NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v4]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:45 pm

I haven't been around this establishment in a while. Sure my prepping in Lowblood has gotten the best of me." A rather tired Oni stumbles into the establishment and orders a strange beverage.
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 16, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Wine-loving Chimps wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“It’s not my fault everyone around me is a walking, talking cliche or Superman on crack.”

*Caesar laughs long and hard at that one, almost spilling that second glass of wine onto the floor*

"I say, you're not completely wrong."

“Most of them just happen to be really bad cliches”

“speaking of which here’s one right now”
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)
Working on ONI-2* 3D Model!! | Factbooks on hold for research | God I Love Nukes | Nuclear Howitzers vs soft scifi
The Indomitable Human Spirit Will Prevail All Misery, Suffering Is But The Path To Growth
most glorious puppet of UIJ
i am almost certainly drunk/high on NS, forgive me (or not idc) if its' obvious
i am not liberal but I am liberal in my use of nuclear ordnance and that is my politics
th-thanks mods!!!! *gives Plutonium & U-234* oopise hehe *violent nuclear death*

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:08 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:“Most of them just happen to be really bad cliches”

"Do you refer to myself, or the newcomer? Because if it's the former... well, I can't really fault you for it. Delusion, or perhaps the illusion of delusion, has become a popular cultural fixture for whatever reason."

The tiny cube suddenly stopped whirring, and there was an audible "pop". The shot glass, too, halted its spin, but the liquid within maintained gyration. Slowly, it seemed to solidify as it slowed down, until the glass was filled with a mass of cuboid whitish crystals.

Hatlen nodded in satisfaction.

Hub Page
The Azure Syndicate | The Grand Adatan Union | Sol's Children | TBA

A creative writing experiment. 90% of the factbooks are out of date, don't read them.
If you try to apply NS stats to this, then you probably can't read.

Featuring soul weaponization, rampant existential dread and a really weird power dynamic between a band of technologically-ascendant scientists, a highly compressed bureaucratic space polity and a nomadic sun-cult wielding precursor technology, all soon to struggle in the face of the universe being a bit of a dick.

The Federated Soviets of North America wrote:Their leader redesigned the spleen

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm

The Auraverse wrote:

"Do you refer to myself, or the newcomer? Because if it's the former... well, I can't really fault you for it. Delusion, or perhaps the illusion of delusion, has become a popular cultural fixture for whatever reason."

The tiny cube suddenly stopped whirring, and there was an audible "pop". The shot glass, too, halted its spin, but the liquid within maintained gyration. Slowly, it seemed to solidify as it slowed down, until the glass was filled with a mass of cuboid whitish crystals.

Hatlen nodded in satisfaction.

“I meant the cat kid, but you’re a mad scientist, so you too. We all are, really.”

“Except I’m a robot so I have an excuse.”
Last edited by UIS Leviathan on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)
Working on ONI-2* 3D Model!! | Factbooks on hold for research | God I Love Nukes | Nuclear Howitzers vs soft scifi
The Indomitable Human Spirit Will Prevail All Misery, Suffering Is But The Path To Growth
i am not liberal but I am liberal in my use of nuclear ordnance and that is my politics
th-thanks mods!!!! *gives Plutonium & U-234* oopise hehe *violent nuclear death*

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:13 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:“I meant the cat kid, but you’re a mad scientist, so you too. We all are, really.”

"Ah, well. Madness is all subjective anyway. And in all fairness, the quotient of organic matter that makes up my being is sufficiently tiny to warrant discounting as some sort of measurement error. A blip, as it were... a vestige? At this point."

Hatlen now produced a small pestle and mortar, tipping the crystalline mass into the latter. He gripped the pestle with two fingers, and began to grind.

Hub Page

A creative writing experiment. 90% of the factbooks are out of date, don't read them.

Featuring soul weaponization, rampant existential dread and a really weird power dynamic between a band of technologically-ascendant scientists, a highly compressed bureaucratic space polity and a nomadic sun-cult wielding precursor technology, all soon to struggle in the face of the universe being a bit of a dick.

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:53 pm

The Auraverse wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“I meant the cat kid, but you’re a mad scientist, so you too. We all are, really.”

"Ah, well. Madness is all subjective anyway. And in all fairness, the quotient of organic matter that makes up my being is sufficiently tiny to warrant discounting as some sort of measurement error. A blip, as it were... a vestige? At this point."

Hatlen now produced a small pestle and mortar, tipping the crystalline mass into the latter. He gripped the pestle with two fingers, and began to grind.

“Maybe to someone who’s mad, but people can generally point out a “mad scientist”.”
“None of what you just said makes any sense. You just spit words into my face with no real meaning.”
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:00 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:
Wine-loving Chimps wrote:
*Caesar laughs long and hard at that one, almost spilling that second glass of wine onto the floor*

"I say, you're not completely wrong."

“Most of them just happen to be really bad cliches”

"Yeah a bad cliche. You are just a thorn in my side, for whatever reasons you have." Oni shrugged
If you can see us...

Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:01 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:“Maybe to someone who’s mad, but people can generally point out a “mad scientist”.”
“None of what you just said makes any sense. You just spit words into my face with no real meaning.”

Hatlen sighed.

"In layman's terms, the ratio of inorganic components, mechanical or otherwise, to organic ones, when considering my overall composition, is immense. To the point where any distinction between "robot" and "organic" becomes meaningless. If I glued a few human skin cells to your proxy here, that wouldn't exactly make it human."
Last edited by The Auraverse on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hub Page

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Low bloods wrote:

"Yeah a bad cliche. You are just a thorn in my side, for whatever reasons you have." Oni shrugged

“Have you looked in a mirror?”
The Auraverse wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“Maybe to someone who’s mad, but people can generally point out a “mad scientist”.”

Hatlen sighed.

"In layman's terms, the ratio of inorganic components, mechanical or otherwise, to organic ones, when considering my overall composition, is immense. To the point where any distinction between "robot" and "organic" becomes meaningless. If I glued a few human skin cells to your proxy here, that wouldn't exactly make it human."

“Mhm....and what baring does that have on what I said? Can you not be a mad scientist robot?”
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:33 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:“Mhm....and what baring does that have on what I said? Can you not be a mad scientist robot?”

"I suppose I can. In the same way that you fit into the bracket of "token asshole" rather snugly. My point is that physical makeup has little to no bearing on one's disposition. It's the mind that matters."

Hub Page

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:54 pm

The Auraverse wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“Mhm....and what baring does that have on what I said? Can you not be a mad scientist robot?”

"I suppose I can. In the same way that you fit into the bracket of "token asshole" rather snugly. My point is that physical makeup has little to no bearing on one's disposition. It's the mind that matters."

“I wear it with honor, I hate all of you.”
“Right but I never said it didn’t. You’ve only gone off on a tangent, it seems.”
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:58 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:“I wear it with honor, I hate all of you.”
“Right but I never said it didn’t. You’ve only gone off on a tangent, it seems.”

Hatlen didn't actually move his lips, but sound was produced nevertheless. The voice was that of Leviathan himself.

"- I believe were your exact words."

The last bit was spoken normally once more.

Hub Page

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:05 pm

The Auraverse wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“I wear it with honor, I hate all of you.”

Hatlen didn't actually move his lips, but sound was produced nevertheless. The voice was that of Leviathan himself.

"- I believe were your exact words."

The last bit was spoken normally once more.

“Yes, it’s called joke, or rather sarcasm, genius. I get it, it’s something a person like you wouldn’t understand. I’ll refrain from being sarcastic just for you.”
Leviathan's mouth also never moved. He also didn’t have a mouth, though.
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:12 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:“Yes, it’s called joke, or rather sarcasm, genius. I get it, it’s something a person like you wouldn’t understand. I’ll refrain from being sarcastic just for you.”

"How considerate of you. Ah, one second."

Hatlen didn't actually seem to do anything, save for standing still for a few moments. There was, however, a faint hum.

"There we go. Some readjustments, to account for your... mannerisms. Only took a rearrangement of... oh, about three hundred metric tonnes. Give or take. Still, something a bit more permanent and streamlined than the usual digital rerouting."

OOC: Probably gonna head off to bed now.

Hub Page

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:14 pm

The Auraverse wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“Yes, it’s called joke, or rather sarcasm, genius. I get it, it’s something a person like you wouldn’t understand. I’ll refrain from being sarcastic just for you.”

Hatlen didn't actually seem to do anything, save for standing still for a few moments. There was, however, a faint hum.

"There we go. Some readjustments, to account for your... mannerisms. Only took a rearrangement of... oh, about three hundred metric tonnes. Give or take. Still, something a bit more permanent and streamlined than the usual digital rerouting."

“It’s hard to tell if you’re more or less advanced than me, but it pleases me to know you can’t just actively change how you interact with people, like humans and I can.”

(I’m not your dad, you can go to bed whenever you like, you ain’t gotta tell me/us)
Last edited by UIS Leviathan on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:21 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:
The Auraverse wrote:

“It’s hard to tell if you’re more or less advanced than me, but it pleases me to know you can’t just actively change how you interact with people, like humans and I can.”

(I’m not your dad, you can go to bed whenever you like, you ain’t gotta tell me/us)

"Sadly, my methodology for self-improvement comes bundled with a degree of inflexibility. One of the downsides to a primarily inorganic approach, I suppose. Time dilation would make the difference entirely negligible, but I'd prefer not to waste energy."

OOC: More or less just letting you know that I'll be gone for a while. Some people get pissy about randomly leaving during interactions, even on F7.

Hub Page

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm

The Auraverse wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“It’s hard to tell if you’re more or less advanced than me, but it pleases me to know you can’t just actively change how you interact with people, like humans and I can.”

"Sadly, my methodology for self-improvement comes bundled with a degree of inflexibility. One of the downsides to a primarily inorganic approach, I suppose. Time dilation would make the difference entirely negligible, but I'd prefer not to waste energy."

OOC: More or less just letting you know that I'll be gone for a while. Some people get pissy about randomly leaving during interactions, even on F7.

“Yes, I too control time at my beckon and whim.”

(I’ve never seen anyone get angry about that here, I wouldn’t worry.)
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:28 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:
The Auraverse wrote:

“Yes, I too control time at my beckon and whim.”

"Oh, not externally. I suppose that could be done, but the processing power needed would prove rather impractical. What I mean is less control of time, and more... the perception of time. To go into further detail would mean an explanation into how exactly it is I think, and I'd prefer not to give a stranger the design blueprints to, well, myself."

Hub Page

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:29 pm

The Auraverse wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“Yes, I too control time at my beckon and whim.”

"Oh, not externally. I suppose that could be done, but the processing power needed would prove rather impractical. What I mean is less control of time, and more... the perception of time. To go into further detail would mean an explanation into how exactly it is I think, and I'd prefer not to give a stranger the design blueprints to, well, myself."

“I mean I just use my stand.”
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:52 am

UIS Leviathan wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"Yeah a bad cliche. You are just a thorn in my side, for whatever reasons you have." Oni shrugged

“Have you looked in a mirror?”
The Auraverse wrote:
Hatlen sighed.

“Mhm....and what baring does that have on what I said? Can you not be a mad scientist robot?”

"Of course. I don't believe I see what you do. As you have stated in the past with such negative feeling, do you really think I'm going to alienate myself? " he chuckle and had a slight cock of the head.
"You are a broken record with little to purpose. You've sunken down to "My level" in the past, so what makes you any different than I? The only reason you think this way is because I only provide the base knowledge. So I get why you would think such a thing.

And I already know you will counterclaim, and this discussion can advance into an argument or just a more heated discussion.

But seriously, what do you think I'm going to do change, see the error of my ways? Change my whole life story and perspective for your satisfaction?" He then held his tongue and went back to enjoying his drink.
If you can see us...

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Low bloods wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“Have you looked in a mirror?”

"Of course. I don't believe I see what you do. As you have stated in the past with such negative feeling, do you really think I'm going to alienate myself? " he chuckle and had a slight cock of the head.
"You are a broken record with little to purpose. You've sunken down to "My level" in the past, so what makes you any different than I? The only reason you think this way is because I only provide the base knowledge. So I get why you would think such a thing.

And I already know you will counterclaim, and this discussion can advance into an argument or just a more heated discussion.

But seriously, what do you think I'm going to do change, see the error of my ways? Change my whole life story and perspective for your satisfaction?" He then held his tongue and went back to enjoying his drink.

“God, you are a massive pseudointellectual, I can’t believe you just cursed my ears with that fucking vocal garbage. Please, for the love of humanity, shut up.
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:28 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"Of course. I don't believe I see what you do. As you have stated in the past with such negative feeling, do you really think I'm going to alienate myself? " he chuckle and had a slight cock of the head.

“God, you are a massive pseudointellectual, I can’t believe you just cursed my ears with that fucking vocal garbage. Please, for the love of humanity, shut up.

"And you are as overdramatic as I am. I'll shut up when you get over yourself and learn to live with the people around you without the pointless bickering. Or atleast make an exception for me."
He laughed a bit.
"Because trust me, it's not easy on my ears."
If you can see us...

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Low bloods wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“God, you are a massive pseudointellectual, I can’t believe you just cursed my ears with that fucking vocal garbage. Please, for the love of humanity, shut up.

"And you are as overdramatic as I am. I'll shut up when you get over yourself and learn to live with the people around you without the pointless bickering. Or atleast make an exception for me."
He laughed a bit.

“Please, I can easily fix this.” He said, producing a shotgun from under the table. “Now when I say pull, jump in the air. I promise I won’t just purposely shoot you in the balls. Well, I will, but not with the first shot.”
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:45 pm

UIS Leviathan wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"And you are as overdramatic as I am. I'll shut up when you get over yourself and learn to live with the people around you without the pointless bickering. Or atleast make an exception for me."
He laughed a bit.

“Please, I can easily fix this.” He said, producing a shotgun from under the table. “Now when I say pull, jump in the air. I promise I won’t just purposely shoot you in the balls. Well, I will, but not with the first shot.”

"This seems like a game with more risk than reward. Well for me atleast."
If you can see us...

UIS Leviathan
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby UIS Leviathan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Low bloods wrote:
UIS Leviathan wrote:“Please, I can easily fix this.” He said, producing a shotgun from under the table. “Now when I say pull, jump in the air. I promise I won’t just purposely shoot you in the balls. Well, I will, but not with the first shot.”

"This seems like a game with more risk than reward. Well for me atleast."

“I’ll give you a napkin. Now PULL” He said, raising the shotgun.
The Fleet of IDIF-1
Anthem (Official)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives