NATION

PASSWORD

The Dream of 1000 Cats [questions/comments invited]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Wazkyraque wrote::clap:
This is one of the best Factbooks I've seen so far.
I approve.

The language is a quite interesting and unique you included into your factbook, and I quite like it [but can't speak a lick of it :p ]
I've been making a conlang for my nation, but I keep starting over early so I haven't gotton really far on it :lol:

Thank you. :) And don't worry about speaking Cat. I can't speak it either. XD

The APS is just there so I can better mentally hear the words and memorize them that way (and figure if they sound good or not), and so people reading the factbook or RPs can look at Cat words and say them in their head "naturally" without feeling like they're missing something. It's just not a language you can strike up a verbal conversation in, and I've come to terms with that. :P
Last edited by 1000 Cats on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 pm

NOTABLE CATS

NÙ:Âˑ

The Dream is not a nation as such, but the dominant species and loosely affiliated cultures of a planet. Its constituent tribes are small, transient, and individual/family-orientated, thus any real form of government is a foreign concept. This does not, however, mean that various individuals are not held in high regard by a tribe, a whole culture, or even, in rare cases, across the globe. NÙ:Âˑ is one of these individuals, her name translatable to mean "Esteemed Mother" or, more commonly, "Mistress". Little is known about her, only that she is very wise and well-spoken, and reportedly knows a great deal about the history of catkind at large. It's said that she has never before unsheathed her claws, because she has never had need of them, despite being ÀRÜE - she exudes a confidence, and a motherly calm regarding all she comes across. Her age is unknown, but she will tell, when asked, about the lover she lost long ago, and the kits she had by him who were drowned. How this came about, no one but she knows. Regardless, NÙ:Âˑ carries with her a very heavy melancholy, as though her last hope in life turned away from her long ago; now she drifts across the continents, like a leaf on a stream.

NUCE and SHAˑE

These two CŶ ("Blue One" and "Black One" respectively) are only significant because they are the default individuals I roleplay (in places like F&NI). Although descended from nobles known for bringing peace for the area (a part of the east coast of South America, where CŶ, KÈC, and ZˑYÎ all coexist), their air of nobility is long gone. Apart from their considerable prowess at communicating through dreams, even across realities, they are pretty much useless and are taken with the least amount of seriousness by everyone around them due to their frivolous and blatantly egocentric mannerisms. For some reason, they seem to think that these traits endear them to the position of ambassador.

ÙOÖHŶX:X

A native CŶ of sub-Saharan Africa, ÙOÖHŶX was orphaned at a very young age by marauding NHX. Her family was targeted for its race, and its proximity to the desert known as ÉˑS:SÖHÝ:NHÚ that is believed to be the home of the Sun. After watching her mother, father, sister and brother be torn apart by the lionlike brutes, she escaped by hiding within a catnip field. She has since become a wanderer, scavenging or tricking what food she can from other cats, and sleeping by day and night in others' catnip fields. This has earned her her name, which means literally "Mouth-That-Contains-Trees" - with a potential colloquial translation to "Catnip-Breath". Her original name is unknown, although one might guess it would have something to do with her rare pure white pelt. Despite being a wanderer, and still alive, she is not ÀRÜE; although she doubtless has stories that are worth telling. Indeed, in the area she frequents, cats discuss her past among themselves even though she refuses to consider or discuss for long the tragedy that changed her life. As far as her personality, she surprisingly doesn't seem to hold anything against the NHX. She puts forth an act of naïvety and confidence that belies a sometimes surprising thoughtfulness and a chronic lack of motivation. She spends her days in a drug-induced haze in an attempt to escape from the reality in which she finds herself upon waking.
Last edited by 1000 Cats on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:09 am, edited 10 times in total.

United Districts of 1
Minister

Founded: Aug 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Districts of 1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:42 pm

The back-story and art, and concept are all so beautiful. I might create a nation with a similar theme.
Please refer to me as The Kyoto Trade Union at all times in IC
All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Lenehen wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Getting 90% of his military killed during an unnecessary, botched invasion of Russia?

Exactly! He killed a lot of frenchmen- something any englishman should aspire to!
My name in cat= Aknò:ziˑn rnckxx zeˑx

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:53 pm

United Districts of 1 wrote:The back-story and art, and concept are all so beautiful. I might create a nation with a similar theme.

I can't take credit for the backstory or art - those are copyright Neil Gaiman and the Joneses respectively. I'm responsible for everything else, though, so I can still thank you. :)
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.

Greater Mackonia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Mackonia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:35 am

May I ask what human language sounds like to the cats? that is if the humans have a language.
The Agonocracy of Greater Mackonia
"Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser."
-Donald J. Trump.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:51 am

Greater Mackonia wrote:May I ask what human language sounds like to the cats? that is if the humans have a language.

Humans here don't have a language any more than cats do there. However, we do dream of humans like you, and dream of how they talk. It sounds really guttural to us a lot of the time, like you're always growling, but quietly, like you're angry but don't want anyone to know about it. We can't pronounce your words any more than you can pronounce ours.

Azhuru
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Honestly, I like how its all put together. It keeps the whole personality I tend to associate with cats while keeping itself in a basic nationish format. I approve.

Honestly though. Seems like my Lords might have some fun hunting there. Giant, vicious animals tend to be a favorite of theirs.
The Celestial Kingdom. The official Knights in Space of NSFT.
Knights in Space Factbook [Civilian stuff]
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile
In Memoriam: 1000 Cats

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Azhuru wrote:Honestly, I like how its all put together. It keeps the whole personality I tend to associate with cats while keeping itself in a basic nationish format. I approve.

Honestly though. Seems like my Lords might have some fun hunting there. Giant, vicious animals tend to be a favorite of theirs.

It unfortunately still is not very compatible with most nations out there. But thank you. :)

I have a feeling your Lords would have some problems here. It's one thing to hunt a beast, another to hunt a beast with an oral history. ;)

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:37 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Azhuru wrote:Honestly, I like how its all put together. It keeps the whole personality I tend to associate with cats while keeping itself in a basic nationish format. I approve.

It unfortunately still is not very compatible with most nations out there. But thank you. :)

I have a feeling your Lords would have some problems here. It's one thing to hunt a beast, another to hunt a beast with an oral history. ;)

Eh, they occasionally hunt sentient beings. They have enough money and influence to have it swept under the rug so, it wouldn't be too bad. Especially considering that its an animal but has the cunning of a sentient being, so it would actually be more of game.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:39 pm

Azhuru wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:It unfortunately still is not very compatible with most nations out there. But thank you. :)

Eh, they occasionally hunt sentient beings. They have enough money and influence to have it swept under the rug so, it wouldn't be too bad. Especially considering that its an animal but has the cunning of a sentient being, so it would actually be more of game.

Sounds like it'd make a decent RP, if you somehow found your way to this reality.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:48 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Azhuru wrote:

Sounds like it'd make a decent RP, if you somehow found your way to this reality.

Eh, don't think I could make human knights in space into this dimension. Tis unfortunate.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:03 pm

Azhuru wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:Sounds like it'd make a decent RP, if you somehow found your way to this reality.

Eh, don't think I could make human knights in space into this dimension. Tis unfortunate.

foreveralone.jpg

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Eh, I guess I could come up with some sort of bullshit way they break through the dimensional barriers and pop into that one. Or, it could be another world and they just happen across it.

*Shrugs.*
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Azhuru wrote:Eh, I guess I could come up with some sort of bullshit way they break through the dimensional barriers and pop into that one. Or, it could be another world and they just happen across it.

*Shrugs.*

Well, if they aren't on Earth themselves and haven't interacted with human-run Earth in the past, it's conceivable. No worries if you can't think up anything, though; I'd rather have nothing at all than something pulled out of my ass. ;)

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Well the actual origins are conflicted and debated quite a bit. They are humans but as to their origins its conflicted. The Churches say that they were created on Agrava when the Greater One, when he wasn't an incarnation of the Celestial High King, or that they were planted by the Greater One as if it was planting the seeds of a field. The majority however, say that they are from a colony ship that crashed and the passengers reverted to a Neolithic period and worked their way back up.
Last edited by Azhuru on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Azhuru wrote:Well the actual origins are conflicted and debated quite a bit. They are humans but as to their origins its conflicted. The Churches say that they were created there when the Greater One, when he wasn't an incarnation of the Celestial High King, or that they were planted by the Greater One as if it was planting the seeds of a field. The majority however, say that they are from a colony ship that crashed and the passengers reverted to a Neolithic period and worked their way back up.

Then maybe you have a good excuse to flesh out your backstory.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 pm

What do you mean? I think I've got my backstory pretty figured out. Only thing I need to do with it is actually get the discipline to write it all down somewhere.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Azhuru wrote:What do you mean? I think I've got my backstory pretty figured out. Only thing I need to do with it is actually get the discipline to write it all down somewhere.

Oh, I just meant as far as from where you came. If we did end up starting an RP somewhere down the road, and you didn't do any interdimensional jumps, one would have to conclude you didn't come from Earth.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Well, their home planet and capitol is Agrava. Its just a question of how the hell humans got there and developed a totally different military, government and social status. Afterall, Feudalism is still pretty much in effect, weaponry is pretty limited to melee (Save for armour and capitol ships.) and they have highly developed nannite and genetic manipulative abilities.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Azhuru wrote:Well, their home planet and capitol is Agrava. Its just a question of how the hell humans got there and developed a totally different military, government and social status. Afterall, Feudalism is still pretty much in effect, weaponry is pretty limited to melee (Save for armour and capitol ships.) and they have highly developed nannite and genetic manipulative abilities.

My bet's on a government conspiracy. I blame Obama.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Lol. It must be. Or it could've been because of JFK. He retreated to the moon after his supposed assassination to hunt down the aliens on the moon to clear the way for the Apollo missions. Perhaps he could've gotten together with a few green women who made human babies.

That seems legit.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Azhuru wrote:Lol. It must be. Or it could've been because of JFK. He retreated to the moon after his supposed assassination to hunt down the aliens on the moon to clear the way for the Apollo missions. Perhaps he could've gotten together with a few green women who made human babies.

That seems legit.

I think there was a movie about that.

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Possibly. There are a few photos that surfaced of the supposedly classified mission.

Since it says its too big to post.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Azhuru wrote:Possibly. There are a few photos that surfaced of the supposedly classified mission.

Since it says its too big to post.

We always knew he was a badass, but an astrohorse?

Azhuru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Azhuru » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Yep. NASA manufactured it just for him.
Celestial Kingdom Army
Proud Female Zoophile

MAKE WAR NOT LOVE.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information