NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country (Mk. IV) The Proper Un

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Slovitrea wrote:(Image)
The MP-418 handgun.

It fires a 5.5x32mm caseless telescoped round from a 20 round staggered-column magazine.

Lineart wise, might just be me but the grip looks a bit thin when compared to the rest of the weapon
Design wise, .45 ACP or bust
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Slovitrea
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Slovitrea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:25 pm

Last edited by Slovitrea on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Slovitrea wrote:
Galla- wrote:
VAG-73

I want.

Also, anyone know a good caseless PDW round?

This thing fired a 7.62mm caseless, maybe based on the Tokarev (?).

Could start there.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Slovitrea wrote:(Image)
The MP-418 handgun.

Fires 8x16mm caseless telescoped rounds from a 16 round staggered-column magazine.

I might change the round to a PDW-type round, but it absolutely, positively, must be caseless telescoped.

Instead of retconning everything you can have it use a saboted submunition, instead of 8x16mm firing an 8mm bullet make it 8x16mm firing a 5mm bullet. Also, why is your cartridge so tiny, 8x16mm?
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Slovitrea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Slovitrea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Last edited by Slovitrea on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperial DaiHan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial DaiHan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Back in town (figuratively speaking). Looking for projects.

Anything you guys want to see out of my little workshop?
If you need lineart done, specifically edged weapons, bludgeons or firearms, and you need them done in a slightly stylized low-pixel way, and you need them done in under a goddamn hour, I'm your guy.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Slovitrea wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Instead of retconning everything you can have it use a saboted submunition, instead of 8x16mm firing an 8mm bullet make it 8x16mm firing a 5mm bullet. Also, why is your cartridge so tiny, 8x16mm?

How would that work?

And Vault X recommended 8x16mm CASELESS TELESCOPED

Finally, all I have is the picture. I dont have to retconn anything.

Just have a sabot, it isn't any different from an APDS, just on a smaller scale. Also the cartridge really sounds tiny, then again caseless can have a square propellant block, so I guess that adds more propellant.

Slovitrea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Slovitrea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Slovitrea wrote:How would that work?

And Vault X recommended 8x16mm CASELESS TELESCOPED

Finally, all I have is the picture. I dont have to retconn anything.

Just have a sabot, it isn't any different from an APDS, just on a smaller scale. Also the cartridge really sounds tiny, then again caseless can have a square propellant block, so I guess that adds more propellant.

M'kay. Would the sabotted projectile be suitable for use in a SMG platform?
And how would it's performance compare to a PDW round?

You know any caseless PDW rounds I could use?

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Slovitrea wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Just have a sabot, it isn't any different from an APDS, just on a smaller scale. Also the cartridge really sounds tiny, then again caseless can have a square propellant block, so I guess that adds more propellant.

1) Yes, most likely. Unless it's extremely optimized for pistol use.

2) Depends on a lot, but possibly comparable.

3) I don't think there are any in existence, caseless rounds aren't very popular IRL.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:59 pm

F.Y.I I am now making a 4th rifle now its probably better i will be posting it soon and I took all your advice and i think it worked out well. :lol:
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Ewa beach
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ewa beach » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 pm

So, I attempted some lineart...

I know it kind of sucks, especially compared to the guns you guys post on here, but it's my first one. And I also realize that I'm probably missing a couple (or a lot) of components necessary for the weapon.

Only stats I have so far is that it fires the 6.5x39mm.
KINGDOM OF EWA BEACH
POPULATION CAP: 41,326,984
Can you move like Bernie?

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Ewa beach wrote:So, I attempted some lineart...

(Image)

I know it kind of sucks, especially compared to the guns you guys post on here, but it's my first one. And I also realize that I'm probably missing a couple (or a lot) of components necessary for the weapon.

It's not terrible. The proportions, especially on the front(handguard and foregrip), could use some work. Also, the stock looks pretty weird. I don't see any huge, glaring flaws, though, just stuff that will come with revision and practice. Oh, and I'm not sure if the sights line up.
Last edited by Indeos on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Ewa beach
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ewa beach » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Indeos wrote:
Ewa beach wrote:So, I attempted some lineart...

(Image)

It's not terrible. The proportions, especially on the front(handguard and foregrip), could use some work. Also, the stock looks pretty weird. I don't see any huge, glaring flaws, though, just stuff that will come with revision and practice. Oh, and I'm not sure if the sights line up.

I was never good with stocks, even on paper. Also, I could make the foregrip bigger, not sure what to do about the handguard though. While the sights would be easy to fix.
KINGDOM OF EWA BEACH
POPULATION CAP: 41,326,984
Can you move like Bernie?

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Ewa beach wrote:
Indeos wrote:

I was never good with stocks, even on paper. Also, I could make the foregrip bigger, not sure what to do about the handguard though. While the sights would be easy to fix.

I think just making the foregrip wider will fix the front, and I didn't really check the sights - just eyeballed. Dunno what to say about the stock besides "keep practicing".
Last edited by Indeos on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Slovitrea wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Just have a sabot, it isn't any different from an APDS, just on a smaller scale. Also the cartridge really sounds tiny, then again caseless can have a square propellant block, so I guess that adds more propellant.

Yes.
Pretty much the same depending on the actual projectile and amount of propellant, but it would probably be equal.
Unfortunately no.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Heres the 4th of my M4 bullpup prototypes i may make a 5th you guys find any problems and if you do ask me and i may tell you if its there or not and if you do tell me and i will start working on the 5th and fix it. Hope you guys like it :D
1st is Common infantry, 2nd is sniper variant, and 3rd is spec ops.
Last edited by Graditora on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Imperial DaiHan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial DaiHan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Looks pretty inefficient.
If you need lineart done, specifically edged weapons, bludgeons or firearms, and you need them done in a slightly stylized low-pixel way, and you need them done in under a goddamn hour, I'm your guy.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Imperial DaiHan wrote:Looks pretty inefficient.

And how so?! :eyebrow:
The Shadow of F7

Eyrax
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 25, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Eyrax » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Graditora wrote:
Imperial DaiHan wrote:Looks pretty inefficient.

And how so?! :eyebrow:

Well for starters the barrel is very long for a rifle especially the fact that it is a bullpup. The magazine is too far forward and the location of the rear sight is phasing through your upper rail system. I can’t blame you really pimp my gun is not a great drawing method.
"There are two things that I want you to make up your minds to: first, that you are going to have a good time as long as you live - I have no use for the sour-faced man - and next, that you are going to do something worthwhile, that you are going to work hard and do the things you set out to do."
-Theodore Roosevelt

The Ottish Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ottish Empire » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Eyrax wrote:
Graditora wrote:And how so?! :eyebrow:

Well for starters the barrel is very long for a rifle especially the fact that it is a bullpup. The magazine is too far forward and the location of the rear sight is phasing through your upper rail system. I can’t blame you really pimp my gun is not a great drawing method.

Too far forward? Hes got just enough room for the bolt, and other mechanisms, to work properly.
It would probably work, the only problem, really, is aesthetics. It looks like shit, no offense.
Last edited by The Ottish Empire on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of Byzantine and the TEC
Factbook [Don't look at it! It's an ungodly mess at the moment]
Soccer Kit
Team Name
Kaşif FC

Players
Jakob Scarvov
Otto Dersley
Sevchenko Ferdinand
Freidrick Oswald
Caleb Worthington
Viktor Retrov
Pershing Greer
Gerald Wayne
Anthony Loyd
Samuel Frank
Xavier Kaliph

Stadium
Mimarlık Stadyumu
[1] [2] [3] [4] Heightened Military Awareness [5]

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:16 pm

The Ottish Empire wrote:
Eyrax wrote:Well for starters the barrel is very long for a rifle especially the fact that it is a bullpup. The magazine is too far forward and the location of the rear sight is phasing through your upper rail system. I can’t blame you really pimp my gun is not a great drawing method.

Too far forward? Hes got just enough room for the bolt, and other mechanisms, to work properly.

It's still slightly too close to the grip. You're both sorta right.

Slovitrea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Slovitrea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Last edited by Slovitrea on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 pm

The whole gun is only 34' long and the barrel is 24' the whole point of the rifle is to achieve a versatile rifle that can be a sniper rifle and mid range combat weapon and the barrel is over kill and that's what i want, and yes from your point of view it looks like crap but hey I'm not to picky just as long as it works. And i didn't think you would think the space between the mag and grip was small i thought it was ok. And that's what i was going for when i put the rear sight. I'm going to consider a 5th what improvements do you guys think i should add.
The Shadow of F7

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Graditora wrote:The whole gun is only 34' long and the barrel is 24' the whole point of the rifle is to achieve a versatile rifle that can be a sniper rifle and mid range combat weapon and the barrel is over kill and that's what i want, and yes from your point of view it looks like crap but hey I'm not to picky just as long as it works. And i didn't think you would think the space between the mag and grip was small i thought it was ok. And that's what i was going for when i put the rear sight. I'm going to consider a 5th what improvements do you guys think i should add.

If it's still 5.56 NATO, it will be shit as a "sniper".
Last edited by Indeos on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Graditora wrote:The whole gun is only 34' long and the barrel is 24' the whole point of the rifle is to achieve a versatile rifle that can be a sniper rifle and mid range combat weapon and the barrel is over kill and that's what i want, and yes from your point of view it looks like crap but hey I'm not to picky just as long as it works. And i didn't think you would think the space between the mag and grip was small i thought it was ok. And that's what i was going for when i put the rear sight. I'm going to consider a 5th what improvements do you guys think i should add.

24' long.

Jesus Christ. You start dropping velocity after 50" in a 0.50" rifle.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information