NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v4]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 19, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Graag Brom wrote:A man would walk into the bar's main room and looked around curiously as he quietly handed Mister Mouffan a sack of drakes at the bar itself, so as to cover just about any expenses he'd have here.

The new arrival could be described as pink-with-bits-of-red-haired, pale, having one hazel and one green eye, and somewhat pointed ears. His style of dress would probably be distinctive as well by what might count as multiverse-standards for non-PT nations, well-tailored if simple brown fur clothes, a fairly large leather backpack, and a steel Breto-Nordic triquetra necklace around his neck. A certain hyperactive fox-woman may or may not recognize him as the kind man who gave her an enchanted bracelet awhile back to improve her luck...

Z noticed him and looked at him for a moment. He seemed familiar, but for some reason she couldn't quite place him. She'd been traveling a lot lately and had met all sorts of people.

Kerlodes wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:"I'll stick with Z, thanks. Zoe's the only name I can think of and I don't really like it."

She didn't really mind being snuggled, but she was also a hyperactive little demon and didn't really like being restricted.

"Hey, this is really nice and all, but can you please let go?"

She let go.
HMS Duke of York: "Okay... anyways, Z... wanna get a drink?"

"Sure!"
The Federal Republic of Alaska

Nation that broke away from the US following a global supernatural cataclysm. Details still WIP, my writing hasn't been great lately.
In the same universe as Foxfound.

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Nu Alaska wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:A man would walk into the bar's main room and looked around curiously as he quietly handed Mister Mouffan a sack of drakes at the bar itself, so as to cover just about any expenses he'd have here.

The new arrival could be described as pink-with-bits-of-red-haired, pale, having one hazel and one green eye, and somewhat pointed ears. His style of dress would probably be distinctive as well by what might count as multiverse-standards for non-PT nations, well-tailored if simple brown fur clothes, a fairly large leather backpack, and a steel Breto-Nordic triquetra necklace around his neck. A certain hyperactive fox-woman may or may not recognize him as the kind man who gave her an enchanted bracelet awhile back to improve her luck...

Z noticed him and looked at him for a moment. He seemed familiar, but for some reason she couldn't quite place him. She'd been traveling a lot lately and had met all sorts of people.

Kerlodes wrote:
She let go.

"Sure!"

*He noticed her and walked over with a warm smile, if she noted that kind of thing his eyes were notably more focused than the last time they met.* "Sera Z?" *He asked in greeting, his voice and terminology probably jogging her memory.*
If you want to know more of the Elder scrolls lore behind this nation. click here
♦Hail the Empire!♦
Apologies for the state of factbooks.

Summerset fails to elect King for second year in row with the Adonaisel split 35-35|Skyrim Hold formerly known as "The Reach" renames itself to Rechia as support for provincehood grows|"Root beer" imported for commercial purposes now requires a disclaimer of being non-alcoholic, if not relabel itself as root cola, following false advertising case in Rumare| Kāz please add details. Year of Akatosh, 5E 78.

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Graag Brom wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:Z noticed him and looked at him for a moment. He seemed familiar, but for some reason she couldn't quite place him. She'd been traveling a lot lately and had met all sorts of people.

"Sure!"

*He noticed her and walked over with a warm smile, if she noted that kind of thing his eyes were notably more focused than the last time they met.* "Sera Z?" *He asked in greeting, his voice and terminology probably jogging her memory.*

She looked at him again, then down at her bracelet, and then up at him again. She smiled warmly.

"Hey! I remember you. I don't remember your name, but I remember you. You gave me this." She tapped the bracelet.

Nation that broke away from the US following a global supernatural cataclysm. Details still WIP, my writing hasn't been great lately.

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:58 pm

Nu Alaska wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:*He noticed her and walked over with a warm smile, if she noted that kind of thing his eyes were notably more focused than the last time they met.* "Sera Z?" *He asked in greeting, his voice and terminology probably jogging her memory.*

She looked at him again, then down at her bracelet, and then up at him again. She smiled warmly.

"Hey! I remember you. I don't remember your name, but I remember you. You gave me this." She tapped the bracelet.

"Erik, m'lady, Erik Septim-Dvorana at your service. I was hoping I'd find you here, seems my paternal grandmother somehow knew where you were. The fact she learned that from arguing at thin air aside... How well is that bracelet helping you out?" *He re-informed her happily, before then asking curiously as he took a sip of his drink.*
Last edited by Graag Brom on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to know more of the Elder scrolls lore behind this nation. click here
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Summerset fails to elect King for second year in row with the Adonaisel split 35-35|Skyrim Hold formerly known as "The Reach" renames itself to Rechia as support for provincehood grows|"Root beer" imported for commercial purposes now requires a disclaimer of being non-alcoholic, if not relabel itself as root cola, following false advertising case in Rumare| Kāz please add details. Year of Akatosh, 5E 78.

Kerlodes
Civilian

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerlodes » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:48 am

Graag Brom wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:She looked at him again, then down at her bracelet, and then up at him again. She smiled warmly.

"Erik, m'lady, Erik Septim-Dvorana at your service. I was hoping I'd find you here, seems my paternal grandmother somehow knew where you were. The fact she learned that from arguing at thin air aside... How well is that bracelet helping you out?" *He re-informed her happily, before then asking curiously as he took a sip of his drink.*

HMS Duke of York: "A bracelet? Is it magical? What does it do?"

She seemed curious.
Nu Alaska wrote:

Kerlodes wrote:
She let go.

"Sure!"

HMS Duke of York: "What would you like?"
Welcome to Shipgirl country.
I am HMS Duke of York, and I must say, thine blood looks delicious, might I say. I need to make thou mine! And mine only!

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:14 am

Kerlodes wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:"Erik, m'lady, Erik Septim-Dvorana at your service. I was hoping I'd find you here, seems my paternal grandmother somehow knew where you were. The fact she learned that from arguing at thin air aside... How well is that bracelet helping you out?" *He re-informed her happily, before then asking curiously as he took a sip of his drink.*

She seemed curious.
Nu Alaska wrote:Z noticed him and looked at him for a moment. He seemed familiar, but for some reason she couldn't quite place him. She'd been traveling a lot lately and had met all sorts of people.

"Sure!"

"It has an enchantment to fortify one's luck, my parents originally had it made for me as a gift... But Z seemed like she needed its effects more." *Erik explained recalling the day he gave to Z, his eyes glancing at the shipgirl long enough to be respectful before returning to Z. York could've possibly noticed how notably long his canines were in comparison to the rest of teeth as he spoke, or noticed a slight scent of some kind of lizard's blood from his drink.*

T'was a silver bracelet with a single ruby gem at the top of it shaped into an oval, fit quite comfortably on Z's wrist, and the designs on the silver seeming to depict what she'd possibly understand as 'Romans lead by a werewolf fighting and being defeated by Semi-Tolkien looking elves.' It emanated a magical aura those attuned to such things would be able to notice, clearly the enchantment he referred to was pretty strong.
Last edited by Graag Brom on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:36 am

Graag Brom wrote:"It has an enchantment to fortify one's luck, my parents originally had it made for me as a gift... But Z seemed like she needed its effects more." *Erik explained recalling the day he gave to Z, his eyes glancing at the shipgirl long enough to be respectful before returning to Z. York could've possibly noticed how notably long his canines were in comparison to the rest of teeth as he spoke, or noticed a slight scent of some kind of lizard's blood from his drink.*

T'was a silver bracelet with a single ruby gem at the top of it shaped into an oval, fit quite comfortably on Z's wrist, and the designs on the silver seeming to depict what she'd possibly understand as 'Romans lead by a werewolf fighting and being defeated by Semi-Tolkien looking elves.' It emanated a magical aura those attuned to such things would be able to notice, clearly the enchantment he referred to was pretty strong.

Twisse did notice. An heirloom... perhaps indicative of a worthwhile market? Not like she had anything better to do. Stretching in a vaguely catlike manner, she rose from her seat and strolled over to Erik.

"Good afternoon. I couldn't help but overhear your explanation of the provenance of this..."

She nodded towards the bracelet.

"...item. Whereabouts do you hail from, if I may be privy to such information? The craftsmanship is rather impressive - if I could get some indication of the artificers responsible, I'd be most grateful."

She was picking up on the smaller details now. The teeth, the drink... a second vampire? Ah well. You got all sorts in here. He seemed amiable enough.
‖♜‖ 'Twixt the darkness, and the light ‖♜‖
‖♜‖ Seekers roam the seas of night ‖♜‖

A mercantile city state, housed in a dimension-hopping tower that's bigger on the inside.
Ruled by a meritocratic adventurers' council (in theory) and a democratically-elected municipal body (in practice).
Punches far above its apparent weight via an unending golem army and a schizotech clique of superhuman mercenaries.
NS stats are for those with no imagination.
[EXTREMELY WIP]

The not-so-short rundown [outdated] || The leaders [unfinished] || The military [outdated and unfinished] || Some choice information [soup]

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:55 am

Eisenstern wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:"It has an enchantment to fortify one's luck, my parents originally had it made for me as a gift... But Z seemed like she needed its effects more." *Erik explained recalling the day he gave to Z, his eyes glancing at the shipgirl long enough to be respectful before returning to Z. York could've possibly noticed how notably long his canines were in comparison to the rest of teeth as he spoke, or noticed a slight scent of some kind of lizard's blood from his drink.*

Twisse did notice. An heirloom... perhaps indicative of a worthwhile market? Not like she had anything better to do. Stretching in a vaguely catlike manner, she rose from her seat and strolled over to Erik.

"Good afternoon. I couldn't help but overhear your explanation of the provenance of this..."

She nodded towards the bracelet.

"...item. Whereabouts do you hail from, if I may be privy to such information? The craftsmanship is rather impressive - if I could get some indication of the artificers responsible, I'd be most grateful."

She was picking up on the smaller details now. The teeth, the drink... a second vampire? Ah well. You got all sorts in here. He seemed amiable enough.

"Well firstly I am from the Empire of Nirn, the Provincial Kingdom of Atmora and Duchy of New Vivec more specifically. And I believe my father said the smith and jeweler was Ghak Gra-Nolob, although this was decades ago back when I was still barely in my teens so my memory might not be the best, and that the enchanter was an Altmer named Venerien. I believe the former still lives and practices her craft in Blackport, Atmora, while the latter moved to Argonia awhile back where I don't know of his current whereabouts." *Erik replied to Twisse while taking another sip of his drink as he made sure he could focus enough to catch Z's response to his earlier question, whenever it came, yet still being polite in the conversation.*
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:11 am

Kerlodes wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:"Erik, m'lady, Erik Septim-Dvorana at your service. I was hoping I'd find you here, seems my paternal grandmother somehow knew where you were. The fact she learned that from arguing at thin air aside... How well is that bracelet helping you out?" *He re-informed her happily, before then asking curiously as he took a sip of his drink.*

She seemed curious.

"Sure!"

"I'm not really sure... I think I already had enough hot chocolate for the whole year yesterday, so not that.. Cream soda! I'm sure they have that."

Graag Brom wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:She looked at him again, then down at her bracelet, and then up at him again. She smiled warmly.

"Awesome to see you again!"

Not very formal, but you could tell it was sincere.

"I'd say it's helped a lot. Hard to tell what's just normal chance and what isn't, but I've certainly got out of more than one sticky situation."

Her ears swiveled inquisitively. "Arguing at thin air? What now?"

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:32 am

Nu Alaska wrote:
Kerlodes wrote:

She seemed curious.

"I'm not really sure... I think I already had enough hot chocolate for the whole year yesterday, so not that.. Cream soda! I'm sure they have that."

"I'd say it's helped a lot. Hard to tell what's just normal chance and what isn't, but I've certainly got out of more than one sticky situation."

"She was irritably asking the 'writers' where you were and told me about this place after apparently getting a response, although I couldn't see or hear whoever or whatever she was talking to. Personally I can't tell if she can see and hear something the rest of us can't, or if she needs to be getting her psyche checked. Also I already gave Monsieur Mouffan about 500 Drakes in expenditure coverage for my time here, not counting what I paid for the glass of sujamma I'm drinking right now, so if you'd like I could cover the cost of that soda and whatever the one with you here wants." *Erik explained and added kindly, honestly wanting to be helpful to her, but not letting the reminder of that mostly-unrelated situation dampen his mood.*
Last edited by Graag Brom on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:21 am

Graag Brom wrote:"Well firstly I am from the Empire of Nirn, the Provincial Kingdom of Atmora and Duchy of New Vivec more specifically. And I believe my father said the smith and jeweler was Ghak Gra-Nolob, although this was decades ago back when I was still barely in my teens so my memory might not be the best, and that the enchanter was an Altmer named Venerien. I believe the former still lives and practices her craft in Blackport, Atmora, while the latter moved to Argonia awhile back where I don't know of his current whereabouts." *Erik replied to Twisse while taking another sip of his drink as he made sure he could focus enough to catch Z's response to his earlier question, whenever it came, yet still being polite in the conversation.*

"Nirn, eh? That's... surprisingly vague from an omniversal standpoint. Hang on a moment."

She withdrew a bulky, pocketwatch-esque device from within her robe. Flipping open its lid and folding out a thin, circular armature, she peered at Erik through the lens at its center. From his perspective, her eye seemed to glow, but it was probably a trick of the light. Probably. There was a flurry of assorted clockwork sounds from within the implement, until at last it fell silent with a melodic ding. Twisse stared intently into the numerous dials and counters that adorned its interior surface.

"Right, that should give me a rough metric. And..."

Replacing the not-quite-watch, she then produced a small leather-bound notebook. Her hand erupted into sparks for a moment, as she seemed to reach into the air itself and withdraw an ornate quill pen.

"...Atmora, New Vivec... Ghak Gra-Nolob."

She turned back to the half(?) elf.

"An orc, I presume? Judging by the name alone. Such things tend to carry over through metanarratives."
Last edited by Eisenstern on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

A mercantile city state, housed in a dimension-hopping tower that's bigger on the inside.
Ruled by a meritocratic adventurers' council (in theory) and a democratically-elected municipal body (in practice).
Punches far above its apparent weight via an unending golem army and a schizotech clique of superhuman mercenaries.
[EXTREMELY WIP]

The not-so-short rundown [outdated] || The leaders [unfinished] || The military [outdated and unfinished] || Some choice information [soup]

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:49 am

Eisenstern wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:"Well firstly I am from the Empire of Nirn, the Provincial Kingdom of Atmora and Duchy of New Vivec more specifically. And I believe my father said the smith and jeweler was Ghak Gra-Nolob, although this was decades ago back when I was still barely in my teens so my memory might not be the best, and that the enchanter was an Altmer named Venerien. I believe the former still lives and practices her craft in Blackport, Atmora, while the latter moved to Argonia awhile back where I don't know of his current whereabouts." *Erik replied to Twisse while taking another sip of his drink as he made sure he could focus enough to catch Z's response to his earlier question, whenever it came, yet still being polite in the conversation.*

"Nirn, eh? That's... surprisingly vague from an omniversal standpoint. Hang on a moment."

She withdrew a bulky, pocketwatch-esque device from within her robe. Flipping open its lid and folding out a thin, circular armature, she peered at Erik through the lens at its center. From his perspective, her eye seemed to spark. There was a flurry of assorted clockwork sounds from within the implement, until at last it fell silent with a melodic ding. Twisse stared intently into the numerous dials and counters that adorned its interior surface.

"Right, that should give me a rough metric. And..."

Replacing the not-quite-watch, she then produced a small leather-bound notebook. Her hand erupted into sparks for a moment, as she seemed to reach into the air itself and withdraw an ornate quill pen.

"...Atmora, New Vivec... Ghak Gra-Nolob."

She turned back to the half(?) elf.

"An orc, I presume? Judging by the name alone. Such things tend to carry over through metanarratives."

(Hard to say whether he's a half-elf or quarter-elf, if such a thing exists, as his mother is half-Orsimer and half-a race of vampire from another universe while his father is Breton through and through. [And it's debatable how elven vs how human Bretons are.] His maternal grandfather is also the Dovákīn of the 4th Era/The Last Dovákīn of his particular Aurbis, he being where the Orsimer part of the lineage comes from, so that might also have an impact on what Erik would be defined as biologically.)
"Yep, knew you'd figure that easily enough." *He replied simply with a slight chuckle, finding humor in the situation of having to keep his attention divided, though admittedly not really getting the lingo she was throwing around and curiously taking brief glances at the devices she was using as well as her briefly glowing eye. While he had seen magic cause glowing eyes and sparks before, this seemed different.*
Last edited by Graag Brom on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:05 pm

"Right, that should give me a bit of a search basis. Thank you kindly."

Shutting the book with a miniature blued flash (a sharp-eyed observer may have noted the brief formation of an intricate seal on its cover - presumably, some form of protective spell), she tucked it back into her cloak. The pen disappeared back into thin air.

"Oh, and I haven't actually introduced myself as of yet. Apologies."

She bowed ever-so-slightly.

"Areagne Twisse, Chief Emissary of the Guild of Eisenstern, at your service."

[EXTREMELY WIP]

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Eisenstern wrote:"Right, that should give me a bit of a search basis. Thank you kindly."

Shutting the book with a miniature blued flash (a sharp-eyed observer may have noted the brief formation of an intricate seal on its cover - presumably, some form of protective spell), she tucked it back into her cloak. The pen disappeared back into thin air.

"Oh, and I haven't actually introduced myself as of yet. Apologies."

She bowed ever-so-slightly.

"Areagne Twisse, Chief Emissary of the Guild of Eisenstern, at your service."

"I've already introduced myself, presuming you caught that conversation, so there's me. In any event good to meet you, Emissary Twisse... Wait, Guild of Eisenstern? As in a guild acting as a completely independent political entity?" *He said bowing-a-bit himself as he took another sip of his drink, before then asking curiously at hearing that. His attention too divided right now to notice anything with all that much of a sharp eye.*
Last edited by Graag Brom on Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:37 pm

Graag Brom wrote:"I've already introduced myself, presuming you caught that conversation, so there's me. In any event good to meet you, Emissary Twisse... Wait, Guild of Eisenstern? As in a guild acting as a completely independent political entity?" *He said bowing-a-bit himself as he took another sip of his drink, before then asking curiously at hearing that. His attention too divided right now to notice anything with all that much of a sharp eye.*

"Indeed. The Guild considers itself to be largely independent from national and political ties. Although due to its purvey over its eponymous city-state, it could probably be considered an equivalent player on such stages. That said we... try not to get involved in politics overmuch. Such things have a tendency to get dicey."

Twisse glanced over at her own drink, left behind on her table. For a moment, she seemed to consider something, before shrugging slightly and... suddenly the drink was in her hand. No visible movement had taken place, and yet she seemed to have shifted her position ever-so-slightly, accompanied by a slight rush of wind.

[EXTREMELY WIP]

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:21 pm

Eisenstern wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:"I've already introduced myself, presuming you caught that conversation, so there's me. In any event good to meet you, Emissary Twisse... Wait, Guild of Eisenstern? As in a guild acting as a completely independent political entity?" *He said bowing-a-bit himself as he took another sip of his drink, before then asking curiously at hearing that. His attention too divided right now to notice anything with all that much of a sharp eye.*

"Indeed. The Guild considers itself to be largely independent from national and political ties. Although due to its purvey over its eponymous city-state, it could probably be considered an equivalent player on such stages. That said we... try not to get involved in politics overmuch. Such things have a tendency to get dicey."

Twisse glanced over at her own drink, left behind on her table. For a moment, she seemed to consider something, before shrugging slightly and... suddenly the drink was in her hand. No visible movement had taken place, and yet she seemed to have shifted her position ever-so-slightly, accompanied by a slight rush of wind.

"Quite understandable. Never knew a guild back home besides the First Mages Guild and its immediate successors that got properly mixed up in politics, which didn't work out that well for them... You just speed yourself up to a whirlwind? Never seen anyone do that without a θu'um or obvious mechanical assistance." *He noted and then asked impressed as he felt the wind rush, having 'seen' members of his own family perform similar feats more than enough times to figure out that someone is going at such speeds.*
Last edited by Graag Brom on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:33 pm

"θu'um... now that I have heard of, funnily enough. Primal voice-magic, from what I remember. This wasn't quite that - my sources of power are... my own. You're quite the observant one. But what brings you here, if you don't mind the question? It's hardly a tourist hotspot."

[EXTREMELY WIP]

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Eisenstern wrote:"θu'um... now that I have heard of, funnily enough. Primal voice-magic, from what I remember. This wasn't quite that - my sources of power are... my own. You're quite the observant one. But what brings you here, if you don't mind the question? It's hardly a tourist hotspot."

"I believe the technical term over in our part of the multiverse is 'tonal reality-warping' or something like that... But to answer the question, Z, the fox-girl right by us. I'm stuck away from home for awhile because my aunt has some trials going on in Wayrest that it would be best for the accused to be as far away from me as possible, then figured I'd give adventuring a shot like my brother did for a good decade, and her name was the first that came to mind in terms of someone who'd I'd like to be wandering to plenty of places in the multiverse with." *He replied honestly, also using this as an indirect way to inform Z of why he was here as she'd be well within earshot.*
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:14 pm

"Ah. Funny thing, that. I used to be an adventurer like you... then I took on responsibilities. To be honest, my job hasn't really changed much since - still the same old gamut of running around and solving other peoples' problems. Just on a greater scale. If it's adventure you're looking for, though, the Guild might actually be of service. In a multitude of ways."

[EXTREMELY WIP]

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Eisenstern wrote:"Ah. Funny thing, that. I used to be an adventurer like you... then I took on responsibilities. To be honest, my job hasn't really changed much since - still the same old gamut of running around and solving other peoples' problems. Just on a greater scale. If it's adventure you're looking for, though, the Guild might actually be of service. In a multitude of ways."

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind with the time I have away, probably a couple good weeks at least or probably longer given how time-'efficient' these things typically are in High Rock with everyone they have to track down... But soon as I get called to return, it's in all likelihood back to life as normal for me." *He then said with a smile as he once more sipped on his drink, chuckling heartily at the joke she'd made and at the thought of his grandfather's irritated reactions to that particular type of joke.*
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Eisenstern
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Eisenstern » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Graag Brom wrote:"I'll be sure to keep that in mind with the time I have away, probably a couple good weeks at least or probably longer given how time-'efficient' these things typically are in High Rock with everyone they have to track down... But soon as I get called to return, it's in all likelihood back to life as normal for me." *He then said with a smile as he once more sipped on his drink, chuckling heartily at the joke she'd made and at the thought of his grandfather's irritated reactions to that particular type of joke.*

"Oh, so it's a short-term engagement rather than a career choice. In that case I can probably provide something a tad more substantial than some vague promise of aid."

Twisse produced a small silver-edged card - bare, save fora single marking. A thorned circle - seemingly a simpler variant of the silver clasp that held her cloak shut. She handed it over to Erik.

"A coupon, of sorts. Should you ever find yourself in need of anything that no mundane store, worldly or otherwise, can provide... then I think you will find the Tower entirely adequate for anything your heart may desire. And I truly do mean anything. The card should also help with actually finding your way there, should you require guidance. Consider it a token of thanks for the information provided."

[EXTREMELY WIP]

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Eisenstern wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:"I'll be sure to keep that in mind with the time I have away, probably a couple good weeks at least or probably longer given how time-'efficient' these things typically are in High Rock with everyone they have to track down... But soon as I get called to return, it's in all likelihood back to life as normal for me." *He then said with a smile as he once more sipped on his drink, chuckling heartily at the joke she'd made and at the thought of his grandfather's irritated reactions to that particular type of joke.*

"Oh, so it's a short-term engagement rather than a career choice. In that case I can probably provide something a tad more substantial than some vague promise of aid."

Twisse produced a small silver-edged card - bare, save fora single marking. A thorned circle - seemingly a simpler variant of the silver clasp that held her cloak shut. She handed it over to Erik.

"A coupon, of sorts. Should you ever find yourself in need of anything that no mundane store, worldly or otherwise, can provide... then I think you will find the Tower entirely adequate for anything your heart may desire. And I truly do mean anything. The card should also help with actually finding your way there, should you require guidance. Consider it a token of thanks for the information provided."

"Thank you, I'll make sure to use it well." *Erik said gratefully as he looked down at the card in his hand to examine it a bit, before making sure to quickly stash it in a safe place in his backpack... If anyone caught a glance of the inside of said backpack, it looked like the bag was holding more than it should physically be able to in regards to non-perishable food, camping supplies, a few weapons, and other gear one would expect an adventurer to carry.*
♦Hail the Empire!♦

Visari Technocracy
Secretary

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Visari Technocracy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Graag Brom wrote:*The mostly-pink-haired and pale man continued to quietly sip on his glass of blue drink and his eyes kept searching the room, which would have a quite potent smell to anyone in close enough proximity to smell it. He simply raised a glass to the creature producing the music while still minding his own business.*
(Don't mind the vampiric quarter/?half-elf, he's physically incapable of noticing who he needs to right now until plot allows it or he's found by them first.)

The creature somehow grabbed a bit of his drink and brought it over to himself, pouring the liquid on his fleshy body.

“[I can’t believe living creatures actually ingest this]”

The creature floated on over to the bar, grabbing a glass and pouring itself some water, all without actually physically grabbing anything. It made cheerful noises as it poured water over itself.
“[Now that’s much better]”
The Visari Technocracy, a mostly peaceful civilization of friendly psionic floating cyborg aliens that use music to power their psionics and communicate.
Visari when the eurobeat kicks in
Happy Music Boi / A N G E R Y M U S I C B O I
Puppet of the godly and beyond fantastically awesome UIJ

Nu Alaska
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Nu Alaska » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Graag Brom wrote:
Nu Alaska wrote:"I'm not really sure... I think I already had enough hot chocolate for the whole year yesterday, so not that.. Cream soda! I'm sure they have that."

"She was irritably asking the 'writers' where you were and told me about this place after apparently getting a response, although I couldn't see or hear whoever or whatever she was talking to. Personally I can't tell if she can see and hear something the rest of us can't, or if she needs to be getting her psyche checked. Also I already gave Monsieur Mouffan about 500 Drakes in expenditure coverage for my time here, not counting what I paid for the glass of sujamma I'm drinking right now, so if you'd like I could cover the cost of that soda and whatever the one with you here wants." *Erik explained and added kindly, honestly wanting to be helpful to her, but not letting the reminder of that mostly-unrelated situation dampen his mood.*

"Oh, those guys. They're trying their best, I'm sure of it."

This bit about writers didn't seem to be new information to Z. Perhaps being so oblivious let you see things like that.

"That would be wonderful. I'm not sure how much money I have with me, and the cost of things here isn't very consistent.."

Graag Brom
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Graag Brom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Nu Alaska wrote:
Graag Brom wrote:"She was irritably asking the 'writers' where you were and told me about this place after apparently getting a response, although I couldn't see or hear whoever or whatever she was talking to. Personally I can't tell if she can see and hear something the rest of us can't, or if she needs to be getting her psyche checked. Also I already gave Monsieur Mouffan about 500 Drakes in expenditure coverage for my time here, not counting what I paid for the glass of sujamma I'm drinking right now, so if you'd like I could cover the cost of that soda and whatever the one with you here wants." *Erik explained and added kindly, honestly wanting to be helpful to her, but not letting the reminder of that mostly-unrelated situation dampen his mood.*

"Oh, those guys. They're trying their best, I'm sure of it."

This bit about writers didn't seem to be new information to Z. Perhaps being so oblivious let you see things like that.

"That would be wonderful. I'm not sure how much money I have with me, and the cost of things here isn't very consistent.."

*Erik blinked a bit and nodded to Z with a warm smile, staving off thinking about that existential crisis for now.*

"It's been good meeting and talking to you Emissary Twisse, but now I have some drinks to buy. Safe travels to ya." *He then said to Twisse with another slight bow in respect, and out of appreciation for the quite interesting if brief conversation they had, as he went to the bar.*

"Monsieur Mouffan... I would 100 drakes in Cream Soda for Sera Z in intervals of 120 fluid ounces per request and 100 drakes worth of whatever the Dunmeri-sounding lady wishes to drink in intervals as requested by her, please." *He ordered for them, noticing Z's earlier statement about how much hot chocolate she drank and figuring she has a khajiit-level sweetooth to deal with.*

*Mister Mouffan then nodded and quietly proceeded to start pouring three 40 fluid ounce mugs of cream soda. Recalculating Erik's surplus down to 300.*
Last edited by Graag Brom on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
♦Hail the Empire!♦

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives