NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country (Mk. IV) The Proper Un

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Graditora wrote:Ya, let me use want i want, and anyway you should be telling me how to improve.

We'll tell you what we want to tell you. There's no "should" about it, and if you don't like the feedback you get you can get the fuck out. Wouldn't be the first time someone has.

That's not to say anyone should be a dick about giving feedback, but don't complain if people don't give you the feedback you want.

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Indeos wrote:
The effort it takes to make quality PMG isn't worth it because it takes about the same amount of effort to make decent lineart.

And as I've been saying for almost a year now...

Not everyone can do lineart. Yes, practice can make perfect but it doesn't always. Me for example who has been trying to lineart for the past seven months and it is still pure shit. So, if the kid doesn't feel like linearting and wants to stick to PMG, the least you people can do as you are all nice and honest folk is to help him, despite your difference on what he should be using to make his weapons

We don't like seeing PMG very much, and especially not when someone has to tell them how to do it right. This isn't a How to Make Weapons thread, and all the feedback we give is because we feel like it. You're acting like we have an obligation to tell him how to improve when he ignores the other advice.

For the record, I can't do lineart for shit. You know what I did when I realized that? I started looking at gun statistics and performance and stopped caring about making a picture. The last guns I posted were all drawn by Imperial DaiHan/Reformed York in around an hour each, all I did was stats.
Last edited by Indeos on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Graditora
Senator

Founded: Jul 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Indeos wrote:
The effort it takes to make quality PMG isn't worth it because it takes about the same amount of effort to make decent lineart.

And as I've been saying for almost a year now...

Not everyone can do lineart. Yes, practice can make perfect but it doesn't always. Me for example who has been trying to lineart for the past seven months and it is still pure shit. So, if the kid doesn't feel like linearting and wants to stick to PMG, the least you people can do as you are all nice and honest folk is to help him, despite your difference on what he should be using to make his weapons

Ya! >:(
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7
Pronounced: "Grah-deh-tor-ah" | Now with a wiki!
Luziyca wrote:You were the one responsible for the Second Amendment.

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Ea90 wrote:Someone knows what they want.

Romberg wrote:You do not mess with the nation with a scorpion on its flag.

Descedant of George Reed. Delaware signer of the Deceleration of Independence.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Hey i'm not telling you to give me feed back i just wanted to share jeez hell if it wasn't for the nice dude i probly would have never read your post and idc i actually like hate it tells me were to improve.
Favorite Quote: "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge"- Thomas Carlyle
The Shadow of F7

Bafuria wrote:If I was allowed to carry I would carry a pistol with big, loud muzzle blast, something that says "I JUST SHOT YOU D:<".

Minecraftea
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Minecraftea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:06 pm

We usually use iron swords. Diamond is hard to find so we rarely use diamond swords. We also use bows sometimes but we need to kill skeletons to get their arrows so we still primarily fight with swords. As a last resort, we'll have to go for wooden swords.

We also use some TNT from time to time or mobtraps to trap enemies and then kill them with swords, or leave them there and then use water or lava to either drown or burn them to death.
Population: 3

Madabique
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Madabique » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Minecraftea wrote:We usually use iron swords. Diamond is hard to find so we rarely use diamond swords. We also use bows sometimes but we need to kill skeletons to get their arrows so we still primarily fight with swords. As a last resort, we'll have to go for wooden swords.

We also use some TNT from time to time or mobtraps to trap enemies and then kill them with swords, or leave them there and then use water or lava to either drown or burn them to death.

Just use an inventory editor.

Minecraftea
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Minecraftea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Madabique wrote:
Minecraftea wrote:We usually use iron swords. Diamond is hard to find so we rarely use diamond swords. We also use bows sometimes but we need to kill skeletons to get their arrows so we still primarily fight with swords. As a last resort, we'll have to go for wooden swords.

Just use an inventory editor.

No, we don't cheat on this server.
Population: 3

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Graditora wrote:Hey i'm not telling you to give me feed back i just wanted to share jeez hell if it wasn't for the nice dude i probly would have never read your post and idc i actually like hate it tells me were to improve.

^The sentence in the image is essentially what I just read.

On a more serious note, I should talk to Dai again...
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Graditora wrote:Ya, let me use want i want, and anyway you should be telling me how to improve.

Look at real guns.

Look at some more real guns

Look at cross sectioend and exploded diagrams of real guns.

Doing the above coupled a little reading on how guns actually work will make your PMG mashups much more presentable and help you avoid some of the usual pmgness.

As to how to actually use the tool, there are specific groups and forums out there that will happily help you get the best out of PMG. Here is far from the best place for advice on using PMG.

I would still strongly suggest giving linearting a go. Start simple by say taking a PMG template or a real image and tracing over it before transitioning to adding your own stuff. If MS paint isn't for you then the various more full blown image editors with layer capabilities and nice bezier curve tools are worth a look, the sheer basic purity of paint isn't for everyone.
Last edited by Crookfur on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Crookfur wrote:

Look at real guns.

Doign the above and a little reading on how guns actually work will make your PMG mashups much more presentable and help you avoid soem of the sual pmgness.

As to how to actually use the tool, there are specific groups and forums out there that will happily help you get the best out of PMG. Here is far from the best palce for advice on using PMG.

I would still strongly suggest giving linearting a go. Start simple by say taking a PMG template or a real image and tracing over it before transitioning to adding your own stuff. If MS paint isn't for you then the various more full blown image editors with layer capabilities and nice bezier curve tools are worth a look, the sheer basic purity of paint isn't for everyone.

^This is all good advice. You should be doing 2 hours of research for every one you put into building the actual gun TBH.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 pm

This is what i just read from the dinosaur
The Shadow of F7

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Indeos wrote:
Crookfur wrote:
Look at real guns.

Doign the above and a little reading on how guns actually work will make your PMG mashups much more presentable and help you avoid soem of the sual pmgness.

As to how to actually use the tool, there are specific groups and forums out there that will happily help you get the best out of PMG. Here is far from the best palce for advice on using PMG.

^This is all good advice. You should be doing 2 hours of research for every one you put into building the actual gun TBH.

That is good advice i will use it
The Shadow of F7

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Indeos wrote:

We'll tell you what we want to tell you. There's no "should" about it, and if you don't like the feedback you get you can get the fuck out. Wouldn't be the first time someone has.

That's not to say anyone should be a dick about giving feedback, but don't complain if people don't give you the feedback you want.

Itailian Maifias wrote:And as I've been saying for almost a year now...

We don't like seeing PMG very much, and especially not when someone has to tell them how to do it right. This isn't a How to Make Weapons thread, and all the feedback we give is because we feel like it. You're acting like we have an obligation to tell him how to improve when he ignores the other advice.

For the record, I can't do lineart for shit. You know what I did when I realized that? I started looking at gun statistics and performance and stopped caring about making a picture. The last guns I posted were all drawn by Imperial DaiHan/Reformed York in around an hour each, all I did was stats.

Well when someone posts lineart it sure does become How to Make Weapons thread as you all start giving advice on it and yet if someone does PMG you can't do that? Hypocrite much?

I have nothing against lineart or the people that do it, I'm just sick of them trying to shove it on other people as soon as they see a person post a PMG. It really is annoying that you guys can put your differences on art aside and just help the dude.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Isla da Penumbra
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Isla da Penumbra » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:57 pm

Above: Above are the three main weapons of the 'Penumbrè Militãirè' or the Penumbran military, issued by the recently elected president Mikael Ivanova. They are standard issue and can be purchased on any military premises. The uppermost weapon is the 'VALKA-375', the standard issue assault rifle. The one below is the 'UEKA6', the standard issue sub-machine gun. The lowermost weapon is the 'GHOST Rifle' which recently replaced the 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' as the standard issue sniper rifle early in November 2010. The 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' was standard issue for forty-three (43) years until Mikael Ivanova was elected in September 2010 and rebuilt the Penumbran military.
Isla da Penumbra
Islã das Penumbrè
“Solula da Teruna Sonyàna Amõs!”

Isla News Broadcast | Wikipedia Article | Factbook | Penumbra Corporations Storefront LTD.

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Indeos wrote:

Well when someone posts lineart it sure does become How to Make Weapons thread as you all start giving advice on it and yet if someone does PMG you can't do that? Hypocrite much?

I have nothing against lineart or the people that do it, I'm just sick of them trying to shove it on other people as soon as they see a person post a PMG. It really is annoying that you guys can put your differences on art aside and just help the dude.

We aren't obligated to help. When people give advice on lineart, it's because they want to. Also, you should review your definition of hypocrisy because you obviously aren't familiar with the correct one.

Again, because I do so love to point this out, we aren't obligated to help them. If everyone wants to tell them to lineart, they're going to, and no amount of whining will change that. Nobody is stopping you from giving PMG advice.

Fischermann
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Isla da Penumbra wrote:

Above: Above are the three main weapons of the 'Penumbrè Militãirè' or the Penumbran military, issued by the recently elected president Mikael Ivanova. They are standard issue and can be purchased on any military premises. The uppermost weapon is the 'VALKA-375', the standard issue assault rifle. The one below is the 'UEKA6', the standard issue sub-machine gun. The lowermost weapon is the 'GHOST Rifle' which recently replaced the 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' as the standard issue sniper rifle early in November 2010. The 'Valkyrie Sniper Rifle' was standard issue for forty-three (43) years until Mikael Ivanova was elected in September 2010 and rebuilt the Penumbran military.

Um..

By the way, I got a look at the EM-2 with the dust cover open:

Image restrictions..

This might be one of the few open bolt designs that I like.
أنا الحق

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Isla da Penumbra wrote:

These make me want to slit my wrists. If you can't see what's wrong with them after looking at a few real guns(M16, AKM, FN FAL, etc.), there's nothing I can do to help.

Graditora
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Graditora » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Wow and you guys complained that my gun made no scene, His looks crazy weird....no offense just speaking with a kind of kind opinion jeez or do you guys just hate the idea of a bullpup m16
The Shadow of F7

Indeos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Graditora wrote:Wow and you guys complained that my gun made no scene, His looks crazy weird....no offense just speaking with a kind of kind opinion jeez or do you guys just hate the idea of a bullpup m16

Yours is only slightly better. Neither example would work and neither are good.

Fischermann
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fischermann » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Graditora wrote:Wow and you guys complained that my gun made no scene, His looks crazy weird....no offense just speaking with a kind of kind opinion jeez or do you guys just hate the idea of a bullpup m16

Yours can work with effort, to be honest.

Use shapes, lots of them. That is, if you're sticking to PMG.
أنا الحق

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 pm

And I thought my M1969A3 which I did in three minutes was bad.

Slovitrea
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Slovitrea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:16 pm

The MP-418 handgun.

Fires 8x16mm caseless telescoped rounds from a 16 round staggered-column magazine.

I might change the round to a PDW-type round, but it absolutely, positively, must be caseless telescoped.
Last edited by Slovitrea on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 pm

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3171/82906717.jpg

someone should issue this thing

50 round magazine, selective fire, handgun sized
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Slovitrea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Slovitrea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Galla- wrote:http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3171/82906717.jpg

Yeah.... what is it?

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Slovitrea wrote:
Galla- wrote:http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/3171/82906717.jpg

Yeah.... what is it?

VAG-73
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Slovitrea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Slovitrea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Last edited by Slovitrea on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information