NATION

PASSWORD

Advice Thread OOC Future Tech Only

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:13 am

Trailers wrote:Back to kinetic kill munitions, I think it's silly when anyone suggests they can accelerate anything of significant mass (Re: Not a subatomic particle) to within a crab fart of light speed on something as compact as a space ship. Yeah sure, I know, free-form RP all points are valid, but do you guys consider how much energy it would take to contain and accelerate something the size of a grain of sand to the speed of light? I mean I'm not saying it couldn't be done but there is a lot of handwavium involved in accelerating a projectile to .99c. I'm just saying when I use k-kill tech, my shit is accelerated to about 2-3% lightspeed, tops. Even ships over a km long wouldn't have an acceleration ladder capable of more (Handwavium sold seperately), not to mention the stupendously large reactors needed for power of an Admiral Ackbar magnitude.

RKVs really only begin at .85 c or so. Anything less is truly criminal.

Just strap a giant antimatter drive onto a crowbar, point at planet. RKVs are the nukes of FT and shouldn't be thrown around lightly tbh.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Kreanoltha
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kreanoltha » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:05 am

Trailers wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:
To be honest, I use KKVs as my main ship to ship weapons and I just say that the rounds are fast enough to be effective at a couple of light seconds and heavy enough to be extremely powerful. I also acknowledge that the cannons involve a certain amount of Handwavium which works fine for me since my nation is fairly slushtech.

If you're engaging at more than one light second with mass drivers, you have to deal with targeting lag, information lag, and missing every shot. Better to use lasers/masers missiles or fighters at such extreme ranges. I use fighters specifically for long range engagement, since they can provide their own targeting telemetry once in range of the vessel, and dont have to rely on a firing solution from the mothership who is having to deal with information lag.

Handwave it for Rule of Cool. Slinging ferrotungsten rounds at relativistic speeds is cool.
I'M BACK!!!

"The size of ones internet spaceboats are inversely proportional to the size of ones penis."

FT only.
#NSLegion. For all your NS-FT RPing needs.

Adastri
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adastri » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

Would it be feasible to have half a population working and living on various spaceships, and the other half working on occupied planets for agriculture, manufacturing etc.?

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 am

Adastri wrote:Would it be feasible to have half a population working and living on various spaceships, and the other half working on occupied planets for agriculture, manufacturing etc.?

Define 'feasible.' It's certainly possible, but what would those people on those spaceships be doing, if all the agriculture and manufacturing is planetside? Ultimately, it'll depend on a nation's specific situation, economy, culture, biology, etc to define whether or not that large a percentage would want to live in space.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:36 am

Trailers wrote:
Kreanoltha wrote:
To be honest, I use KKVs as my main ship to ship weapons and I just say that the rounds are fast enough to be effective at a couple of light seconds and heavy enough to be extremely powerful. I also acknowledge that the cannons involve a certain amount of Handwavium which works fine for me since my nation is fairly slushtech.

If you're engaging at more than one light second with mass drivers, you have to deal with targeting lag, information lag, and missing every shot. Better to use lasers/masers missiles or fighters at such extreme ranges.

So build some simple sensors and thrusters into your KKV to allow it to make minor course corrections en-route to the target. Strictly speaking, it's a missile now, but it's behaviour is still that of a more accurate KKV.

Trailers wrote:I use fighters specifically for long range engagement, since they can provide their own targeting telemetry once in range of the vessel, and dont have to rely on a firing solution from the mothership who is having to deal with information lag.

Neither do missiles.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:41 am

Ularn wrote:
Trailers wrote:I use fighters specifically for long range engagement, since they can provide their own targeting telemetry once in range of the vessel, and dont have to rely on a firing solution from the mothership who is having to deal with information lag.

Neither do missiles.

Plus missiles don't need a pilot, which is why I use a lot of missiles at range, then lasers for closer fighting.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Arthropoda Ingens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthropoda Ingens » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Trailers wrote:Back to kinetic kill munitions, I think it's silly when anyone suggests they can accelerate anything of significant mass (Re: Not a subatomic particle) to within a crab fart of light speed on something as compact as a space ship. Yeah sure, I know, free-form RP all points are valid, but do you guys consider how much energy it would take to contain and accelerate something the size of a grain of sand to the speed of light? I mean I'm not saying it couldn't be done but there is a lot of handwavium involved in accelerating a projectile to .99c. I'm just saying when I use k-kill tech, my shit is accelerated to about 2-3% lightspeed, tops. Even ships over a km long wouldn't have an acceleration ladder capable of more (Handwavium sold seperately), not to mention the stupendously large reactors needed for power of an Admiral Ackbar magnitude.
You mean I don't get free energy when I shout 'Kinetic Energy!' and link to Atomic Rocket while applying lotion to my dick?

:(
Bright and noble bugs in space. Occasionally villainous.
Hataria: Unjustly Deleted

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SquareDisc City » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:34 pm

I don't see the issue. If I want to fire something that carries X joules of energy, why does it matter whether that something is a pulse of laser light, a stream of neutrons, or a piece of metal? It's the same minimum energy input in all cases, and for the same weapon geometry it's the same power requirement for the particles and the solid projectile.

And yes, I have considered how much energy it requires. Which is why I give roughly half my ships' mass over to antimatter fuel, and make the superconducting cables several metres thick to carry the requisite currents.

Ularn wrote:So build some simple sensors and thrusters into your KKV to allow it to make minor course corrections en-route to the target. Strictly speaking, it's a missile now, but it's behaviour is still that of a more accurate KKV.
ICly the reason the UPT doesn't do that is because the advantage of a gun (of any sort) over a missile is having lots of cheap ammo, but a guided shell as we call it would be much more expensive than an inert one and thus lose that advantage.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:

I don't see the issue. If I want to fire something that carries X joules of energy, why does it matter whether that something is a pulse of laser light, a stream of neutrons, or a piece of metal? It's the same minimum energy input in all cases, and for the same weapon geometry it's the same power requirement for the particles and the solid projectile.

And yes, I have considered how much energy it requires. Which is why I give roughly half my ships' mass over to antimatter fuel, and make the superconducting cables several metres thick to carry the requisite currents.

If your ships are half antimatter they must make some really pretty explosions when you shake them.

SquareDisc City wrote:
Ularn wrote:So build some simple sensors and thrusters into your KKV to allow it to make minor course corrections en-route to the target. Strictly speaking, it's a missile now, but it's behaviour is still that of a more accurate KKV.
ICly the reason the UPT doesn't do that is because the advantage of a gun (of any sort) over a missile is having lots of cheap ammo, but a guided shell as we call it would be much more expensive than an inert one and thus lose that advantage.

Given that your accuracy with an unguided shell is going to be non-existent over ranges of less than even one light second, you'll be spending less per kill by using guided munitions than unguided. Let's be pessimistic and say that guided shells have a 5% accuracy rating at a range of one light second. An unguided shell is going to have accuracy of something like 1x10-10% accuracy rating, and that's probably still being optimistic. It simply isn't possible to tell where the enemy will be with any degree of accuracy over that distance, so unless your unguided shells and the antimatter required to fuel their launch are worth Fifty-billion times less than a guided shell (or less; I'm not sure of my maths for that bit and, like I said, the costing was probably out a bit in favour of unguided munitions) then it's still cheaper to use guided munitions on a cost per hit basis.
Last edited by Ularn on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Ularn wrote:If your ships are half antimatter they must make some really pretty explosions when you shake them.
Well, I have a not-very-rigorous confinement system, and also work on the basis that anything that penetrates far enough to get to the antimatter stores would be causing me major issues anyway.

Given that your accuracy with an unguided shell is going to be non-existent over ranges of less than even one light second
If it's going at .95c it'll be scarcely less accurate than a laser, and against a decent sized target that's not capable of insane acceleration quite adequate at few light-second ranges.

Stepping away from the physics for a moment, I claim this sort of weapon because I want to have diversity. All space combat being missiles may or may not be realistic, but it is certainly one-dimensional and that doesn't interest me.

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:02 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:
Ularn wrote:Given that your accuracy with an unguided shell is going to be non-existent over ranges of less than even one light second
If it's going at .95c it'll be scarcely less accurate than a laser, and against a decent sized target that's not capable of insane acceleration quite adequate at few light-second ranges.

Stepping away from the physics for a moment, I claim this sort of weapon because I want to have diversity. All space combat being missiles may or may not be realistic, but it is certainly one-dimensional and that doesn't interest me.

It won;t be more accurate though, because a laser is a constant beam. It can hit a target anywhere along its length; you have a one-dimensional margin for error and can wave the laser around to hit a target if you miss it at first. As long as the enemy's flightpath intersects with some part of the length of the laser's beam you'll get a hit.

For a kinetic to hit it must occupy the same space as its target at exactly the same time; you have no dimensions for error and if you miss you have to fire another shell which also has no margin for error. For this reason, your chance of hitting is far less than it is with a laser.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Ularn wrote:
SquareDisc City wrote:If it's going at .95c it'll be scarcely less accurate than a laser, and against a decent sized target that's not capable of insane acceleration quite adequate at few light-second ranges.

It won;t be more accurate though, because a laser is a constant beam. It can hit a target anywhere along its length; you have a one-dimensional margin for error and can wave the laser around to hit a target if you miss it at first. As long as the enemy's flightpath intersects with some part of the length of the laser's beam you'll get a hit.

For a kinetic to hit it must occupy the same space as its target at exactly the same time; you have no dimensions for error and if you miss you have to fire another shell which also has no margin for error. For this reason, your chance of hitting is far less than it is with a laser.

Your chances of hitting the target by 'waving' the laser around are no better than by hitting it directly. The same targeting lag will take effect, meaning that over the distances considered, the laser will be less a straight, linear beam, and more like the water coming out of a hose when waved around. Hence, it will lag behind its target just as much as it did when you first fired it assuming the range remains the same.

This also of course assumes that your lasers even fire multi-second bursts; there is no necessary reason why they should (or should not, technically). It could go either way, but long 'beams' are not an inherent part of a laser weapon, particularly once trying to cool the most powerful laser types, which could give you a firing time of a few milliseconds at full power before the cooling system needs to catch up (again, or not, depending on doctrinal and technological priorities).
New Terran Republic (FT)

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004

Postby Feazanthia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Antimatter containment is a finnicky thing. Your ship's power systems fluctuate for a fraction of a second, you lose containment.
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Sertian
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Sertian » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:30 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:Which is why I give roughly half my ships' mass over to antimatter fuel, and make the superconducting cables several metres thick to carry the requisite currents.

Oh dear /GOD/. o.o Assuming you mean just 25% in antimatter and 25% in normal matter to be annihilated with, you're just asking for something to go horrendously wrong. One good hit that slams into the ship that takes out just one antimatter containment system is going to spark a chain reaction as that store blows up, taking out the stores next to it which blow up, and so on until the entire ship goes out like a roman candle.

How the heck do you convince people to get ON those ships?
The Sertian Empire Factbook
Flag generously made by Rommel, A.K.A. North Mack

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:45 pm

SquareDisc City wrote:

Particle beams and projectile weapons both have much higher recoil forces than lasers; this is less of an issue with particle beams (due to the relatively very small amount of mass accelerated), but with massive projectiles it is very much a problem. The total impulse delivered to the ship is going to be quite considerable (and thus will fling your ship backwards without correction).

A related (and perhaps more important) issue is the time over which that impulse is applied. Consider a projectile being fired from a ten-kilometer (fairly long, most likely requiring a spinal mount) mass driver at half the speed of light: the average speed throughout the barrel will be half of the muzzle velocity, or a quarter of light speed. We can find the time over which the force is applied quite easily: 10km/75000kms=0.0001333... s, or a whole 133 microseconds. Any structure capable of taking such high forces delivered over such a short amount of time will, even using unobtanium carbide structural members, most likely need to be hilariously strong.

Also, the projectile in our hypothetical mass driver experiences roughly 115 billion gravities of acceleration, or about half again that experienced by an object sitting on the surface of the heaviest neutron stars. Even assuming that your projectile doesn't violently explode (it will, since the force is only acting along one axis), you would presumably not be able to accelerate it via magnetism once it collapses into an incredibly thin disk of neutron-degenerate matter.

Note: half the speed of light is before relativistic effects start to became major. If you're accelerating your projectiles to .95c (as your later posts indicate), then relativistic effects will be hilariously dominant and make everything several times worse in pretty much every way.

SquareDisc City wrote:And yes, I have considered how much energy it requires. Which is why I give roughly half my ships' mass over to antimatter fuel, and make the superconducting cables several metres thick to carry the requisite currents.

If roughly half your ship is antimatter, and the other half is regular matter to react with the antimatter, then where dose your actual ship fit into the picture?

SquareDisc City wrote:

Considering that your projectiles will need some sort of spectacularly, faptastically powerful inertial dampener to survive being fired, I'm not sure that "cheapness" is a good justification.
The Exaltation of the Celestial Court of Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Adastri wrote:Would it be feasible to have half a population working and living on various spaceships, and the other half working on occupied planets for agriculture, manufacturing etc.?

With enough handwavium anything's possible.

But yes, it's totally feasible, though it's dependent on your population and your technology. I personally RP with the vast majority of my population either in aerospace cities (in the atmospheres of planets, mostly Earth) and in space (both in my capital and in various expeditionary fleets). The population on planets/moons/etc is generally only there for mining raw materials or trading with native populations. However, I have a comparatively small population relative to other FT nations here on NS (3 billion or so is a far cry from the several hundred billion - or even several trillion - some players go with), so your mileage may vary.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Feazanthia wrote:Antimatter containment is a finnicky thing. Your ship's power systems fluctuate for a fraction of a second, you lose containment.

Not with fullerenes. And inb4 self-contained storage systems (even Star Trek has them).

Sertian wrote:
SquareDisc City wrote:Which is why I give roughly half my ships' mass over to antimatter fuel, and make the superconducting cables several metres thick to carry the requisite currents.

Oh dear /GOD/. o.o Assuming you mean just 25% in antimatter and 25% in normal matter to be annihilated with, you're just asking for something to go horrendously wrong. One good hit that slams into the ship that takes out just one antimatter containment system is going to spark a chain reaction as that store blows up, taking out the stores next to it which blow up, and so on until the entire ship goes out like a roman candle.

How the heck do you convince people to get ON those ships?

There aren't many on them to begin with, but given the above, and the fact that if the enemy's fire is already penetrating all the way to the fuel bunkers, you're screwed anyway, it should not be a major concern. As we've shown for centuries, people seem to have no real problem crewing ships were one good shot to the magazines or bunkers takes the whole thing down with all hands to a watery/fiery grave.

And no, I'm not SquareDisc on another account, but I've seen it come up before.

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen wrote:
SquareDisc City wrote:And yes, I have considered how much energy it requires. Which is why I give roughly half my ships' mass over to antimatter fuel, and make the superconducting cables several metres thick to carry the requisite currents.

If roughly half your ship is antimatter, and the other half is regular matter to react with the antimatter, then where dose your actual ship fit into the picture?

The antimatter fuel includes the containment fullerenes, so once freed the antimatter can presumably react with the matter that once contained it.
Last edited by The Akasha Colony on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Terran Republic (FT)

SquareDisc City
Senator

Postby SquareDisc City » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:59 pm

By telling them the sheer firepower will bring certain victory over enemies who are too scared to properly fuel their ships :D

On a more serious note, the confinement's antilead fullerene which is less critically-dependent on power and the stores have their own mini-reactors to make them self powering in the event they lose external power. I also would have some sort of countermeasures against detonations and chain reactions, though I haven't worked out the details and am not sure how good they'd be. (Trying to direct the blast out the entry hole from the impactor springs to mind.) Also, extensive automation and the offloading of maintenance functions to dedicated construction ships means crews are very small indeed, in keeping with my idea that these things are not giant ships in space but giant planes in space.

And yes, the 50% counts both the antimatter and the matter it annihilates with, and the excess matter due to antilead fullerene not being stoichiometric.

I hadn't thought of the forces involved causing the projectile to disintegrate - but if I use something like electromagnetism then won't it act directly on each atom in the projectile pulling them all the same way and thus no disintegration? The forces are phenomenal, but with the theoretical strength of CNTs (brushes effect of defects under the rug) coupled with sheer bulk of structure they can be handled. And yes the ship will go backwards, but so what? It's got engines.

Aaaand Akasha roundly Ninjasks me!

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 pm

First in really hard FT Fullerene wouldn't work all that well, but since we all have hand wavium thats fine.

You still don't get rid of the containment problem, if one hit sets off even a tiny bit of Fullerene you have a really bad chain reaction on your hand. Fullerene also isn't the best way for storing antimatter depending on the propulsion system you are using.

I use anti matter, but thats only for missiles drive systems. Their kinetic kill weapons but this gives them a little more punch.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:First in really hard FT Fullerene wouldn't work all that well, but since we all have hand wavium thats fine.

You still don't get rid of the containment problem, if one hit sets off even a tiny bit of Fullerene you have a really bad chain reaction on your hand. Fullerene also isn't the best way for storing antimatter depending on the propulsion system you are using.

I use anti matter, but thats only for missiles drive systems. Their kinetic kill weapons but this gives them a little more punch.

I was already under the impression that Pokemon don't really work that well under really hard FT...
New Terran Republic (FT)

Zepplin Manufacturers
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zepplin Manufacturers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm

While you can make your containment proof against simple power loss, and while you can indeed harden it ...if you need to store AM in any reasonably density or quantity if you do get a run away (and if anything is going to do that a weapon strike could) no amount of blow out panels, shock points, crumple zones, towed fuel pods or well placed liquid storage tanks will do a great deal of good.

AM gives you great if filthy power output per mass ..the downside is it gives you great but filthy power output per mass. Trying to avoid the downside is all well and good but your still flying a damn bottle rocket and I frankly ICly wouldn't let you remotely near docking to a civilian structure.
What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?!
About Me

Vadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

So I'm thinking about opening a spot later on in the timeline, where my MT nation would be FT. Where exactly would that spot be datewise, if I were 20 years behind the back. What would be a good starting point? Could I realistically colonize a moon in the outer section of the Sol System?
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

""Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening""

This is also my NPC account.

Arthropoda Ingens
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthropoda Ingens » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Our Most Resplendent Goddess Sen wrote:Particle beams and projectile weapons both have much higher recoil forces than lasers[...]
Actually, somewhere in this or the argument, the math was done a while ago - the difference in recoil between lasers and particle beams is basically negligible.
Bright and noble bugs in space. Occasionally villainous.
Hataria: Unjustly Deleted

Trailers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trailers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Ularn, I would love to see how even a rocket assisted guided munition could analyze incoming data, adjust it's course and then make that course correction when moving at %95 the speed of light.

Second, how much overkill do you people really need. I mean Jesus Christ the amount of energy you're dickpumping into your ordinance means you have giant testicle ships, filled with muscle bound sailors no doubt, which are absolutely bristling with planet crackers.

I just surrender to all of you now. Clearly my technology cannot compete with your light speed balls of neutron depleted tungsturanium.

I'm not trying to tell you how to play, I just think weapons should be within logical limits.
Lay coins upon our brows, sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
Drape our bloodied banner upon the funeral pyre
And tell our sons we died Hellenic soldiers, with our faces to the fire

Trailers
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Trailers » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Vadia wrote:So I'm thinking about opening a spot later on in the timeline, where my MT nation would be FT. Where exactly would that spot be datewise, if I were 20 years behind the back. What would be a good starting point? Could I realistically colonize a moon in the outer section of the Sol System?

Hell man it can be anywhere you want it to be. Say the blugblatter beasts of Omicron Lyrae crashlanded on your planet, and you reverse engineered their splort technology, giving you a five decade advancement in propulsion overnight. It's up to you.
Lay coins upon our brows, sound the bells
We're paying our fare on the river to Hell
Drape our bloodied banner upon the funeral pyre
And tell our sons we died Hellenic soldiers, with our faces to the fire

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives