NATION

PASSWORD

The Flaming Wombat

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Takaram wrote:
NERVUN wrote:We were watching the Bistro too you know.

*Starts shouting something about mod oppression and 1984*

Mod opression? MOD OPRESSION?! YOU WANNA SEE MOD OPRESSION?!

*Drops 2 ton weight labed "Ye Mod's Anger" on Takaram*.

Or is that Mod compression? I get confused. :p
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Tetraca
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tetraca » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Anyone ever played "Darksiders"? It's awesome :D
I'm currently playing through it a second time, started today ^^
A Catpimp Called Tinkles McFluff ^_^
。◕‿◕。<Copied from Nana's sig with permission. Thanks Nana! :)
Mama Nana's kitty familiar :3
Lordieth wrote:What now you say Tet? Well, the world is our toaster. Or should that be hamster? Has a 'ster' sound..

Rollercoaster. That's it.

Kharcha chaos raptor wrote:Insanity depends on your point of view, and if it's the view from within your own underpants then everything looks fine.
My theme video, courtesy of Auremena
Take the World Census 2011 at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868
Awesome poem from NEI
I have officially received the Great Watchers Golden Seal of Approval, for being a legend =D
Is Imperial Japan's adopted son, Dakky's kitty and Ink's bro

Aeternus Audentia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternus Audentia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Baron lords wrote:

Well It seems like you are watching here more than the bistro, probably cause there's less ground to cover, but still.

Which is exactly my point! Sure, there's nothing fair about Nana holding exclusive rights to own a business thread, but the recklessness of other thread OPs has caused it to become this way. In fact, it is fair. Everyone got a chance, and when Nana is the only prime example of someone who could follow the rules and did the best she could to keep others from breaking them, she deserves the trophy.
Last edited by Aeternus Audentia on Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Auden> None of those were true and I can post pics to probe it.
<Erisia> Well, post pics and we'll judge if we want to probe.

Add 1,114 to post count from my DEAT'd nations.

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:54 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Takaram wrote:

Doesn't matter. Long as this place stays open.
*Shrugs weight off and goes back to drink*

Aeternus Audentia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternus Audentia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Takaram wrote:

And thus, the oppression of the PRC in 1989 begins.

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:56 pm

GET FREAKY ON THIS BITCH!!!

LET'S GO NIGGA!!! RUSH THAT MUTHAFUCKA!!!!!!!!
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.
Niece: Hetalia Dakota
Chaotic neutral til I'm gone for good!

I wrote:Bitch, please!

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Planeta de los Muertos wrote:<snip annoying spam>

*Calls for a bouncer gnome*
Last edited by Takaram on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Takaram wrote:
Planeta de los Muertos wrote:<snip annoying spam>

*Calls for a bouncer gnome*

It's a quote.
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

:blink:
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Izandai
Senator

Founded: May 27, 2009

Postby Izandai » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Takaram wrote:

:clap: Second one of your posts to make the awesome post thread.
Shinkadomayaka wrote:
JUNCKS wrote:Ozzy is awesome but Jesus is awesomer

Hey, this is a church thread. No mentioning religion!

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:
My blind porcupine takes exception to this

Your blind porcupine can read text? :blink:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:
Lots of people are evil, and most of them are closer to home than ISIS

Oooooh. The rare self burn.

Grenartia wrote:Authoritarianism is political sadomasochism, change my mind.
Age subject to change without notice.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:58 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Re-reading Dracula, it's been... God, about 20 years since I last made my way through it.

'Dracula'... I read it on a time in my life when I wanted to cover all the classics of English lit. I hated it. :p

I'm actually enjoying it. I remember liking it comewhat when I first read it, but this time around seems much better.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Takaram
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Izandai wrote:
NERVUN wrote:Mod opression? MOD OPRESSION?! YOU WANNA SEE MOD OPRESSION?!

:clap: Second one of your posts to make the awesome post thread.

Wait, that puts me vicariously in the awesome posts thread! Cool!

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
LadyRebels wrote:
I will certainly raise a glass to that or well my bottle anyway, hear hear for the sage advice :)

Indeed. Do allow me to say one thing: you and I didn't meet in the best of ways and I can assure you, I never saw you as bad or anything, I don't know nor understand why we were placed in opposite sides, when no sides needed to be taken, nor did I meant for you to lose your circus thread in the end.

In all honesty I did not ever view anyone as bad, I saw how hopping the Bristo was and I just stayed away most of the time because when I did post it got missed, but no one's fault on that the pages flew by much of the time. I just started in Tops because that is where we had a bit of time to get to know each other. The time that I did get paid attention to it was my fault for jumping in where it was not needed, so that is again my fault and you called me to the mat on it I never held or hold grudges...or at least I try not too :) So I really don't see where we started out on a bad foot. I do miss the Playhouse, it was going pretty good for opening with over 100 post in it....but I think that here at least we, as in all of us, are getting to know each other better, and that to me is a good thing..for the most part.

So enough already with the ramblings from an insane mind, drinks are on me, anyone want anything?

*jumps behind the bar and looks up at Earl* want some help?
Life is Short ..so play Naked
CoS
Who needs true love as long as you love me truly....

You are now invited to the other side of sanity...it is my home want a tour? :)
Psych Ward # 00002

Great Friend: Old Vester
Daja's: Grim Reaperess, Kitty Cat Claws, Serenity of Ages, Rilli
Son: Steel Talons
GrandDaja: Terintania
Favorite Weapon: Monfrox
My Santy Clawz: Transnapastain
Vampire Sister: Star aka Statt
One and Only Minion: Rebel-topia

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:'Dracula'... I read it on a time in my life when I wanted to cover all the classics of English lit. I hated it. :p

I'm actually enjoying it. I remember liking it comewhat when I first read it, but this time around seems much better.

I tried to get into it, but the diary format and how dry some parts are just made me hate it. I still read it all, but goodness. :p
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Izandai
Senator

Postby Izandai » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Planeta de los Muertos wrote:GET FREAKY ON THIS BITCH!!!

:eyebrow:
Shinkadomayaka wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:

Neanderthaland wrote:
Izandai wrote:I try to be a generous fuck. I'm more likely to have sex with someone more than once that way.

Although for some reason they always act insulted when I try to pay them to communicate how much I value sex.

Ism wrote:We don't dislike what Trump does because he's Trump, we dislike Trump because of what Trump does.

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:00 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:'Dracula'... I read it on a time in my life when I wanted to cover all the classics of English lit. I hated it. :p

Vlad Tepes, a classic character.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Baron lords wrote:

Well It seems like you are watching here more than the bistro, probably cause there's less ground to cover, but still.

To be serious for a moment, 1. It IS less ground to cover. 2. We 'own' it so to speak. 3. We really do want to relax the current ban, but to do that, we have to satisfy ourselves that the rules are being followed.

Besides, who said Mods don't like a chance to relax and chat too? It's just normally we're running from fire to fire.

Tetraca
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tetraca » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote::blink:

Something up Nana? :hug:
A Catpimp Called Tinkles McFluff ^_^
。◕‿◕。<Copied from Nana's sig with permission. Thanks Nana! :)
Mama Nana's kitty familiar :3
Lordieth wrote:What now you say Tet? Well, the world is our toaster. Or should that be hamster? Has a 'ster' sound..

Rollercoaster. That's it.

Kharcha chaos raptor wrote:Insanity depends on your point of view, and if it's the view from within your own underpants then everything looks fine.
My theme video, courtesy of Auremena
Take the World Census 2011 at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868
Awesome poem from NEI
I have officially received the Great Watchers Golden Seal of Approval, for being a legend =D
Is Imperial Japan's adopted son, Dakky's kitty and Ink's bro

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Izandai wrote:
Planeta de los Muertos wrote:GET FREAKY ON THIS BITCH!!!

:eyebrow:

"EAST COAST BABY! PHILLY WHERE YA AT???!!!"

Izandai
Senator

Postby Izandai » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Baron lords wrote:Well It seems like you are watching here more than the bistro, probably cause there's less ground to cover, but still.

To be serious for a moment, 1. It IS less ground to cover. 2. We 'own' it so to speak. 3. We really do want to relax the current ban, but to do that, we have to satisfy ourselves that the rules are being followed.

Besides, who said Mods don't like a chance to relax and chat too? It's just normally we're running from fire to fire.

Or flame to flame. :p
Shinkadomayaka wrote:

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Rambhutan wrote:

Neanderthaland wrote:

Fartsniffage wrote:
Telconi wrote:

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Tetraca wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote::blink:

Something up Nana? :hug:

Nah, just being poked by Darth Elmo. :p
Slava Ukraini

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

LadyRebels wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Indeed. Do allow me to say one thing: you and I didn't meet in the best of ways and I can assure you, I never saw you as bad or anything, I don't know nor understand why we were placed in opposite sides, when no sides needed to be taken, nor did I meant for you to lose your circus thread in the end.

In all honesty I did not ever view anyone as bad, I saw how hopping the Bristo was and I just stayed away most of the time because when I did post it got missed, but no one's fault on that the pages flew by much of the time. I just started in Tops because that is where we had a bit of time to get to know each other. The time that I did get paid attention to it was my fault for jumping in where it was not needed, so that is again my fault and you called me to the mat on it I never held or hold grudges...or at least I try not too :) So I really don't see where we started out on a bad foot. I do miss the Playhouse, it was going pretty good for opening with over 100 post in it....but I think that here at least we, as in all of us, are getting to know each other better, and that to me is a good thing..for the most part.

So enough already with the ramblings from an insane mind, drinks are on me, anyone want anything?

*jumps behind the bar and looks up at Earl* want some help?

Why not? Chances are I'll be gone again in a bit. Have more com tests to inflict upon my students.

LadyRebels
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby LadyRebels » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:03 pm

NERVUN wrote:
Baron lords wrote:Well It seems like you are watching here more than the bistro, probably cause there's less ground to cover, but still.

:shock: Mods are human too? :blink: *mindblow* :p
Life is Short ..so play Naked
CoS
Who needs true love as long as you love me truly....

You are now invited to the other side of sanity...it is my home want a tour? :)
Psych Ward # 00002

Great Friend: Old Vester
Daja's: Grim Reaperess, Kitty Cat Claws, Serenity of Ages, Rilli
Son: Steel Talons
GrandDaja: Terintania
Favorite Weapon: Monfrox
My Santy Clawz: Transnapastain
Vampire Sister: Star aka Statt
One and Only Minion: Rebel-topia

Aeternus Audentia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternus Audentia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm

NERVUN wrote:

Is that a soft "c"?

Winian Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Winian Islands » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Izandai wrote:
NERVUN wrote:To be serious for a moment, 1. It IS less ground to cover. 2. We 'own' it so to speak. 3. We really do want to relax the current ban, but to do that, we have to satisfy ourselves that the rules are being followed.

Or flame to flame. :p

ILLEGAL CORNY ALERT

Officers: Hands where I can see 'em!
Royaume-Winien / ဝင်ယကျွန်းများာနိုင်ငံတော် / The Kingdom of the Winian Islands
Ni peur ni vaincu
Head of State: Her Majesty Queen Amélie Hélène Sayi
Head of Government: His Excellency Prime Minister Thierry Aung Than
Capital City: Naïam
Currency: Winian Franc
Factbook

PreviousNext

Advertisement