NATION

PASSWORD

YN's frigid peace

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

YN's frigid peace

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Does your nation have a group of people they just can't stand? If so, who? What nations has your nation never had a war with, but you nevertheless hated eachother for a long time? For world building I merely made my nation replace the culture of a real world place on the globe.

Are there any cold wars you are involved with? If so, why and who? For various reason, my nation has ALWAYS hated the Untied States. It so surprising that despite how long we've hated them, our trade sanctions and war of words has never turned to violence. We and the United States have always criticized eachother quite heavily and have never been very good friends. We have had a few very close calls when it came to war and territorial expansion but in the end we and the Americans have never shot a single shot of fire at one another.

Who does your nation hate and why? Are you located in a real world location like my nation or not? If so, where? My nation is an empire spanning from Ukrain to to Melanesia, Japan being our ancestral homeland and our empire spans smaller than the Brittish empire but larger than the Mongolian one.

Comments are welcomed of course.

User avatar
New Periapsis
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Periapsis » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:45 pm

We don't hate vague groups of people, we hate individuals and the ignorant/scientifically illiterate (think flat earthers and anti-vaxxers). Or, in more exceptional cases, people who follow backward ideas (again, flat earthers and anti-vaxxers) or comparably similar scenarios. People who hide violent rhetoric or a desire to remain in power behind beliefs are no exception. Since Old Periapsis, the time when we were just an experiment, we've had a saying: "If you think other people need to die for your beliefs, do humanity a favor and start with yourself."

User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:42 am

New Periapsis wrote:We don't hate vague groups of people, we hate individuals and the ignorant/scientifically illiterate (think flat earthers and anti-vaxxers). Or, in more exceptional cases, people who follow backward ideas (again, flat earthers and anti-vaxxers) or comparably similar scenarios. People who hide violent rhetoric or a desire to remain in power behind beliefs are no exception. Since Old Periapsis, the time when we were just an experiment, we've had a saying: "If you think other people need to die for your beliefs, do humanity a favor and start with yourself."

Well the reasons we Vivans feel irked by the United States goes back even before the United States was a thing. In fact, in general Europe in its entirety struck our ire on the subject of colonialism and our respect for Europe consistently tumbled lower and lower as the years passed by. For example we were absolutely appalled when the phrase "The only good Indian is a DEAD Indian" came along. Upon hearing of the treatment of Native Americans of the new world by the United States, our respect for the United States would never recover from the massive plummet it took.

User avatar
Kroraine
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 20
Founded: Nov 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kroraine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:24 am

We have a long and very, very tense history with the Chinese spanning back as far as the Han Dynasty in the 2nd Century BCE. Numerous invasions and conquests by Chinese dynasties over the years have shaped our history, and in the 20th century our lands were extensively resettled by the Chinese government with settlers from the Chinese heartland. While we've been independent from the People's Republic of China for a commendable 26 years with no incidents, there's still a frosty relationship between our two nations and between ethnic Krorainis and Han, who make up nearly 40% of our population, within our nation.

User avatar
Trinadaed
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: Oct 26, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Trinadaed » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Lesser Trinadaed. We have several wars with them and we absolutely hate them.
Allies: Torago
Friends: Liberdaed
Neutral:
Enemies: Lesser Trinadaed
At War:
A 15.4 civilization. Utilizes heavy use of space combat.
I do not use NS Stats.

User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Trinadaed wrote:Lesser Trinadaed. We have several wars with them and we absolutely hate them.

Because of the wars or is there more?

User avatar
Appalachia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Dec 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Appalachia » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 am

Appalachia has a long-standing dispute with the Confederate States of America. The Confederacy does not recognize Appalachia's sovereignty, and claims the southern 1/3rd of its territory as its own - though it has not tried to enforce this claim as doing so may break its tenuous peace with the United States.

Additionally, the Confederacy considers Appalachians from the territories it claims to be its own citizens, and if they are caught within CSA territory they may be arbitrarily detained on suspicion of 'treason.' For these reasons, travel to the Confederacy is officially banned.

User avatar
Refugee Arks
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Jan 11, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Refugee Arks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 am

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:My nation is an empire spanning from Ukrain to to Melanesia, Japan being our ancestral homeland and our empire spans smaller than the Brittish empire but larger than the Mongolian one.


Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:in general Europe in its entirety struck our ire on the subject of colonialism and our respect for Europe consistently tumbled lower and lower as the years passed by. For example we were absolutely appalled when the phrase "The only good Indian is a DEAD Indian" came along. Upon hearing of the treatment of Native Americans of the new world by the United States, our respect for the United States would never recover from the massive plummet it took.


Astonishing that you managed to forge an empire across the Eurasian landmass, incorporating countless different nations and peoples and cultures, without dipping your toe into a bit of colonizing or barbarism or mass slaughter...

We are a peaceful people, welcome to most anyone in need of a home. We hate the sea -- it flooded our homeland and now we are forced to live upon her back.
Last edited by Refugee Arks on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:57 am

Refugee Arks wrote:
Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:My nation is an empire spanning from Ukrain to to Melanesia, Japan being our ancestral homeland and our empire spans smaller than the Brittish empire but larger than the Mongolian one.


Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:in general Europe in its entirety struck our ire on the subject of colonialism and our respect for Europe consistently tumbled lower and lower as the years passed by. For example we were absolutely appalled when the phrase "The only good Indian is a DEAD Indian" came along. Upon hearing of the treatment of Native Americans of the new world by the United States, our respect for the United States would never recover from the massive plummet it took.


Astonishing that you managed to forge an empire across the Eurasian landmass, incorporating countless different nations and peoples and cultures, without dipping your toe into a bit of colonizing or barbarism or mass slaughter...

We are a peaceful people, welcome to most anyone in need of a home. We hate the sea -- it flooded our homeland and now we are forced to live upon her back.


Dipping the toe and putting people on reservations are two highly distant meters of barbarism. Every nation participates in war and the benefits we got from winning OURS just so happen to include a large bit of land. If you'll note that the ethnic populations of all the people we incorporated into our empire are relatively intact in comparison to the plus 6 million figure wipeout experienced under the finger of the a certain unamed European power. Whatever measures were taken to win the war, it was never our implicit intention to wipe out the entirety of the Mongol ethnic group. As for mass slaughter, if you claim your nation is peaceful you are either deluded or have never had the misfortune of being in a war yourself. We just so happen to distinguish between good Mongols and bad ones so I think it's a sight better than the "All **groes should be in chains" mentality of the white colonialists.

User avatar
Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7807
Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Corporate Police State

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:48 pm

[EXTREMELY CLASSIFIED]

***REPORT***

[A fairly long list of planets is within the chip - all with extremely advanced, well-trained militaries. These have been deemed to be too well-defended for annexation or even proper oil-raiding.]

/report

*A gray metal index finger stabs strongly at the report chip*

All of these fuckers that we aren't advanced enough to militarily steamroll YET, and also have counterintelligence good enough to stop our attempts to take them over via subterfuge. Their very existence irks us. No planet should exist that we cannot easily stomp on (or corrupt) and take over. Our entire offensive military R&D budget is dedicated to surpassing their defensive capabilities so we can annex them.

~ General Shockwave, Head of the Bureau of Impossible Physics
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.


The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

User avatar
Rynese Empire
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: May 17, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rynese Empire » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:51 pm

The Rynese Empire has a dodgy history with both Russia and France, however, I'd say the most... likely cause of war would be Italy. They really like to tread on the untreadable snake that is the glorious Rynese Empire, and soon, they will see why it's "untreadable" in the first place.

User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Rynese Empire wrote:The Rynese Empire has a dodgy history with both Russia and France, however, I'd say the most... likely cause of war would be Italy. They really like to tread on the untreadable snake that is the glorious Rynese Empire, and soon, they will see why it's "untreadable" in the first place.

Interesting? Why? Is the dislike based on Religion or something?

User avatar
Pantopian Empire
Envoy
 
Posts: 339
Founded: Apr 02, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pantopian Empire » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:40 pm

During the 1950's and again in the 1980's our nation had Cold War tensions with the United States. Today the US is still considered an adversary, but it is not nearly the same as it was during the Cold War. Today, China is also considered an adversarial nation.
The Democratic Republic of Pantopia
pro: capitalism, gay rights, USA, western democracy, pragmatism
neutral: religion, transgenderism, feminism, communism
anti: conservatism, oligarchy, Donald trump, racism
My nation does not match my real world opinions, I am a political moderate

User avatar
Refugee Arks
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Jan 11, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Refugee Arks » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Ah-eh-ioh-uh wrote:Whatever measures were taken to win the war, it was never our implicit intention to wipe out the entirety of the Mongol ethnic group ... We just so happen to distinguish between good Mongols and bad ones so I think it's a sight better than the "All **groes should be in chains" mentality of the white colonialists.


America infamously also distinguished between "Good Indians" and "Bad Indians." This is not generally seen as a bright spot on their record

User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:30 pm

"The only good Indian is a DEAD Indian".....
'Nuff said.

User avatar
Luziyca
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33950
Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Luziyca » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 am

We have some issues with Namor, since we fought three wars with them in the past 120 years (1896-1898, when we took Txotai and Nantai, 1941-1945 when Txotai seceded from Namor and we supported their quest for independence, and 1971 when they took a bit of Nantai). While it isn't as bad as it was, we are pretty mistrustful of the Namorese, and we just barely avoided a fourth war over Nantai's right to self-determination.
|||The Christian Republic of of Luziyca|||
[22:00] <Lanos> nobody here in ESQ should be proud to be somehow remotely related to Luziyca
IIwikiNewsFacebookEsquarium: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

User avatar
Lodana
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Nov 17, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lodana » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Like most nations on Earth, we hate the Ardanian Empire and its space monopoly.

User avatar
Knessniet
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1142
Founded: Aug 20, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Knessniet » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm

Yes, there are a few.

Namely, the US, because we aided both the British during their revolution and the Confederacy in their civil war. After that, we also sold arms to Germany in both world wars, plus Italy in World War II. To add insult to injury, we also refused to join the United Nations and abide by international law, with the exception of The Hague and Geneva conventions, plus long-established maritime law.

Besides the US, the Vatican is actually very sore since we classified Catholicism as heresy in 1518. All Arab League nations also hate our guts since we started picking in them in 1096, and Turkey hates us since our failed covert operations to rile up orthodox Christians to retake Constantinople back in the '20s.

Overall, we aren't popular.




KNN: Knessian News Network VICTORY! His Lordship, Nathan Catskill, Baron of Catskill, has won NS Chess Tournament 1 in a landslide victory, with only one draw to his otherwise impressive record!

User avatar
Y2K Kids
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Oct 06, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Y2K Kids » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:07 pm

The kids don’t really trust adults, since they had bad experiences in foster care.
The Free Land of Y2K Kids: a different kind of nation

User avatar
New Tussia
Envoy
 
Posts: 312
Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New Tussia » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:14 pm

We can not stand White Supremacists. We can't stand them so much White Supremacists are illegal to talk about it in public or social media with 99.99% of our legislative branches voting yes.

We do not stand good relations with China or the Mongolian Horde
This nation DOES represent my views... mostly.
Pro/Supports: Trotskyism, Islam, Socialism, Religion, "Yellow Vest", Religious Diversity, Peaceful Protests
Anti: Nazi, abortion, Trump, NATO, Violent Protests (Riots)

News: Entire squadron goes missing during teleportation test///Ultranationalist terrorists attack Jerusalem///First War Robots produced///ISS crashes into ocean after Ultranationalists attempt hijacking///President Alban Bahr I opens embassies with the following ex-EU nations: Soviet Union, Third Reich, and The Three Brothers

User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Y2K Kids wrote:The kids don’t really trust adults, since they had bad experiences in foster care.

Interesting nation. I didnt think anybody else even considered children in mind for nation building. My nation has certain laws in place specifically to deal with that sort of issue. Did you know that in my nation police don't even bother trying to chase down runaway children? In fact in the Empire police are forbidden for putting hands on a youth in order to take them back to their gaurdians. City curfews are illegal and foster homes and the like are rath heavily monitored by the government in order to ensure proper treatment of the youths.

User avatar
Ploaie Negra
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ploaie Negra » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:54 pm

A rivalry with Australo has existed since the earliest colonial times. With the fact that our navies have to share the Torres Strait, Its a miracle that no one has shot first this whole time. The Australeños often compete with Ploaie Negrans for fishing rights as well. That said, the Governments have occasionally worked together, most recently as part of the coalition in the Bengal War.

User avatar
Pan-Asiatic States
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1908
Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Pan-Asiatic States » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:00 am

The Soviet-Asiatic split is very much akin to the Sino-Soviet Split, and economically, we remain rival to the U.S.
☯ 百花齐放 ☯
War Theme
National Anthem
Tension Theme
☯ 敢想敢干 ☯
Pop Propaganda
Delegation Theme
Peace Theme
THE FEDERATED PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC of PAN-ASIATIC STATES
Founder of The Srivijayan Consortium

{__|____|__}
(☉_(ಠ ʖ ಠ)_⚆)
_♧⛩▂▃▅▇█▓▒░ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.░▒▓█▇▅▃▂⛴⛈_
News Network Leader Screen (Q&A) Factbooks Embassy Programme ♫+ Full Soundtrack OOC Me Open Discord
No, Filipino is NOT 'just Spanish'. It's closer to Sanskrit in vocabulary, and Phoenician in terms of grammar. Sangkapulua'y aghaman, Indolente!

A 10.5 civilization. MT-PMT. This nation supports my candid political vision for Asia; ⚙chl♢cratic, Λngl⚬ph⚬bic, Syncre✠ic, and Essent♂alis♀.


User avatar
Khataiy
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1397
Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Khataiy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Shias and Kurds are ethnic groups domestically hated as for other countries Iran, Syria and Turkey are our major enemies as is post-Saddam Iraq

User avatar
Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Envoy
 
Posts: 306
Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:16 pm

Khataiy wrote:Shias and Kurds are ethnic groups domestically hated as for other countries Iran, Syria and Turkey are our major enemies as is post-Saddam Iraq

Most of Iraq remains outside of our territorial boundaries. In fact much of the the Middle East remains just as it is in the real world timeline. Most of the Middle East hates us for our outspoken criticism of Islam and local governments and we in turn find them distasteful. Israel hates us for our support of Palestinians and various Jihadist groups absolutely dispise us. Most middle eastern governments hate us, Saudi Arabia hates us, in fact, much of the Middle East hates us. Trade embargoes and tariffs are plenty between us but there has been surprisingly lacking of bloodshed between our two worlds.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Alemannia-, Fakolana, Haremm, K-poptopia, Mount Zeon, Sevvania, Western Museniamats

Advertisement

Remove ads