NATION

PASSWORD

NS RPing World Map (Inactive)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Terg, as you can see, Riemaia had it (he was on IRC when I posted it there). I'll update the OP now.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:10 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:Terg, as you can see, Riemaia had it (he was on IRC when I posted it there). I'll update the OP now.

Yeah, no clue how I missed that post beforehand, haha.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Hmm.. I was wondering the other day, whether we would be adding more roleplaying regions into the map Gordo?
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Yohannes wrote:Hmm.. I was wondering the other day, whether we would be adding more roleplaying regions into the map Gordo?

Likely soon. The most recent version's had some time to settle in, so in the next week or two, once I get through finals and term papers, I can probably open it up.
Also Known as Kazmr

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:33 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:
Yohannes wrote:Hmm.. I was wondering the other day, whether we would be adding more roleplaying regions into the map Gordo?

Likely soon. The most recent version's had some time to settle in, so in the next week or two, once I get through finals and term papers, I can probably open it up.

Yay!
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 pm

Can mine be added into it somewhere too? :ugeek:
    Currently warring.
Military, including paramilitaries: uncounted; numerous warring factions (currently state of war)
Link to Tracker I-II-III-DERP!
Compass
Power comes only from the barrel of a gun - Mao Zedong
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DEFCON:
[0] Nuclear Armaggedon Inevitable, as well as Defend Reichland from Invasion!
Azrael wrote:Except that their entire appearance is a ruse!
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:You, I must admit, are a smart Commie. :clap:
Damanucus wrote:... better ones again.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Now open for new applications!
Also Known as Kazmr

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Region Name: Pony Lands
URL of Region: Pony Lands
URL of Map: Here
Scale of Map: 1 pixel = 4 km2
Requested Location: In the empty space north of Xanadou and East of Tetrakon (the various arrows off the map can be ignored.)
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included:

I know that Pony Lands is not a full RPing region, but I do think that the CoPS RPing group (based out of Pony Lands) has become a fairly significant RP group over the past few months. We'd be most honored if we could tie deeper into the greater world of NS RP. I understand completely if the decision is reached that pony nations are not something that are fully welcomed on the wider NS World Map, but I'd like to offer up my region and map for consideration.

I do note that parts of the map (espescially Northern Pony Lands) are not yet complete. I intend to be completing these very, VERY soon--at least with a general view of the continents and what not.

Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Region Name: Japanese Pan Asian Co Prosperity Sphere
URL of Region: http://www.nationstates.net/region=japa ... ity_sphere
URL of Map: http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10 ... rld_CI.png
Scale of Map: 1 pixel = 66.8 square kilometres
Requested Location: East of Minyang
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included: This region should be included due to the fact of which I wish to have a good proximity with other regions, as well as see where my region fits in the overall project. In addition, it would also solve the questions of distances in future role plays I might have.

URL of Map: http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10 ... alMap2.png
Scale of Map: 1 pixel = 36.8 square kilometres
Requested Location: South of the main region
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included: Same as above.

URL of Map: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4017/worldgen.png
Scale of Map: 1 pixel = 45.11 square kilometres
Requested Location: South of the above region

URL of Map: http://i44.tinypic.com/2yxeypl.png/
Scale of Map: 1 pixel = 21.23 square kilometres
Requested Location: South of the above region

I might possibly, try to get all maps together into one concise one I can give to you later on. Therefore, I might need some more time.
    Currently warring.
Military, including paramilitaries: uncounted; numerous warring factions (currently state of war)
Link to Tracker I-II-III-DERP!
Compass
Power comes only from the barrel of a gun - Mao Zedong
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. - Napoleon Bonaparte
DEFCON:
[0] Nuclear Armaggedon Inevitable, as well as Defend Reichland from Invasion!
Azrael wrote:Except that their entire appearance is a ruse!
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:You, I must admit, are a smart Commie. :clap:
Damanucus wrote:... better ones again.

Crystal Spires
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crystal Spires » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:18 am

Region Name:Mystria
URL of Region: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=137430
URL of Map:http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4024/mystriamapnameyuse.png
Scale of Map: 1 pixel= 59 kilometers, but do not take my word for it. So far the whole of Mystria is 20,268,045 km sq in area when I used Tibet as the proportional size of the Beastling States which is the RP size of the Beastling States of Crystal Spires and I scaled the rest of the region thusly if you need it.
Requested Location: South East of Adrastos or Northwest of Novos
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included: We're a strong roleplay region which gets involved with international affairs, and we intend to work with the greater international community as a whole.
Last edited by Crystal Spires on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read the Mystria Factbook if you want to Join the region, read the factbook and contact Spires.
1 2 3 4 5
Tech Level: FanT

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:33 am

I'd support the inclusion of the Pony Lands region into the NationStates Roleplaying World Map. I am of the believer that NationStates is a freeform roleplaying forum and thus creativity is encouraged, even if in some cases it meant for some of us to be more open-minded to things such as ponies, etc.

Some Pony Lands roleplayers, such as Lykosia, are also good roleplayers and tend to be active.

Wagdog
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Wagdog » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Yohannes wrote:I'd support the inclusion of the Pony Lands region into the NationStates Roleplaying World Map. I am of the believer that NationStates is a freeform roleplaying forum and thus creativity is encouraged, even if in some cases it meant for some of us to be more open-minded to things such as ponies, etc.

Some Pony Lands roleplayers, such as Lykosia, are also good roleplayers and tend to be active.

Likewise I echo these sentiments regarding the Pony Lands; and also support as well the addition of Mystria, especially. What I've seen in Mystria's threads as far as I've read them, and particularly Crystal Spires's works both Mystria-specific and set outside the region, illustrates in my view a region already composed of good writers and players, and already very much a presence in the greater International Incidents and NationStates RP worlds, that's also steadily improving from that good start. Scarce reason not to put it on the big map I should think, all that considered.
NSTracker | Nova
Alliances: Delian League (Member)|CASTLE (Member) | Kázmér Doctrine (Signatory) | Dagora Doctrine (Signatory)
Current Crises: Pending...
Current Wars: Pending...
DEFCON: | 3 - Yellow Alert |: Maximum Peacetime Readiness

Keep up the good fight; always unto the cure!

Urcea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Urcea » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 am

Region Name: Ixnay
URL of Region: http://www.nationstates.net/region=ixnay
URL of Map: Here This, cleaner version (albeit the orientation of Urcea is incorrect)
Scale of Map: Not sure. I think an inch is 500 miles? In any event, the scale is on the top right in the cleaner version.
Requested Location: Below Tyrrhenia
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included: Although it's a small region (member wise), it's one of the more community-minded and roleplay-intensive regions I've been in. Additionally, everything is very well organized - it isn't simply a bunch of amateur RPers doing their own thing. Simply put, it's a great little community and I think worthy of note on the map. The region has been around for quite a bit, and will continue to be around well into the future. Additionally, members in this region have strong ties to other nations elsewhere, such as my ties to Tyrrhenia and Great Valencia or New Chalcedon's ties to everyone :p
Last edited by Urcea on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Federal Republic of Urcea
President| Brianna Johnson
National Ideology| National Democracy
National Info/Links| Factbook, NSEconomy, Roman Catholic Church

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:45 pm

I'll try and get on IRC tonight, and review all current applicants.
Also Known as Kazmr

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 pm

The Nationstates World RPing Map

With the previous update now three months old, it's time to announce the next update to the World RPing Map. Seven potential regions were discussed over IRC, and two new regions shall be added. Additionally, one region will be replaced on the map. The inclusions for the next update are as follows:

• Ixnay and The Dark Lands will be added
  • Judea will be replaced by its soon to be successor, Ellorea
  • Any major geographic changes submitted by regional cartographers will also be made

