NATION

PASSWORD

Does your country use mechs?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Decepticon Command
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Decepticon Command » Thu May 21, 2020 6:10 am

Accept incoming DataNet message?
Y <
N

This question has been deemed offensive to our people.
Tell us: Does your country use the hollowed flesh of your organic comrades?
Editoriole
Last edited by Decepticon Command on Thu May 21, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's in a name?
Primarily IC. Nation does not represent player.

User avatar
Eikotomi
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 141
Founded: Apr 18, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eikotomi » Thu May 21, 2020 6:29 am

The Eikotomi Imperial Armed Forces have formally indicated that there are plans to develop mechs but none are yet in the testing or operational stage.

User avatar
White Sun
Envoy
 
Posts: 325
Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby White Sun » Thu May 21, 2020 7:03 am

No, despite having the technomagical level to achieve them, we, the White Sun Empire, refuse to engage in stereotypes.
The White Sun Empire
"智徳俊英"
Kiyonai Chronicler
First Fleet Week since before the Proteus Event to take place on schedule | The Week in Pictures

User avatar
TURTLESHROOM II
Minister
 
Posts: 3273
Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Thu May 21, 2020 10:00 am

TurtleShroom does not have the technology to deploy GIANT KILLER ROBOTS, as cool as that would be. However, under TS law, they would have to be manned.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 821,333.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.
News ticker (updated 5/14/2019 AD):

Where the Heaven is Jason Icfella? Primate unseen since Borgian See sacked -|- Congress mulling intervention in Borgian civil war -|- Board of Censors rejects latest "Doom" title because of bare-hands killing and gore, demands missile/projectile only version -|- "Undertale II: Delta Rune" accelerating TS86-DOS adoption -|- TS/Daru cultural exchange "roaring success", says Crown

User avatar
Eahland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1273
Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Thu May 21, 2020 11:25 am

Decepticon Command wrote:
This question has been deemed offensive to our people.
Tell us: Does your country use the hollowed flesh of your organic comrades?
Editoriole

In fact, using the outer layer of flesh, and sometimes other body parts such as the internal frame, from other sentient organics as armor or other gear has been totally normal throughout the history of mankind. We also have a long history of forcing other organics to serve us as combat vehicles, though that's largely a thing of the past - because their performance isn't adequate for the modern battlefield, not because of any ethical concerns about enslaving entire species and forcing them to carry us into battle.

We also consume other sentient organics as fuel. We have entire industries dedicated to breeding and raising sentient organics in captivity, and then efficiently slaughtering them, dismembering them, and distributing their dismembered corpses for consumption. Sometimes we go out and stalk, murder, and eat other sentient organics simply for fun. We do this because we like how sentient creatures taste, not because it's a biological imperative. We're entirely capable of subsisting solely on non-sentient fuel, though it requires a little more attention to diet.

Humanity is way more horrifying than you are, and you'd best not forget it.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

User avatar
Cameroi
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15581
Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Cameroi » Thu May 21, 2020 11:32 am

small NON-anthropomorphic robotic machines are common in construction, agriculture, mining, timbering and so on, many industries, minerals processing, manufacturing, just about anything, but it is contrary to our culture to make them look anything at all like sapient organic people. those which do have a.i. personalities are considered people, just as most organic living creatures are. we don't have technologies dedicated specifically to armed conflict, but we have lots of duel use and multi-use technologies that make really handi-dandi weapon alternatives should the need for them to be so deployed ever arise.

our military stratigists, yes we do have those, consider giant sapientoid war machines to make wonderful easy to hit targets and see no point in doing so other then as decoys and distractions.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

User avatar
Decepticon Command
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Decepticon Command » Thu May 21, 2020 10:26 pm

Eahland wrote:In fact, using the outer layer of flesh, and sometimes other body parts such as the internal frame, from other sentient organics as armor or other gear has been totally normal throughout the history of mankind. We also have a long history of forcing other organics to serve us as combat vehicles, though that's largely a thing of the past - because their performance isn't adequate for the modern battlefield, not because of any ethical concerns about enslaving entire species and forcing them to carry us into battle.

We also consume other sentient organics as fuel. We have entire industries dedicated to breeding and raising sentient organics in captivity, and then efficiently slaughtering them, dismembering them, and distributing their dismembered corpses for consumption. Sometimes we go out and stalk, murder, and eat other sentient organics simply for fun. We do this because we like how sentient creatures taste, not because it's a biological imperative. We're entirely capable of subsisting solely on non-sentient fuel, though it requires a little more attention to diet.

Humanity is way more horrifying than you are, and you'd best not forget it.


Accept incoming DataNet message?
Y <
N

While I agree that most of these actions are barbaric, I believe they are proof of the
inherently flawed and insufficient nature of organic lifeforms, not something to fear.

Nevertheless, your failed attempt to intimidate us is... vaguely admirable, on a level
comparable to Earth fauna attempting to stand upright shortly after activation.
Editoriole
What's in a name?
Primarily IC. Nation does not represent player.

User avatar
The IndependentSystems
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: May 21, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby The IndependentSystems » Thu May 21, 2020 10:57 pm

If by 'mechs' you are referring to our various legged tanks and walkers, then yes, quite frequently.
FT
This nation is based on Star Wars, in a world where Palpatine and Dooku's plots were uncovered and the two eliminated, bringing an end to the Clone Wars peacefully.

User avatar
Eahland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1273
Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Fri May 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Decepticon Command wrote:
While I agree that most of these actions are barbaric, I believe they are proof of the
inherently flawed and insufficient nature of organic lifeforms, not something to fear.

Nevertheless, your failed attempt to intimidate us is... vaguely admirable, on a level
comparable to Earth fauna attempting to stand upright shortly after activation.
Editoriole

Says the special snowflake who gets all queasy at the concept of mechanized warfare.

You realize that this can only end with us parting out your corpses and using them to build better things to kill you with.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

User avatar
Demankphy
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: May 13, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demankphy » Fri May 22, 2020 5:18 pm

To improve our nation's production, we attempted using mechanical exosuits for workers in heavy industry. However, we found using small children was a more useful and cheaper solution. They can carry very heavy loads, if you have enough of them. Of course, they have no choice so..

User avatar
Decepticon Command
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 16
Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Decepticon Command » Fri May 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Eahland wrote:Says the special snowflake who gets all queasy at the concept of mechanized warfare.

You realize that this can only end with us parting out your corpses and using them to build better things to kill you with.


Accept incoming DataNet message?
Y <
N

We are offended by the thought of an organic life form sitting inside of a
mechanical life form like ourselves, smearing its vile material on everything in
reach and attempting to control us from within, not warfare. Judging by Earth's
medical archives, it would be tantamount to a human receiving direction from
the creatures labeled "tapeworms".

Regardless: If the Silas human could not do it, neither can you. If you remain
inclined to try, however, we will consider providing a list of... suitable targets.
Editoriole
What's in a name?
Primarily IC. Nation does not represent player.

User avatar
Ard al Islam
Diplomat
 
Posts: 827
Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Ard al Islam » Fri May 22, 2020 5:57 pm

We experimented with them but found them to be impractical and frankly, compared to our other technology, obsolete. We do have something similar to power suits from Fallout.
Nation in the process of rapid change.
Never learn about Islam from Islamophobes. People that are against Islam, probably aren't the best choice to learn about the religion from. You'd never learn science from a flat-earther or anti-vaxxer, right? You'd learn science from scholars, either directly or through their work. Similarly, you should only learn about Islam from the people who are most knowledgeable about it. They are, of course, the Muslims themselves. Learn from the great Islamic scholars, whether directly or through their work/students. If you have questions, you can ask me, and if I don't have the answer(s), I can refer you to a place where you may get those answers.

But whatever you do, don't learn about Islam from non-Muslims.

User avatar
Radiatia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7866
Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Radiatia » Fri May 22, 2020 9:08 pm

No, but that's not to say we don't have the technology - there were a handful of defence contractors who experimented with the concept and some even developed working prototypes.

Ultimately the Federal Ministry of Defence dismissed the concepts as being totally impractical and the existing prototypes effectively were resigned to being exhibits in theme parks or props for action movies.

User avatar
Stura
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Jun 08, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stura » Sun May 24, 2020 4:05 am

TL;DR: Yes... Yes we do.

User avatar
Green October Z
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1012
Founded: May 05, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Green October Z » Sun May 24, 2020 4:09 am

How can we use something that doesn't exist?
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

User avatar
DeVare
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: May 24, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby DeVare » Sun May 24, 2020 6:36 am

Yes, they have a range of civilian applications here in DeVare and are widely used

User avatar
Merriwhether
Diplomat
 
Posts: 941
Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Merriwhether » Sun May 24, 2020 8:38 am

No, Merriwhether does not use mechs. The practicality of mechs have been considered as a pertinent military research question, but it was determined that advancing tank, plane, ship, and infantry equipment technology would be much more cost-effective and viable applications for any plausible near-future innovations in materials and engineering. Machine suits for personnel which enhance individual capabilities for non-combat work are, however, in deployment and being improved upon. Also, some practical application has been recognized in semi-autonomous machines for field logistics and non-combat operations in hazard areas, like known or suspected minefields.
UNITARY 61% | 39% FEDERAL
DEMOCRACY 74% | 26% AUTHORITY
ISOLATION 51% | 49% GLOBALISM
PACIFIST 65% | 35% MILITARIST
FREEDOM 55% | 45% SECURITY
EQUALITY 74% | 26% MARKETS
SECULAR 76% | 24% RELIGIOUS
PROGRESS 75% | 25% TRADITION
MULTI-CUL. 53% | 47% ASSIMIL.
Favored: Democratic Socialism, Secularism, Humanism, Civic Nationalism, Public Education Reform, Public Utility Internet, Single-payer Healthcare, Carbon Neutrality, Second Bill of Rights, Reformed Federalism, Immigration and Naturalization Reform, Non-interventionism
Neutral: Marxism, Corporatism
Opposed: Dishonesty, Anti-intellectualism, Sectarianism, State religion, Neoliberalism, Laissez-faire, Jingoism, Supremacism, Antisemitism, Social Darwinism

User avatar
Interstellar Planets
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 128
Founded: Jul 05, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Interstellar Planets » Wed May 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Image
Department of State



Priority: Low
Recipient(s): Galactic
Encryption: None
Classification: General




For the attention of the interstellar community,

The Federation recently received a Freedom of Information Request (FIR) regarding its use of 'mechs'.

Without disclosing classified information, I can confirm that the United Federation of Interstellar Planets does not use 'mechs' - which, for the purposes of this FIR, we define as 'semi- or entirely-humanoid legged armoured combat units (crewed or otherwise)'.

The principle ground-based armour used by the Federation Colonial Peacekeepers is the Vanguard-class Phaser Tank. To quote the FCP press release;


"The Vanguard-class Phaser Tank offers starship-grade shielding and weaponry on a platform capable of securing and holding ground targets in spite of orbital interference.

Image

"Equipped with the same revolutionary FSQ-2 regenerative shielding technology first employed by Starfleet's Excelsior-class battlecruiser, the heavily-armoured Vanguard is capable of identifying and destroying enemies on the ground, in atmosphere, and in orbit using its twin-emitter phaser turret and self-guided micro-photon torpedo launcher, supported by computer cores capable of handling upwards of 50 kiloquads of data per second.

"Held aloft by four AVDB series Mark 1.1 anti-grav lift generators and propelled by an array of top-of-the-line H-fuel thrusters, the Vanguard can traverse all known planetary terrains at any gravitational field level at speeds in excess of 200 kph. In the event that transporter-denial systems are in play, these same technologies allow the Vanguard to be deployed to the battlefield from orbit, as an OrbDrop package, precisely with no reduction in combat efficacy.

"The ultimate expression of survivability, the Vanguard features double-layered shielding, triple-layered armour, and triple-redundant systems capable of keeping its crew alive even if its powerful shields have failed and its outer hull has been reduced to slag, and emergency beam-out systems are on stand-by in case even these safety precautions fail. Its revolutionary micro-fusion generator has been siege-tested for upwards of 12 days of continuous conflict.

"No finer combat platform, legged, wheeled or otherwise, has been employed to our knowledge."


We hope this helps with your enquiry.

Sincerely,


Xev Chiana
Secretary of State,
Capital Precinct,
San Angeles,
New Eden SA-001-751-A
United Federation of Interstellar Planets
Last edited by Interstellar Planets on Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

User avatar
Vallermoore
Senator
 
Posts: 4191
Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vallermoore » Wed May 27, 2020 8:29 pm

No. We did an experiment but it was a disaster and nearly got our country invaded by the Victorious Decepticons after some secret service people tried to capture and enslave a Decepticon.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: British Socialist Syndicates, Laecernia, The New California Republic

Advertisement

Remove ads