NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Flag Bracket (Congratulations to Valentine Z!)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Biscany
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscany » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:32 pm

Here I'll throw mine in

If you wanna win the rat race, you gotta be a rat

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Biscany and Diarcesia: Your flags have been added!

We're officially doing a 64-bracket now, keep them coming so we don't have to add much filler!
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

THE Grob
Attaché

Founded: Jan 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby THE Grob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:36 pm

Question, can we also submit coat of arms/seals?
National-Bolshevist cyberocratic technocratic dictatorial batshit insane society. Also they're aliens. Amazing!

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:38 pm

The Grob wrote:Question, can we also submit coat of arms/seals?

You absolutely can, but I'd recommend sticking to flags, as this is the NationStates Flag bracket and you may lose votes for making something un-flag-like
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

THE Grob
Attaché

Founded: Jan 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby THE Grob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:50 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:
The Grob wrote:Question, can we also submit coat of arms/seals?

You absolutely can, but I'd recommend sticking to flags, as this is the NationStates Flag bracket and you may lose votes for making something un-flag-like

Alright, here's the Grox's coat of arms https://i.imgur.com/Vv35pB1.png
National-Bolshevist cyberocratic technocratic dictatorial batshit insane society. Also they're aliens. Amazing!

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:55 pm

Some representatives of the Diereses want to submit their own flags:

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Grob, your coat of arms has been added.

Diarcesia, your extra flags have been added.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Heck, why not :P

[spoiler]Image

The Kandorese flag is named 'The Immortal Flower' and modeled after the national flowers the Kanyuo Lotus and Sakura flower. The flag symbolizes the Kandorese Empire as a whole, where the largest flower stands for the monarch and the mandate of the gods for the imperial rule of the Empire.

The sakura flowers symbolize the Kandorese government and the Kandorese people and culture. The colour scheme was carefully chosen for this national symbol and has deep roots within Kandorese history. The red symbolizes national pride, strive and the blood that was spilled to defend the nation in it's most harsh times. The white of the flag stands for the purity and devoutness of the Kandorese nation and people.

The circle surrounding the Imperial Flower symbolizes the moon and the moon goddess, from who the monarch is born in mythology. It also refers to the first Kandorese Emperor. The rays coming from the moon circle are the twelve major provinces of the Kandorese nation, but also symbolize the 12 main gods of the Tendo pantheon who are believed to be the "parents" of all Kandorese people.

As a whole the flag symbolizes the Kandorese religion, nation, the people and the unification of the country.
Last edited by Kandorith on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:04 pm

Kandorith, your flag has been added!
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Sorry this was done in a rush yesterday! >< So... here are the proper descriptions, along with forum-friendly and consistent sizes!

- Combined using PowerPoint and Premiere for the 4 flags that make Valentine Z, well... Valentine Z. I still gravitate towards the Green-and-Pink variant, but the others are too good to resist or to scrap. If NS has a bigger file size limit for GIFs, I would add a lot more!

- Something I tried out for fun with the personification of Valentine Z.

- A flag for my puppet nation - Nexitros Stratuss!

- Victoriaans Nederlands! It went through, several, SEVERAL changes and after much frustration... I must say that this went well, representing the dual nature of Victoriaans Nederlands (industrious, and cares about the environment), and ultimately towards Valentine Z (VN is under VZ).

EDIT: More consistent and forum-friendly flag sizes!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm

I was hoping you'd join in! All four of those flags have been added.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Aurevbush
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aurevbush » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:32 pm

Here's two addtional flags (as promised) I made from "canonical history"...

United Aphoephan Kingdom of Aurevbush (simply Aurevbushan Kingdom)

Liberty Federation of Aurevbush
Located on the planet Aramnah as a technological powerhouse in a diverse multispecies sci-fantasy universe (PMT/FT/whatev), Yankeew@nk
Young American male, awkward, metalhead and history buff
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AUREVBUSH
Own Stats, Own Schedule

ACBC: No Signal

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Aurevbush: Added your two new flags!

I have to go to sleep for now, but keep the submissions coming, although I can't guarantee all of them will be added as the limit is 64 flags.

Tomorrow morning I'll set the order and the first voting match will begin!
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Wanted to re-do my submissions to be half-size so they can be spoilered!

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:16 am

I'll submit mine.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:38 am

I have my final two for you.

"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

Korean Proletarians
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Korean Proletarians » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:40 am

I don't have any links, but if it's still possible, I could add several.

Imperial Mexican States
Korean Proletarians
Pax Somaliana
Unitarian Universalism

Renascento
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Renascento » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:50 am

This sounds like a fun game! Count me in with these:

"I curse you, forever, in name. I bless you, forever, in death." — His Holiness Escribar

First things first...

I do use NS Stats, but I reserve the right to pick which ones are canon and which ones aren't. The easiest way to confirm which-is-which is by deferring to my dispatches.

Still, I'm trying to achieve the most accurate representation of my nation with it. It's one hell of a beast to wrangle, but I hope it'll be worth it in the end.
Yes, I am a Blasphemous fan. How'd you know?
A n17 civ., according to this index.
(Sig still needs work...)

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:33 am

Alright everyone! Haruhi and Drongonia, your submissions have been updated. Astoria, Korean Proletarians, and Renascento, your flags have been added.

Submissions are now closed and the first match will now begin!

Nexitros Stratuss (submitted by Valentine Z) vs Renascento - Peacetime Flag

Vote for your favorite and debate in the thread!

My opinion: Nexitros Stratuss is an amazingly designed flag, and so is Renascento's. Renascento has a more effective design for me, but I don't know why.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

Onfande
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

NationStates Flag Bracket (Top 64 Match 1)

Postby Onfande » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:56 am

I enjoy both flags, but can't pick both. For this round, I am going for Renascento.

Renascento's flag has higher contrast than the Nexitros Stratuss, which I enjoy, as I like to see distinct color differences within flags (South Africa, Brazil, etc.). Next, I will talk about meaning. Both of these flags have no posted meaning, so I'll have to guess.

The flag of Renascento seems to be a 2:4 ratio, wide enough to hold some nice designs. The seal on the left of the flag looks to represent the theocracy, and the red seems to represent the people who have died for the nation. White looks to signify spirituality and purity.

As for the Nexitros Stratuss, it has a sword which looks to signify the defense of the nation. The wings probably are meant to represent the spirit/morale of their people. Finally, the halo-ring design seems to represent the spirituality of their people.

That's all I have for this argument. I like flags with more color and deeper meaning than just to look good.
Last edited by Onfande on Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[put something here eventually]

Atlantarctica
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantarctica » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:59 am

I'm gonna have to vote for Nexitros here. It's easy on the eyes, has good and meaningful reason behind it and all in all I just enjoy the design more than Rena's.
In Character info

The Commonwealth of Atlantarctica is a continental-sized federation much like that of the UK. Founded in the early 2060s, Atlantarctica's economy has recently flourished due to its tourism industry and friendly relations towards its neighbors.
Atlantarctica is against weapons of mass destruction and advocate for pacifism
Atlantarctica is classified as a Tier 6, Type 4.5 nation
(ns stats bad)
Flag design created by the Kingdom of Cantelo
Out of Character info

Male, 16, irreligious deist. Centre-left, no I don't approve of the far left or far right but I lean more towards the left. I hate the Republican party and the Democratic party. I'm all for LBGTQ+ rights & liberty but to a certain degree.

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:45 am

Onfande wrote:I enjoy both flags, but can't pick both. For this round, I am going for Renascento.

Renascento's flag has higher contrast than the Nexitros Stratuss, which I enjoy, as I like to see distinct color differences within flags (South Africa, Brazil, etc.). Next, I will talk about meaning. Both of these flags have no posted meaning, so I'll have to guess.

The flag of Renascento seems to be a 2:4 ratio, wide enough to hold some nice designs. The seal on the left of the flag looks to represent the theocracy, and the red seems to represent the people who have died for the nation. White looks to signify spirituality and purity.

As for the Nexitros Stratuss, it has a sword which looks to signify the defense of the nation. The wings probably are meant to represent the spirit/morale of their people. Finally, the halo-ring design seems to represent the spirituality of their people.

That's all I have for this argument. I like flags with more color and deeper meaning than just to look good.

Then you'll love figuring the deep, confusing, complicated, convoluted, lore behind my GIFs. That is if you understand the lore of FNAF.
Last edited by Haruhi Japan on Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:46 am

Atlantarctica wrote:I'm gonna have to vote for Nexitros here. It's easy on the eyes, has good and meaningful reason behind it and all in all I just enjoy the design more than Rena's.

Same.

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:55 am

I'm going to go for Renascento.

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Alright everyone! Haruhi and Drongonia, your submissions have been updated. Astoria, Korean Proletarians, and Renascento, your flags have been added.

About my flag - can I please remind you that the dash [-] in the nation name is not canon - so could you please edit the spoiler?
Last edited by -Astoria on Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:59 am

Haruhi Japan wrote:
Onfande wrote:I enjoy both flags, but can't pick both. For this round, I am going for Renascento.

Then you'll love figuring the deep, confusing, complicated, convoluted, lore behind my GIFs. That is if you understand the lore of FNAF.

We will discuss that when the first of your GIFs comes up in round 11
-Astoria wrote:I'm going to go for Renascento.

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:Alright everyone! Haruhi and Drongonia, your submissions have been updated. Astoria, Korean Proletarians, and Renascento, your flags have been added.

About my flag - can I please remind you that the dash [-] in the nation name is not canon - so could you please edit the spoiler?

I will do that.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives