NATION

PASSWORD

NS RPing World Map (Inactive)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

NS RPing World Map (Inactive)

Postby United Gordonopia » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Representing 13 regions, over 345 nations, and billions of sq. miles of the earth, the Nationstates World RPing map is a project headed by United Gordonopia and aided by the cartographers of the participating regions and the frequenters to the NSsanctuary IRC channel.

The map itself, designed to give RPers a sense of their location in relation to their peers, currently contains twelve major RPing regions ranging from old survivors such as Greater Dienstad and Gholgoth to new startups such as Minyang and Adrastos. Encompassing a colossal 14,400,000,000 sq. km, and stretching 150,000 km East to West and 96,000 km North to South, this map gives users just a small sense of the massive scale of the NS World.
Currently, applications are being taken to fill the limited amount of space available on the map. Note that the vast majority of islands in between regions are there for aesthetic purposes and can be removed. However, to preserve space for notable RPing regions, any and all applications will be taken to NS Sanctuary where they will be discussed for notability. Because of this, the majority of applicants must understand that it is likely they will get denied. Applications are limited to regions only. For individual nations, please telegram United Gordonopia.

Application Form (All Fields Required):

Code: Select all
Region Name:
URL of Region:
URL of Map:
Scale of Map:
Requested Location:
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included:

Landmass Only Version
Time Zone Version

We are currently on version 1.3
Version 1.0
Released August 20, 2011
  • Added Judea
  • Added Greater Dienstad
  • Added Nova
  • Added Varathron
  • Added Gholgoth
  • Added Tetrakon
  • Added Tyrrhenia
  • Added Minyang
  • Added Adrastos
  • Added peripheral geography
  • Created infobox

Version 1.01
Released August 22, 2011
  • Updated Minyang Geography
  • Realigned Regions
  • Corrected Infobox Spelling Error

Version 1.1
Released November 2, 2011
  • Added Xanadou
  • Gholgoth geography updated
  • Judea geography updated
  • Landmass-only version added

Version 1.11
Released November 22, 2011
  • Timezone version added

Version 1.2
Released March 28, 2012
  • Irkalla Added
  • Ixnay Added
  • Pardes added
  • Ellorea added
  • Xanadou removed
  • Judea removed
  • Tyrrhenia realigned
  • Infobox moved

Version 1.3
Released June 23, 2012
  • Sondria added
  • Pardes Elion added
  • Pardes removed
  • Tetrakon geography updated
  • Tetrakon rescaled
  • Infobox removed
  • Infobar added
  • Timezone map fixed
Last edited by United Gordonopia on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 16 times in total.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:34 am

Great work here UG, the last world map was horribly out of date.

Thanks for putting the work in mate.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 am

as there are several "worlds" active, I think one needs to be done for the Pacific rim,

with the US, West Pacific, (east asia, you could say), and the South Pacific.
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:42 am

Nice to see this thread finally up. Like I said in #Sanc, I think this is awesome. :3
Retired

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:51 am

First off, this is entirely from a player POV, and has nothing to do with any Moderator actions etc - just in case there are any questions that way.

The only argument I can see is where people run into problems with 'who gets to claim RL holdings' etc, etc, etc. It's always been a problem. Way back in the day, a good many of us solved this by ascribing to the theory that Reality Is Broken, and thus any number of things that shouldn't be possible are. Such as nations occupying what would be the same space physically, while not actually. Or how nations seem to come and go in our interactions. And other such things that can become problematic in rp's, and lead to a lot of grouching and bitchfesting.

A map can be very useful when dealing with a group of players who acknowledge one another. It can also be very limiting in eliminating others from said group due to others 'already having claimed', or there being disputes and the like.

I just wouldn't want to see it be used as a tool for denial or cliquishness or the like, as a player. Or giving any one player, group, or region more 'power' or 'influence' in the overall rp worlds than others. Hope that makes sense. Granted, we're all able to recognize and rp with who we want, and not with who we don't - it's just something that tends to come up whenever there's a big 'overall map' project come out, and it caught my attention on account.

