NATION

PASSWORD

Panita Factbook

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Panita
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Panita Factbook

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 am

The Republic of Panita is glad to announce the commencement of a factbook project! This project, to which 1% of the budget is being allocated, is expected to be completed by 1st July 2967. Until then it will be a work in progress, and may resemble that fact in its appearance. The current lack of computer programmers is also an issue.

And we now have an Embassy and Ambassadorial Program!

Republic of Panita Factbook

Geography
The Republic of Panita lies in the Southern Hemisphere of NationStates. It takes up most of Akita Island. Its only neighbour is the Most Serene Republic of Napita and associated fiefdoms of such that were annexed from Panita's territory. These lie to the north west. It is a very large nation, having nearly 3 billion square kilometres in its territory. However, it currently has an average population distribution of 0.1 people per square kilometre. Due to this, and the fact that the north west of Panita is very mountainous and has hardly any citizens, the loss of territory to Napita was noticed only last month.

A map of Panita can be found here: http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j478/rosamuunde/?action=view&current=PanitaMap.png

A deserted island was recently discovered to the north east, and the government of Panita is currently contemplating as to whether to annex this land. A citizens' party of those who live in the north west of Panita is currently campaigning to be allowed to settle there and escape from the oppressive presence of Napita.

Panita's coastline is extensive, occupying as it does much of an island. Although the economy of Panita is negligible, a bartering system using fish has been established, and the Finance Minister is sure that this is the solution to Panita's woes. A large number of small islands just off the coast have just held a successful referendum and are now a separate country - The Confederacy of Panitian Isles. Although the two countries do have different opinions on some topics, they are strong allies.

Panita is quite a pleasant country. It has a mountainous area in the north west, bordering Napita. Along the west coast are cliffs. A series of beaches and rocky coves line the east coast. The west of the country is covered in marshes and bogs. Much of the country is rural. The climate ranges from semi-tropical in the north to Mediterranean in the south. The highest mountain, Mount Dianella (named in honour of the ruling monarch at the time) is 6739m above sea level at the summit. It is part of the only major mountain range in the country.

Panita has significant resources of uranium and arsenic bearing metals. However, most of these lie under protected rainforest to the north east, and are untouched. Most of the mining in the country is found in the north west, where there are some resources of iron.

Farming is a relatively major industry. However, much of this is done using recently developed techniques where farming is intensive and inside multi-story buildings. Due to this land prices are quite low, and irrigation is uncommon.

As it is not situated near the junctions of any plates, tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanos are nearly non-existent. However, due to the near-uniform elevation of the country, flooding can be a problem. Drought is uncommon.

Although Panita does not produce much pollution, Napita's second fiefdom produces a lot and the other regions of Napita do not take many environmental concerns, meaning that acid rain is an issue. Air pollution is not an issue except in the north west, which is relatively uninhabited. Panita's diplomats are currently attempting to negotiate a treaty with Napita but are making no headway.
Last edited by Panita on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is my main nation.
Panita
Factbook Embassy Economy Statistics
Colonies: Panitian Isles
DEFCON: 3
This nation is what I would do if I actually ran a nation.
Take the World Census 2011 at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Panita Economy

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 am

Economy
The economy of Panita is not very good. It mainly consists of fishing, farming and mining, but not much of any of them. Most of the results are sold by barter, meaning that they are not put on the national record. Per capita GDP come to P18 500 (18 500 patamos), with the minimum wage being P10 000. However, less than 1% of the population are on the minimum wage. Total GDP is approximately P5.5 trillion. Less than 0.1% of Panita's people are below the poverty line.

Due to the lack of industry, the majority of official employment is provided by the government, and the unemployment rate is close to 40%. However, 99% of these are self-employed, often as fishermen. Income tax is bracketed, but the average rate is 68%. The inflation rate is close to nil, and Panita seems to be permanently on the brink of a recession. The labour force is about half of Panita's total population.

The government has a budget of approximately P3.8 trillion. 19% of this is spent on administration, and a negligible amount is spent on industry. Panita is mainly a primary and tertiary producer. Principle industries include farming, fishing, electricity production and mining. There is also significant scientific research, which funds most of the country.

Electricity is produced mainly using Panita's bank of offshore wind farms. However, solar power is a secondary source. It produces all it's own electricity, and the remainder is dissipated by heating the extensive government buildings. It does not use oil, running what cars there are in the country off solar power. Farming is chiefly of vegetables, with some camel and kangaroo farming. This is exported to the gourmet market in the region. Imports principally include manufactured items, of which there are not many. Panita is not currently in debt, and in fact often helps other countries in financial need.

The currency is the patamo, for which the code is PAT. It exchanges on a 1:0.15 ratio with the USD. The fiscal year is the same as the calendar year.
Last edited by Panita on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my main nation.
Panita
Take the World Census 2011 at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 am

History
Panita's early history is mainly unknown, but it is thought that the Native Panitians came from the north east, island hopping across the archipelago. They formed seven distinct tribal groups which would later be the foundation of its states.
About three hundred years ago, a group of settlers, whose origins are unknown but whose ancestry crosses regional bounds, protested against unfair conditions in their home countries and decided to form a new nation. They came to Akita Island and annexed it, forming Panita. The leader of this group was Dianella Apaita, who was quite young at the time. She set up a constitutional monarchy, with most decisions made by democracy. It was distinctly matriarchal.
Dating is done from the year "1PA" being the year the settlers arrived. In 49PA, a breakaway group formed Napita to the north west. This area is not very hospitable, and so it was no loss to Panita to let them have it.
Dianella Apaita adopted a child, who was Henrio. This started a tradition of the heirs being adopted.
In 55PA Dianella Apaita died. There was a week of mourning. Henrio succeeded her. He was a wise and just ruler, and ruled up until 103PA (being 23 when he took the throne). He instituted major reforms that vastly limited the power of the monarch, and gave much of it to the parliament and the people. He also gave men the right to stand for parliament, and put across an "equal rights bill" which meant that if any bills were passed for human rights, they applied all people. Although noble in sentiment, this has encumbered Panitian politics for generations.
Recently the Confederacy of Panitian Isles has split off from Panita. These islands, lying to the south east, have peacefully formed a separate nation.
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:30 am

Military
Military is minimal, and in fact most people in the military work in medical, supply or logistics. The main branch is that of the airforce, as Panita tends towards quality of weapons rather than quantity. Slightly more women than men are in the military. Available manpower is about 3 million people, although about 2.5 million of these are reserves. This is about 0.1% of the total population.
Annually, about P375 million is spent on the military - this is about 0.34% of the annual GDP, and 0.5% of the annual budget. Allies include the Queendom of Mendakase, the Confederacy of Panitian Isles, the United Kingdom of Broomerun and the Nomadic Peoples of Zaishu. Of these, the United Kingdom of Broomerun is by far the most powerful. About 3.5 million Panitians reach the military age of 20 each year. As of the present, 160 million Panitians are fit for military service.
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Saving for Government and Political Structure

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:31 am

Saving for Government and Political Structure
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Saving for Communications

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:32 am

Saving for Communications
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Saving for Misc

Saving for Misc
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Saving for Misc

Saving for Misc
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:33 am

Panita wrote:Saving for Misc
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Panita wrote:
Panita wrote:Saving for Misc
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Panita wrote:
Panita wrote:
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:34 am

Panita wrote:
Panita wrote:
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Panita wrote:
Panita wrote:
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Panita wrote:
Panita wrote:
This is my main nation.
Panita

Panita
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Panita » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 am

Panita wrote:
Panita wrote:
This is my main nation.
Panita

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information