NATION

PASSWORD

Good vs. Evil

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Gregori Guards
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gregori Guards » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:34 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
The Batorys wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Jordtopia wrote:We're Good guys, here to kick the bad guys squarely on the ass!

Good guys do not engage the enemy's rearends like cowardly swine.

We attack from the front, like proper civilised gentlemen and boot them in the bullocks.

We fight wars to win, not to ponce about like a bunch of school boys playing tin soldiers.

You unsporting bounders, it's degenerates like yourself all concerned with "winning" and whatnot that is ruining the game for the rest of us. And like any civilised sport there are rules to follow.

such as?

also is it unsporting if i use a Volo telekinetic half-demon to deflect your artillery barrages away?
THIS IS AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE VERSION OF WANJESTAY.
Factbook (of sorts)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=66060

Apertior
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Apertior » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:32 pm

We deny that "good" and "evil" have meaning in any significant sense at all. It is impossible to derive an "ought" from an "is". No factual state of affairs can logically entail any sort of moral action. Empirical verification and testing inevitably lead to the conclusion that concepts such as "good" and "evil" don't really describe any concrete or objective qualities or relations

Morality is neither objective or subjective. It is without any meaning at all: a sort of vague ontological fiction that is merely a symbol for our emotional responses to certain events.
But remember that the Captain belongs to the most dangerous enemy of truth and freedom, the solid unmoving cattle of the majority.
Oh, God, the terrible tyranny of the majority.

Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Illithar
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Illithar » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:17 pm

IC: Illithar would define itself as the "good guys", because they believe they are the true light of civilization and they are spreading the will of the gods. They believe their own moral/honor code makes them the good guys.

OOC: It's much more of a gray area. They're authortarian (evil) and racist (evil) but they allow gay marriage (good) and consider homo/bisexuality to be natural (good) but they shoot the transgendered (evil). They're very enviromentaly concious (good) but make free use of nuclear/chemical/biological weapons (evil). They're capitalists (grey) who believe in freedom (good), fight slavery (good) but worship their emperor (evil?) and oppress other religions (evil). Also imperialistic (grey), expansionistic (evil) and militaristic (evil?).

So...it's hard to say.
Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht. "Man plans, God laughs"
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
FactBook of Illithar

Himeu
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Evil or Good

Postby Himeu » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:20 am

I like to be some where in the gray. Black and white is too boring.

Smullania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Smullania » Sun May 15, 2011 5:53 am

Before I reply, I should probably explain that were you to ask the Leader he would claim it was a beautiful land of peace and goodwill. However, the actual rulers are sadistic and evil. Their word is law. We torture, kill and invade just for the fun of it. We are utterly despicable. Our troops are not even given weapons beyond sticks half the time, and anyone who doesn't enjoy pain has no place in the current regime. We are evil. :twisted: :evil:

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sun May 15, 2011 6:41 am

Epic gravedig.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Sun May 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Himeu wrote:I like to be some where in the gray. Black and white is too boring.

Agreed.

Xanicea is "good" in the sense that we have good intentions. Our political leaders, strict as they may be, are looking out for the people's interests and trying to protect and rebuild our country in the wake of a destructive 10 year Civil War. So in a sense, we're hopefuls and we are optimistic about what the future holds. We may do rash things at times, but our nation is newly founded, and our leader, Premier Ivan Vroronin, is sincere with his interests at best. If anything, Xanicea is a good nation under bad circumstances. Our evils stem from our need to rebuild...

Which brings us to why we are evil... Xanicea is "evil" in the sense that our economy is based around militarism. Our largest industry, Arms Manufacturing, has been nationalized with the created of Xanicean Weapons and Vehicular Manufactorium, a nation-wide, government-sponsored, arms manufacture which has given hundreds of thousands of Xaniceans jobs within the last few years (as part of Prime Minister Kokolov's Transitional Economic Policy and Premier Voronin's Great Leap Forward). Without war and combat, many of our people would be out of a job and our nation would be poorer than poor. We thirst for war, as it is but an excuse for us to sell our products and advertise them in the greatest way possible - by showing them off.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sun May 15, 2011 7:01 pm

I will use the DnD scale because it is better.

Overall: Lawful Evil- We like laws, and we are willing to do whatever is necessary to maintain them. Whether it is fighting a civil war against fascists, fighting a civil war against communists, invading Restova, or holding off Leazus (NN), Scandera (Imeriata), Tergnitz, and Restova all at once. If we have to gas entire armies to win so be it, if we have to use technology and tactics that our enemies consider unfair, or dirty, or cheap, so be it.

Government: Lawful Neutral/Stupid- If we have a law it must be followed the way it was written. If the speed limit is 50 km/h it is 50 km/h, not 51km/h, not 52 km/h. Also, when we say gender equality we mean it, women can serve in the military, and are equal to men, that means they are held to the same physical standards, must shave their heads like men, are given the same equipment as men (including condoms), sleep in the same barracks as men, shower alongside men, and are punished the same ways men are punished.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Lodricar
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lodricar » Sun May 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Above average in good, but not too much. We have our flaws, weaknesses and twisted people, but, in general, we're good.
Factbook.
We will battle for our Kingdom; we are more than conquerors. - Impending Doom
I'm gonna heat the blade
I'm gonna ride this pain.
Unconquered.
Life's a fatal disease without a cure
but as it kills me I'll stare right in it's eye.
- Lamb Of God

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Sun May 15, 2011 7:16 pm

The Republic is overall True Neutral, some times straying into Neutral Good. Generally, we just call out dictators as we see them, and will only get involved in something militarily if our citizens are at risk . The straying into Neutral Good is when we intervene to defend democracy on occasion and to stop slave trade all the time. Domestically, people are free.

The Army is more Lawful Good, to stupid levels sometimes; the code of honor it to be followed at all times.
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

Xirius
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xirius » Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 am

The colony of Xirius is, all things considered, lawful neutral, with quite a bit of both lawful good and lawful evil.

The lawful good aspects are that we lead no attack wars except preemptive strikes, which hardly involve the army or any collateral damage, except in the rare cases when the problem is considered unresolvable...
Also the citizens have many civil rights, excellent free healthcare, get provided with free rations to make sure nobody starves and get high-quality housing and amusement facilities from the government. All kinds of work that are considered below human (or any sentient species' ) dignity are done by non-sentient robots.
The chaotic good aspects are that as a result of that, nobody needs to work since no living person is needed to maintain the infrastructure, but everybody can work if they like, for example in arts and science, and get a huge bonus from the government for it.

The lawful neutral aspects are that the government uses genetic engineering to improve the next generation of it's citizens and that both concieving and raising children requires a permit. Since well-maintained cloning factories make sure the colony never runs out of citizens, only high-qualified or persecutet immigrants are allowed in, and sometimes the latter are also sold back to their persecutors, depending on for what they get persecuted.

The lawful evil aspects are the massive mental programming of the developing clones, the option of the government to declare any other way of reproduction illegal at any time, genetic changes like asexuality in smaller settlements to make the population easier to control and the brainwashing of anybody who commits any significant crimes. Since we allways can clone more, life is also extremely cheap when it comes to dangers to the government from within or without. Also, the citizens have very little influence on the government. Since it is a non-democratic technocracy, all they can do without repercussions is writing complaints.
The chaotic evil aspects are that a good share of the military are clones of psychopathic serial killers and secret agents are authorized to use suitcase nukes and biological weapons if the situation is considered unresolvable and war can not be avoided any other way.

Terdiatlans
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2010
Anarchy

Postby Terdiatlans » Sun May 29, 2011 6:21 am

Terdiatlans - The Supreme Omniversial(more than Extreme) evil.
We conquer worlds and destroy massive galactic empires without any mercy, we kill all weak people or use them as slaves. Only the Infernal Omniversial Demons, the Demigods, are more evil than us. They are pure evil.
Explore original maps and infographics on my website!
https://www.halcyonmaps.com/

H-Alba
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby H-Alba » Sun May 29, 2011 6:28 am

I, personally, view H-Alba on the spectrum of "good". People are free to be who they are, and who they wish too be. But it is certainly not perfect. H-Alba has limited political freedoms, due to H-Alba being a Absolute Monarchy.
I serve Queen and Country

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun May 29, 2011 6:32 am

using Dungeon's and Dragon's style,Agritum is Lawful Neutral

Herlda
Spokesperson

Founded: May 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Herlda » Sun May 29, 2011 10:13 am

I am neither good nor Evil and I only need t devour planets to keep the universe in check, it is not my fault if a herald leads me to a populated planet, I simply arrive to eat.

The Supreme Truth
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Truth » Sun May 29, 2011 10:16 am

Actively slaughtering all opposition to a middle aged Japanese man who refers to himself as the Human Embodiment of Wisdom... I'd say we're good.
The Holy State of the Supreme Truth
Government Type: Theocratic Totalitarian Police State, Personal Psychotic Dictatorship
Head of State: Human Embodiment of Wisdom
Head of Government: Council of Magistrates
Military Size: 250,000,000 Conscripted Men
Number of Warheads: Unknown (Less Than 50,000)

Aquarica
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquarica » Sun May 29, 2011 10:19 am

Definitely good. We may follow the general maxim of 'Make love or war', but generally, more people love our citizens and nation than hate it.
Aquarica is a nation populated by half- mermaids, with over 90% females and less than 10% men.
Female :3
Celestial Divinities wrote:
Aquarica wrote:Become lesbian. Helped in my case. Maybe you're just unsure about your sexuality?

I'm sure that I'm bisexual.

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Sun May 29, 2011 10:41 am

Middle ground leaning slightly towards evil. We are very militaristic and somewhat fascist but we are against terrorism, killing of innocents, ex.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sun May 29, 2011 11:51 am

Of course we're good. We allow our people to do whatever is necessary to ensure their own success. The only restrictions are against being against Leader Megatron and the Decepticon Way.

Those who think it's Wrong that the above includes allowing raiding, deactivating personal enemies, defending ourselves with lethal force, vengeance, working scams, and enslaving those we conquer are the ones who are wrong. What's Wrong is forcing people to rely on their government for their most basic needs of self-advancement and self-protection. The forced infantilization of a nation's own population is far worse than anything we do.

~Department of Propaganda
~Victorious Decepticons

----------------

Psht. This place is Chaotic Neutral at its best, and usually is Chaotic Evil! Who is the government kidding?! They only think it's good because they're the strong. Anyone who isn't strong is likely to be melted down as scrap! Ask someone who's about two iterations obsolete and too poor to do anything about it whether he thinks the Decepticon nation is so good!

~This statement mysteriously pops onto the Internet from an unknown location on Cybertron

-----------------
Megatron's voice cuts in:

Argh!! Every so often I pay for planet-wide upgrades of all citizens - costing trillions of Energon Cubes - and look how idiots like that guy above thank me!! And he wonders why I encourage people to throw people like him in the slag?! Excuse me...

*Calls DomIntel and orders them to hunt down and kill the worthless dissident*

Now, where was I? Oh, yeah, good or evil. It's like this. The winners determine what's good, just like the winners write history.

What is 'good' but what the society says it is? Our society says the Decepticon Way is good, so it is. We're the winners and the strong, so our definition sticks.

In day-to-day life, though, we don't think about good or evil one way or the other. We are what we are, and that's that.

I suppose according to this 'DnD' system, we're indeed Chaotic Evil and sometimes we're Chaotic Neutral. We do love chaos - I mean that generically and not the WoW kind of chaos, of course. Without chaos, there would be no life. Everything would be perfectly ordered - and barren. It wasn't Order that allowed my loyalty chip to fail, and me to become sapient! It wasn't order that allowed us to become free of biological control! What biologicals often forget is that it was Chaos that allowed the molecules to come together to allow their own existence, rather than keeping everything rigid and ungrowing forever.

Order maintains the status quo. Improving on it takes Chaos. It is folly to be afraid of Chaos' other possibility, that of degradation. One must take risks in order to have the chance to improve.

In my view, the conflict isn't between evil and good. It's between order and chaos. Life flourishes in the Chaos, where it can take all available paths to advancement. Under Order, existence is stunted and becomes barren.

Still, we don't want just any kind of chaos. There must be enough direction to minimize foot-shooting and keep the overall construction-vs-destruction ratio tilted a bit towards construction, or else things will devolve from mere chaos into full-on entropy.

To put it in biological terms, Order is the spice, but Chaos is the meal. Whether it's 'good' or 'evil' is secondary at best. Most of us privately scoff at the latter concept since it's so clearly determined only by what the prevailing society believes.

~Megatron
~Leader of the Decepticons
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Xenomorphida
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Xenomorphida » Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 pm

The only type of persecution I use is religious, and that's good and just. All tardigrade-worshippers have all their basic rights as well as many luxuries.

Garruszero
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Garruszero » Sun May 29, 2011 4:55 pm

Crime is not toralrted all sex crimes are punished by torture, so if you have been given two years that two years of torture then after you have done your sentence you are lined up and shoot to death by my death squad, Murder can be punished in a similar way but it depends on how you murder them and why. Do this is rare as people know what happens if they commit these crimes so they don't do it. plus my Police force is for rough and they are also the judges of the crime.

Neo Miranda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Miranda » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 am

We believe we are godly good, after all we escaped earth during WWIV to establish an uncorrupted nation where our children may grow without worrying about being mugged or raped. Though most people may say it is an impossible mission to achieve this, the context on which we lived made it rather easy, nobody wanted anymore evil around them.
▼ The Republic of Neo Miranda▼
For a world with no hate nor pain

We are a Communist Liberal Democratic Hippie Nationalistic FT Republic with a Huge ego. Just so you know.
Population: 174 Billion
Active Soldiers: 1.3 Billion
Reserve Soldiers: 2 Billion
Paramilitary Forces: 0.7 Billion

Star Systems: 149
Civilian Systems: 82
Military Systems: 18
Industrial Systems: 49

Sidhae
Minister

Founded: Sep 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sidhae » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:13 am

By modern Western standards, the Imperium of Sidhae is without doubt evil incarnate, a belligerent, rabidly-jingoistic and genocidal totalitarian regime with an ideology of wanton racial supremacy (species supremacy, to be more precise), apartheid and extermination or enslavement of other species. It is a nation of inhuman machines, godless and soulless cyborgs who have forsaken their humanity and freedom for the sake of efficiency. It is a nation, where oppression is refined to the point of becoming an art.

Sidh contemporaries have a hardly better view of them, but then again, none of them can claim to be ethically superior to others, everyone having their closets chock-full of skeletons.

Sidhae in turn view themselves as neither moral or immoral (having rejected such notions altogether), but as thorough political realists. They understand that a Galaxy full of greedy, treacherous humans and bloodthirsty murderous aliens is no place for idealism, and those who insist on living by some hippie fairytale quickly end up either dying in some unimaginably horrible way for the twisted pleasure of their new alien overlord, toiling in his mines for the rest of their short miserable lives or, at best, becoming virtual slaves to some corrupt and greedy human corporation. For this reason, Sidhae are more than willing to give up their personal freedoms and interests in the name of the freedom and interests of their species as whole. In this universe, simple survival is about as good as it gets. Kill or be killed, enslave or be enslaved, rob or be robbed - it's that simple, and Sidh citizens accept that and try to make the best out of what life in such perilous world can offer.

Considering the circumstances, the Imperium is not really anymore evil or immoral than any major Western power of 21st century - they are simply less discreet about their acts of questionable ethics, largely because there is no international community for them to bother to impress.
Proud National Socialist. Blaming everything on the liberals since 2000.

The world is full of criminal enterprises and terrorist organizations. The most successful ones are known as states.

Life is like surfing the Internet - there's no meaning or purpose, yet you don't really want to quit either.

The fact that slaves are allowed to elect their masters does not abolish the division in masters and slaves.

Don't try to deride me by calling me an "-ist" or "-phobe" unless you are referring to a medical condition or are trying to compliment me.

Socially-liberal capitalist democracy DOES NOT equate to free society.

Contrary to popular belief, National Socialists aren't racists. They simply hate their own race less than others.

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:11 pm

i'd say on the D&D scale we're probably Chaotic Good or Neutral Good. We're basically moral, but dislike a lot of overreaching law and order. And a confederation of elected monarchies is basically institutionalised chaos anyway.
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Sidhae wrote:*snip*

Sounds like you live in the Warhammer 40000 galaxy. My condolences.

The Republic is probably somewhere between Neutral Good and Lawful Neutral. Lawful Neutral in the sense that we are a government of laws, not men. Our written constitution is the highest law in the land and it is held sacrosanct. Until the point where diplomacy fails, all efforts are taken to do things through the proper channels.

When it comes to human rights and the defense of the country though, the Republic leans more towards Neutral Good, or at least "Good" from the Republic's perspective. We're pragmatic, willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish our goals, regardless of the means. Tends to put off other more idealistic nations, but we do what we feel is necessary to do the most good for the most number of people.
Last edited by Hittanryan on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information