Best of luck with it all - hope the project goes in a positive direction. :)

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:First off, this is entirely from a player POV, and has nothing to do with any Moderator actions etc - just in case there are any questions that way.

The only argument I can see is where people run into problems with 'who gets to claim RL holdings' etc, etc, etc. It's always been a problem. Way back in the day, a good many of us solved this by ascribing to the theory that Reality Is Broken, and thus any number of things that shouldn't be possible are. Such as nations occupying what would be the same space physically, while not actually. Or how nations seem to come and go in our interactions. And other such things that can become problematic in rp's, and lead to a lot of grouching and bitchfesting.

A map can be very useful when dealing with a group of players who acknowledge one another. It can also be very limiting in eliminating others from said group due to others 'already having claimed', or there being disputes and the like.

I just wouldn't want to see it be used as a tool for denial or cliquishness or the like, as a player. Or giving any one player, group, or region more 'power' or 'influence' in the overall rp worlds than others. Hope that makes sense. Granted, we're all able to recognize and rp with who we want, and not with who we don't - it's just something that tends to come up whenever there's a big 'overall map' project come out, and it caught my attention on account.

Best of luck with it all - hope the project goes in a positive direction. :)

Good commentary, you raise some excellent points. The primary purpose of this map is to be used as a tool by a group of regions that are primarily RPing regions who have contact with eachother and often do roleplays between the members. This does not mean that RPing with players off of the map is a no-no. Even when the old world map was in existence, there was still plenty of roleplays between players on and off it, but the map proved useful for RP's that were conducted on massive scales, roleplays between several members of the regions on it, and for smaller roleplays between just a few nations on it. Although I'm sure a very large number of people on the map see themselves as having more influence or power than other nations, due to the fact that they have been in an established RPing community for almost a decade in some cases, that is not it's purpose.

Aurora Confederacy wrote:as there are several "worlds" active, I think one needs to be done for the Pacific rim,

with the US, West Pacific, (east asia, you could say), and the South Pacific.

You are perfectly welcome to create your own map, this is in no way intended as a map to end all maps, as is obviously stated in the OP.
Also Known as Kazmr

LOVE DOG
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby LOVE DOG » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:56 pm

Count this as tag for now, Gordon. As I only started up Glasya-Labolas last night and waiting for my bro, Carta, to finish our map. When she (Aka the map) is done, I'll post an app.
Last edited by LOVE DOG on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Nice Gord! Looks really great. Although, perhaps you could add in the equator and other relative lines of interest. Thanks!
Last edited by Solm on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Rusikstan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rusikstan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Solm wrote:Nice Gord! Looks really great. Although, perhaps you could add in the equator and other relative lines of interest. Thanks!

Probably not the greatest of ideas, IMHO, unless you are going to regulate each region to a specfic spot of climate. I know that Tetra covers many climate zones, and I know others do too. Again just my two cents
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.

lolz ensued

Cyrupe wrote:Canadians are not good at electronics, hence why you never see them at the top of ANYTHING in the technology industry. Bowling ball track pads are the perfect example of this.

Wamitoria wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:What is the likelihood of a tactical nuke being used in this situation?

Well, the OP was looking for advice for an IC war in II, so I suppose that they would be used almost immediately.
Demonym: Rusich for singular and plural uses.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:08 pm

I like it so far, looks very good.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:57 pm

-bumped just to give it a bit more exposure-
Also Known as Kazmr

The State of Monavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The State of Monavia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Will Azhukali, Azhukali South, Tarquinia, and Guanxi be added? These four RP regions are on par with the others on this map and could possibly belong in the many blank spaces that have yet to be filled in.

Also, I would have thought from my past experiences RPing and reading NS Wiki descriptions of interregional relationships that Nova was located closer to Greater Dienstad and that Azhukali is located to the northeast of Nova where you have another region.
——✠ ✠——THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION OF THE MONAVIAN EMPIRE——✠ ✠——
FACTBOOKS AND LOREROLEPLAY CANONDIPLOMATIC EXCHANGE

MY GUIDES ON ROLEPLAYING DIPLOMACY, ROLEPLAY ETIQUETTE, CREATING A NEW NATION,
LEARNING HOW TO ROLEPLAY (FORTHCOMING), AND ROLEPLAYING EVIL (PART ONE)

Seventeen-Year Veteran of NationStates ∙ Retired N&I Roleplay Mentor
Member of the NS Writing Project and the Roleplayers Union
I am a classical monarchist Orthodox Christian from Phoenix, Arizona.

✠ᴥ✠ᴥ✠

/‾‾ʽʼ‾‾\

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 pm

The State of Monavia wrote:Will Azhukali, Azhukali South, Tarquinia, and Guanxi be added? These four RP regions are on par with the others on this map and could possibly belong in the many blank spaces that have yet to be filled in.

Also, I would have thought from my past experiences RPing and reading NS Wiki descriptions of interregional relationships that Nova was located closer to Greater Dienstad and that Azhukali is located to the northeast of Nova where you have another region.

Azhukali is dead, as is Tarquinia ( which was refounded by some random guy ).
Retired

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:25 pm

The way I see things, no NS roleplay should be entirely superpowers. Therefore, I offer my RPing region of Stania into the mix. We're basically a (comparatively) second-and-third world region, of which I am the only notable world power. Of course, there is the small issue of it being composed entirely of my puppets and I, but hey, it's there for flavor. Kandaristan is always popular for foreign intervention RPs, and we have at least three international terrorist cells in the mix to spice things up.
If you're interested, I'll fill out a formal application.
Last edited by Lolzieristan on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:27 pm

The State of Monavia wrote:Will Azhukali, Azhukali South, Tarquinia, and Guanxi be added? These four RP regions are on par with the others on this map and could possibly belong in the many blank spaces that have yet to be filled in.

Azhukali is dead, though Tetrakon is one of it's split-offs. Tarquinia died about 6 months ago, and it's successor RP's separately. Guanxi has to prove that they've recovered from their near collapse.
Also Known as Kazmr

Rusikstan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rusikstan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Well there is no such region as Azhukali South as that was just a sub-group of Azhukali (Such as Azhu Proper, Azhu North, Azhu East, Azhu South). That doesn't matter though as what Milograd stated is correct, Azhukali is pretty much dead. There are still Rpers there, but those that were active have moved on for the most part. Azhukali's active population is split between Tetrakon and Adrastos, both are on this map.

:D
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.

lolz ensued

Cyrupe wrote:Canadians are not good at electronics, hence why you never see them at the top of ANYTHING in the technology industry. Bowling ball track pads are the perfect example of this.

Wamitoria wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:What is the likelihood of a tactical nuke being used in this situation?

Well, the OP was looking for advice for an IC war in II, so I suppose that they would be used almost immediately.

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Rusikstan wrote:. Azhukali's active population is split between Tetrakon and Adrastos, both are on this map.

You can't forget Ivan's region. :<
Retired

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Region Name: Stania
URL of Map: http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n533/Lolzieristan/StaniaMapv10.jpg?t=1314242972 (I apologize for the crudeness, that's v1.0)
Scale of Map: 1 in. equals 350 miles
Requested Location: In the triangle between Tetrakon, Tyrrhenia, and Adrastos.
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included: This region is used to being the plaything of world superpowers, as I have used it in two Cold War RPs, two counter-terrorism/insurgency RPs, and many more are planned. It also has its own organic history, going back all the way to the 1200s, and is administrated by one person. The countries already have established and logical diplomatic interactions, have declared war on each other in the past, etc.
In my opinion, a Nationstates roleplaying region that lacks a second or third world area is simply missing out. After all, simply watching superpowers declare wars and negotiate for peace three pages later over and over again gets old rather fast. However, if one had the opportunity to interact with a Caribbean or Central Asian tinpot dictatorship, or come to the aid of the pacifistic but oil-rich country it invades, this would be alleviated quite a bit. And, of course, since these countries are mostly my puppets or RL friends, there would never be a miscommunication amongst us, and we would be able to devise wonderful new ways to interact with the world at large. Finally, there are three different international terrorist cells being harbored in the region, Islamic, Communist, and Anarchist. Something to fit everyone's taste!
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:03 pm

The Nationstates World RPing Map

Lolzieristan wrote:Region Name: Stania
URL of Map: http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n533/Lolzieristan/StaniaMapv10.jpg?t=1314242972 (I apologize for the crudeness, that's v1.0)
Scale of Map: 1 in. equals 350 miles
Requested Location: In the triangle between Tetrakon, Tyrrhenia, and Adrastos.
Brief Summary of Why This Region Should Be Included: This region is used to being the plaything of world superpowers, as I have used it in two Cold War RPs, two counter-terrorism/insurgency RPs, and many more are planned. It also has its own organic history, going back all the way to the 1200s, and is administrated by one person. The countries already have established and logical diplomatic interactions, have declared war on each other in the past, etc.
In my opinion, a Nationstates roleplaying region that lacks a second or third world area is simply missing out. After all, simply watching superpowers declare wars and negotiate for peace three pages later over and over again gets old rather fast. However, if one had the opportunity to interact with a Caribbean or Central Asian tinpot dictatorship, or come to the aid of the pacifistic but oil-rich country it invades, this would be alleviated quite a bit. And, of course, since these countries are mostly my puppets or RL friends, there would never be a miscommunication amongst us, and we would be able to devise wonderful new ways to interact with the world at large. Finally, there are three different international terrorist cells being harbored in the region, Islamic, Communist, and Anarchist. Something to fit everyone's taste!

After discussion on the NSSanctuary IRC channel, the application for Stania has been, unfortunately, denied. This is due to several reasons, the most notable of which are below.

• The Region of Stania was founded only today, while the map is intended for use by well-known, active RPing regions
  • The nations located in Stania are all controlled by the same nation
  • The map provided is to rough to allow for an easy transfer to the world map

Although we try to accommodate as many established RPing regions as possible, we are unable to include every region due to size limitations. You are welcome to apply again in 2 months should you feel that your region has advanced and has moved past the above mentioned reasons for denial.
Last edited by United Gordonopia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Also Known as Kazmr

Rusikstan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rusikstan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:33 am

Milograd wrote:
Rusikstan wrote:. Azhukali's active population is split between Tetrakon and Adrastos, both are on this map.

You can't forget Ivan's region. :<

Krandovia (sp?), it has like 8 people. Only 1 is a fmr Azhole. If we must though.

Azhukali was split between Tetrakon, Adrastos and Ivan denied both yelling, screw you guys I'm making my own region.

lolz ensued

Wamitoria wrote:

LOVE DOG
Minister

Founded: Apr 24, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby LOVE DOG » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Rusikstan wrote:
Milograd wrote:You can't forget Ivan's region. :<

Krandovia (sp?), it has like 8 people. Only 1 is a fmr Azhole. If we must though.

Azhukali was split between Tetrakon, Adrastos and Ivan denied both yelling, screw you guys I'm making my own region.

And this all happens when crazy little me was AWOL. So...I went my own way. Hopefully, my map maker buddy 'Milo' can get our map ready and stuff.

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm tagging this now so I don't have to dig through II again.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:48 pm

-shameless little bumpity bump-
Also Known as Kazmr

Milograd
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:56 am

Yo Gordonopia, Gholgoth has been making some changes internally over the last two weeks, so I'll be giving you an updated map soon ( if that is alright with you ).
Retired

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 am

United Gordonopia wrote:-shameless little bumpity bump-

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads