NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Burning

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:If some one wants to know about your nation they wont go to each person house to say what is your country like. they would see the flag and say that you are a communists. So see how much is flag identity of your country. And burning it is a act of terrorism.

I already told you that our flag says very little about our nation. And I already told you that violent people who attack flag-burners are far more likely to be terrorists. Stop repeating yourself and address those issues.

I have no issues cos I already addressed them.
Any way, Its your flag who has really nothing to do with your nation but majority has. And I dont think we have same vision about terrorism.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mutant Lobster People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mutant Lobster People » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

lobsters dont really care, or see the reason to get so angry over it.
Easter Egg Issue Count: 4
Funny Quotes Below!
Dinosaurana wrote:I am not fucking kid.

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Why is there an 11 page thread arguing about pubic hair?
Progressiae wrote:Dinosaur My Is Purple-Raisins

Chatkasatan wrote:Or people who serve poop in ice cream.

Bad Translator wrote:"Mutant Lobster People"

...56 translations later we get:

"Rock sitemap"

An issue about gay adoption wrote:"Think about it: say you have two gay Mutant DinosaurApeCrabs"

The Altani Federation wrote:Are you lobsters trying to wreck your economy?

Canadai wrote:I'll sum up the last page in one sentence:

INSECTS IN SPACE, EVERYTHING IS FIRE

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 pm

Great Nepal wrote:And I dont think we have same vision about terrorism.

You think burning a piece of cloth is terrorism. I think killing people is more like terrorism. No, we certainly do not have the same vision of terrorism.

Tungookska
Minister

Founded: Jan 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tungookska » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:18 pm

I wipe my nose on flags

Nexus Corp
Attaché

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexus Corp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 am

Flag burning is good for business!
If you doubt it, watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkQ-mHJzNyY

DeusII
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby DeusII » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 am

Fatatatutti wrote:

You think burning a piece of cloth is terrorism. I think killing people is more like terrorism. No, we certainly do not have the same vision of terrorism.

Burning a flag is treason. If you were to burn a table cloth, no body would care. The flag represents the state and burning it is an act of defiance against it. It's as good as killing the emperor himself.
Have you seen people acting suspiciously? They are probably a member of the Resistance. Contact your local State Security office immediately and do your duty to protect your home and family.
State Security
Northern Frontier Administration

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:40 am

DeusII wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

Burning a flag is treason. If you were to burn a table cloth, no body would care. The flag represents the state and burning it is an act of defiance against it. It's as good as killing the emperor himself.

Surely that's an overstatement. There are millions of flags and no single one of them is important to anything. The emperor, however, leads the country and there's only one of him.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Omniplacet
Civilian

Founded: Feb 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Omniplacet » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:48 am

Burning a flag is a right of the people. Free-speech should be enlivened and reawakened in our world. There is no treason when done in protest against something morally objectionable.

Joannalandia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Joannalandia » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 am

Joannalandians are only permitted to burn the flags of her enemies.
Military Population: 16,200,000
Defense Budget: N$79,545,782,056
Currently at DEFCON 3, due to recent terrorist attacks
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Brogavia wrote:Well there ya go. That's the moral to this story. If you don't listen to your parents, you'll get your legs blown off.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:02 am

DeusII wrote:Burning a flag is treason. If you were to burn a table cloth, no body would care. The flag represents the state and burning it is an act of defiance against it. It's as good as killing the emperor himself.

We don't recognize treason as a crime. Defiance against the state is part of the individual's right to freedom of expression. Only acts which hurt people are unacceptable.

And finally, killing an emperor is no different from killing anybody else.

Sebally-Orwitskia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebally-Orwitskia » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 am

Sebally-Orwistkinese understand the grave injustice brought on by flag burning and how it offends the heart, soul, and mind. It is the ten great crimes in our nation and we follow the Logoskria Tribe Punishments.

Minor Punishment(If lucky):
Would be stoning while stripped under a hot sun and will be splashed with ice cold water every thirteen minutes as well as follow the Chinese water torture before being released and, castrated(applicable to males only.), Women shall be sterilized as to never give birth at all. If they have children before the incident, children will be injected with toxins to create deformity in their bodies, thus never giving them a normal life again.

Major Punishment:

Will be sodomized in public by the most nauseating men and spitted on, whipped on, at the same time, all in front of the view of family and friends. Then they shall be engraved on their foreheads, the 'trean' scar, as to show their shame. All health services, be it public, or private will be denied to them, for if they suffer infection, they shall rot like the scum they are.

DeusII
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DeusII » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:56 am

Fatatatutti wrote:
DeusII wrote:Burning a flag is treason. If you were to burn a table cloth, no body would care. The flag represents the state and burning it is an act of defiance against it. It's as good as killing the emperor himself.

We don't recognize treason as a crime. Defiance against the state is part of the individual's right to freedom of expression. Only acts which hurt people are unacceptable.

And that is where you differ from some many others in your anarchic state.
Have you seen people acting suspiciously? They are probably a member of the Resistance. Contact your local State Security office immediately and do your duty to protect your home and family.
State Security

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:59 am

DeusII wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

[/quote]
That is a overstatement, but I know what you mean. Burning a flag is same as killing a emperor.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:00 am

DeusII wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:We don't recognize treason as a crime. Defiance against the state is part of the individual's right to freedom of expression. Only acts which hurt people are unacceptable.

Thank you. It's an honour to differ from those who value flags above humans.

DeusII
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby DeusII » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:06 am

Fatatatutti wrote:
DeusII wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:We don't recognize treason as a crime. Defiance against the state is part of the individual's right to freedom of expression. Only acts which hurt people are unacceptable.

Thank you. It's an honour to differ from those who value flags above humans.

We value national heritage and honour above the rights to anarchy and violence, correct.
State Security

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:41 am

DeusII wrote:We value national heritage and honour above the rights to anarchy and violence, correct.

There is no honour in venerating a flag above freedom. I don't know what you're going on about a right to violence. I'm the one who's against violence, remember? Including violence toward flag-burners.

First of Two
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby First of Two » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm

But anarchies are violent.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm

First of Two wrote:But anarchies are violent.

Silly stereotype.

Neo Israel
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Israel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:

Silly stereotype.

There are many silly stereotypes in this world. For myself, I would just as soon live in a nicely ordered state like this one.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
DeusII wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

That is a overstatement, but I know what you mean. Burning a flag is same as killing a emperor.[/quote]

Requires much less effort tho. Zippo lighter+flag<sniper rifle+careful plan+vantage point+fanatic.

As for our nation, flag-burning is acceptable so long as it is carried out in a local foundry so that the fire it aided would be productive, or sent into a disassembly plant where the threads make other things. Burning the flag in the middle of the street is considered a minor offense as crimes go as it makes the flag unproductive (resources made in using it is not remade into better things), but is not met with more than a Riot Officer clearing the offender out with his baton and stamping out the fire on most occasions.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Alachia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 02, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Alachia » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Flag burning is highly illegal and punishable by death.
Ultio et victoria.

Member of the League of Imperial Nations

First of Two
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby First of Two » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:

Silly stereotype.

Silly, but true.

Or to put it more accurately, imaginary anarchies that exist only in the minds of anarchists may be non-violent.

However, all real examples of anarchies have been excruciatingly violent.

Therefore, anarchies do not pass the Missouri Test.*

*Because Missouri is the "show me" state, and you can't "show me" a functional nonviolent anarchy.
Last edited by First of Two on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:37 pm

First of Two wrote:Or to put it more accurately, imaginary anarchies that exist only in the minds of anarchists may be non-violent.

So, since Fatatatutti is decidedly non-violent, your logic indicates that we are not an anarchy.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
First of Two wrote:Or to put it more accurately, imaginary anarchies that exist only in the minds of anarchists may be non-violent.

So, since Fatatatutti is decidedly non-violent, your logic indicates that we are not an anarchy.

It would seem that the fact that you have a government, however small and unobtrusive, should indicate the absence of anarchy in Fatatatutti.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Santheres wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

It would seem that the fact that you have a government, however small and unobtrusive, should indicate the absence of anarchy in Fatatatutti.

De facto/quasi-anarchy?
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information