NATION

PASSWORD

What Does your Military Excel In?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Occidens Praseodymia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Occidens Praseodymia » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Pacifism

Birgenland
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Birgenland » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:16 am

Guerilla warfare in the barren landscape. We liberated ourselves from the Germans in 6 months. Our naval power is also of noticable size, bit is meant for green water purposes.

Torculmania
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Torculmania » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:11 am

The Torculmanian military is renowned for its leadership and tactics and also for its defense. Torculmania has a strong military but will rarely attack a nation and its military is used for defense only.
So this is how this works

Penguinya
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinya » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:12 am

Cool information.
I use NS stats because the Pacific has a guidebook.
I’m Penguinya, a nation which is themed off of penguins, but we have humans too and aims to build a big military. It's just hard to answer issues correctly sometimes...

Hey, I'm Penguinya, a dude residing in Canuckland. Penguinya mostly doesn’t represent my RL views.

German Fomee
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby German Fomee » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:13 am

They excel in being mediocre but cocky and having a Superiority complex
man i love my military, Bewaffnete Krafte
Last edited by German Fomee on Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
A German Nation Led by Kaiser Muller, Proud and Prone to acting with Superiority.
Kaiser Lukas Muller is Gay
German Fomee in it's Current Form has been Declared independent 6 times!

Synne Industries
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Synne Industries » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:33 am

Bombing the sh█t out of just about anything. This applies to both terrestrial Synnia and the Initiative, neither are willing to put in the resources to occupy enemy territory so they ensure that whatever was bothering them stays in line for the next few decades by slagging them into the stone age.

Hi, it's been a while. If you're seeing this then it means what I'm working on is not quite done yet. You can still read my old stuff but it's probably not canon anymore. I'll try to get something up soon. It may or may not involve wizards.

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:35 am

Naval Warfare
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

The Grey Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grey Isles » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:42 am

Winter warfare
Long live the emperor, rule The Grey Isles and god save our empire

Brogosilavia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogosilavia » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Guerilla resistance. The whole National People's Army has been built around the idea of total national defense. We do not have the means to wage an aggressive war, but nobody will ever occupy our national territory succesfully. The traditions from the second world war, our victory over the nazis.

Kalimar
Civilian

Founded: Jul 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalimar » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:30 pm

As we are an island our navy is the strongest aspect of our military and receives the most funding.

Haremm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haremm » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:03 am

Being somewhat a pacifist, the nation has only a few men serving in the military.
The Air Navy has the most spending and is considered to be crucial to the Haremish Defense Forces.
The nation has a technologically advanced military from reverse engineering a crash-landed alien ship.

Haremm does not necessarily reflect my personal views and opinions.

Coconut Palm Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Palm Island » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:03 pm

Technically every able-bodied citizen is considered a part of the "militia", but service is always voluntary. Basically, because of the small size of our military, citizens are organized and trained by the government to defend their communities, and assigned areas of the Island. The militia isn't really good at much except being heavily armed (like all citizens) and being very spirited about defending the Islands (because the areas they would be defending is their home).

The small, professional military is best at covert operations, asymmetrical warfare, and assassinations. We aren't large enough to get involved in foreign conflicts, but we're just big enough to protect our interests abroad and keep ourselves from being threatened.
His Royal Majesty King Alexander
King of Coconut Palm Island
News: King, Senators back bipartisan climate change initiative. | Heat wave possibly responsible for four-hour power outage in the capital, Largo Beach. | Senator under investigation for allegedly taking bribes found to be innocent, all major parties agree. |

Broader Confederate States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Not being asked to return the naval fleet after the 2039 Articles of Secession. Also logistics, what with being able to built a whole fleet of nuclear powered vessels without having cheap access to oil and having to synthesize plastics from seawater and carbon dioxide. As for the Army, well, how well do you imagine a whole military comprised of sharpshooting hicks who got their first gun as a 9th birthday present and who have legal access to explosives might go?
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.
--proud to be anti-federalist--

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:08 pm

Being massive and waaaayyyy over-funded
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Gutaiai
Secretary

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gutaiai » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:10 pm

Being small but highly advanced and efficient.
NYC but populated by the Germanic Goths

Our Current Borders and Internal Situation

VlaRiSsiA
Envoy

Founded: Oct 16, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby VlaRiSsiA » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Our military excels in sheer size, being 300 million strong. It also has highly advanced technology, being in the late 22nd century. Our elite troops are exceptionally skilled at combat and have an undefeatable morale. We also excel in brutality, committing war crimes wherever we can.
Shrek may or may not have killed three hundred million people
tl;dr - after nuclear war, corrupt oligarchical hellhole emerges. ogre leads revolution, kills oligarchs after civil war, improves quality of life with progressive social policies and industrialization. couple foreign invasions, assassination attempts, personal losses, and rebellions later, ogre goes psychotic and kills anyone he’s sus of. then a fascist midget invades and kills third of the population, ogre manages to defeat him but goes completely bonkers.
now we got a hyper-totalitarian hyper-militaristic industrial hive-mind quasi-slave state that the ogre 70 years ago would be horrified at
pro: communism, progressivism, national liberation, internationalism
anti: capitalism, imperialism, fascism, conservatism

Cascadia Ecotopia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascadia Ecotopia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Forest and heavy terrain warfare (snow, mountains, etc.).

Altemoosburg II
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Altemoosburg II » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Cavalry, Artillery, and Infantry
I am a Polish Germanic nation situated in Eastern Europe, consisting of Poland, Belarus, Lithuania, and the Russian Province of Kaliningrad, I am a Conservative, and against Fascism , communism, or any radical ideology

Cat-Herders United
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cat-Herders United » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Mobility - many of our people are nomads, and historically almost all were. Our military tradition reflects this. We are masters of maneuver, the feigned retreat, fighting retreat, evasion, flanking, redevelopment, etc. Invaders will operate on the information that a certain unit has been spotted at a particular place, but by the time they act, that unit could be halfway across the country... or right athwart their supply lines! The mass of firepower that larger and more militaristic nations can bring to bear will hit nothing but the spot we previously were, like trying to punch mist.

But it’s not just the military that is unusually mobile. We have emergency plans to rapidly move entire industries and urban populations across the country, and what cannot be relocated can be destroyed, leaving nothing for the enemy. Since our main nourishment is cat milk, our cloth is cat wool, and our shelter can easily be a tent woven of the same wool like in the days of old, we can supply our civilian and military populations with the essentials even while engaged in such scourched-earth operations.

Stealth/concealment - whether it is the individual soldier demonstrating a mastery of field craft, or units practicing the fine art of ambush, stealth has ancient roots in cat-herder warfare. This means that invaders can never truly secure ground or their supply chain.

In modern days, our navy and special forces also practice stealth at a world-class level.

Weaknesses: on the other hand, we under-invest in static defense, only fortifying in a few key locations. Furthermore we currently have an all-volunteer military without the population to be a super power, so it will always take time for the number of trained personnel to catch up to the need in times of crisis. Our biggest weakness is power projection, as our navy lacks aircraft carriers, focusing on sinking enemy invaders, harassing their shipping, and lobbing nukes at their coastal cities from underwater. We rely on diplomacy to acquire use of power projection infrastructure.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:32 am

Absolute destruction well now at least. You see a long time ago when the Chief Justice was gaining power the Military was not under his control so it was hard to get them on his side but as time went on the more powerful he became as well as brutal he became then the military leadership who opposed his rule disappeared and loyal members replaced them and the military then fell in line.

One example is that we destroyed a planet not just blowing it up but making it absolutely dead no multi or single cell life above on or below the surface along with no water or vital minerals for plants to grow. Then we used special devices to create a runaway greenhouse effect and now you got a planet that is so hot and hostile no one will ever explore or live there again.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Megistos
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Megistos » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:36 am

Our spaceforce. Combined with our soon coming antimatter warheads, we'll be almost unstoppable.
Ambassador To Canada

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:02 am

Waging a war of independence against the People's Republic of China and WINNING. Also developing a prototype orbital ion cannon superweapon that will render nukes obsolete.
Last edited by Glorious Hong Kong on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

Free Republic of Hong Kong
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 pm

The "secret destructive weapon" and its fanatical and high-trained military
HKTV News = An terrorist affliated with Tupeia bombs National Tower killing 154 people and 677 injured NTV News = Communist Alliance leader Kwok Wan sentenced to exile due to treason, SBC News = First free and fair elections held in Sichuan, estimates Zhao Waofang from SDP will win

The Municipalities of Antarctica
Secretary

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Municipalities of Antarctica » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Utilizing way too many funds for weapons that should be outdated by modern standards but still get used to this day... as effective tools of war.
~ The Stalwart Federation of Antarctic Municipalities. ~
A concoction of bureaucratic complexity, frigid weather, and occasional disasters. Managed by an Administrative Governorship and an unstable Representative Council.
Current Year: 2022 AD.
This nation does not represent my Political or personal views, not entirely. It does, however, use most NS stats. Normal canon also assumes a mostly-normal Earth.
Take everything said on this account with a grain of salt, most of it is uninformed. Also never happy with anything, constantly reworking and reformatting.
Typical activity times go from 7-9 AM to 10-12 PM MST (UTC-7). If you want me to react to you, please be aware of this timing. Proud Member of The Pacific.

Independence Hill
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Independence Hill » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:07 pm

We make drones that blast various ice cream truck themes while destroying the enemy.
NS stats are canon. We are not a copy of the United States of America, just a nation with American elements. The large star in the middle of our flag is to symbolize the executive nation as a uniting force while the crown above is to symbolize that this executive nation also has central banking powers. We are still a democratic republic, with a president, two houses of congress, and a judicial branch.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information