NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Flag Bracket (Congratulations to Valentine Z!)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:I don't think the image itself is slow, since my image viewer displays it at full speed, and if I right click on the image and "open in Chrome" I get full speed as well. I've had this issue before when trying to work with really large GIFs; I think whatever methods browsers use to render GIFs are just slow when working with large files over a network.

Hmm, that's interesting! I am having the same issue on VLC as well... ah well, I will see what I can do for the contest! I might half the frame rate and link the full/smooth version as an url tag.

Thanks for this wonderful competition once again! ^^

You're welcome, and that seems like a solid option!

Obviously, you can also make the image smaller if that's not enough. I was trying some ways myself to make the GIF work, and at 180x100 pixels, same framerate, it's just barely larger than your previous one, and loads in a reasonable amount of time.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:34 pm

I edited my previous post, so... I managed to shrink it down further (crushed Quality from 100 to 80%, reduced FPS to 25) and hey, it works!

And yeah... it actually took a while for it to Preview and Submit. Ohhh, I'm so excited for the next competition! New static / traditional flags to submit, too! ♥
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I edited my previous post, so... I managed to shrink it down further (crushed Quality from 100 to 80%, reduced FPS to 25) and hey, it works!

And yeah... it actually took a while for it to Preview and Submit. Ohhh, I'm so excited for the next competition! New static / traditional flags to submit, too! ♥

That will definitely work! It will increase load times a bit, on account of the file size, but I'm willing to take that.

I'm quite excited as well, particularly to see the rest of the beautiful flags that the Forum 7 community has been working on in the meantime.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri May 01, 2020 5:23 am

For the sake of everyone checking View Your Posts, and not the main page of Forum 7, the successor competition is open!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=484437

See you there.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Previous

Return to Archives