NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
27%
Benomia
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
4%
Kyrusia
2%
Purpelia
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
6%
Spreewerke
10%
Transnapastain
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
2%
United states of brazilian nations
7%

Total votes : 134

Istevia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Speaking of replacements should I look into replacing my AKM's or is there no real point in doing so?
EDIT: Tell me what's wrong with this picture
Last edited by Istevia on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:You know looking at it, this and this are turbo shit. I should redo them at some point. That said, any up-front criticisms? (I don't bite)

Handguard on the bolt action seems a bit long, but that might be preference of mine. Side loading or single shot?
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Istevia wrote:Speaking of replacements should I look into replacing my AKM's or is there no real point in doing so?

AK-109 if you want an advanced rifle, AK-103 is you just want an upgraded AKM that's still really cheap.

Both fire 7.62x39 from magazines compatible with the AKM, so your logistics issues are mostly nonexistent.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Muzztopia wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:You know looking at it, this and this are turbo shit. I should redo them at some point. That said, any up-front criticisms? (I don't bite)

Well the second riffle depending on the caliber type could be an effective bold action sniper with a scope added of course

I don't draw optics or magazines. ;)

Istevia wrote:Speaking of replacements should I look into replacing my AKM's or is there no real point in doing so?

There's no point. AKs will outlast your nation in both a literal sense, and usefulness.

Bezombia wrote:

Handguard on the bolt action seems a bit long, but that might be preference of mine. Side loading or single shot?

Magazine fed.
Unreachable.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Honest truth time, all most all MMW (within the last 60 years) are comparable. So keep the AKM the difference is minimal enough to not mater.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Istevia wrote:EDIT: Tell me what's wrong with this picture
(Image)

Everything seems to be in order here.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:

Honest truth time, all most all MMW (within the last 60 years) are comparable. So keep the AKM the difference is minimal enough to not mater.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that for example the M14 really isn't comparable to the AN-94.

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:

There's no point. AKs will outlast your nation in both a literal sense, and usefulness.

So it's not even worth upgrading to 103's or 109's?

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Istevia wrote:

That's money you could spend at home m8. The gains you'd see (which you won't really see) wouldn't be worth the extra expenses.

#FiscallyResponsibleGovernment
Unreachable.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 pm

IMO it'd be worth it for the -109. If you choose the -103, honestly I'd just start buying them and just use them to replace AKMs that somehow get broken.

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Bezombia wrote:IMO it'd be worth it for the -109. If you choose the -103, honestly I'd just start buying them and just use them to replace AKMs that somehow get broken.

How do you break an AK? :blink:

3 State Alliance
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 3 State Alliance » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Istevia wrote:
Bezombia wrote:IMO it'd be worth it for the -109. If you choose the -103, honestly I'd just start buying them and just use them to replace AKMs that somehow get broken.

Never underestimate what bored soldiers can do...
"Lets introduce these savages to the 20th century! All ranks, fire at will."
Commissar Maria Smith, The Siege of High Reach

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Istevia wrote:

Hydrogen bomb does the trick
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:Honest truth time, all most all MMW (within the last 60 years) are comparable. So keep the AKM the difference is minimal enough to not mater.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that for example the M14 really isn't comparable to the AN-94.

Yes but a force armed with M14s isn't going to be to far behind the AN-94. Other stuff is going to mater more, like tanks and planes and leadership. The big pieces that mater are semi automatic, rifle cartridge and detachable magazine, usually 30 for randomness.
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Istevia wrote:

The same thing you do to break metal. Hit it.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Istevia wrote:

Mainly by knocking the front trunnion out of alignment.
Unreachable.

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Istevia wrote:How do you break an AK? :blink:

I know, I was just making a (lame) joke about Ak's being indestructible.

EDIT: Should I also not bother replacing my RPG-7's and simply give them PG-7VR warheads?
Last edited by Istevia on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm

Istevia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

I know, I was just making a (lame) joke about Ak's being indestructible.

EDIT: Should I also not bother replacing my RPG-7's and simply give them PG-7VR warheads?

Give the 7s to your militia and pick up some 29Vs and 30s.
Unreachable.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Istevia wrote:

Rule 1 of weapons design: No matter how well you design it, grunts will always find a way to break it

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Istevia wrote:I know, I was just making a (lame) joke about Ak's being indestructible.

Give the 7s to your militia and pick up some 29Vs and 30s.

Nah keep the 7's around. You might upgrade with more modern materials to reduce the weight. But there great for squad level weapons.
Fact Book.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:Honest truth time, all most all MMW (within the last 60 years) are comparable. So keep the AKM the difference is minimal enough to not mater.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that the AN-94 is not a MMW.

Istevia wrote:

It's worth upgrading to the AK-103, or at the very least, adopting its style of folding stock. You can just make AKMs as you have been but use a side-folding, polymer stock such as is found on the SLR-107 series. They are basically the real-life equivalent of what I'm describing, except your rifles would probably retain the gas block and front sight/muzzle thread design of the AKM since there's not really a reason to switch to '74-pattern on those parts.

Basically this: http://imageshack.us/a/img23/1322/newhalfbakedkp1.jpg

You can either use the triangle stock like they're using or the AK-100-series stock (http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/ ... 1-94-8.jpg). Both stocks use the same trunnion, so you could start upgrading with the metal ones at first and then adopt the polymer ones later. The biggest advantage of the AK-103 over the AKM is the folding stock and the AK-74 front sight block plus its muzzle brake. The '100-series brakes are much more effective devices than the standard AKM slant.

The AK-109 would be too expensive for minimal positives. Recoil and muzzle movement would be greatly reduced, but you are stuck at using only 16" barrels. Since your carbines would have to use the standard gas system, anyway, there's really no reason not to just have everything use the standard gas system. It lowers production costs, ups parts compatibility, and just makes sense.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Give the 7s to your militia and pick up some 29Vs and 30s.

Nah keep the 7's around. You might upgrade with more modern materials to reduce the weight. But there great for squad level weapons.

50/50 to hit 5mx2.5m target at 200m.
Unreachable.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:Nah keep the 7's around. You might upgrade with more modern materials to reduce the weight. But there great for squad level weapons.

50/50 to hit 5mx2.5m target at 200m.

So upgrade the missiles, which is where most of the accuracy comes in.
Fact Book.

Istevia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Istevia » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Bezombia wrote:

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that the AN-94 is not a MMW.

Istevia wrote:So it's not even worth upgrading to 103's or 109's?

It's worth upgrading to the AK-103, or at the very least, adopting its style of folding stock. You can just make AKMs as you have been but use a side-folding, polymer stock such as is found on the SLR-107 series. They are basically the real-life equivalent of what I'm describing, except your rifles would probably retain the gas block and front sight/muzzle thread design of the AKM since there's not really a reason to switch to '74-pattern on those parts.

Basically this: http://imageshack.us/a/img23/1322/newhalfbakedkp1.jpg

You can either use the triangle stock like they're using or the AK-100-series stock (http://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/ ... 1-94-8.jpg). Both stocks use the same trunnion, so you could start upgrading with the metal ones at first and then adopt the polymer ones later. The biggest advantage of the AK-103 over the AKM is the folding stock and the AK-74 front sight block plus its muzzle brake. The '100-series brakes are much more effective devices than the standard AKM slant.

The AK-109 would be too expensive for minimal positives. Recoil and muzzle movement would be greatly reduced, but you are stuck at using only 16" barrels. Since your carbines would have to use the standard gas system, anyway, there's really no reason not to just have everything use the standard gas system. It lowers production costs, ups parts compatibility, and just makes sense.

Alright then, I guess I'll do that, the triangle stock doesn't look all that comfortable though.

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Question, Can Halo Weapons and infantry armor (including SPARTAN variants) be classified as PMT or FT?
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information