Until the update is completed, all applications will be put on hold. Those who have previously submitted applications, but were not accepted, may reapply in three month's time.
Also Known as Kazmr

The Frossenjord Region CBAVA
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Frossenjord Region CBAVA » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:51 am

Reposted on next page.
Last edited by The Frossenjord Region CBAVA on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:34 am

Tag. I'm delighted to see a nice attempt at mapping.
By the way, is it possible that you could name the regions on the map?
Also, I'm really not entirely sure of how this works with climatological zones. I get the distinct impression it doesn't. Same goes for gravity, I presume? I shall, out of necessity, continue to follow the theory of fractal reality what with all of the overlapping histories. Hopefully this map does not mean to stop that?
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:02 pm

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:Tag. I'm delighted to see a nice attempt at mapping.
By the way, is it possible that you could name the regions on the map?
Also, I'm really not entirely sure of how this works with climatological zones. I get the distinct impression it doesn't. Same goes for gravity, I presume? I shall, out of necessity, continue to follow the theory of fractal reality what with all of the overlapping histories. Hopefully this map does not mean to stop that?

The names of the regions are already on the map. The thread title is the link to the main version of the map, which includes names.

As for climatological zones, it somewhat works, and somewhat doesn't. Regions are placed roughly where they would be, but it's not designed with real climate in mind, as regions have all developed their own independently. Gravity would be a bit of a challenge to compensate for on a world of this size, assuming it's made of the same materials as the real life earth. As for history, not at all does it attempt to stop that. It's just a guide to help nations that are in the regions on the map, which often RP with one another.
Also Known as Kazmr

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Ah yes... in our haste to get to the map, we didn't notice the title.

United Gordonopia wrote:It's just a guide to help nations that are in the regions on the map, which often RP with one another.

And a very delightful guide too.

(IC, non-continuum: His Imperial Majesty Alexander Whittingnet, Emperor of The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria, hereby commends your work.)

(EDIT: To reflect the non-continuous nature of the short IC sentence, which only applies if there is anyone to receive the commendation.)
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 pm

This is an OOC (out of character thread), I would just like to inform you that you don't need to speak IC (in-character) wise, as you've done when you addressed His Imperial Majesty Alexander Whittingnet, Emperor of The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:33 am

United Gordonopia, how is the update of the world map going?

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:08 pm

Yohannes wrote:United Gordonopia, how is the update of the world map going?

Waiting for Pudu to bet me a scaled map...
Also Known as Kazmr

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Ahh.. Okie Gord :p

Emporer Pudu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Emporer Pudu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:
Yohannes wrote:United Gordonopia, how is the update of the world map going?

Waiting for Pudu to bet me a scaled map...

Oohh, sorry, working on that. Coming soon!

Vitius
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Region Name: Lucerna
URL of Region: http://www.nationstates.net/region=lucerna
URL of Map: http://a.imageshack.us/img16/329/lucernamain2.png
Scale of Map: 1 pixel=100 square kilometers
Requested Location: Near the equator, preferably north of it, as such would correlate with the climate of our southern nations. Latitude does not much matter.
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included: Although Lucerna holds a small population, the population has not decreased; the population either stays constant or it slowly grows. While such a growth rate would be viewed as a negative aspect in the eyes of some, it allows for quick and efficient adjustments to be made for new members and to take the time to warmly welcome new members of our region.

Lucerna is very fond of roleplaying. At the moment, we're roleplaying on a couple of different threads and we're piecing together our regional history, through the first human settlement to the most recent of wars.

Our region has no government, as we see our nations as completely independent. Though Lucerna was not founded on ideals of democracy and freedom, we've had a previous issue in leaving our former region, Illuscinora (a good region, just not our type) in the hopes that all members could effectively decide upon and enact a particular decision.

This all just seems like rambling, I know, but the point is: Lucerna is a strong and friendly region. We'd like to be included in the broader NS roleplaying community.

Thank you =D
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information