NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's Elite Guard

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Xanicea
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Your Nation's Elite Guard

Postby Xanicea » Wed May 25, 2011 5:51 pm

Many nations IRL as well as on NS have elite guards which act as their nation's "bruisers" when the regular army just doesn't cut it. What are your nation's elite guards? I'll start with mine.

Xanicean Crimson Guard - Officially known as the Green Line, the Xanicean Crimson Guard got its infamous name from the uniforms. Green when clean, a civilian pointed out one day that a Crimson Guard's uniform had a red hue to it, a hue acquired due to the excessive amount of blood spattered upon the uniform. Ever since that day, the Crimson Guard have retained their name, and will great pride. Clothed in prototype Powered Armor and armed with M91 Laser Rifles, M15 Laser Pistols, and combat knives, the Crimson Guard are feared among even the most hardened Xanicean soldiers. Their selection is done in secret, when recruits first demonstrate their skills. Rumored to be trained under excessively torturous conditions, they are the Premier's Finest, Xanicea's first and last line of defense against terrorist attacks.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

100% of government spending goes to "stuff government spends money on."

I know. I am just as shocked as you are.

Gmodia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Overwatch Elite

Overwatch Elite are the Elite of the Elite, they are former Overwatch troops but with even better armor and equipment, while they seem fairly easy to defeat to some, they are actually the deadliest soldiers in Gmodian history, and most likely of all human kind. They are outfitted with powerful armor and weapons for every mission, they can handle most mission types to near perfection, when not in war time efforts they act as the guards for the Congress officials, some say that there is a even higher rank that protects former leader Garry Manson, but this is not confirmed.

Saurisisia
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisisia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:06 pm

The SP Elite counts as such. The fearsome combat branch of the SP is feared by many throughout the nation. They are highly secretive with a sinister reputation for ferocity and mercilessness towards those they feel are a threat to Saurisia. They are generally employed in situations like where a high-ranking leader is taken hostage, to arrest individuals convicted of engaging in unapproved interspecies relationships, and when Human Supremacist, Anarchist, Nazi, Communist, or Anti-Saurisian terrorists have taken over a building.

Several SP Elite troopers patrolling a field during a rainstorm

An SP Elite trooper

An SP Elite trooper during an assignment
Autistic, Christian, Capitalist, Libertarian
Don't wish to display my sexuality for all to see because I don't care about what sexuality someone is
Make Tea, Not Love
Proud Yankee Monarchist
DA Account
https://dragcave.net/user/Bellumsaur13
Things in our country run in spite of government, not by aid of it. - Will Rogers
This nation reflects my RL beliefs and values (for the most part, anyway)
P/MT: The United Provinces of Saurisia
FT: The Federal Systems Republic of Saurisia
MT FT Embassy
ANTHRO AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

My nation's dominated by talking Dinosaurs, there is no realism (because ultra-realism is SO boring)
Dinosaurs rule!
I am Scaly and I am proud!

Wazkyraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wazkyraque » Wed May 25, 2011 6:09 pm

The red society-It started as a civilian army, but the government later used them in battle
No pics available there a secret group...
"Everything takes time. Bees have to move very fast to stay still."

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Sarutobi Sasuke leads the Sanada Ten Braves.

These are ten elite shinobi/kunoichi (male/female ninjas) bodyguards to Yukimura-dono, not only by loyalty, but also by friendship as they care about him personally.

Dracussia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Dracussian Elite

Postby Dracussia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 pm

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... x=78&ty=84

Dracussian Elite Guard : The Dragoon

Gmodia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:Sarutobi Sasuke leads the Sanada Ten Braves.

(Image)

These are ten elite shinobi/kunoichi (male/female ninjas) bodyguards to Yukimura-dono, not only by loyalty, but also by friendship as they care about him personally.

Lets see him survive one blast of a Elite's Pulse Rifle, shall I say a incarceration is the result.

Danatha
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Danatha » Wed May 25, 2011 6:16 pm

Danathian Royal Sentinel
These guards protect the Grand Duke of Danatha as he travels from country to country.
First Secretary-General of the Imperial League of Nations
Embassy | Factbook
New Era RP: Sign-Ups
Demonym=Danathian Danathian accent=French accent

✯ ✯ ✯ Help is on its Way: UDL✯ ✯ ✯

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed May 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Gmodia wrote:Lets see him survive one blast of a Elite's Pulse Rifle, shall I say a incarceration is the result.

Do not underestimate the arts of Ninjitsu.

Gmodia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Gmodia wrote:Lets see him survive one blast of a Elite's Pulse Rifle, shall I say a incarceration is the result.

Do not underestimate a Elite, with our advances in technology your guns shall fail to get through, however the Elites shall make one powerful blast with their weapon.

Xanicea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed May 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Gmodia wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

Do not underestimate a Elite, with our advances in technology your guns shall fail to get through, however the Elites shall make one powerful blast with their weapon.

The Crimson Guardsman is trained to fear nothing and feel nothing, regardless if you blasted a hole in his posterior. We'd like a word with you.
Sibirsky wrote:
Pirate Girl wrote:51% of goverment funds go to unemployment,welfare,and other stuff.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 pm

We don't have elite regulars. We have the SGS, SAS, SSS, Light Infantry, Airborne Infantry, Naval Infantry, Imperial Guard, and Royal Guard, but they are by no means regular soldiers. Man for man, the average Luthorian unit is superior to almost any 'elite' unit in a foreign country because they recieve significant training, each soldier is specialized in the usage of their one weapon, and they have significant squad, company, and battalion level support.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Xanicea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed May 25, 2011 6:28 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:We don't have elite regulars. We have the SGS, SAS, SSS, Light Infantry, Airborne Infantry, Naval Infantry, Imperial Guard, and Royal Guard, but they are by no means regular soldiers. Man for man, the average Luthorian unit is superior to almost any 'elite' unit in a foreign country because they recieve significant training, each soldier is specialized in the usage of their one weapon, and they have significant squad, company, and battalion level support.

Remind me not to fuck with you in roleplays...
Sibirsky wrote:

Gmodia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Xanicea wrote:
Gmodia wrote:Do not underestimate a Elite, with our advances in technology your guns shall fail to get through, however the Elites shall make one powerful blast with their weapon.

The Crimson Guardsman is trained to fear nothing and feel nothing, regardless if you blasted a hole in his posterior. We'd like a word with you.

Correction, he will not feel it because he will be incinerated, nice try talking withut a mouth, or heart, or lungs, or Brain.

Xanicea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Gmodia wrote:
Xanicea wrote:

Correction, he will not feel it because he will be incinerated, nice try talking withut a mouth, or heart, or lungs, or Brain.

In which case we abandon the whole idea of fighting your Elites with Guardsmen entirely and just use heavy weapons (tanks, artillery, guided missiles...).

Since you are technically PMT/FT, though, I doubt our nations are hardly equals.
Sibirsky wrote:

Gmodia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:We don't have elite regulars. We have the SGS, SAS, SSS, Light Infantry, Airborne Infantry, Naval Infantry, Imperial Guard, and Royal Guard, but they are by no means regular soldiers. Man for man, the average Luthorian unit is superior to almost any 'elite' unit in a foreign country because they recieve significant training, each soldier is specialized in the usage of their one weapon, and they have significant squad, company, and battalion level support.

Yes, which is why over here, we train our soldiers when they are kids, train them by sending them to the wild, sending them through pain trips, showing them survival tactics, and train them in all military aspects, the Overwatch get biologically engineered. Add in superior technology and I am sure your nation would crumble.

Xanicea wrote:
Gmodia wrote:Correction, he will not feel it because he will be incinerated, nice try talking withut a mouth, or heart, or lungs, or Brain.

In which case we abandon the whole idea of fighting your Elites with Guardsmen entirely and just use heavy weapons (tanks, artillery, guided missiles...).

Since you are technically PMT/FT, though, I doubt our nations are hardly equals.

The we will use Portals, solar bombs and Pulse Tanks. But yes, we see the difference.

