NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Flag Bracket II (Congratulations to Albali!)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 6:51 am

Velosia: Accepted!
Sildorian Empire: We have a limit of four flags per user, so could you remove one of them please?
Onocarcass: Accepted!
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sildorian Empire » Fri May 01, 2020 6:53 am

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Velosia: Accepted!
Sildorian Empire: We have a limit of four flags per user, so could you remove one of them please?
Onocarcass: Accepted!

Sure. Here's my (edited) submissions:

North Germany
The current PFP flag of my part-time main NS account, North German Realm

Albion
The Flag I was planning on using for the as-of now abandoned Empire of Albion

The Northern League
This one was supposed to be the flag of one of the "major" players in my semi-fantasy, again as-of-now abandoned Puppet, Fableverse

Sildorian Empire
This is the flag of my current puppet, which I'm posting from, Sildorian Empire
Sildorian Empire
Space-faring, quasi-xenophobic fanatic materialist humanoids and associates
Overview || Archon | Military | Species
Daily News: IVC Lothal enters battle with new Xadian Flagship the Dreadnought Ronthawa in Galataea. Lothal had destroyed the 3 previous Xadian flagships in battle. | Mugeya fails to crack Wrothgar Prime, forced to retreat to unknown location in Sildorian Space by the Wrothgar Fleet. IVC Pride II to be rerouted to aid in finding and potentially capturing the hostile World Cracker. | New strain of the Frontline Pox breaks out in Nodex Prime, particularly affects the Xuni thralls. Planetary government passes edict to cull Xuni population to fight the disease before it can affect Silda population.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am

South Reinkalistan: Accepted, however I recommend uploading your NS flag elsewhere.
Sildorian Empire: Accepted, however I recommend uploading Sildorian Empire's flag elsewhere. (I thought that NGR and Haugeden Reich were the same player. Interesting...)
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am

my Submission for the Flag bracket:
Jinjaristan is my creation and it took me awhile to design. Anyways Jinjaristan is a country based off of India but is more or less like the US in the ethnic make up of the citizens. The one thing I did bring over from the real world to here is the complex relationship between India and Pakistan but instead of those nations it's Jinjaristan and Neonistan that hate each other.

“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Onfande
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Onfande » Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 am

Might as well come back to this.

Ever since the Onfandeen Transition Period (2023-2035(yes, pushing back my history)), we have used this flag as a national symbol. The Onfandite flag stands for 4 things: The monarchy, the waters, the nature, and the culture. The reason that we have chosen this flag is because the former flag of Onfande was decided to no longer suit our needs, due to many in the international community saying "it looked like a badge, or a rank (https://i.imgur.com/4FBb5Oz.png)." So, this flag was created in response. It has the same dimensions of the previous flag, but is somewhat more complex. In the center of our banner, is the symbol of the current ruling family in Onfande, who are known as "the best rulers of Onfande" due to how friendly, and incorruptible they are. (excluding an incident that happened in 2033)

On the sides of the flag are a symbol of our diverse culture, with them representing our purity, and nature, but as well as the history of this nation, with much of the red color on the flag representing those who died to bring us glory. As for the main part of the flag, which is blue, it represents our nature as well, mainly the water, due to the majority of our land being on a beautiful island.

Eternia is the Florida of Onfande, with crazy people and intense sunshine. Purple is the Region's national color, which is why its used on the flag so much. The purple color represents the seas of Eternia, with its many destinations. The symbol in the center is the national symbol for Eternia, with the most eye-catching symbol being the Sun. Althought it doesn't look like much, the Sun represents 4 things: The history of Eternia prior to its annexation, the agreement between the president of Eternia and the king of Onfande, the beautiful place it is now, and last, the future of this place.

The Mountainia Region, also commonly called Syalssa by the locals, contains the most mountains in Onfande per-capita. It holds the largest peak of Onfande, Mount Olovye. This mountain is represented in the flag. Syalssa, like Eternia, is a beautiful place. Many times, you can see the Moon rise over the regional hub of Thonossie, which is represented by the star in the topleft canton of the flag.
[put something here eventually]

Aurevbush
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aurevbush » Fri May 01, 2020 7:02 am

Resubmitting Liberty Federation with descriotion from previous competition.

Liberty Federation of Aurevbush
Last edited by Aurevbush on Fri May 01, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Located on the planet Aramnah as a technological powerhouse in a diverse multispecies sci-fantasy universe (PMT/FT/whatev), Yankeew@nk
Young American male, awkward, metalhead and history buff
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AUREVBUSH
Own Stats, Own Schedule

ACBC: No Signal

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 7:11 am

Gig em Aggies: Accepted!
Onfande: Accepted!
Aurevbush: Accepted!

It's looking like spots are fillng up so fast that some people will be asleep for the entire submission period. I'm feeling especially bad for New Solaurora, who may not be able to participate despite saying regularly that they are very excited.

I may look into ways to accept more than 64 flags, although a 128-flag bracket would go on for at least four months barring a rules change.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Onocarcass
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 18, 2011

Postby Onocarcass » Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 am

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Gig em Aggies: Accepted!

It's looking like spots are fillng up so fast that some people will be asleep for the entire submission period. I'm feeling especially bad for New Solaurora, who may not be able to participate despite saying regularly that they are very excited.

I may look into ways to accept more than 64 flags, although a 128-flag bracket would go on for at least four months barring a rules change.

I'm willing to drop a flag out to open a spot if needed.
Onocarcan Factbook

NationStates Flag Bracket II - 5th Place!
Everybody needs to calm down a bit

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019

Postby Drongonia » Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 am

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:I'm feeling especially bad for New Solaurora, who may not be able to participate despite saying regularly that they are very excited.

Maybe you could just reserve a spot for them? They're surely going to participate and if they don't enter within 24 hours you could just randomly select another late submitter. Also you're right, a 128-entry thing would drag on for a long while.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 7:16 am

Drongonia wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:I'm feeling especially bad for New Solaurora, who may not be able to participate despite saying regularly that they are very excited.

Maybe you could just reserve a spot for them? They're surely going to participate and if they don't enter within 24 hours you could just randomly select another late submitter. Also you're right, a 128-entry thing would drag on for a long while.

I'm doing that for now. But they aren't the only person who will be asleep at this time.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Barfleur
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Barfleur » Fri May 01, 2020 7:43 am

I'd like to submit my NS flag for this contest (I'm not quite sure how to upload it.)

The color gold represents the high standards of excellence to which the people hold their government. The black cross represents the junction of all the citizens under one community, and the parallel white lines represent the equality enjoyed by all citizens. The blue represents the sea and sky, and the virtue of justice. The red represents fire, blood, and the virtue of liberty.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Edmure Norfield
Military Attaché: Colonel Lyndon Q. Ralston
Author, GA#597, GA#605, GA#609, GA#668, and GA#685.
Co-author, GA#534.
The Barfleurian World Assembly Mission may be found at Suite 59, South-West Building, WAHQ.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 7:50 am

Barfleur wrote:I'd like to submit my NS flag for this contest (I'm not quite sure how to upload it.)

The color gold represents the high standards of excellence to which the people hold their government. The black cross represents the junction of all the citizens under one community, and the parallel white lines represent the equality enjoyed by all citizens. The blue represents the sea and sky, and the virtue of justice. The red represents fire, blood, and the virtue of liberty.

Accepted!

For future reference, to get your flag embedded I went to your nation's page, right clicked on the flag, and clicked "Copy Image Location." If you were asking about uploading it elsewhere, I would recommend getting an account on Imgur; if you don't have the flag saved on your computer, go to your nation page, right click on the flag, and "save image as..."
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Fri May 01, 2020 8:28 am

I'm gonna enter
for this competition. I hope this flag makes it pretty far in the tournament.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 8:33 am

HUElavia wrote:I'm gonna enter for this competition. I hope this flag makes it pretty far in the tournament.

Accepted!

Edit: Paradeavenlistan States submission updated as well.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Khoronzon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khoronzon » Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 am

Changing up my submissions a bit from the last bracket, might add updated descriptions later.

The flag of Ialvarith is known as the Black Sunrise, and evokes devotion to the three patron Gods of the Vaenar race as well as their people's mission to regain their lost glory. The black field represents the darkness of their late Empire's collapse, mourns its fall, and puts forth a message that the Vaenari must start anew. The sun is a symbol of the Sun-God Sshear'khaal, representing strength and enlightenment, while the intricate white lines allude to the Ice-Goddess Qrythua, representing fortitude, purity, and resolve. The positioning of the lines indicates flight, ascendance, and aspiration for the future, traits attributed to the Sky-God Saar'qathryl.

(Credit to Yegla Islands for most of the design)

Vʏʜʜ Xsʜʀ Xsʜʀɪɴ Tʜʀʜ
Leader
Figures
Culture
Regions
Military
World
The world is no longer as it once was, moulded beyond recognition by the hands of its coming masters. Humanity is faced with a simple choice: evolve, or die.

△▽△
[all lore is under reconstruction]
▽△▽
ooc: they/them/girl/boss - notorious wumao - blowfly creature
flag homies: the celestial shurayu republic and uij, checkem out they're v based
all rise for the national anthem

中国共产党万岁

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Fri May 01, 2020 8:51 am

Well, I got 4 flags here that I'd like to submit:

Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Apabeossie
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Apabeossie » Fri May 01, 2020 8:53 am

I'm submitting this one, Megia, and Loveday(I might change the colors soon).
I'll add the image as soon as possible.

This flag was designed by Yahlia, I must thank him.

sort of inspired by Valentine Z.
Last edited by Apabeossie on Fri May 01, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✵ Your guide to Apabeossie ✵
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” -Les Mis Finale

Yahlia wrote:Surely everyone likes penguins? Who doesn't like penguins? I refuse to believe there are people out there who have an opinion of them worse than 'indifferent'

Einswenn wrote:For me it always was and is obscure why would people be so blind and shortsighted to allow themselves unsolicited hate. I’ve already posted this before: take care of your own life, live your own life, and don’t tell the others how they should live theirs

Dizgovzy wrote:Please go read a book or play outside instead of spending your youth behind a computer screen. Don’t waste your time on this site.

New Skandenivia wrote:AFAB ❌
AMAB ❌
Apab ✅

New Solaurora
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Solaurora » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am

Here is my submission

Nova City is a world renowned hot-spot of Art Deco architecture. Its most famous example is the Century Building. An abstract depiction of the Century Building can be found on this flag.

Since I'm only reserved for one space can I only submit one flag or will I be able to submit a second one?
Last edited by New Solaurora on Fri May 01, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
New Solaurora
---------

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am

Ack! Fast fast fast. I'm submitting the new flag of Ssejekistan, the flag of Tor-bana-ing, and the flag of Ruritane.

Ssejekistan:
The current flag was adopted after the Second Serican Occupation, to rejoice at our freedom. The blue represents the sky, justice, and liberation. The green represents hope and the forests. The white represents the snow on Ssejekistan's mountaintops. The flame emblem in the middle is a symbol of Ssejekistani polytheism, the national religion of Ssejekistan.

Tor'bana'ing:
The black stars in the middle represent the five ethnic groups in Tor'bana'ing (the Bana, the Wusa, the Ing, the Tor, and the Chinese). The big yellow circle is the sun, and the rest of the colors were chosen to make the flag match the Pan-African colors.
Last edited by Voxija on Fri May 01, 2020 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 9:01 am

Khoronzon: Accepted!
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum: Accepted!
New Solaurora: Accepted! For now, only one flag, since the submission cap has been reached.
Apabeossie and Voxija: I am SO sorry, you posted just after the submission cap was reached. I'll contact you if Aurevbush and Astoria don't submit their remaining flags today!

Oh, and I should clarify this: Unless you are Aurevbush or Astoria, submissions are now closed.

(You can still submit changes to already submitted flags. Or withdraw your submission, if you are feeling kind to Apabeossie and Voxija.)
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Strahcoin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Strahcoin » Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 am

I think I'll just watch from the sidelines for this bracket.

Good luck.
Not all NS stats/policies may be used. NOTICE: Factbooks and Dispatches are mostly outdated. See here for more info.
Accidental policies: Marriage Equality. I blame nsindex.net for not mentioning that part in no. 438 even though common sense dictates that I should have figured it out myself
A 15.428571428571... civilization, according to this index.
On this index, my army is a 6-6-8.
OOC: I am a conservative and a free-market capitalist. Trump is great, even though he is a moderate. There are only two genders. I like natural rights, but strong authority and cultural moralism are needed to protect them. Nation mostly represents my views.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 am

Given how ridiculous the number of submissions has been: What do you think about reopening submissions and adding some three-way matches to the top 64? This will cause some difficulties for me, but the fact that the submission period was four hours long hasn't been fair to people in certain time zones, and this seems the only way to allow more submissions without making things longer.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri May 01, 2020 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Fri May 01, 2020 9:44 am

just make it a four month competition
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ Das Neue Haudegen Reich ✠ | Haudegenwave 3: finale d'trilogy
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Fri May 01, 2020 9:50 am

I'll resubmit my flag for another chance. And this is also why you don't post it late.

There are two possibilities:

1. Why not limit it to one submission and no gifs that don't look like flags instead? Submissions will take much longer but there won't be a scenario close to Drongonia vs Drongonia at the least, and it takes all this out of existence.

2. I'd be willing to do a 128 flag bracket, but I'm not in it. But yeah, that could work out.
The big (not) gay

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 9:52 am

Haudegen Reich wrote:

just make it a four month competition

I could, my biggest problem there is that it's more than long enough for participating nations to lose interest and CTE. Additionlly, getting past the Top 128 would take longer than the entire original Flag Bracket. Last problem is that, while there are a lot of good flags, I'm not certain there are enough to justify a four month bracket - if we get any less than exactly 128, than I'll have to start adding a lot of flags as filler or giving people automatic access to the top 64, further complicating what's already going to be a really long competition.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives