NATION

PASSWORD

Advice Thread OOC Future Tech Only

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 pm

The Union of Tetrika wrote:Thanks,

I assume the same would be true for all tactical systems, shields ect?

That is correct. If you create your own ships, then in your mind's eye you've already envisioned them in full battle going at it. SO, you should be able to gauge how successfully or not-so-successfully your ships are able to fend off enemy attacks. It helps if you have a hard point of reference.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

SGA-Atlantis
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby SGA-Atlantis » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Morningstar Coalition wrote:If you're going to pattern your nation after Stargate Atlantis, by all means use Atlantis as your base of operations; but please for the love of Pete, leave Commander Sheppard out of the picture.

Dang you MC, I know it too well. But Sheppard's in the picture and maybe I'll get the pleasure of killing him off. Hell, now I've the pleasure of killing all the main characters off. :twisted:
Alien-stompers drink coffee.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:09 pm

SGA-Atlantis wrote:
Morningstar Coalition wrote:If you're going to pattern your nation after Stargate Atlantis, by all means use Atlantis as your base of operations; but please for the love of Pete, leave Commander Sheppard out of the picture.

Dang you MC, I know it too well. But Sheppard's in the picture and maybe I'll get the pleasure of killing him off. Hell, now I've the pleasure of killing all the main characters off. :twisted:

Yes, I thought of you when I wrote that. Don't get me wrong pal, the technical aspects of your writing are solid and polished. You certainly know the SGA canon quite well, so I cannot really fault you for that. The only thing I would honestly, genuinely suggest is coming up with bran new history for those characters, instead of continually drawing solely from the show's history.

Send them on totally new missions, encounter totally new civilizations, and end up with their own histories and character changes.

Or, you could aways engineer some cataclysmic event that kills off the major cast of characters, allowing a brand new Atlantis team to take the stage.
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Drakcon
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Drakcon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Vocenae wrote:Another very important aspect of successfully breaking into FT is the fact that the core group of veterans and non-scrub players have good Out Of Character (OOC) relations with one another, or at least sit down and try to mesh out problems with any RP that might be going on. FT is built on a much better form of Bromanship, don't be an idiot and don't be a jerk, and typically you'll find yourself accepted by the core group.

Okay so where to I find these "core group of veterans and non-scrub players" that you mention?

I really want to get into FT but I want to get in with a group of good players.
The Grand Empire of Drakcon
My Fact Book| My Foreign Affairs Ministry

Solar Communes
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solar Communes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Ж - If you see this symbol in someone's signature or a mention of the Extra-Solar Union of Systems(AKA: ESUS), you've found them.
Last edited by Solar Communes on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ж
Space Anarchist Miscegenated Black&White Viking Vampire Shapeshifting Pirates in Space.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Hogsweat, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, North Point, Varejao, Ulanpataar, Sharfghotten, Franberry, Tyrandis, Rosbaningrad, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania: All unjustly deleted. 09/27 Nevar Forget.
Abandon Humanity, one step at a time | Suffer not the Yiffster. Join ANTIFA: The Anti-furry Alliance
Solar Communes Wiki | World of Dustpeople(Species Factbook) | Documentary on Solarian Diplomacy with Aliens
Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Drakcon
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 21, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Drakcon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:28 pm

That's kinda helpful... but I really don't get how the ESUS works :P
The Grand Empire of Drakcon
My Fact Book| My Foreign Affairs Ministry

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm trying to get a few problems with my RP nation hammered out. Right now the biggest problem I have is the territory I claim. I used to have a large amount in the Milky Way, but I recently took it down to a half an arm. Specifically the one my nation originated in: the Crux half of the Scutum-Crux arm. Here's the territory I control ATM:
the Crux half(that's the outer half) of the Scutum-Crux arm of the Milky Way galaxy, the Pegasus Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxy, and most of the Andromeda galaxy.

I'm also working out how to do a good RP of most of the population that used to be in the Milky Way moving to the Triangulum Galaxy, which I'm going to rename the Nova Vita Galaxy. I was just wondering if that's way too big, or if that would be acceptable. Keep in mind that I am after an intergalactic empire here.
Last edited by Kreanoltha on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Solar Communes
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solar Communes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

It was one of the oldest FT alliances in NS AFAIK, and works as a mutual defense pact, and as a quite demanding regarding OOC writing skills alliance of FT NSes. It's not really "ideological". However it has been somewhat inactive as of late even if some members are still actively RPing.

New members may apply through its offsite forums at http://www.esusalliance.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

The application involves writing three stories with decent quality according to the themes suggested.

I won't lie though, it has been quite inactive lately and you may need to be patient about someone addressing your application.

[/end shameless advertising]
Ж
Space Anarchist Miscegenated Black&White Viking Vampire Shapeshifting Pirates in Space.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Hogsweat, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, North Point, Varejao, Ulanpataar, Sharfghotten, Franberry, Tyrandis, Rosbaningrad, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania: All unjustly deleted. 09/27 Nevar Forget.
Abandon Humanity, one step at a time | Suffer not the Yiffster. Join ANTIFA: The Anti-furry Alliance
Solar Communes Wiki | World of Dustpeople(Species Factbook) | Documentary on Solarian Diplomacy with Aliens
Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Techno-Kat
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Techno-Kat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Solar Communes wrote:

It was one of the oldest FT alliances in NS AFAIK, and works as a mutual defense pact, and as a quite demanding regarding OOC writing skills alliance of FT NSes. It's not really "ideological". However it has been somewhat inactive as of late even if some members are still actively RPing.

New members may apply through its offsite forums at http://www.esusalliance.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=1

The application involves writing three stories with decent quality according to the themes suggested.

I won't lie though, it has been quite inactive lately and you may need to be patient about someone addressing your application.

[/end shameless advertising]

*Remembers that he still has to finish his own ESUS application*

I only have one story done.

How long has it been? Since April?
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.62
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -6.31

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm trying to get a few problems with my RP nation hammered out. Right now the biggest problem I have is the territory I claim. I used to have a large amount in the Milky Way, but I recently took it down to a half an arm. Specifically the one my nation originated in: the Crux half of the Scutum-Crux arm. Here's the territory I control ATM:
the Crux half(that's the outer half) of the Scutum-Crux arm of the Milky Way galaxy, the Pegasus Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxy, and most of the Andromeda galaxy.

I'm also working out how to do a good RP of most of the population that used to be in the Milky Way moving to the Triangulum Galaxy, which I'm going to rename the Nova Vita Galaxy. I was just wondering if that's way too big, or if that would be acceptable. Keep in mind that I am after an intergalactic empire here.

Yeah, the metric fuckton of people inhabiting Crux and Andromeda will probably take issue with that...

Epsilon Theta
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Epsilon Theta » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Otagia wrote:

Yeah, the metric fuckton of people inhabiting Crux and Andromeda will probably take issue with that...

I have to agree, if you want to take a large chunk of galaxy, make sure its one no-one has ever heard of, so obviously most *real* galaxy's are out.

The Singularity Factbook

Home of Monolith Inter-System Information

Thalverin

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:54 pm

So then... the Triangulum Galaxy doesn't have anyone in it? I guess I could make a fake galaxy with in two or three million lightyears of it.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.

Epsilon Theta
Envoy

Founded: May 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Epsilon Theta » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 pm

That seems perfectly acceptable: space is very big, and it's unreasonable for anyone to claim to have explored all of it.

The Singularity Factbook

Home of Monolith Inter-System Information

Thalverin

Otagia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:So then... the Triangulum Galaxy doesn't have anyone in it? I guess I could make a fake galaxy with in two or three million lightyears of it.

Nope, most of Triangulum is claimed as well. IIRC, Allanea or Balrogga owns a lot of it.

Wrohsgaard
Secretary

Founded: Sep 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wrohsgaard » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 pm

If I were to create a FT nation, where would I store my tech? In a factbook? Or the Wiki?

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Otagia wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:So then... the Triangulum Galaxy doesn't have anyone in it? I guess I could make a fake galaxy with in two or three million lightyears of it.

Nope, most of Triangulum is claimed as well. IIRC, Allanea or Balrogga owns a lot of it.

Damn. I missed most of the good stuff. Could I just do some handwave magic and have a pair of spiral galaxies appear in the local cluster near the Pegasus Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxy(which I hope no one has any claims to)?
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Otagia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Kreanoltha wrote:
Otagia wrote:Nope, most of Triangulum is claimed as well. IIRC, Allanea or Balrogga owns a lot of it.

Damn. I missed most of the good stuff. Could I just do some handwave magic and have a pair of spiral galaxies appear in the local cluster near the Pegasus Dwarf Spheroidal Galaxy(which I hope no one has any claims to)?

I think the Kanuckistani home cluster is over that way. But yeah, pretty much everywhere real is already heavily inhabited.

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Otagia wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:

I think the Kanuckistani home cluster is over that way. But yeah, pretty much everywhere real is already heavily inhabited.

Well then, I guess I'm in for a total migration. Good think the RP I'm in has me moving already. I can say it's for RP reasons. Are there some names for galaxies that are already taken, (other than the real ones)?
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:33 pm

If you make it up and place it *points in random direction* over there then that would be fine. You could even say it was behind one of the real ones meaning the Andromeda galaxy was between ours and yours so it was blocked from line of sight (ignoring the possibility of the gravitational lens effect of course). Use your imagination but keep consistent. It is the consistency that counts.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:46 pm

Balrogga wrote:If you make it up and place it *points in random direction* over there then that would be fine. You could even say it was behind one of the real ones meaning the Andromeda galaxy was between ours and yours so it was blocked from line of sight (ignoring the possibility of the gravitational lens effect of course). Use your imagination but keep consistent. It is the consistency that counts.

Thanks Bal.
I'M BACK!!!

FT only.

The Void Moon
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Void Moon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:40 am

I've literally just created this nation; can somebody point me in the direction of a good FT region?
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10

I don't have a factbook up, and it will take a long time to get one up. If you have questions about the Descendants, TG me.

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:42 am

The Void Moon wrote:I've literally just created this nation; can somebody point me in the direction of a good FT region?

The Milky Way Galaxy is a good start.

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:43 am

Jenrak wrote:
The Void Moon wrote:I've literally just created this nation; can somebody point me in the direction of a good FT region?

And, just so you are aware, the whole Region thing on the main nation page, as in the region your nation resides in, has no bearing on your RP-location.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Dead Snow
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Snow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:48 am

Thrashia wrote:
Jenrak wrote:

And, just so you are aware, the whole Region thing on the main nation page, as in the region your nation resides in, has no bearing on your RP-location.

Essentially nothing on your nation page has any bearing on any ft rps....

Unified Human Colonies
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Human Colonies » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:57 am

Is there anywhere with an overview of the history of NS FT? Just to get some backstories on the Alliences and major players?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives