NATION

PASSWORD

Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook, Embassies, and Consulates

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Remove ads

User avatar
Achesia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6195
Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Middle Han wrote:Hello, i don't know if this question has been asked already or not, but my problem is that i don't know how to insert the flag to my factbook... so how can i actually insert it? i mean, i can't just copy and paste a picture (And i'm very very very bad at both using English and computer...)


Upload it to a imaging hosting site such as Imgur.com and then copy the URL and paste it as such:

Code: Select all
[img]yourimage.png[/img]
Last edited by Achesia on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Middle Han
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 58
Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Middle Han » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Achesia wrote:
Middle Han wrote:Hello, i don't know if this question has been asked already or not, but my problem is that i don't know how to insert the flag to my factbook... so how can i actually insert it? i mean, i can't just copy and paste a picture (And i'm very very very bad at both using English and computer...)


Upload it to a imaging hosting site such as Imgur.com and then copy the URL and paste it as such:

Code: Select all
[img]yourimage.png[/img]

Thank you very much, i'll try that right away

User avatar
Achesia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6195
Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Middle Han wrote:
Achesia wrote:
Upload it to a imaging hosting site such as Imgur.com and then copy the URL and paste it as such:

Code: Select all
[img]yourimage.png[/img]

Thank you very much, i'll try that right away


No problem!

User avatar
Achesia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6195
Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Is there a code already built out there for articles based on military equipment? For instance it is like a table with the image of the equipment on the left and then several cells of information following. Example as such in these wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment ... med_Forces

User avatar
Aquitayne
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 3867
Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:05 am

Achesia wrote:Is there a code already built out there for articles based on military equipment? For instance it is like a table with the image of the equipment on the left and then several cells of information following. Example as such in these wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment ... med_Forces


I don't think there's one pre-made, but, I'm a nice guy...

Code: Select all
[table][tr][td][align=center][b]Image[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Name[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Origin[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Type[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Variant[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]In Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Entered Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Notes[/b][/align][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][align=center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg/300px-Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg[/img][/align][/td][td][align=center]Name[/align][/td][td][align=center]Nation of Origin[/align][/td][td][align=center]Type[/align][/td][td][align=center]Variant[/align][/td][td][align=center]# IN service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Year entered service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Any notes[/align][/td][/tr][/table]


You'll definitely want to upload your own pre-sized images that way the table doesn't end up all wonky. Just copy/paste the second set of [tr]'s for each row of stuff you have.

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln


Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

User avatar
Achesia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6195
Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Achesia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:34 am

Aquitayne wrote:
Achesia wrote:Is there a code already built out there for articles based on military equipment? For instance it is like a table with the image of the equipment on the left and then several cells of information following. Example as such in these wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment ... med_Forces


I don't think there's one pre-made, but, I'm a nice guy...

Code: Select all
[table][tr][td][align=center][b]Image[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Name[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Origin[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Type[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Variant[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]In Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Entered Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Notes[/b][/align][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][align=center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg/300px-Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg[/img][/align][/td][td][align=center]Name[/align][/td][td][align=center]Nation of Origin[/align][/td][td][align=center]Type[/align][/td][td][align=center]Variant[/align][/td][td][align=center]# IN service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Year entered service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Any notes[/align][/td][/tr][/table]


You'll definitely want to upload your own pre-sized images that way the table doesn't end up all wonky. Just copy/paste the second set of [tr]'s for each row of stuff you have.


:o Wow! I didnt mean for you to do all of that work! But thank you so much!

User avatar
Aquitayne
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 3867
Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:53 am

Achesia wrote:
Aquitayne wrote:


:o Wow! I didnt mean for you to do all of that work! But thank you so much!


No problem! Only took me about 5 or 10 minutes, not a big deal. Tables can be confusing but once you get the hang of them they're pretty simple!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln


Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

User avatar
Achesia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6195
Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Achesia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:58 am

Aquitayne wrote:
Achesia wrote:
:o Wow! I didnt mean for you to do all of that work! But thank you so much!


No problem! Only took me about 5 or 10 minutes, not a big deal. Tables can be confusing but once you get the hang of them they're pretty simple!


And they look sharp!

User avatar
West Phoencia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 758
Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby West Phoencia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:00 am

Has there been any changes to allowing us to link our iiwiki pages to our Factbooks?

User avatar
Post War America
Senator
 
Posts: 4240
Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:08 am

West Phoencia wrote:Has there been any changes to allowing us to link our iiwiki pages to our Factbooks?


Code: Select all
[url=url for your factbook here]Factbook[/url]
\

Or for iiwiki to NS factbook

[code][[Url for your factbook here]][/url]
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

User avatar
Heloin
Envoy
 
Posts: 278
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Heloin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 pm

I keep having a problem with my Factbook. Why does the the point were it says Government and the table of contents box not work? It just says [anchor=Govt]Government despite ever other one working on the page and the actual code stuff at the spot seems to be right?
Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Govt]Government[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]
I'm quite stuck with what I need to do to fix this issue.
Suck whatever genitals you find least appealing. - Gabriel Morton

Just some transgender socialist. Call me Jenny. Rugby Fan.
Flag. I don't use NS stats for Heloin. Factbook WIP

User avatar
Post War America
Senator
 
Posts: 4240
Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Heloin wrote:I keep having a problem with my Factbook. Why does the the point were it says Government and the table of contents box not work? It just says [anchor=Govt]Government despite ever other one working on the page and the actual code stuff at the spot seems to be right?
Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Govt]Government[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]
I'm quite stuck with what I need to do to fix this issue.


It seems to be working just fine for me.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

User avatar
Heloin
Envoy
 
Posts: 278
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Heloin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:50 am

Post War America wrote:
Heloin wrote:I keep having a problem with my Factbook. Why does the the point were it says Government and the table of contents box not work? It just says [anchor=Govt]Government despite ever other one working on the page and the actual code stuff at the spot seems to be right?
Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Govt]Government[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]
I'm quite stuck with what I need to do to fix this issue.


It seems to be working just fine for me.

Yes, but it doesn't for me.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hel ... /id=729437
Suck whatever genitals you find least appealing. - Gabriel Morton

Just some transgender socialist. Call me Jenny. Rugby Fan.
Flag. I don't use NS stats for Heloin. Factbook WIP

User avatar
Aquitayne
N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 3867
Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:40 am

Heloin wrote:
Post War America wrote:
It seems to be working just fine for me.

Yes, but it doesn't for me.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=hel ... /id=729437


Check to make sure an [anchor] tag hasn't ended up somewhere its not supposed to be. That's usually the cause for the code showing up as plain text.

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln


Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

User avatar
Heloin
Envoy
 
Posts: 278
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Heloin » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 am

Aquitayne wrote:


Check to make sure an [anchor] tag hasn't ended up somewhere its not supposed to be. That's usually the cause for the code showing up as plain text.

Thank you! It seems at this point, there was no [/anchor].
Code: Select all
[u][b][anchor=City]Largest Cities[/b][/u][/anchor]
Suck whatever genitals you find least appealing. - Gabriel Morton

Just some transgender socialist. Call me Jenny. Rugby Fan.
Flag. I don't use NS stats for Heloin. Factbook WIP

User avatar
Akaroa
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Feb 24, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Akaroa » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:17 am

Thank you!

User avatar
Highton Islands
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jan 22, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Highton Islands » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:35 pm


User avatar
The kingdom of Northland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 62
Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The kingdom of Northland » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:38 am

Is there a way to wrap text around pictures in the factbook?
NS stats are not to be taken seriously...

User avatar
Hashizawa
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashizawa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Can someone tell me how they found GDP (nominal) and GDP (per capita)? Is there a way to change our economic rank to find a gdp?
Hashizawa does not represent my political beliefs

The nation name and characters on my flag are not Chinese

This is a fascist nation
Explanation of the flag
The characters down the side are the characters of fire, water, wood, earth, and metal. These are the 5 traditional Japanese or Chinese elements and a central part in Hashizawan religion. The large characters centered in the right of the flag are the characters to Hashizawa. The three stars outside of the central large star represent the commoners, the lords, and the emperor. The large central star represents Oichi, the current capital. Red stands for blood, white for the heavens, green stands for the earth.

User avatar
The Manticoran Empire
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7862
Founded: Aug 21, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Hashizawa wrote:Can someone tell me how they found GDP (nominal) and GDP (per capita)? Is there a way to change our economic rank to find a gdp?

If you use NS stats, it will be included on your homepage and under the factory icon that covers your nation's economy.
For: Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan, American Nationalism, American citizens of Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands receiving a congressional vote and being allowed to vote for president, military, veterans before refugees, guns, pro choice, LGBT marriage, plural marriage, US Constitution, World Peace, Global Unity.

Against: Communism, Socialism, Fascism, Liberalism, Theocracy, Corporatocracy.


By the Blood of our Fathers, By the Blood of our Sons, we fight, we die, we sacrifice for the Good of the Empire.

Proud member of and Prime Minister of Ultimaverse.

User avatar
Todlichebujoku
Senator
 
Posts: 3999
Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:48 pm

The kingdom of Northland wrote:Is there a way to wrap text around pictures in the factbook?

As far as I know, you can't do so around a center aligned or non-square images. Otherwise there's the [floatright] and [floatleft] tags on images, for left aligned and right aligned images.
早晨!ToBu for short. - some tunes -
Hladgos wrote:ToBu. I both hate, and love you.
Euskirribakondara wrote:2. Todlichebujoku, shut up and take my money. Your entry was pure art. I think we should bestow upon your song the title of "Best Worldvision Act Ever".
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote: Tod. You never run out of interesting yet little bit controversial ideas..... :p
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
On Sept 4th 2017, Izmedu wrote:tobuball is the resident wvball milk drunkard with moments of insanity

KEEP WORLDVISION FUN

User avatar
Sun Chips
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Apr 04, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Embassies

Postby Sun Chips » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:03 pm

How do I make an embassy?

User avatar
Reino do Brazil
Senator
 
Posts: 3862
Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Reino do Brazil » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Sun Chips wrote:How do I make an embassy?


viewforum.php?f=23 then look at some embassy threads for u to make an idea
Proud Member of United Nations of Europe
Agnostic, Bissexual, sorry for my spelling mistakes but English is not my 1st language

User avatar
Kyrjasmark
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Jul 10, 2015
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Kyrjasmark » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:49 am

I borrowed Ponderosa's wiki-style factbook guide, and made a wiki-style factbook template for a monarch. It seems some people are posting templates here, so I'll do the same.

Here's the example for one of my puppets: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=799220

A couple of pointers:
TITLE means you add your monarchs title, such as King, Queen, Sheik, Emperor, etc.
NAME is the name of your monarch. This seems obvious, but there are some places where it can get confusing. TITLE NAME OF COUNTRY, to give an example from my country, would read Queen (Title) Dagmar (name) of the Kyrjasmark (country), not the name of the country.
Heir PRESUMPTIVE OR APPARENT: An heir presumptive is an heir that will only inherent the throne if another person with a stronger claim is not born. An heir apparent on the other hand, will inherent the throne regardless of any other births.

It is recommended, but not essential, that the marriage section be placed where it occurs in your monarch's life. So, if they get crowned before they are married, then place it after the "reign" section. Don't forget to re-order and re-number the information in the contents box if you do!

Code: Select all
[floatright][box][center][b]TITLE NAME of COUNTRY[/b]
[hr]

INSERT Photo HERE
[b]NAME[/b]
[hr]

[b]TITLE[/b][/center]

[b]Reign:[/b]

[b]Predecessor:[/b]

[b]Heir (APPARENT OR PRESUMPTIVE):[/b]
[hr]

[b]Born[/b]

[b]Spouse[/b]

[b]Issue[/b]

[b]Full name[/b]

[b]House[/b]

[b]Father[/b]

[b]Mother[/b]

[b]Religion[/b]

[/box][/floatright]

[size=200][b]TITLE NAME OF COUNTRY[/size][/b]
[hr]

His/Her Royal Highness TITLE NAME is the sovereign monarch and head of state of the PRETITLE of COUNTRY. She ascended to the throne following the death of PREVIOUS MONARCH

BRIEF OVERVIEW OF FAMILY

BRIEF OVERVIEW OF REIGN

[floatleft][box][center]Contents[/center]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Erly]1 Early Life[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Edu]2 Education[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Mar]3 Marriage[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Rgn]4 Reign[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cor]4.1 Coronation[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Rol]4.2 Role[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Tsha]5 Titles, style, honours and arms[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Titl]5.1 Title and style[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Arm]5.2 Arms[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hon]5.3 Honours[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Anc]6 Ancestry[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Iss]6.1 Issue[/url]
[/box][/floatleft]

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Erly]Early Life[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

NAME was born on the BIRTHDATE, at BIRTHPLACE. DESCRIBE UPBRINGING.

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Edu]Education[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

DESCRIBE EDUCATION

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Mar]Marriage[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Rgn]Reign[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]
DESCRIBE SIGNIFICANT EVENTS IN REIGN

[b][u][anchor=Cor]Coronation[/anchor][/b][/u]
DESCRIBE CORONATION

[b][u][anchor=Rol]Role[/anchor][/b][/u]
DESCRIBE ROLE IN THE NATION

[b][u][anchor=Tsha]Titles, styles, honours and arms[/anchor][/b][/u]
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF TITLES AND HONOURS

[b][u][anchor=Titl]Title and style[/anchor][/b][/u]
NAME'S full style and title is "FULL STYLE"

The TITLE's short title, which is in common use, is "TITLE NAME." When in conversation with the TITLE, the correct form of address is "ADDRESS"

[b][u][anchor=Arm]Arms[/anchor][/b][/u]

[align=center][box]NSERT COAT OF ARMS
[b]Coat of Arms[/b][/box]
[/center]

[b][u][anchor=Hon]Honours[/anchor][/b][/u]
DESCRIBE HONOURS

[nation=short]NATION AWARDING HONOUR[/nation] - HONOUR TITLE
[nation=short]NATION AWARDING HONOUR[/nation] - HONOUR TITLE
[nation=short]NATION AWARDING HONOUR[/nation] - HONOUR TITLE
[nation=short]NATION AWARDING HONOUR[/nation] - HONOUR TITLE
[nation=short]NATION AWARDING HONOUR[/nation] - HONOUR TITLE

[b][u][size=150][anchor=Anc]Ancestry[/anchor][/b][/u][/size]
DESCRIBE ANCESTRY

[b][u][anchor=Iss]Issue[/anchor][/b][/u]
LIST CHILDREN

[size=50]
Template by [nation=Kyrjasmark]
Layout based on a template by [nation=Ponderosa]
Template may be found [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=256878]here[/url].[/size]
Last edited by Kyrjasmark on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Zhopgrad
Envoy
 
Posts: 271
Founded: Nov 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zhopgrad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:01 pm

This is a Great Guide, I used it to make this Beauty
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zhopgrad/detail=factbook/id=799584
You, comrade, are a life-saver.

I bet you are (not) wondering what Ideology Zhopgrad follows. The Answer is Petrovism (my own custom version of Socialism).
Do you want to make Zhopgrad Real?
Uinted Communist of Africa wrote:they are real....they live in the hearts of all working men.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic, Andreso, Bongrovia, Deuderland, Google [Bot], Heyliges Teutsches Reich, Imperial Zitravia, Kassaran, The Land of the Ephyral

Remove ads