless your soldiers were actually in their ranks, they wouldn't actually be victorious, and even then, unless you had some pretty decent numbers, the outcome would probably favour us simply due to the fact that we know the land. Have you ever seen The Ghost and the Darkness? Imagine that, except there are as many as thirty of us at once, and we're just as smart as you are.

Fair enough. I was more in the mindset they were human sized humies. Although, if you've seen Army of Darkness, I imagine we'd be using the same tactics as the mini-Bruces, but with power forks and gremlin style sabotage. Although as to defeating my soldiers, it would be quite a feat judging you're a melee force by all appearances. My forces are built in melee style combat in mind generally since the typical citizens looks down upon ranged combat. Its necessary on modern battles on larger platforms, but infantry can still expect to be handed a sword and shield instead of a rifle. Along with that, they tend to tramp around in power armor phalanxes so it would be quite intriguing to try to pounce that.

As well as the technological prowess genetically speaking they're just as superior. They are amalgamated beings of animal and human DNA and capabilities. It was generally reserved for just appearance when nannite genetics came out, but it was found out if you get a canine snout, you get canine smelling capabilities.

Now, I'm not saying we'd plow over you like chaff but we'd inevitably win with superior technology and equipment but would make for an interesting war.

Oh, and on a side note; Glad to have finally met someone of the same persuasion.

Oh, we're five million disorganized furballs; I'm fully aware we'd lose to any modern force. Just probably not (too much) to our own humans.

Good to finally meet someone else on NS who'll come out publicly about it. ;) Cheers.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information