NATION

PASSWORD

Main Military Weapon of Your Country (Mk. IV) The Proper Un

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
The Big one? It moves so the shooter can have a comfortable grip (As well as non human shooters)

Non human you say. How well does it suit the peculiar physiology of frost giants?

Excellent question.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Indeos wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Non human you say. How well does it suit the peculiar physiology of frost giants?

I'm fairly sure the jötunn don't use guns, to be perfectly honest. Nor is their physiology peculiar, actually.

A what?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Indeos wrote:
I'm fairly sure the jötunn don't use guns, to be perfectly honest. Nor is their physiology peculiar, actually.

A what?

Giants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6tunn
Unreachable.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:26 pm

I laughed at the armpit babies.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Indeos wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Non human you say. How well does it suit the peculiar physiology of frost giants?

Well they are a tad large. Doesen't that count?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Indeos wrote:

Firing a gun would apparently be like punching them in the ovaries.
Unreachable.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Well they are a tad large. Doesen't that count?

Firing a gun would apparently be like punching them in the ovaries.

So? Sport shooting anyone? Hunting?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Transformers 3 is wat on every level, discounting the transformers themselves.
They use Tomahawks, cruise missiles with a 454kg high explosive warhead designed to knock out a bunker or entire facility, as lollong-range repurposed surface-to-air missiles, that seem to hardly detonate respective to their warhead of one half ton of explosive glory.

Plus things that were just so wat I actually made myself forget them.
Last edited by Samozaryadnyastan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Red Schrattal
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Schrattal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Purpelia wrote:What's with the funky ring in the back? Is it a frost giant scale trigger guard?

The Big one? It moves so the shooter can have a comfortable grip (As well as non human shooters)

KISS has no application in your reality, does it?

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Transformers 3 is wat on every level, discounting the transformers themselves.
They use Tomahawks, cruise missiles with a 454kg high explosive warhead designed to knock out a bunker or entire facility, as lollong-range repurposed surface-to-air missiles, that seem to hardly detonate respective to their warhead of one half ton of explosive glory.

Where did Transformers 3 come from, I mean I know it was a terrible movie, but I watched it despite that. (I call that type of movie brain deaders, just turn the brain off and enjoy)

And yes the Tomahawks should have done more, but then again the entirety of humanity should have been screwed because we were being invaded by gigantic ultra tech robots, anything short of a nuke we could have thrown at them should have bounced off.
Last edited by Spirit of Hope on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Red Schrattal wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:

WHat?
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Red Schrattal wrote:

WHat?

KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

meaning make things simple and they work out better
Fact Book.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
WHat?

KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid

meaning make things simple and they work out better

O! Yeah No purpose what so ever.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:
Red Schrattal wrote:

WHat?

KISS = "Keep It Stupid Simple" or "Keep It Simple, Stupid" or any variation thereof. Basically, the AK series is the absolute definition of KISS: simple enough to be used, maintained, and made by pretty much everyone. The more intricate the weapon (complicated), the more expensive it will be to make, more training it will require to maintain and use, and more specialized machinery it will need for production.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Transformers 3 is wat on every level, discounting the transformers themselves.

Where did Transformers 3 come from, I mean I know it was a terrible movie, but I watched it despite that. (I call that type of movie brain deaders, just turn the brain off and enjoy)

And yes the Tomahawks should have done more, but then again the entirety of humanity should have been screwed because we were being invaded by gigantic ultra tech robots, anything short of a nuke we could have thrown at them should have bounced off.

What I don't get is, instead of using the Tomahawks against the Decepticon fighters... why not fire them at the towers that they so wanted offline? A target that the Tomahawk was designed for? Something it could reliably expect to hit?
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:

What I don't get is, instead of using the Tomahawks against the Decepticon fighters... why not fire them at the towers that they so wanted offline? A target that the Tomahawk was designed for? Something it could reliably expect to hit?

They did it for the same reason that [Turd Fergeson's] AutoMag IV blew that one guy's entire torso out (off?) in that one movie inside the barber shop while not damaging anything behind the guy. It's those magic bullets that Hollywood makes!

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:
Spirit of Hope wrote:

Because Hollywood. Thats the only reason i can think of,
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador

Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:What I don't get is, instead of using the Tomahawks against the Decepticon fighters... why not fire them at the towers that they so wanted offline? A target that the Tomahawk was designed for? Something it could reliably expect to hit?

Because that would be smart? Maybe they had to deactivate the towers first? I can't remember and the plot required that the humans and good transformers go in, so they did. Again imho Tomahawks should have all been shot down after like a second, by Transformer air defense. Because these robots are hundreds of years ahead of us, it would be like a 14th century army trying to attack a city held by a modern army division.
Fact Book.

Red Schrattal
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Schrattal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
WHat?

KISS = "Keep It Stupid Simple" or "Keep It Simple, Stupid" or any variation thereof. Basically, the AK series is the absolute definition of KISS: simple enough to be used, maintained, and made by pretty much everyone. The more intricate the weapon (complicated), the more expensive it will be to make, more training it will require to maintain and use, and more specialized machinery it will need for production.

And, moreover, the more likely it will be to break. Rotating pistol-grip/trigger mechanism? While you're fussing with getting your grip just right, twenty men have learned how to hold a normal rifle properly.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Very true. My P38 is probably the most sophisticated (and my favourite) pistol I have. Unfortunately, the loaded indicator likes to get itself stuck like a dick. Last time it was because the pin had slightly rotated and was getting some friction on its spring. It's sticking again, but since last time was a three day process of figuring it the hell out, I don't think I'll even bother with it. I'll just shoot it like normal and assume the recoil will knock it/rotate it back into place. It's an amazing pistol, but trying to make a minor fix on it is a complete pain. My relative (retired USMC) said it pretty close to the truth: "The Germans make the best weapons for killing other Germans (or anyone else for that matter), and they also make it twice as complicated as it needs to be."

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:38 pm

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l598/Cooke28/?action=view&current=myweapon12.jpg

Primary Ak copy weapon in the Cookish Armed Forces. One of the first guns i designed on PMG.
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Spreewerke wrote:Very true. My P38 is probably the most sophisticated (and my favourite) pistol I have. Unfortunately, the loaded indicator likes to get itself stuck like a dick. Last time it was because the pin had slightly rotated and was getting some friction on its spring. It's sticking again, but since last time was a three day process of figuring it the hell out, I don't think I'll even bother with it. I'll just shoot it like normal and assume the recoil will knock it/rotate it back into place. It's an amazing pistol, but trying to make a minor fix on it is a complete pain. My relative (retired USMC) said it pretty close to the truth: "The Germans make the best weapons for killing other Germans (or anyone else for that matter), and they also make it twice as complicated as it needs to be."

My USP disagrees. That's the most simple and reliable semi pistol I've ever encountered
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Indeos
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Indeos » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
Samozaryadnyastan wrote:What I don't get is, instead of using the Tomahawks against the Decepticon fighters... why not fire them at the towers that they so wanted offline? A target that the Tomahawk was designed for? Something it could reliably expect to hit?

Because that would be smart? Maybe they had to deactivate the towers first? I can't remember and the plot required that the humans and good transformers go in, so they did. Again imho Tomahawks should have all been shot down after like a second, by Transformer air defense. Because these robots are hundreds of years ahead of us, it would be like a 14th century army trying to attack a city held by a modern army division.

The Transformers didn't really have a reason for APS, though. The armaments they had wouldn't have been effected by it, and IIRC it has something to do with the fact that they can't really build armor strong enough to stop their own weapons without sacrificing everything else. In the first movie, at least, 99% of human small arms couldn't even scratch their paint; that scorpion thing was really low-level for a Cybertronian, but it took hardcore air support to destroy.

Purpelia wrote:
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Firing a gun would apparently be like punching them in the ovaries.

So? Sport shooting anyone? Hunting?

Bows, clubs, spears, swords...y'know, traditional Norse stuff. People hunted long before guns were even a thought, and they weren't massive semi-deific giants.

Purpelia wrote:
Indeos wrote:

That's not peculiar, since apart from size they're basically just humans.
Come listen to my mate at http://stressfactor.co.uk/new2007/home.html every Thursday, 5-6pm EST!
Or http://kraftyradio.com/ every Sunday, 6-7pm EST!
Or check out his SoundCloud(Free Music DL): http://soundcloud.com/sergeant-sheep
And for some cool art and electronics' skins(different friend): http://thesk.in/
‎"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster, and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Dear Jenrak - Give cancer the banhammer!
Serious Name: The Imperial Fiefdoms of Indeos
NSG: Proud Honorary Son of the Sea Queen Of Connaught
Long Live The Community! Long Live Max!

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm

The Cookish States wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:Very true. My P38 is probably the most sophisticated (and my favourite) pistol I have. Unfortunately, the loaded indicator likes to get itself stuck like a dick. Last time it was because the pin had slightly rotated and was getting some friction on its spring. It's sticking again, but since last time was a three day process of figuring it the hell out, I don't think I'll even bother with it. I'll just shoot it like normal and assume the recoil will knock it/rotate it back into place. It's an amazing pistol, but trying to make a minor fix on it is a complete pain. My relative (retired USMC) said it pretty close to the truth: "The Germans make the best weapons for killing other Germans (or anyone else for that matter), and they also make it twice as complicated as it needs to be."

My USP disagrees. That's the most simple and reliable semi pistol I've ever encountered

I'm not talking about field-stripping if that's what you're referring to: getting to the guts of a P38 is a bitch. Field-stripping, however, is simpler than a GLOCK (P38 = three pieces).

Mosasauria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mosasauria » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Yes Im Biop wrote:
WHat?

Ala the AN-94 from what I've recently found out. There's reasons why it's a strictly specialist weapon.
Under New Management since 8/9/12

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information