OOC: By the way, to not feel pain you have to attack the body in a non offensive way, by numbing it permanently, this can cause trouble because they won't be able to feel anything and thus will not know of their surroundings, this means they must rely on hearing and eye sight more. now if you mean to resit it, then there is a maximum level they can handle and the human body can only take so much.

Novariea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Novariea » Wed May 25, 2011 6:39 pm

The Novariean Legionnaires are the most elite troops in the Novariean military. They are recruited from only the strongest, smartest and most experienced soldiers from other areas of the military before being put through advanced training and given the finest equipment available. They are organized into 10 "Legions", each composed of 1,000 combat troops. As such, there are never more than 10,000 legionnaires at any one time.

Though they often deployed in support of regular military forces, the legions operate independently and are not officially part of the standard military chain of command, answering only to the Chancellor himself and deferring to the will of regular military commanders only as per his instructions. Generally legionnaires are deployed on a squad-by-squad basis to support friendly forces, often striking deep into enemy lines to destroy vital targets. Occasionally larger numbers may be deployed to the battlefield. The deployment of an entire legion (or rarer still, multiple legions) at once is a very rare occurrence, usually only happening under the most dire of circumstances, when defeat is not an option.
The Commonwealth of Novariea - "Through Unity, We Prevail"

Xanicea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xanicea » Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Gmodia wrote:

Yes, which is why over here, we train our soldiers when they are kids, train them by sending them to the wild, sending them through pain trips, showing them survival tactics, and train them in all military aspects, the Overwatch get biologically engineered. Add in superior technology and I am sure your nation would crumble.

Xanicea wrote:

The we will use Portals, solar bombs and Pulse Tanks. But yes, we see the difference.

OOC: By the way, to not feel pain you have to attack the body in a non offensive way, by numbing it permanently, this can cause trouble because they won't be able to feel anything and thus will not know of their surroundings, this means they must rely on hearing and eye sight more. now if you mean to resit it, then there is a maximum level they can handle and the human body can only take so much.

OOC: Guardsmen wear powered armor, so they can easily utilize the armor systems in place of actual "feeling". This poses the other problem, however, of stealth and disruption systems as well as EMPs. Well, considering that we're one of the few MT countries to have functional (if somewhat bulky and ineffective) powered armor, I doubt that stealth and disruption systems will be a problem. If only people didn't use so many damn EMPs.
Sibirsky wrote:

Interstellar Britannia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Interstellar Britannia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 pm

The Household Guard are the Elite of the Royal Army and of any other Army that exists in the universe.

Entry is based on payment and breeding, and there is no formal training sessions. The Household Guard prefer to just wing it, as they are naturally the best damned soldiers in the universe and do not require silly things like training, which it is seen as cheating and most unsporting to inferior foreigners that have to contend with them.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed May 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Gmodia wrote:Do not underestimate a Elite, with our advances in technology your guns shall fail to get through, however the Elites shall make one powerful blast with their weapon.

Which would probably miss. Then your Elite shall be slashed with a Katana from behind.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Wed May 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Gmodia wrote:

Training them as children adds nothing, it takes a week to learn how to shoot a gun, a week learn proper drill, and 5 seconds to learn how to thrust a bayonet. Practice is fine and all, and practicing as a child will help to make acts instinctive, but overall, a well rounded education and work ethic are more important than shooting a gun for a 10 year old.

Generalization is a bad thing, ever hear of the phrase 'jack of all trades master of none', while your riflemen can use a machine gun, a sniper rifle, or a rocket launcher, our riflemen are riflemen and only riflemen, and will be better at being riflemen than riflemen/machine gunners/snipers/grenadiers/AT guys.

Now do you have superior technology? We have self propelled guns capable of firing 15 rounds a minute for several minutes, or 10 rounds a second in bursts, we have tanks that can punch through almost a meter of armour at 5 kilometers and have about 500mm spaced armour on the side of our turrets, we have stealth ships, stealth planes, stealth tanks, our rifleman can use the same ammo as a designated marksman, our rifle our light and reliable, our soldiers come equipped with NVG, thermal goggles, scopes, laser designators, laser range finders among other things. Our platoons pack more punch than a regular company.

Also, genetic manipulation isn't really necessary, superior speed, intelligence, strength and eye sight are all nice, but they won't save you from a sniper's bullet to the eye or an artillery shell 10 meters away.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Gmodia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gmodia » Wed May 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:

Which would probably miss. Then your Elite shall be slashed with a Katana from behind.

Nope, think of it like this, we have a gun with a weapon that can incinerate beings of norm size with one hit and can bounce pretty well, your going up against a highly powered, armored foe who has training in gun use at maximum efficacy. Then add Pulse rounds and the bouncing ball and we can kill you pretty easily. Use a gun, add some good weapons, and then we can talk.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Gmodia wrote:Yes, which is why over here, we train our soldiers when they are kids, train them by sending them to the wild, sending them through pain trips, showing them survival tactics, and train them in all military aspects, the Overwatch get biologically engineered. Add in superior technology and I am sure your nation would crumble.

Training them as children adds nothing, it takes a week to learn how to shoot a gun, a week learn proper drill, and 5 seconds to learn how to thrust a bayonet. Practice is fine and all, and practicing as a child will help to make acts instinctive, but overall, a well rounded education and work ethic are more important than shooting a gun for a 10 year old.

Generalization is a bad thing, ever hear of the phrase 'jack of all trades master of none', while your riflemen can use a machine gun, a sniper rifle, or a rocket launcher, our riflemen are riflemen and only riflemen, and will be better at being riflemen than riflemen/machine gunners/snipers/grenadiers/AT guys.

Now do you have superior technology? We have self propelled guns capable of firing 15 rounds a minute for several minutes, or 10 rounds a second in bursts, we have tanks that can punch through almost a meter of armour at 5 kilometers and have about 500mm spaced armour on the side of our turrets, we have stealth ships, stealth planes, stealth tanks, our rifleman can use the same ammo as a designated marksman, our rifle our light and reliable, our soldiers come equipped with NVG, thermal goggles, scopes, laser designators, laser range finders among other things. Our platoons pack more punch than a regular company.

Also, genetic manipulation isn't really necessary, superior speed, intelligence, strength and eye sight are all nice, but they won't save you from a sniper's bullet to the eye or an artillery shell 10 meters away.

Meet the Pulse rifle, a weapon that has a special secondary fire which can incinerate a few or more men in one hit.

Our men are trained in what they will use, we use both, but having a few men in a unit know how to use a few other guns will help, it is the level of training, why we train our men so young.

But armor and a motion tracker will.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed May 25, 2011 6:54 pm

the Branriech elite forces descend on protesters in the capitol

their patch

The Soviet Technocracy
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soviet Technocracy » Wed May 25, 2011 6:56 pm

gallans just have FORECON, marines, sailors, and the household units which are just marines with fancy designations, spiffing dress uniforms, and a versed history

having all these guards and specials only shows how decadent the anglo-saxons really are and how puny their regulars must be if they cannot engage the enemy in visceral hand to hand combat

that and sof dont generally get much support of any kind due to their very nature and any SOF team that makes contact with hostile light infantry or armour is probably going to die within a short while

and an artillery gun firing 10 rounds a second had better be <30mm unless you want something that probably physically impossible

and cross training weapons is nothing new, ASE, every single western military ever does it, unless you honestly expect me to believe that out of a 9 man rifle squad, only two are trained to use the LMG, and only 7 are trained riflemen, rather than 9 being trained LMGs and 9 being riflemen like a competent military force should, and does, do it
Last edited by The Soviet Technocracy on Wed May 25, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11
I love Rebecca Black

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed May 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Gmodia wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

Nope, think of it like this, we have a gun with a weapon that can incinerate beings of norm size with one hit and can bounce pretty well, your going up against a highly powered, armored foe who has training in gun use at maximum efficacy. Then add Pulse rounds and the bouncing ball and we can kill you pretty easily. Use a gun, add some good weapons, and then we can talk.

You're going up against a highly trained, since childhood, expert in the art of camouflage - close to invisibility, with unmatched speed and stealth. Add in a close quarter slit to your Elite's throat, and the job is done.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information