NATION

PASSWORD

How does your nation to treat your Gypsy population?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The Godly Nations
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

How does your nation to treat your Gypsy population?

Postby The Godly Nations » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:24 am

If we ever spot a Gypsy or a Pikey camp, we immediately burn it down, before shipping all the gypsies to the nearest factory or mansion to become a servant (unpaid of course).

Communtopia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: How does your nation to treat your Gypsy population?

Postby Communtopia » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:40 am

We force the Gypsies to settle down Government housing, and work in either a collective farm or a government factory.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:43 am

We have always answered that issue by letting the gypsies camp wherever they wish. Our national profile will tell you that gypsy camps often block our highways (though the WA has an exaggerated idea of the width of our highways).

Greater Vancoova
Attaché

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Vancoova » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 am

Execution.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:48 am

Our Rromane have campgrounds all over the empire set aside for them.

Pakidaotuz
Secretary

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pakidaotuz » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

My Empire would let the women and the girls stay and make the males leave the country or face 150 years in prison.

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

We let them stay on Govermental Plots where they pay a price of $4 per wagon per 3 nights.
If they do not pay, they are sentenced to 20 years prison.
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

Greater Vancoova wrote:Execution.

Don't sugar-coat it. 'Execution' of an entire ethnic group is called genocide.

Meekinos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Meekinos » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:53 am

There is no profit in it, therefore no such things exist in the nation of Meekinos. There is no way to know how we would 'treat' such individuals. Of course, should they exist, the laws that apply to Meekinosians would apply to them, which would mean their children would be subject to the same education as the rest of the population, and the education would indoctrinate the philosophies espoused in the MCM. A single generation would turn to the pursuit of happiness through profit as dictated by the Prophets of Profit. They would not be forced to do anything but Meekinosian society is heavily capitalist and those who shun the ways of the Ancient Gods or the prophets are often poor and fall beneath the radar of society. Those who follow the path are never poor even if their income is less, for they are still rich so long as they have profit, no matter how little. Profit is happiness.
Ambassador Gavriil Floros
Meekinos' Official WA Ambassador
Deputy Treasurer, North Pleides Merchant's Syndicate
CEO & Financial Manager of Delta Energy Ltd.
Madame Elina Nikodemos
Executive Senior Delegate
Educator
The Hellenic Republic of Meekinos
Factbook: Your Friendly Guide to Meekinos
The paranoid, isolationist, xenophobic capitalists.

Great Imperium Romanum
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Imperium Romanum » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:56 am

We do not have a Gypsy population...

*Ahem*
Last edited by Great Imperium Romanum on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:56 am

We don't have any.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Vaulkhar
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaulkhar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:57 am

Simply, we give them two choices, work at sweat shop levels or be systemaicly gathered up and shot in the back of the head.

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 am

After centuries of persecution at the hands of prejudiced gadjes, Romanies from all over the world have found a safe haven in Gynocracy.

As Her Magnificence Queen Saint Linda the Magnificent is Herself of Romani blood, she has always welcomed them and they now make up 43% of the population.

Romanes (the gypsy language - though of course there are many different dialects of it) is a compulsory subject in school just as English is.

They are allowed to be kennicks (house-dwellers), to live on specially designated sites, or simply to jaul the drom (travel the road) in the traditional way.

Even the flag of Gynocracy is also the Romani flag.

Opre Roma! (Roma arise!)

Plastra leste! (Rouse yourselves!)

The Roma in our nation are very pleased if you take the trouble to learn words like 'mishto' (please) and 'nais tukes' (thank you.)

Mishto hom me dikava tute - I am pleased to see you.
'Femina supra mundum' - Women over the world.

Nobodishal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobodishal » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:01 am

I believe my nation allows them to use public land, but if found on appropriately marked private property, they are jailed and their property (Wagons and such, not clothing, food, etc.) is taken and sold.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:12 am

They are treated as per British law on Gypsy/travellers.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Bahrrenland
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bahrrenland » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 am

For all 'humans' who trespass within our borders, we have just one policy.

;)
Last edited by Bahrrenland on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ein Folk, Ein Reek, Ein Fuhrriest!"

(Bahrrenland ist humanfrei.)

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:15 am

Astholm wrote:They are treated as per British law on Gypsy/travellers.

In other words, they're STILL the only ethnic minority it's LEGAL to discriminate against, legal to harass, abuse, beat up and generally treat as lowlife scum.

Yeah, come to Gynocracy, miri pheni, miri prala!

Amaro atchin-tan varekai latsho!

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:17 am

Gynocracy wrote:

In other words, they're STILL the only ethnic minority it's LEGAL to discriminate against, legal to harass, abuse, beat up and generally treat as lowlife scum.

Not quite that way. The law is on the books, but they are treated with common courtesy.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:22 am

Crookfur has never really had any notable Romanie population although there is a long established tradition of travaling trade families although with the opening up of education, communication and transportation sicne the indsutrial revolution thier role has alrgely faded. Those traveling families that still exist tend to be active in the entertainment industry either as entertainers themselves or as road crews for others. One of the msot cost effective means for an artist or group to tour Crookfur is to join one of the crews on the traditional Bard Trail, the families and crews are following it anyway and will happily rent transport. The larger families/crew do tend to own thier own logiistical compounds which are legally treated in the same way as and often found next to logistics centres for more conventional large companies.

Outside of motorways it is legal to stop and indeed pitch camp at the side of Crookfur roads for upto 4 days as long as you do not cause obstruction or inconveicne to anyone else and don't break any enviromental protection rules.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Void Templar
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Void Templar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am

If you're badass enough to travel around Lonun in a caravan, we won't mess with you.
The gypsy's are allowed to go pretty much anywhere (apart from near military bases of course) and are sometimes paid by the government to act as extra eyes and ears. If their information proves to be false, we take their eyes and ears. Fair trade.
I had a mental image of Leonidas yelling THIS IS FANTASY and kicking a demon down a well. ~ Ravea
Tokos wrote:It is perfectly clear that the British are racist bastards who are on an eternal quest to destroy all that is Indian. That's why so many Indians live in the United Kingdom. They're masochists.

Macante wrote:Those chavs, always loitering around on street corners, justifying British rule in India...

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am

Gynocracy wrote:

All Rromane are welcome in the Empire as well. :hug:

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 am

Good for you! At least you treat us like human beings!

(I'm sick of the number of times I've been racially abused over the years - especially by people from the Indian subcontinent where my ancestral tribes (the Banjalas) stlll live!

(Sorry, I'm getting out of character! I care passionately about my people and their treatment.)

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:18 am

In the Iglesian Archipelago, Gypsies are treated equally as everyone.

Gynocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Gynocracy » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 am

You're a latsho mushi (good man!)

Bukhziristan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bukhziristan » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:37 am

The national police usually arrests them because they usually try to burn our flag, they usually protest about ligelizing durgs and they usually live in the outskrits of Bukhziristan.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information