NATION

PASSWORD

Your fate in your nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ladora
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ladora » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:37 am

I'd probably grow up in a reasonably stable middle-class household like in real life, go to a decent public school where the curriculum was locally managed, and graduate with a reasonably high GPA. Following that, three to six years of military service would earn me some financial aid to attend college, which I would do once my service was over, thus learning a marketable profession.

I would probably work hard in my chosen professional field for several years, during which time I would probably wind up somehow stumbling into a marriage and children, maybe make a foray into local, regional, or perhaps even national politics if it is possible, and just keep at it until retirement age rolls around.

Not bad, really. Not bad at all.
Income Inequality is Good.

If you remember 9/11 and are directly opposed to radical Islam, and you are a patriotic American, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:43 am

Hm, I would be forced to convert to the Monolith for one, but that's not so bad..
After that, I would be given a gun and some armour, and they would call me a soldier after some training.
Would still be a pain to be laughed at by the primary species of Ruskarkand, the Dragoons, the ones that I created.

Being a human sucks sometimes.
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Vecherd
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vecherd » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:44 am

Id be an Upper Class businessman, and probably earn quite a lot and have a okay house.
(Id be much better of than in RL Norway)
[align=center]Frie markeder Frie folk
[spoiler=Political Stuff]Left/Right: 8.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -10.00

The Erusean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Erusean Republic » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:39 am

I would probably be the President.
FYI: I am not trying to be the Erusea in Ace Combat 4. The Erusean Republic is a mixture of most nations in the Ace combat world. SO don't say Lrn2Acecombat.

Stachland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stachland » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:43 am

I would probably live in one of the art-and-science communes out in the Stachland wilderness.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic: -9.12 | Social: -8.41

ROLEPLAY STATISTICS
Population: 86 million | Modern Technology
One Gold, five Silver, and four Bronze medals at the First Water World Championships.
Group runners-up and Round of 8 at Cup of Harmony 47.
Currently hosting the World Air Hockey Championships.

BronyTale

Yellow Zone 20-A
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellow Zone 20-A » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:48 am

I would Work as a Radio Host on The Brotherhood Of Nod Channel.
Actual Taxes in the Prosperous Peoples Republic of Yellow Zone 20-A: 29%, and 60% for the rich.
Revelation 9:3-Peace Through Power!

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:51 am

Oh God, it'd be terrible.

I'd have been sent up chimneys at a young age, so I'd likely be riddled with a variety of painful diseases. After I become too big to fit up chimneys, I'd probably have to start robbing people, or stabbing them or something.

I'd probably die at age 30.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Ladora
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ladora » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:58 am

Oterro wrote:I'd probably die at age 30.

This being the most amazingly good luck you'd had in years, in the circumstances?
Last edited by Ladora on Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Income Inequality is Good.

If you remember 9/11 and are directly opposed to radical Islam, and you are a patriotic American, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Nordamaro
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordamaro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:59 am

I'd be all right, I think. My country has a decent education system, so I'd probably have been educated enough to find a good job. With my liberal-artsy predilictions I'd probably either be working in one of the more civilian Ministries (Education, Culture, or similar) or would be employed as a teacher or middle-manager in one of Nordamaro's service industries. My dreams of opening my own small business would probably be more relaisable, given Nordamaro's pro-entrepreneurial policies.
The Commownealth of Nordamaro Information Feed

DEFCON level: (5)(4)(3)(2)(1)

TASTED (Terror and Security Threat Extent - Domestic): (Green)(Amber)(Orange)(Red) (Black)

Xenohumanity
Minister

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xenohumanity » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Hypothetically speaking, if you lived in your NS nation, born into the same social class, race, gender and everything else as real life, what would your life be like?

OP IS COOL
I'd probably get the obligatory organ upgrades/implants, get some gene-tonic therapy to make me a true Xenohuman, and likely end up working as an AI handler for Xeno-Tech.
GOOD TIMES.
OP IS COOL
Factbook - Officially Good Enough To Show The In-Laws

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 am

do fine
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 am

Ladora wrote:
Oterro wrote:I'd probably die at age 30.

This being the most amazingly good luck you'd had in years, in the circumstances?

Yes, most likely; I doubt I'd take to a life of crime and abject poverty very well. However, the country basically being catholic means, if I were ever to attempt to take my own life, I'd spend the rest of eternity in fiery damnation.
Last edited by Oterro on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Justin butler
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Justin butler » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:04 am

my life would rock because im a dicktating b*a*s*t*a*r*d :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ghanara
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghanara » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:05 am

If I had been born into Ghanara, my life would be busy as hell. I'd have tons of schooling, complete with all sorts of extracurriculars. Also, I'd be working my ass off with a job by now (I'm only a freshman in high school.) Fortunately, due to the high academic level that I meet, I would likely do well in a business program at the local university and move into the Corporate class. You see, those on the boards of corporations are viewed as the upper class in Ghanara and are extremely well off.
Money makes the world go round.

This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
(\/)
(-_-)
(")(")

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Looking for an awesome region? Try Cherowaka!

Don Linguini
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Don Linguini » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 am

As a mafia controlled nation I'd either be rich and feared or dead. That's pretty much your career choice in Don Linguini. Gotta problem with that?

Lloydopolis
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lloydopolis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 am

Pretty damn good. In Lloydopolis my Aspergers Syndrome would be considered an advantage rather than a problem, Lloydopolesian science and healthcare would either cure or considerably weaken my athsma and eczema, the Lloydopolesian education system would contribute greatly to my world knowledge and useful skills while doing its best to address any issues I may have with small class sizes limiting bullying and improving social cohesion while the student psychological profiling programme deals with any other miscellaneous issues I may have. As a self-confessed nerd and a university student, I would do very well in Lloydopolesian society in the long term.
"History, the way it really is, is not a battle between bad and good, but between bad and worse." - Joseph Brodsky

"We must forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged." - Heinrich Heine

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary: men alone are quite capable of every wickedness." - Joseph Conrad

Cashkaval
Secretary

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cashkaval » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 am

I would probably have a happy life, get a very well-paid job and then die at the age of 110 or something.

Yannia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yannia » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Hypothetically speaking, if you lived in your NS nation, born into the same social class, race, gender and everything else as real life, what would your life be like?

Much the same as now, i think, except i'd be having a lot more sex.
Yannia's nation page contains an error. The population should be in millions, not in billions.

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 22, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:00 am

I'd probably meet a very sweet guy while partying in Tsvarchi Square and marry him after a year or two of solid dating, and adopt a couple of children and perhaps have one via surrogate, and then settle down in a spacious apartment in Estakuri working in hotel management while he's an executive chef for a swanky restaurant nearby. One of us might end up with a boyfriend on the side, who will eventually move into the household and live with us and our kiddies, as we party our days away until our death by a stampede of wildebeests.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 am

Oh, and I forgot, I'd probably end up speaking French, which would be good.

Early death and poverty aren't much to pay amirite.

Vingtor
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vingtor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:19 am

I'd be born into the Bondi class so I would be farmer or craftsmen in addition to providing millitary service to my Jarl. I if was really good a the killing part I could be Huscarl or make Jarl or I could gamble and spend my way into Thralldom. Otyherwise a mostly unchangeing life of farming, Assembly gathering, and warmaking.
For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!

The artiste that created that hunk of gourgeous in my flag box http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=148603

The Merry Christmas
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Merry Christmas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am

The principles of work ethic and nationalism would have been pounded into me from an early age by my loving government and family unit. Thus, I'd very likely grow up to be a skilled and admirable member of my consumerist society.

If I were to start avoiding work at any point from young adulthood and on, steps would be taken to correct my thinking as quickly as possible.
Not to be confused with the Christian holiday observed elsewhere, The Spirit of Christmas is the official religion of my nation. It recognizes Santa Claus as the true bringer of Joy to the world and material posessions as the most basic source of human happiness. Santa's followers are instructed to spread Joy through the exchange of gifts year round, as well as to maintain a sense of work ethic and nationalism, or else...
Though he's never seen in person, Santa is said to watch over the nation from the heavily fortified tower in Christmas Town. His advisors are but a few favored CEOs of various private monopolies. There are no government employees other than law enforcement agents and the soldiers who guard Santa's tower.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 am

That wouldn't quite be possible; all humans are genetically modified and ethnicities are a thing of the past. Also, humans don't have the same social classes anymore; there is but one human class: slave.

So, let's dump the beta body, since the only way to have a position approximately similar to real life in Victorious Decepticons is to be a sapient robot like the rest of the Cybertronians.

BUILT into the same relative class, I think I'd do quite well. I'm now a proper Decepticon robot, and being a primo bandito is no longer a problem. So I would go raiding, like many other Decepticons. Being the same somewhat lazy type I am now, I only do this when I'm almost out of Energon. This makes me not too rich, but it also lessens my chance of being shot down over some far-off planet, so it evens out. Physical health is easy to maintain - if something breaks, just install a replacement part. I'm probably a bit weird compared to the other robots, thanks to a general distaste for going to the Debugging Center, but this also lets me look at things in a different way. I'm one of the people who invent efficiency-increasing things so I don't have to bother doing so much raiding, and eventually, I hit on some discovery that I can sell. My love of the merchant-side reappears, and I end up selling my engine-efficiency mod for money and let other people haul their tails through space to raid.

Better yet, let's go with Victorious Decepticons canon:

I don't start out in Victorious Decepticons, but on Earth. The regular Earth, before the arrival of the Decepticons. One day, it comes on CNN that the refineries in Louisiana are under attack, but they don't give details "on the request of the Pentagon." I'm unconventional enough to think "Decepticons," and with the secrecy going on, that does it. I decide to drive down there and see if it's really the Decepticons!

I haul ass all the way from Michigan to New Orleans, and after driving through the 9th Ward, I arrive at an Army roadblock. The roadblock can't hide the facts: Megatron and some others ARE RAIDING the refineries! I stick the car somewhere and sneak in on foot. Around me, APCs are burning, and the stench of blasted human flesh is in the air. Some shrapnel from shot-down US military planes is scattered around. Nearer to the Decepticons, I see some red smears and an APC that's been smashed as flat as a tin can.

Suddenly I hear an angry rev and when I look up to where the sound came from, I see Megatron glowering at me and beginning to aim his fusion cannon in my direction. Quickly I bow down!

I hear a mighty footstep and when I peer upwards, there he is, about a foot away. In a flood of words I tell him that I always admired him, am ecstatic that he's actually real, and that I want to join up!! What I say is true, but as you can imagine, I'm quite amazed and more than a little scared, so the Spin Machine is off and I end up sounding like I'm 10.

Luckily for me and my life, his lie-detection circuit tells him that I'm telling it straight. Once I calm down a bit, we discuss what being a Decepticon is really like. It sounds a bit rougher than I imagined, but I figure I can deal.

That's when he says that they're actually going to INVADE EARTH and that I'm damned lucky that I asked to join first - those who try to join later will be SOL since they'll only be doing so to avoid the SLAVERY that will come to all opponents of the Decepticons!

I get in, am taken to their first Earth Base, and the first order of business is to ditch this "beta body" in favor of a "real" one - a giant and powerful metal one. I'm absolutely overjoyed and jump into the Transfer Seat in a single leap. Finally I don't have to feel like I'm trapped in a body that is doomed to slowly and inevitably crash until I die of some age-related disease! Finally all malfunctions will be easy to fix! Finally, I am free. Free of being human.

I am now Carjack, a plane-form Decepticon, painted in yellow with red stripes.

"Freedom through tyranny" sounds very Orwellian, but it fits here. All of the weakness and frailty of my former humanness is finally left behind...at the order of the proudly self-admitted tyrant, Megatron.

Immediately, I'm drafted into the Decepticon Military - a requirement of citizenship. While most immigrants take this aspect somewhat like a medicine, I find that enjoy it. Now, with my blasters, I get to show the still-humans what I think of their stupidity, their politics...and their willingness to accept death.

I quickly gain respect in the Military as the Decepticon-Earth War progresses. I tell Megatron and the High Generals just what to expect from nations like the United States, England, France, and Saudi Arabia. My info on the US's politics is especially helpful, and thanks to me, we funnel a load of money to groups like MoveOn.org to mess with their will to war. They also take my suggestion and begin attacking the US's allies first, causing the US to spread its military too thin to do anything much. Finally, we tip off the news organizations before most of our actions, so everywhere we go, Western armies have to watch out for the reporters who now always seem to be underfoot.

Finally, Megatron says that though my intel has been great, to be considered a "real" Decepticon I have to show that I'm willing to do some direct damage. The specific order turns out to be to wipe out the City of New York! Seems that an insurgency is boiling throughout the metropolis, and he wants a decisive end to it. I'm informed that to the Decepticons, a "decisive end" means that the entire place is to be razed down to the ground, with the people inside.

To aid in this, I'm given command of a battalion of troops. We go to the outskirts of the city and I order them to get down on their bellies and start sweeping the ground with their blasters on full power. I join in this. Even I am a bit surprised at the huge rush I get as the mighty city turns to dust and rubble before our unstoppable might! Most of the job is already done by the time the US Marines show up in numbers. They shoot off a few RPGs and other rockets, but they don't do much. We dodge the ordnance and even grab a few rockets and throw them back. Soon, the Marines run out of RPGs and rockets altogether. Then we just sweep the ground with our blasters, and the vaunted Marines disappear in a cloud of black smoke.

Within a couple of days, I have led my battalion to a Flawless Victory - no casualties on our side.

Because of this great success, I make High General - the first foreigner ever to be join the small group that has earned the highest rank under Megatron. I'm sent against several other insurgent-infested cities, and I'm known for being very efficient at permanently ending any chance of further rebellion from these cities. I also pick up a nickname.

I am now known as Carjack the Genocider.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Neo Athena
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Athena » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Being born into the lower class, I would be better off than in most nations. Since school is state funded and mandatory I would recieve a good education, though I would probably have to take a part-time job in a factory (hey, it's still better than the service industry). My early behavioral problems would likely have been beaten out of me by the strap, but my intelligence would be recognised and carefully nutured. With analytical engines doing most of the math I would likely have entered the sciences. It would be difficult to make a name for myself, since there is a lot of stiff competion here, but I would likely be able to take my place as one of Neo Athena's scientific ruling class. I would become a symbol of what Neo Athena stands for; rising from humble beginnings by my own intelligence and talent to become a man ready and able to do his part for science, for progress, for humanity! (and other sentient species)

In general, my life would be much more fufilling than it is now.

Yankee Britain
Attaché

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Britain » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:14 pm

I would probably wind up serving time in the Protectorate Army, a mistake the government would come to regret when I used the knowledge and training which they gave me to help one of the new and growing rebel movements which acts against the effectively totalitarian, if even-handed, rule of the Security Council.

If the Council were not toppled somehow, then it is quite likely that I would be found out as a rebel at some point, spend some time on the run, and then be killed in a shootout between rebel and Protectorate troops, or captured alive, and executed, or imprisoned.
Fatatatutti wrote:
Mutant Lobster People wrote:Killing and eating animals as a civilized species is wrong because we are not part of the natural cycle anymore.

Sorry, but you seem to be shooting down your own argument there. First you argue that humans aren't "better" than animals and then you say we shouldn't kill them because we're different? You're also insulting those animals like lions and tigers which are part of the "natural cycle" and do kill and eat animals.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information