NATION

PASSWORD

Nodiran Folk Tales.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Noders
Senator

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Nodiran Folk Tales.

Postby Noders » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 am

The Ballad Of Evil

The night brings naught but the horrors of what has been done through the ages.
I find no words to bring me solace, for what I have done, or for what I have become.
It is in man's nature to create monsters when there are none, to do his evil for him so that he may say, I have done no evil on this day.
But his sins are vast and many in number like the rain that falls from a dark sky above.
But who is this man?
He is I and though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I fear no evil because I am all that which is evil.
There is no light and I am merely but a shadow in the night, a gust of wind through the cracks, I slip unseen and unheard like the ant beneath mans feet.
I am all that which is evil what has man to say for himself when the horrors he unleashes and the death he bestows are my domain that which he has willingly given to me.
There is no god and there is no devil.
There is only man and his infinite capacity to breed my domain upon the earth and its many waters.
There is naught but me in the world and I am nothing but the true domain of what man has bred.
Fear is a power that I chose for myself I hand it to those who are cold and those who are hungry this is my only charity to man.
There are no lights in this darkness and man stumbles and falls like a blind man with no hope, there is no light to be seen for I cause their hearts and minds to bring forth my domain to embrace it as the noose embraces the man to be hanged.
Men think their evil goes unseen and unheard for who can see what lies in their minds and in their hearts?
I see it as I see all that is done there is nothing my eye does not catch and nothing my mind does not perceive, because I am that dark thought that you carry with you when awake , I rest in your mind when you slumber.
There is no where I am not and no man who has not me in them, but is man truly made this way?, he is and I make it so, your sins are sweet wine on my lips and your horrors my bread.
I take comfort from your pains and joy in your terrors.
I am what my master made me s monster to the work of evil for those who would not do so themselves.
They are gone now and I am all that remains of them a legacy of damnation and suffering, misery and pain, poison and blood, sickness and death.
I asked not for these but they are my curses and my only comforts.
There can be no god, for what "god" would allow me do what I was bidden to do and tolerate what I have become?
I am evil and I will last until the man is no more.

Prelude

In New Jerusalem, Noders, there are a great many libraries the oldest of which is the ספרייה של גילים (Library of Ages) many fascinating tomes and books, scrolls and microfilms may be found here, some dating as far back as the time of first great temple of Israel. Unknownst to the general public there is a secret sub basement to the building which contains a rather large vault, in this vault are contained books that defy all logical explanation, tomes the record horrors and creatures of such magnitude that madness is slain onto whomever reads them, books of pure evil that corrupt the soul and the mind at the very touch. But for the sake of time only one such tome will draw our undivided attention.

Sub-Basement Gamma

A groaning freight elevator can be heard the sound continues for a few moments then stops as it comes to rest in the sub-basement, the doors wheeze open and frightened looking young man steps out, he's not a particularly striking person short in stature, with mousy brown hair, his simple gray shirt is adorned only by a single round pin that of a junior apprentice librarian it has JA-LOA enraved into it. The entance way is dimily lit and it is bare save for a lonely bulb hanging from the ceiling and the vault door. A sharp noise crackels seemingly from nowhere and a voice speaks it is gravely and cold
"Aproach the vault door"

the young man timidly approaches the door he stops in front of it and a small console is revealed set into it

"Place your hand on the Console" it instructs him
He does so, the scaner quickly flashes and deep from within the door groaning sounds are heard as it slowly sinks into the floor,

The Tale Of The Immortal

Long ago a woman gave birth to a fine baby boy the boys father had run off and she was left alone to raise him as she saw fit but when ever any one remarked to her how fine he was growing up she would frown and say "Its a pity he wont see twenty" and so it went year after year until the day of the lads twentieth birthday he was found stone cold in his bed. The whole village was in an uproar and they dragged the boys mother outside and began to beat her for they assumed she poisoned the lad. They killed her and then went back for the boys body to give him a decent burial but his body was gone. That night the whole town gathered in the meeting hall to discus the days events. it had begun to pore so the halls doors where shut. All at once the door where thrust open and all the lights when out save for the one lighting the main raised speaking platform. A dark shape moved down the center of the hall and stood at the platform the lights began to all turn all at once and flicker wildly then the figure spoke "KNOW THIS THAT ALL WHO LIVE HERE SHALL NOT SEE THE RISING OF THE SUN AND THE ONE THAT DOES SHALL FOREVER BEAR THE SIN THAT WAS BORN HERE!"
with that all the men in the hall all collapsed as blood flowed freely from sudden neck wounds a young girl of ten standing in the back cut here hand when she fell over trying to get away as her father died like all the others. Then the figure was in front of her and she stopped "p--p-please mister don't kill me I'm only ten and i don't want to die"
the figure grabbed her hand and spit on the open cut but blood not spit fell from the mouth. "Hear what is say girl and hear me well you will not die not today and not ever but with the life comes a curse on each day you live you will be forced to take one life and you will be unable to stop it should you fall in love you will have to kill he whom you love and when you come to the age of twenty you will never never age nor lose your beauty for you will forever have to kill, one life was taken today and may more will be taken forever to atone for it." With that the figure disappeared
Last edited by Noders on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:35 am, edited 10 times in total.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Me=Noders God of pissing you off
Parkus= God Of Sex and Cool and lots of Cigs
Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
Indeos=God of you know what just a bloody god
Xarithis= God Of World Domination
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 am

Fineberg Times, Entertainment Section

New Edomite filmmaker Asa Nichol has come out of his reclusion recently and announced that he is making a film of the Nodiran folk tale, "The Tale of the Immortal".

"It's a creepy and strange story, and I'm planning on researching it thoroughly as well as other elements of Nodiran culture," announced the 64 year old film producer, standing in sunglasses and bathrobe on the veranda of his mansion in Nass.

Asked whether such subject material was culturally irrelevant during New Edom's third year in a civil war, Nichol replied, "No, not really; I think it's very important to maintain a sense of cultural perspective. It's a twist on the vampire myth--the idea that the 'other' cannot love or be loved, one of our deepest fears."

- Ruby de Witt, Entertainment Correspondant, Fineberg Times
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:26 am

Part Two Of The Tale Of The Immortal

Port of Carnavas Florence 1505: The dark figure moves through the shadows unseen and unheard it walks towards the docks with a air of purpose pausing only for a moment to kill a urchin who stumbled into the path. At the docks the figure boards one of the ships that making way out of the harbor no one pays the figure in black any attention as the robe slips below decks.
Seven months later Port of Asutre Florence 1506: A lone ship drifts into the harbor and a dark robbed figure leaves the ship. Several weeks later a few men decide to rob the ship as the climb aboard they find the whole ship empty down to the hull finally reaching the Captains quarters they found a letter and a huge amount a gunpowder drums
the letter simply stated
You have entered this ship to steal but all that you will take from here is death!
with that the drums exploded and the whole ship was set a light and in the distance could be heard till the ship passed the water line where the screams of the dammed souls.
Berlin 1914:
"And all I request is that the kaiser and his allies undertake a world war and I will insure that Germany will be made the heir of the world"
with that the figure strode out of the chambers and vanished
London 1914:
"And all I request is that the King and his allies undertake a world war and i will insure that Britain will be made the heir of the world"
with that the figure strode out of the palace and headed for the red light district of London.
Gropecunt Lane Number 39 London:
The dark figure knocked three times then entered the dimly lit room the smell of smoke and the sounds of sex where in the air the figure headed into the back and entered the last room before the cellar.
Sitting on the only piece of furniture in the room a bed sat a raven haired beauty.
She looked up
"it'll be a dollar for a blow on the pizzel and and three for the works mister hurry up i haven't got all day"
The figure spoke
"I'm not interested in sex or any form of it miss i have come to jog your memory of events long passed now let me see your hand"
She pulled of her cheap cotton glove and showed him the palm of her hand it bore a black scar in the shape of a star.
He looked at her in they eyes
"Do you know who I am?"
she looked away suddenly
"its--s not possible you should be dead"
for the first time ever the figure laughed.
"I could say the same for your self you where born in 1204 it doesn't matter though I have a way for you to get out of the curse I laid on you but sadly the man you will have to love is not yet born I will return at the dawn of the new millenium good bye Aliza"
With that he vanished.
End Part Two
Last edited by Noders on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Noders: Only the finest books and pizza. And books about pizza. Not so much their book-flavored pizzas, though.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK
"Ruthless and efficient in the bedroom as well as on the battlefield, Britannia is the living emblem of strength, persistence, and dignity and Really Fucking Good Line Art.

Noders
Senator

Nodiran Folk Tales.

Postby Noders » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:54 pm

snip
Last edited by Noders on Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Fineberg Times, Entertainment Section

Reclusive film producer Asa Nichol has begun sending out scouts for locations and local talent for the film which is tentatively titled, "The Immortal."

"Yeah, yeah," said the director, wearing sunglasses, sporting a thick beard and hunched in an overcoat, "I think "Tale of the Immortal" is a little too long for a title, yeah? Thing is, we gotta have a snappy title. It's sexy, it's strange, it's intriguing; it's more like a bad dream than a myth. Anyway, I'm planning on visiting the country soon, hopefully get some ideas from that, ya know?"

The director, known for his movies which are curiously often banned in New Edom itself but shown in more liberal countries--and ones not plagued by civil war--such as Maraque and Ossurwald, has stated that he has no intention of stinting on the sex, violence and controversial subject matter that tends to be part of his films.

"Yeah, yeah!" he said. "My movies are slice of life, baby, slice of life. So if there's blood in life, then there's blood in life. If there's sex in life, there's sex in life. If there's violence..."

- Ruby de Witt, Entertainment Correspondant, Fineberg Times.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Part three of The Tale Of The Immortal

1915 somewhere near the eastern front German lines Forward HQ:
Karl Sternbach was playing a game of poker and losing badly when the Hauptmann came in with a fellow wearing the uniform of the S.I.C (Special Intelligence core) only thing very notable about the man was the non standard color of his uniform which was entirely black, boots, jacket, hat and pants.
"Sternbach FRONT AND CENTER!
Karl got off his can and hurried over to where the Hauptmann was standing with the Leutnant from S.I.C
Karl saluted and said
"Yes Sir?"
The Hauptmann spoke
"The Leutnant here would like to take you and seven men over to the Villa and see if there is any ting of value to take."
Karl was shocked at the order
"Sir if i may protest we lost the two squads we sent in there already and I would not like to add my name and my men's name to the list"
The Hauptmann began to turn bright red.
"THIS IS NOT A POLITE SUGGESTION NOW GET IN THE TRUCK OUTSIDE!"
Karl saluted and exited the barracks and got in the back of the truck with the men who where to accompany him.
The Leutnant from S.I.C got in the front cabin and the truck started up.
Karl didn't pay the scenery much attention as it all looked the same bomb craters shell crater's dead bodies.

They began to near the villa and instead of dead land a dead village came into view burnt buildings and the like until they entered the area in front of the villa where the massive building seem to take to the heavens.
Karl and the other men dismounted and entered the building the Leutnant from S.I.C came in behind them and moved towards Karl. The main entry way had two flights of curved stairs leading to a indoor deck it was dark and the only light came from there electric torches. The Leutnant signaled Karl to follow him and Karl motioned to the men to stay on the ground floor and watch the entry. Karl followed the Leutnant to the next floor where they entered a room with a huge pair of double doors.

As soon as Karl was through the doorway it slammed shut and made the sound of a heavy bolt being draw across it form the other side. Then the noises started Karl could hear his men screaming and sounds of gunfire and horror Karl slammed himself into the door to try to break it open and shouted at the Leutnant to help him but the man stood there as if in a trance. The noises stopped and the door opened. Karl rushed out to the railing and when he looked down he vomited he had seen gore before but not like this not like this the soldiers bodies looked like they had been ripped apart and put back to gather by some mad man and then shredded. All the blood was flowing into the center of the floor where it seem to be swallowed by the carpet. Karl rushed down and ripped up the carpet int he center was a stone drain with an inscription it was written in a language Karl did not recognize
"Sanguinis Peccata"
"Blood For the Sins is what it means boy I'm sure you don't understand so let me do it for you"
Karl spun around the Leutnant had come down and was standing behind him He resumed speaking
"Along time ago in this village there was a terrible crime committed a mother was falsely accused of killing her own child the towns people took the woman and beat and raped her then murdered her. This is the very spot they did it and the blood in there is of the most vile and evil on this realm if the blood in there is drank by man he will become immortal at the price of himself"
The Leutnant pulled out his pistol and shot Karl in the chest and walked out Karl's body fell on the drain and the blood splashed over his face.
Last edited by Noders on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:34 am

"I don't get it," said the Best Writer in New Edom.

"What's not to get?" wheezed Asa, coughing and choking on a cigarette.

"Those things are gonna kill ya." murmured the Best Writer in New Edom.

"Cough cough hack hack!" said Asa emphatically.

"Yeah, so's your mother's ass. But why did he shoot the guy?"

Asa's face was red with possibly indignation or approaching throat cancer, the Writer couldn't say, but he was certainly waving his hands in the air and breathing nicotine vehemently. "It's a mystery. And it's a great action scene--it implies that history has marched on, but the mystery still remains, like a ghost ship always on the high seas!"

"When do we get to read the rest?" protested the Best Writer in New Edom.

"When we can translate the damned thing. In the meantime, I'm going to find a casting director and a location scout while you get to work on the first stuff." Asa Nichol drew in an obviously painful drag on his cigarette, deep chest wrenching rumbles starting up like an engine forced to take dirty diesel.

The Best Writer in New Edom sighed and got to work...

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:41 am

The Villa 1915
Karl awoke with a start he turned over and coughed up blood that he had swallowed while face down in the drain. He couldn't remember how he had got there all he remembered was was...was....getting shot he got shot in the chest and by all means he should be dead. Karl looked down at his shirt and saw the bullet hole in his uniform above his heart. How How am I alive? Karl was stunned he picked up a rifle from one of the corpses and some ammo and pulled a few more pistol clips as well he wanted to get back to the barracks but he feared that he had no choice but to stay in the house and figure out what had happened. He walked over to the door set below the stair case and opened it the door led to a small landing a flight of stairs that lead down below the villa. Karl pulled the rifle off his shoulder and and readied him self he walked down the stairs to find himself in a wine cellar he had hoped for a library but realized only some one foolish would build it underground to much moisture and the books would rot. He searched the racks and found a bottle of 1890 and pulled the stopper and drank heavily just then something hit him hard from behind and he passed out.
Last edited by Noders on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

The cold ice
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The cold ice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:54 am

you should put this in your sig its awesome :D
Everyone calls me Ice.

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:22 am

German Front Lines 1919
Karl woke up in a muddy trench dugout and rolled of the bed and walked out into the main trench a few men where at the fire step and one of them jumped down and walked over to him.
"so Sergeant you decided to wake up at last eh?"

Karl was stunned all he remembered was the villa and now this.

"What what are you talking about?"

Just the someone shouted
"INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!"
shells started to go off every where and Karl went and grabbed a helmet and a rifle from the dugout.
A voice shouted over the rising din
"UP TO THE PARAPET MEN ONE FUCKING LAST TIME SADLY AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!"
Karl got up and got his rifle in place men in khaki where coming into view and his mind shut down to the core of the beast fire, free bolt, fire, free bolt, stab rib, tear hack kick gouge.. only one thought crossed his mind the whole time what the hell are the Russian wearing khaki for and how the hell do they speak English?
Then they where gone dragging them selves back towards their own line the man who had first spoke to him turned to him and said
"goddamn asshole high command they gave it up we could have beat them and they threw in the sponge WE HAD THEM!"
Karl looked over the bloody ground
"where the hell are we any ways?"
the man turned to him and said
"Names Adolph Hitler and where in what will be know as the western front Russian quit we moved here and the we had them but the high command quit they say we where going to lose no matter what" and now in 1919 we have the goddamn limeys and froogies beat us we almost gave in in 1918 but we didn't and held on for one more year now we are truly fucked my friend we need to get this damn place in order and i mean all of it any ways Karl if your ever in Berlin try to fine me eh?"
Karl was stunned
"Will do Adolph."
End Part
Last edited by Noders on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Berlin August 1939

Karl walked into the staff room were Hitler a few generals where looking over the plans for the invasion of Poland. Karl slammed a thick brown folder on the table. Hitler looked at it for a moment then said

"Gentleman please leave us for a moment Karl and I need to have a few words alone."

The generals made a quick exit from the room and shut the door behind them leaving Karl and Hitler alone in the meeting room, as soon as the door shut Karl angrily tore open the folder and pulled out several documents laying them on the table he said

"Adolph you swore to me that you where going to throw this final solution scheisse away and yet here I am looking at a copy of it and it bears your seal and date for completion I have told you that we cannot afford to be wasting our men and our time killing Jews, gypsies, homosexuals and commies we need to focus on beating the real threat and you know Stalin will only hold to our agreement as long as he see's fit so please Adolph from one Soldier to another get rid of this garbage."

Hitler paused for a moment to gather his thoughts and then spoke.

"Karl you know as well as I that we are trying to make ourselves lords over this country and these people will never accept us no matter what. We need to not just control the minds of our people but their hearts as well and take the Jew for example no matter how much you bring him away from his roots he will always remain at his heart a jew, and the jew as you should know can never accept a man as their god as men die. This is buried deep within them that belief no matter how buried and covered and nothing can change it. So we must rid ourselves of them because dead jews pose no threats to live Germans."

Karl simply sighed and walked out of the room.

A figure moved from the shadows and stood behind Hitler it spoke its voice had the distinct flavor of German Royalty.

"Oh come now my Fuhrer you lie to him so easily and yet he is the only one here who has yours and Germany's best interests at heart how sad it must be for you to see all this and be unable to do anything but for the power you craved there was a price and the bargain we made is unchangeable now So do as i bid you my puppet and think of what you are going to achieve for the Third Reich."

With that the figure melted away unseen.
Last edited by Noders on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Noders
Senator

Postby Noders » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:01 pm

A memory
The sky is a dull gray, ugly and overcast your view is that of a forest old and forbidding, the fog lies heavily upon the ground like a moldy gray carpet, it does not lend itself well to the eye and most of the local townsfolk go out of their way to avoid it especially during the night and early hours of the morning. The forest wasn't always there you see it was originally a very nice clearing stretching out as far as the eye could see from the town full of wild flowers and blueberry bushes, then sometime after the first world war the towns folk awoke to find the clearing gone and the forest in its place at first the towns folk where confused and frightened, but they got over there fear and went about their business, but always that feeling of ultimate dread was there, just out of reach but always threatening to return with a cold vengeance.

Poland Some time after the Nazi conquest of 1940

A low rumble can be heard in the distance and a snarling truck escorted by an APC come into view they stop on the edge of the wood the engines howling as if unwilling to move into the dark woods with a start the vehicles move some distance into the wood and come to a final stop the sound of the engines replaced by the creaking of old trees and of even older things. The back doors of the APC swing out and 7 Schütze accompanied by a single Rottenführer disembark from the rear the mill around waiting clearly uncomfortable, a few moments go by and a lone figure exits the truck, the driver remaining behind the wheel you can see by his insignia and uniform he is an Obersturmbannführer, he pauses to light a cigarette clearly noticing the discomfort of the troops accompanying him he smiles, it is not a pleasant sort of smile it is the kind you wish you could wipe from your memory but instead it lingers like a dark stain. He turns in the direction of the Rottenführer calling out
"Gunter stop standing around like a frightened little school girl and have the men get the cargo out of the back already we've wasted enough time no?"

"Of course Obersturmbannführer Engel at once!"

Gunter barks some commands and the men descend, they quickly walk over to the back of the truck and begin pulling their "cargo" out of the rear and onto the forest floor. In this case it was 3 men and a woman their hands and feet bound with a stout black rope, they were clearly unconscious as the rough way the Schütze carried them did not stir them a bit.
reachi also remove a metal trough and stout wooden crate dragging everything into the forest out of sight of their little convoy the Schütze return and reboard the apc with the Gunter embarking last. Engel strides off in the direction they just returned from pausing only to toss his cigarette butt on the ground.
Last edited by Noders on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Menassa= God of the Jews
Spreewerke=God of the AK

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information