NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Elite Guard

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Fri May 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Altamirus wrote:That shields needs a rawhide covering, linen wood that is uncovered with exposed cheese glue lines is extremely weak.

And cheep, which is quite enough as shields break sooner or later in a shieldwall regardless which is why most men carried quite a few shields with them so they could simply throw away the broken shield after battle.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Chrilevolika
Envoy

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrilevolika » Fri May 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
-IUSA wrote:Well you were acting kinda foolish saying that your weapons would get through, If memory serves right, Kevlar is stronger than steel or at least Iron, that is something a Katana cannot get through.

And I said no amount of Kevlar is going to do any good if the wearer is decapitated. You need your neck, no matter what armor you're wearing, and it must be free to rotate... and thus vulnerable to a blade.

Oh Please, Katanas cannot have the power that this bad boy has.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri May 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Chrilevolika wrote:

However in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, normal blades are able to match lightsabers. Says Trask Ulgo in the Endar Spire intro.

Chrilevolika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrilevolika » Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Chrilevolika wrote:

However in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, normal blades are able to match lightsabers. Says Trask Ulgo in the Endar Spire intro.

OOC: There are metals in the Star Wars universe that are strong enough to deflect them and one can even short circuit one.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri May 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Chrellion wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
And I said no amount of Kevlar is going to do any good if the wearer is decapitated. You need your neck, no matter what armor you're wearing, and it must be free to rotate... and thus vulnerable to a blade.

True, unless the enemy sees you coming, which he will, Motion Trackers are very common for people with PMT and FT tech.

While you are making that wide swing to decapitate someone the enemy can either empty a magazine on you, or guy you with a bayonet.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri May 27, 2011 2:16 pm

Chrilevolika wrote:OOC: There are metals in the Star Wars universe that are strong enough to deflect them and one can even short circuit one.

I think it was a "special cortosis tissue" Trask Ulgo mentioned. I remember because I specifically asked "What if they have lightsabers?" before entering the Endar Spire bridge, and that was the answer I got. And Trask Ulgo went to a hell of a fight with Darth Bandon (Malak's apprentice) buying me time to escape. He lost in the end, but he was avenged - with a normal blade.

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Fri May 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Chrilevolika wrote:

They were hardly "normal" blades, considering all the repulsor vibro whatever built into them and fancy metals. A truly ordinary sword forged from ordinary metal and not decked out with fancy technology would be sliced in half rather quickly by a lightsaber.

Although, apparently wooden sticks could hold up against lightsabers in that game, so I would call it more a flaw in game mechanic than a limitation of canonical technology :)

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Chrilevolika
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrilevolika » Fri May 27, 2011 2:19 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Chrellion wrote:True, unless the enemy sees you coming, which he will, Motion Trackers are very common for people with PMT and FT tech.

While you are making that wide swing to decapitate someone the enemy can either empty a magazine on you, or guy you with a bayonet.

Which is why Sam should use more guns.

P.S: In universe, with Germoria's permission, IC wise we are the first nation to develop the concept of a lightsaber, considering we share the same universe.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri May 27, 2011 2:21 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:While you are making that wide swing to decapitate someone the enemy can either empty a magazine on you, or guy you with a bayonet.

Watch Sengoku Basara. (One of the basis for my nation).

http://www.4shared.com/video/wlq7WSwi/Sengoku_Basara_Episode_9_.html
Last edited by Samuraikoku on Fri May 27, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The 4th Realm
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th Realm » Fri May 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:While you are making that wide swing to decapitate someone the enemy can either empty a magazine on you, or guy you with a bayonet.

Touch, your dead
You know, if I was a Mod, every thread I lock would have a death pun.....yeah, we can only dream can we.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm

The 4th Realm wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

Touch, your dead

You see my point. Kenshin Uesugi sliced Nôhime's barreled machinegun as if it were an onion. So don't come tell me that the Sanada Brave Ten are powerless against guns.
Last edited by Samuraikoku on Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 4th Realm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th Realm » Fri May 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
The 4th Realm wrote:Touch, your dead

You see my point. Kenshin Uesugi sliced Nôhime's barreled machinegun as if it were an onion. So don't come tell me that the Sanada Brave Ten are powerless against guns.

Yeah, but we don't use guns, just one touch.
You know, if I was a Mod, every thread I lock would have a death pun.....yeah, we can only dream can we.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri May 27, 2011 2:47 pm

The 4th Realm wrote:Yeah, but we don't use guns, just one touch.

Ah. You're like Mitsuhide Akechi. (He wields dual scythes as if he was a reaper. But I'm sure you're cooler.)

The 4th Realm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th Realm » Fri May 27, 2011 2:52 pm

We simply keep life and death in check, we think a Reaper got into a mortal body called a Νεργο Θανάσιμο (Necro Body: Reaper Mortal) and licensed some cartoon a bit based on us, instead of demons however they are killing these things called Hallows, and they look human, we have no idea what makes it seem popular, heck death beings are dieing, my lord are Mortals strange when it comes to making things.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri May 27, 2011 2:53 pm

The 4th Realm wrote:We simply keep life and death in check, we think a Reaper got into a mortal body called a Νεργο Θανάσιμο (Necro Body: Reaper Mortal) and licensed some cartoon a bit based on us, instead of demons however they are killing these things called Hallows, and they look human, we have no idea what makes it seem popular, heck death beings are dieing, my lord are Mortals strange when it comes to making things.

Bleach? I haven't seen it yet. I've been watching Sengoku Basara and Wangan Midnight (Street racing).
Last edited by Samuraikoku on Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 4th Realm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The 4th Realm » Fri May 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Yes, thats the name, Mortals and their cartoons, here we have a thing called sports, it is the only thing non reapers really get to do in entertainment, however senior souls (100 years in the 4th Realm) will grant you the equal opportunities of entertainment as a reaper.

Naurobia
Ambassador

Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Naurobia » Fri May 27, 2011 3:01 pm

We only have the Homeland Security Task Force which is a part of the National Police which is in turn under the direction of the Ministry of Justice and Internal Security. Their official job was to provide protection for our politicians, high ranking public figures, and diplomats. In recent years however with the threat of terrorism on the rise their capabilities have been expanded to conduct counter-terrorism operations.
Last edited by Naurobia on Fri May 27, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

Sol Bella
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sol Bella » Fri May 27, 2011 3:07 pm

El Halo del Sol

Hand-picked elite kemonomimi from the Guarda Nacionale. Armed with lightning-ball launchers in the shells of the CETME Model C battle rifles, though they usually have a choice between this and a number of other energy weapons.
A Spanish-speaking, First World, Pseudo-African nation that has only been in FT for two years after advancing past the PMT tech level with a single space colony. Significant Pony minority. The nation is known for its export of energy and information technology services, and is known among its nearby neighbors in Africa for providing the finest scientific materials and personnel in the region.

Proud 5th Member of the Coalition of Ponyists States, 1st Protector Nation

City 9
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby City 9 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:09 pm

" 'Why do you dislike Democracy' you may ask me. The answer is simple - I dislike any system where any unpopular, but necessary decisions can´t be done because of populism."
As you may imagine, City 9 is a colony of the Universal Union aka "The Combine".
Regarding the different freedoms: For this, I have to tell you something about the 'style' of the Universal Union. Most occupied races become mindless slaves and can make no decisions on their own. We can use them as workers, soldiers, just as we please and the only thing we have to do is keeping them alive, nothing else. Therefore: Low personal/political freedoms; Good industry represented by high economic freedoms
This nation is a part of the Universal Union(Combine).

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri May 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:

So Oda Nobunaga is a mustache twirling villian? Regardless, guns still beat swords.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Whairtia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Whairtia » Fri May 27, 2011 3:16 pm

You were between, by a more original version of Half Life
What it is like to step foot on Whairtian soil

If anyone is willing to make me a flag (Because I need one :|) Telegram me :)

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Fri May 27, 2011 3:46 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Regardless, guns still beat swords.

Tell that to Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur.

Red Tide2
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Tide2 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Regardless, guns still beat swords.

Tell that to Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur.

Yeah, since a game with a guy who has electric shooting arms is a paragon of realism.

Try this video instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHTJAKN ... re=related
The Red Tidean Union or The Union of Red Tide or the RTU or Red Tide. NOT Red Tide2.
Red Tide is an oligarchy, with the ruling body known as the 'Central Institution'. The Director of the Central Institute changes constantly. It follows no political ideology, so stop mistaking it for a communist state, thank you very much.

Anemos Major, on my nations name wrote:Oh boy, I can imagine being invaded by your nation.
"The Red Tide washes over us once again. But why?"
"It's that time of the month again."
Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Interstellar Britannia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Britannia » Fri May 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Red Tide2 wrote:

Yeah, since a game with a guy who has electric shooting arms is a paragon of realism.

Try this video instead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHTJAKN ... re=related

It is pretty unfair to use the .50 BMG, a machinegun designed to face light vehicles, against a sword.

Regardless the katana still managed to survive numerous bullets, which struck the same location.
Last edited by Interstellar Britannia on Fri May 27, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serviss
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Serviss » Fri May 27, 2011 5:52 pm

The Empire of Serviss' elite soldiers/commandos are known as

The Imperial Serviss Special Operations Regiment (ISSOR)
OOC:Canadian JTF2 anti-terrorism unit
Last edited by Serviss on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Canada
Imperial Serviss Special Operations Regiment (ISSOR)
Imperial Serviss Navy (ISN)
Imperial Serviss Airforce (ISAF)
Imperial Serviss Army (ISA)
Imperial Serviss Orbital Defense Fleet (ISODF)
Emperor Scott Serviss
Lord Francis Lannister
Lord Lawrence Gibson
Lord Vincent Lorenze
Lord Cameron Lemoine
Lord Jacob Dempsay
Lord Michael Lawson
Lord Henry Robinson
Lord Nicholas Hall
Lord Carl Tyrion
Lord David Mills
Economic Left/Right: -2.00