NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v4]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:26 pm

A man walks in, his boots thumping on the ground as he walked, his duster billowing from a wind that seemed to have no source. He wore an outback hat on his head, the wide brim covering his eyes, a scar running across it and down his face. He walks up to the bar and orders a shot of moonshine, taking it as he looks around. He takes out a deck of cards, their age evident as he sits down and starts shuffling the deck.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:49 am

Asterdan wrote:A man walks in, his boots thumping on the ground as he walked, his duster billowing from a wind that seemed to have no source. He wore an outback hat on his head, the wide brim covering his eyes, a scar running across it and down his face. He walks up to the bar and orders a shot of moonshine, taking it as he looks around. He takes out a deck of cards, their age evident as he sits down and starts shuffling the deck.

As vixen served the man and went on with his business.

While this went one the Lowbloodian legionary runed to see odd cards in the newcomers hands "I've never learned how to play cards. They were never too popular in my homeland, well they were in some crowds they were." He gave a nod.
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:57 am

Low bloods wrote:
Asterdan wrote:A man walks in, his boots thumping on the ground as he walked, his duster billowing from a wind that seemed to have no source. He wore an outback hat on his head, the wide brim covering his eyes, a scar running across it and down his face. He walks up to the bar and orders a shot of moonshine, taking it as he looks around. He takes out a deck of cards, their age evident as he sits down and starts shuffling the deck.

As vixen served the man and went on with his business.

While this went one the Lowbloodian legionary runed to see odd cards in the newcomers hands "I've never learned how to play cards. They were never too popular in my homeland, well they were in some crowds they were." He gave a nod.

"Always time to learn, my friend, always time to learn." He smiles, shuffling and dealing out a hand of cards, "A quick way to pass the time, and if you're real good a quick way to make a few bucks."

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:32 am

Asterdan wrote:
Low bloods wrote:As vixen served the man and went on with his business.

"Always time to learn, my friend, always time to learn." He smiles, shuffling and dealing out a hand of cards, "A quick way to pass the time, and if you're real good a quick way to make a few bucks."

He stares at the cards noting the symbols and numbers on them "A hefty amount of cards, how do I know if I'm in luck?"

He tilts the set given down as he is wearing reflective armor and doesn't want to be too much of a pushover.
However this is going to be quite the learning experience. As he is quite frequently checking his hand to see the number of cards he has, as if he were expecting them to vanish or just having a forgetful mind.
If you can see us...

Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:26 am

Low bloods wrote:
Asterdan wrote:

He stares at the cards noting the symbols and numbers on them "A hefty amount of cards, how do I know if I'm in luck?"

He tilts the set given down as he is wearing reflective armor and doesn't want to be too much of a pushover.
However this is going to be quite the learning experience. As he is quite frequently checking his hand to see the number of cards he has, as if he were expecting them to vanish or just having a forgetful mind.

"Ya never do. Simple game, my friend. Blackjack. Ignore suits, just focus on the numbers." He smiles, looking down at the Ace of Hearts looking up at him, his smile unchanging as he checks his facedown card. "Goal is easy, get as close to 21 as possible without going over. If you want another card just ask."

As he says this, he deals himself another face up card. 5 of Spades.

"Queens, Kings and Jacks equal 10, Ace can be 11 or 1, depending on what you need. Want another card?"

He smirks, knowing that the 5 busted him. He had a Queen and an Ace. He didn't need another card, but he always made himself lose when he was teaching somebody. Of course, his opponent would never know what cards the old cowboy had. All he saw was the Ace and the 5.

Bill Weld 2020

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:28 am

Asterdan wrote:
Low bloods wrote:He stares at the cards noting the symbols and numbers on them "A hefty amount of cards, how do I know if I'm in luck?"

"Ya never do. Simple game, my friend. Blackjack. Ignore suits, just focus on the numbers." He smiles, looking down at the Ace of Hearts looking up at him, his smile unchanging as he checks his facedown card. "Goal is easy, get as close to 21 as possible without going over. If you want another card just ask."

"Queens, Kings and Jacks equal 10, Ace can be 11 or 1, depending on what you need. Want another card?"

He smirks, knowing that the 5 busted him. He had a Queen and an Ace. He didn't need another card, but he always made himself lose when he was teaching somebody. Of course, his opponent would never know what cards the old cowboy had. All he saw was the Ace and the 5.

He seemed to be coming to terms with this "So how many cards can I have? Should I display my hand?" He took a slight pause and thought for a bit, grasping the concept, it was fairly simple for the most part.
And places an 8 of hearts.
"Is there a specific name for this specific game we are playing?"
If you can see us...

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:14 am

Low bloods wrote:
Asterdan wrote:

He seemed to be coming to terms with this "So how many cards can I have? Should I display my hand?" He took a slight pause and thought for a bit, grasping the concept, it was fairly simple for the most part.

"Blackjack, though some call it 21." he said, "You can have as many as it takes to get as close to 21 as possible, without going over. Don't show that face down card I gave you, but you can show the rest."

Bill Weld 2020

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:55 am

Asterdan wrote:
Low bloods wrote:He seemed to be coming to terms with this "So how many cards can I have? Should I display my hand?" He took a slight pause and thought for a bit, grasping the concept, it was fairly simple for the most part.

"Blackjack, though some call it 21." he said, "You can have as many as it takes to get as close to 21 as possible, without going over. Don't show that face down card I gave you, but you can show the rest."

"So this will possibly be my final question, is it in a pool to get to 21, or are we individually trying to get said number?"
If you can see us...

Asterdan
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:29 am

Low bloods wrote:
Asterdan wrote:

"So this will possibly be my final question, is it in a pool to get to 21, or are we individually trying to get said number?"

"Individually. I'm gonna stay with the cards I have." he said, "Want any more?"

Bill Weld 2020

Aaaaaa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aaaaaa » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:12 pm

Suddenly, a young woman burst through the saloon doors in-air, with a skateboard following below her. As she attempts the landing, the impact from the doors knocks off her balance, and she trips on the board, causing her to faceplant the ground, and her skateboard to launch into the air, before falling down... and lodging itself directly into the bars wooden counter, next to where the two gentlemen were playing blackjack. The girl, already sporting multiple band-aids prior to the bail, slowly got up, groaning, and made her way over to the bar. She was wearing a particularly garish looking neon-coloured sweater, in different shades of purple and blue. She also wore a sweatband of the same colours. She spoke, in poor English, to the bartender as she attempted (unsuccessfully) to pull her already worn deck out of the damaged, splintered bar.

"Ah, s-sorry... hah, t-the skateboard is... radical, yes?"
"Let thy freedom be a beacon of independence, a conduit of good deeds, and a giving of praise to the Lord."
Click here for the Aaaaaan Conflict Map (Updated January 2024)
=== AAAAAA ===
Progressively ruining NationStates since December 2012™ (Add 4000+ posts)

Aaaaaa (pronounced AH-AY-UH)
Aaaaaan News Ticker (Updated August 8th 2023)
AURNVONS LAUNCH ATTACKS ON SPICUEIL AGAIN • BOMBSHELL REPORT ALLEGES LIEVUE TROOPS DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS • BEATINNEN SAYS ACTIVE REBELLION STANDS AT "WELL OVER 3000 ARMED MEN & WOMEN" • LIEVUE MEDIA CLAIM CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT IS IN DEVELOPMENT

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:01 am

Asterdan wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"So this will possibly be my final question, is it in a pool to get to 21, or are we individually trying to get said number?"

"Maybe." He was still unsure of himself before this sudden surprise of their game almost being wrecked, he did sheild the cards from the skateboard, picking the skateboard up "What a strange weapon." He said as he placed a queen of hearts on the table "When will we reveal the cards?"
Aaaaaa wrote:Suddenly, a young woman burst through the saloon doors in-air, with a skateboard following below her. As she attempts the landing, the impact from the doors knocks off her balance, and she trips on the board, causing her to faceplant the ground, and her skateboard to launch into the air, before falling down... and lodging itself directly into the bars wooden counter, next to where the two gentlemen were playing blackjack. The girl, already sporting multiple band-aids prior to the bail, slowly got up, groaning, and made her way over to the bar. She was wearing a particularly garish looking neon-coloured sweater, in different shades of purple and blue. She also wore a sweatband of the same colours. She spoke, in poor English, to the bartender as she attempted (unsuccessfully) to pull her already worn deck out of the damaged, splintered bar.

He held out the board "A tool reminicent of my nations old leader, he was vary "Radical" as well." He chuckles and brushed off his arm where the board hit him. "Here"
If you can see us...

Aaaaaa
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Aaaaaa » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Asterdan wrote:

"Maybe." He was still unsure of himself before this sudden surprise of their game almost being wrecked, he did sheild the cards from the skateboard, picking the skateboard up "What a strange weapon." He said as he placed a queen of hearts on the table "When will we reveal the cards?"
Aaaaaa wrote:Suddenly, a young woman burst through the saloon doors in-air, with a skateboard following below her. As she attempts the landing, the impact from the doors knocks off her balance, and she trips on the board, causing her to faceplant the ground, and her skateboard to launch into the air, before falling down... and lodging itself directly into the bars wooden counter, next to where the two gentlemen were playing blackjack. The girl, already sporting multiple band-aids prior to the bail, slowly got up, groaning, and made her way over to the bar. She was wearing a particularly garish looking neon-coloured sweater, in different shades of purple and blue. She also wore a sweatband of the same colours. She spoke, in poor English, to the bartender as she attempted (unsuccessfully) to pull her already worn deck out of the damaged, splintered bar.

He held out the board "A tool reminicent of my nations old leader, he was vary "Radical" as well." He chuckles and brushed off his arm where the board hit him. "Here"

"Thank you!" She said, and dusted the now dilapidated board off with her sleeve before attempting a kickflip, and subsequently breaking all four wheels off the board. "Uh... I will fix that later."

She sat down at the bar and ordered a typical beer bottle. "So... not many people here, yes? I have try to find skate... park. Skatepark. No luck, so I drink."
"Let thy freedom be a beacon of independence, a conduit of good deeds, and a giving of praise to the Lord."
Click here for the Aaaaaan Conflict Map (Updated January 2024)
=== AAAAAA ===
Progressively ruining NationStates since December 2012™ (Add 4000+ posts)

Aaaaaa (pronounced AH-AY-UH)
Aaaaaan News Ticker (Updated August 8th 2023)
AURNVONS LAUNCH ATTACKS ON SPICUEIL AGAIN • BOMBSHELL REPORT ALLEGES LIEVUE TROOPS DELIBERATELY KILLING CIVILIANS • BEATINNEN SAYS ACTIVE REBELLION STANDS AT "WELL OVER 3000 ARMED MEN & WOMEN" • LIEVUE MEDIA CLAIM CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT IS IN DEVELOPMENT

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Aaaaaa wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"Maybe." He was still unsure of himself before this sudden surprise of their game almost being wrecked, he did sheild the cards from the skateboard, picking the skateboard up "What a strange weapon." He said as he placed a queen of hearts on the table "When will we reveal the cards?"

"Thank you!" She said, and dusted the now dilapidated board off with her sleeve before attempting a kickflip, and subsequently breaking all four wheels off the board. "Uh... I will fix that later."

She sat down at the bar and ordered a typical beer bottle. "So... not many people here, yes? I have try to find skate... park. Skatepark. No luck, so I drink."

"There is the various tunnels, they are stone so that should be some fun, just watch out for rock worms and raiders."
If you can see us...

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:27 am

The great jelly, walks in the main room, takes one look.. “nope”, and teleports back home.
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:08 am

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:The great jelly, walks in the main room, takes one look.. “nope”, and teleports back home.

"Such a good decision." The legionary spoke as he then debated on such actions, then remembered how much more peaceful his chair was rather than his home.
If you can see us...

Area 6-Z
Attaché

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Area 6-Z » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:34 pm

Victoria Quinn entered the saloon both tired and exhausted as she sat down at one of the tables rubbing her eyes to stop them from getting heavy. It was another hard day for Victoria as she got done gathering supplies for her community and decided to come to the saloon to take a break, leaving her mentor to watch over Area 6-Z. As she looked around the saloon she noticed that it was quiet, which was a surprise to her from what she remembered this saloon it was usually loud with interesting folks from across the multiverse. But today it was silent and almost empty, maybe it was a slow day and business will start back soon enough. After looking around the saloon Victoria crossed her arms on the table and laid her head on the table to take a small nap.
Puppet account of Aeritai.
She/Her
Area 6-Z Theme
If my replies are too low effort please do correct me! I'm trying to get back into F7.
My flag is not canon to the Area 6-Z Lore, so PLEASE don't ask about my flag.

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 19, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:14 pm

A young lady in a black dress skipped in and sat at the bar.

She looked perfectly normal except for the fact that she didn't. She had completely black eyes with only very faint pupils and skin that seemed just a bit too pale to be natural. Hopefully that wasn't what any of the 'infected' from Area 6-Z looked like.

She slid a note to Mr. Mouffan, who proceeded to prepare a strange reddish liquid for her in a glass.
Area 6-Z wrote:Victoria Quinn entered the saloon both tired and exhausted as she sat down at one of the tables rubbing her eyes to stop them from getting heavy. It was another hard day for Victoria as she got done gathering supplies for her community and decided to come to the saloon to take a break, leaving her mentor to watch over Area 6-Z. As she looked around the saloon she noticed that it was quiet, which was a surprise to her from what she remembered this saloon it was usually loud with interesting folks from across the multiverse. But today it was silent and almost empty, maybe it was a slow day and business will start back soon enough. After looking around the saloon Victoria crossed her arms on the table and laid her head on the table to take a small nap.

"Hey there! You a regular at this place? Seems pretty empty to me."

Oh, there was another anomaly. Sharp teeth. Fangs, one might say.
The Federal Republic of Alaska

Nation that broke away from the US following a global supernatural cataclysm. Details still WIP, my writing hasn't been great lately.
In the same universe as Foxfound.

Area 6-Z
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Area 6-Z » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Nu Alaska wrote:A young lady in a black dress skipped in and sat at the bar.

She looked perfectly normal except for the fact that she didn't. She had completely black eyes with only very faint pupils and skin that seemed just a bit too pale to be natural. Hopefully that wasn't what any of the 'infected' from Area 6-Z looked like.

She slid a note to Mr. Mouffan, who proceeded to prepare a strange reddish liquid for her in a glass.
Area 6-Z wrote:Victoria Quinn entered the saloon both tired and exhausted as she sat down at one of the tables rubbing her eyes to stop them from getting heavy. It was another hard day for Victoria as she got done gathering supplies for her community and decided to come to the saloon to take a break, leaving her mentor to watch over Area 6-Z. As she looked around the saloon she noticed that it was quiet, which was a surprise to her from what she remembered this saloon it was usually loud with interesting folks from across the multiverse. But today it was silent and almost empty, maybe it was a slow day and business will start back soon enough. After looking around the saloon Victoria crossed her arms on the table and laid her head on the table to take a small nap.

Hearing a voice speak to her, Victoria slowly raised her head up and turned towards the lady speaking to her as she notice the woman's unusual appearance. Indeed it was a strange a sight to behold for Victoria, at first Victoria was going to make a comment about the lady's appearance, but stopped herself just in case her comment was rude and decided to answer the woman's question.

"Not really no, its been a while since I last visited this saloon was once full of life and now its just a shadow of its former self." Victoria replied.

"What brings you here?"
She/Her
Area 6-Z Theme
If my replies are too low effort please do correct me! I'm trying to get back into F7.

Jehovahs Circle
Civilian

Founded: Dec 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jehovahs Circle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:28 pm

The doors swung open, and brought with them a few plumes of dust. It seemed odd, though - lighter than the usual, dirty sand outside. And just for a moment, there was the merest hint of bright sunshine, even as the atmosphere beyond the windows remained overcast... and then the moment was gone, and the doors swung shut. And a man strode into the saloon.

He wore a dusty black coat that could perhaps be called a cassock, if one were to assume such things. A collar that had once been white, and buttons that had once gleamed - now worn into dullness by years of exposure to the elements. A long band of cloth - a scarf, of sorts - was draped loosely over his shoulders. On occasion, there would be a faint jingle as he took a step. He stopped for a moment, raising his hand to remove his weathered, wide-brimmed hat. The hair beneath was a sterling silver, matching quite closely the short beard adorning his face. His eyes were rather impassive.

Making his way over to the bar, he sat - not ordering a drink at present, but merely looking over the other patrons in a curious manner. He set a long bundle on the ground beside him - wrapped in dust-strewn black cloth, its contents were unclear.
|☧|Two hundred years after the Great War, a shadowy collective rises from the rubble.|☧|

At their helm, a specter.
In their stead, ashes.
Before them, a mission.

Area 6-Z
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Area 6-Z » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:41 pm

As Victoria waited for a response from the mysterious woman, she turned to look at a fellow who had entered the saloon.

Oh more visitors? At least this place isn't fully empty. Victoria thought to herself as she watched the stranger take a seat and not ordering any drinks. Victoria soon looked at the man's wrapped black cloth wondering what was in it.

Most likely food or extra clothing he's carrying...

Victoria soon looked back at the young woman waiting for a response from her.
She/Her
Area 6-Z Theme

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm

Area 6-Z wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:A young lady in a black dress skipped in and sat at the bar.

Hearing a voice speak to her, Victoria slowly raised her head up and turned towards the lady speaking to her as she notice the woman's unusual appearance. Indeed it was a strange a sight to behold for Victoria, at first Victoria was going to make a comment about the lady's appearance, but stopped herself just in case her comment was rude and decided to answer the woman's question.

"Not really no, its been a while since I last visited this saloon was once full of life and now its just a shadow of its former self." Victoria replied.

"What brings you here?"

The girl shrugged.

“I just moved here and thought this place looked interesting. Heard it’s ‘interdimensional’ or something. Sounds like something out of a comic book, so I had to see it for myself.”

She took a large drink of the suspicious red liquid.

“I’m Kristalinn. Nice to meet you.”
Jehovahs Circle wrote:The doors swung open, and brought with them a few plumes of dust. It seemed odd, though - lighter than the usual, dirty sand outside. And just for a moment, there was the merest hint of bright sunshine, even as the atmosphere beyond the windows remained overcast... and then the moment was gone, and the doors swung shut. And a man strode into the saloon.

He wore a dusty black coat that could perhaps be called a cassock, if one were to assume such things. A collar that had once been white, and buttons that had once gleamed - now worn into dullness by years of exposure to the elements. A long band of cloth - a scarf, of sorts - was draped loosely over his shoulders. On occasion, there would be a faint jingle as he took a step. He stopped for a moment, raising his hand to remove his weathered, wide-brimmed hat. The hair beneath was a sterling silver, matching quite closely the short beard adorning his face. His eyes were rather impassive.

Making his way over to the bar, he sat - not ordering a drink at present, but merely looking over the other patrons in a curious manner. He set a long bundle on the ground beside him - wrapped in dust-strewn black cloth, its contents were unclear.

The lady turned in her seat and waved at the newcomer with a smile. She acted pretty casual for someone who looked like a vampire. Actually, perhaps she was a vampire. That would explain the drink...

Nation that broke away from the US following a global supernatural cataclysm. Details still WIP, my writing hasn't been great lately.

Area 6-Z
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Area 6-Z » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:54 pm

Nu Alaska wrote:
Area 6-Z wrote:

"What brings you here?"

The girl shrugged.

“I just moved here and thought this place looked interesting. Heard it’s ‘interdimensional’ or something. Sounds like something out of a comic book, so I had to see it for myself.”

"Nice to meet you Kristalinn, my name is Victoria Quinn." Victoria introduce herself as she eyed the red drink for a bit before looking back at Kristalinn.

"Well I hope you enjoy your stay here Kritalinn, its a good place to relax and just forget of any stress or worries you have."
She/Her
Area 6-Z Theme

Jehovahs Circle
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Jehovahs Circle » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 am

Nu Alaska wrote:The lady turned in her seat and waved at the newcomer with a smile. She acted pretty casual for someone who looked like a vampire. Actually, perhaps she was a vampire. That would explain the drink...

The man turned to her with a somewhat bemused expression. When he spoke, it was with a rather friendly, if somewhat weathered, voice.

"Good afternoon. Do I... know you?"
|☧|Two hundred years after the Great War, a shadowy collective rises from the rubble.|☧|

In their stead, ashes.
Before them, a mission.

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:53 am

Area 6-Z wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:The girl shrugged.

"Nice to meet you Kristalinn, my name is Victoria Quinn." Victoria introduce herself as she eyed the red drink for a bit before looking back at Kristalinn.

"Well I hope you enjoy your stay here Kritalinn, its a good place to relax and just forget of any stress or worries you have."

"Bars tend to be that."

Another sip of the drink.

"Good places to get out of the sun, too, though the windows this place has up front are a bit of a bother... so, where are you from? I haven't seen you before, and if this place really does 'connect the multiverse' I take it we didn't come from the same place."
Jehovahs Circle wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:The lady turned in her seat and waved at the newcomer with a smile. She acted pretty casual for someone who looked like a vampire. Actually, perhaps she was a vampire. That would explain the drink...

The man turned to her with a somewhat bemused expression. When he spoke, it was with a rather friendly, if somewhat weathered, voice.

"Good afternoon. Do I... know you?"

She thought a brief moment.

"I... don't think so, no. Just trying to be polite is all. Name's Kristalinn."

Jehovahs Circle
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Jehovahs Circle » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 am

Nu Alaska wrote:She thought a brief moment.

"I... don't think so, no. Just trying to be polite is all. Name's Kristalinn."

He paused for a moment, then gave a slight chuckle.

"Ah. Forgive me, then - I must admit, I'm unaccustomed to such niceties. In my experience, anyone approaching me in a bar is about as likely to try shooting me than engaging in conversation - and if they do go for the latter, it tends to be a... business inquiry. In any case, pleased to make your acquaintance. My name is a... complex affair, but feel free to call me the Reverend. Most do."

In their stead, ashes.
Before them, a mission.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives