NATION

PASSWORD

Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook, Embassies, and Consulates

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In-character]

Remove ads

Achesia
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Middle Han wrote:Hello, i don't know if this question has been asked already or not, but my problem is that i don't know how to insert the flag to my factbook... so how can i actually insert it? i mean, i can't just copy and paste a picture (And i'm very very very bad at both using English and computer...)

Upload it to a imaging hosting site such as Imgur.com and then copy the URL and paste it as such:

Code: Select all
[img]yourimage.png[/img]
Last edited by Achesia on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Middle Han
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby Middle Han » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Achesia wrote:
Middle Han wrote:Hello, i don't know if this question has been asked already or not, but my problem is that i don't know how to insert the flag to my factbook... so how can i actually insert it? i mean, i can't just copy and paste a picture (And i'm very very very bad at both using English and computer...)

Upload it to a imaging hosting site such as Imgur.com and then copy the URL and paste it as such:

[img]yourimage.png[/img]

Thank you very much, i'll try that right away

Achesia
Senator

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Middle Han wrote:
Achesia wrote:

[img]yourimage.png[/img]

Thank you very much, i'll try that right away

No problem!

Achesia
Senator

Postby Achesia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Is there a code already built out there for articles based on military equipment? For instance it is like a table with the image of the equipment on the left and then several cells of information following. Example as such in these wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equipment ... med_Forces

Aquitayne
N&I RP Mentor

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:05 am

Achesia wrote:Is there a code already built out there for articles based on military equipment? For instance it is like a table with the image of the equipment on the left and then several cells of information following. Example as such in these wikipedia article:

I don't think there's one pre-made, but, I'm a nice guy...

[table][tr][td][align=center][b]Image[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Name[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Origin[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Type[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Variant[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]In Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Entered Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Notes[/b][/align][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][align=center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg/300px-Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg[/img][/align][/td][td][align=center]Name[/align][/td][td][align=center]Nation of Origin[/align][/td][td][align=center]Type[/align][/td][td][align=center]Variant[/align][/td][td][align=center]# IN service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Year entered service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Any notes[/align][/td][/tr][/table]

You'll definitely want to upload your own pre-sized images that way the table doesn't end up all wonky. Just copy/paste the second set of [tr]'s for each row of stuff you have.

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Achesia
Senator

Postby Achesia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:34 am

Aquitayne wrote:
Achesia wrote:Is there a code already built out there for articles based on military equipment? For instance it is like a table with the image of the equipment on the left and then several cells of information following. Example as such in these wikipedia article:

I don't think there's one pre-made, but, I'm a nice guy...

[table][tr][td][align=center][b]Image[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Name[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Origin[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Type[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Variant[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]In Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Entered Service[/b][/align][/td][td][align=center][b]Notes[/b][/align][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][align=center][img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg/300px-Medium_Battletank_M48_A2C.jpg[/img][/align][/td][td][align=center]Name[/align][/td][td][align=center]Nation of Origin[/align][/td][td][align=center]Type[/align][/td][td][align=center]Variant[/align][/td][td][align=center]# IN service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Year entered service[/align][/td][td][align=center]Any notes[/align][/td][/tr][/table]

You'll definitely want to upload your own pre-sized images that way the table doesn't end up all wonky. Just copy/paste the second set of [tr]'s for each row of stuff you have.

:o Wow! I didnt mean for you to do all of that work! But thank you so much!

Aquitayne
N&I RP Mentor

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:53 am

Achesia wrote:
Aquitayne wrote:

No problem! Only took me about 5 or 10 minutes, not a big deal. Tables can be confusing but once you get the hang of them they're pretty simple!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Achesia
Senator

Postby Achesia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:58 am

Aquitayne wrote:
Achesia wrote:

No problem! Only took me about 5 or 10 minutes, not a big deal. Tables can be confusing but once you get the hang of them they're pretty simple!

And they look sharp!

Previous

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information