NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Lobby: No Hacks Here

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Collatis
Minister
 
Posts: 2702
Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Collatis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 am

Let’s not, people. If it’s over, then allow for it to be over.

Vedastia wrote:With the Freedom Party dissolved and the CLP pretty much moribund, who will take the liberal conservative and right liberal mantles?

Either the CHU or PTJ presumably.

Social Democrat | Humanist | Progressive | Internationalist | New Dealer

PRO: social democracy, internationalism, progressivism, democracy,
republicanism, human rights, democratic socialism, Keynesianism,
EU, NATO, two-state solution, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders
CON: conservatism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, neoliberalism,
death penalty, Marxism-Leninism, laissez faire, reaction, fascism,
antisemitism, isolationism, Republican Party, Donald Trump


User avatar
Zurkerx
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7452
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:03 am

Collatis wrote:Let’s not, people. If it’s over, then allow for it to be over.


I'm going to emphasis this. It's time to move past this.
A Golden Civic: the New Pragmatic Libertarian.
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
Begrudgingly for Biden 2020
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Nulla Bellum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1580
Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulla Bellum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:14 am

Can we get a roll call list of account name / character name / party all in one post?
Replying to posts addressed to you is harrassment.

User avatar
Collatis
Minister
 
Posts: 2702
Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Collatis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Nulla Bellum wrote:Can we get a roll call list of account name / character name / party all in one post?

That’s similar to what we’ve had in the Application thread OP in the past.
Last edited by Collatis on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Social Democrat | Humanist | Progressive | Internationalist | New Dealer

PRO: social democracy, internationalism, progressivism, democracy,
republicanism, human rights, democratic socialism, Keynesianism,
EU, NATO, two-state solution, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders
CON: conservatism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, neoliberalism,
death penalty, Marxism-Leninism, laissez faire, reaction, fascism,
antisemitism, isolationism, Republican Party, Donald Trump


User avatar
Roosevetania
Diplomat
 
Posts: 669
Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roosevetania » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:36 pm

People keep talking about the Merizoc vote. Where is it even happening?
White Male, Libertarian Socialist, Anti-Fascist, United Methodist, American Deep South
Pro: socialism, anarchism (ideally), antifa, radical democracy, universal liberation, gun rights, open borders, revolution
Anti: capitalism, the state, authoritarianism, capitalist wars, capital punishment, Israel, generally most bourgeois institutions

Yang Jianguo, Member of the Revolutionary People's Party in the NS Parliament

User avatar
Malgrave
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5639
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Malgrave » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Collatis wrote:
Nulla Bellum wrote:Can we get a roll call list of account name / character name / party all in one post?

That’s similar to what we’ve had in the Application thread OP in the past.


I am getting flashbacks to when I had to maintain this list.
Frenequesta wrote:Well-dressed mad scientists with an edge.

United Kingdom of Malgrave (1910-)
Population: 331 million
GDP Per Capita: 42,000 dollars
Join the Leftist Cooperation and Security Pact

User avatar
Zurkerx
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7452
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Roosevetania wrote:People keep talking about the Merizoc vote. Where is it even happening?


Refer to this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=435910&p=33510252
A Golden Civic: the New Pragmatic Libertarian.
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
Begrudgingly for Biden 2020
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Paketo
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12281
Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Roosevetania wrote:People keep talking about the Merizoc vote. Where is it even happening?


Refer to this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=435910&p=33510252


that just links to the page. This is actual post link: viewtopic.php?p=33510252#p33510252
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

User avatar
Zurkerx
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7452
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:03 pm

Paketo wrote:


that just links to the page. This is actual post link: viewtopic.php?p=33510252#p33510252


Those links are sensitive. Thank you for the correction.
A Golden Civic: the New Pragmatic Libertarian.
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
Begrudgingly for Biden 2020
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Nulla Bellum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1580
Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulla Bellum » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Malgrave wrote:
Collatis wrote:That’s similar to what we’ve had in the Application thread OP in the past.


I am getting flashbacks to when I had to maintain this list.


I envision the herding of cats...
Replying to posts addressed to you is harrassment.

User avatar
Costa Fierro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19516
Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Costa Fierro » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Collatis wrote:Let’s not, people. If it’s over, then allow for it to be over.

Vedastia wrote:With the Freedom Party dissolved and the CLP pretty much moribund, who will take the liberal conservative and right liberal mantles?

Either the CHU or PTJ presumably.


PTJ. Republic or bust!
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User avatar
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1853
Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 pm

I've already been keeping track of people's party membership. If people would like I can start recording people's senator names as well.

CPG-MDPAfCFDPCHUPTJInd.
Merizoc
Atlantica
Socialist Nordia
The Grene Knyght
Soviet Canuckistan
Osea 767
Collatis
Nova Anglicana
Lamaredia
Galendia
Tectonix
West Leas Oros
Eshan
Archism
Judah
Crylante
Roosevetania
Jutsa
The Sarian
Van Hool Islands
Dormill and Stiura
Hakons
Improved Werpland
Geilinor
Zurkerx
Paketo
Martune
The Imperial State
Vedastia
Ikania
Major-Tom
Western Pacific Territories
Natanians and Nosts
Costa Fierro
Hindia Belanda
Malgrave
North Dajao
Ainin
Negarakita
Junkilub
Skapolla
Coconut Isle
Greater Istanistan
Tumbra
Dytarma
Maklohi Vai
Nulla Bellum
Atlanticatia
Beta Test


Let me know if you're not listed, or listed incorrectly.
Last edited by The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nulla Bellum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1580
Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulla Bellum » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:I've already been keeping track of people's party membership. If people would like I can start recording people's senator names as well.

CPG-MDPAfCFDPCHUPTJInd.
Merizoc
Atlantica
Socialist Nordia
The Grene Knyght
Soviet Canuckistan
Osea 767
Collatis
Nova Anglicana
Lamaredia
Galendia
Tectonix
West Leas Oros
Eshan
Archism
Judah
Crylante
Roosevetania
Jutsa
The Sarian
Van Hool Islands
Dormill and Stiura
Hakons
Improved Werpland
Geilinor
Zurkerx
Paketo
Martune
The Imperial State
Vedastia
Ikania
Major-Tom
Western Pacific Territories
Natanians and Nosts
Costa Fierro
Hindia Belanda
Malgrave
North Dajao
Ainin
Negarakita
Junkilub
Skapolla
Coconut Isle
Greater Istanistan
Tumbra
Dytarma
Maklohi Vai
Nulla Bellum
Atlanticatia
Beta Test


Let me know if you're not listed, or listed incorrectly.


Thank you for this!
Replying to posts addressed to you is harrassment.

User avatar
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1853
Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 am

No problem, if I'm keeping track of it anyway may as well let others use it. :)

User avatar
Zurkerx
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 7452
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:30 am

Okay, voting has come to an end. To have the results confirmed, the admins will be looking at them. However, it has been decided that two members of the community, outside of the admin team will do a count as well (Collatis, House of Judah). I have also taken the precaution of taking pictures of all the Telegrams too. So, standby for the confirmation. After the confirmation, we will start the process and preparation for the elections.
A Golden Civic: the New Pragmatic Libertarian.
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
Begrudgingly for Biden 2020
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." Ronald Reagan

User avatar
Malgrave
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5639
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Malgrave » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:57 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:I've already been keeping track of people's party membership. If people would like I can start recording people's senator names as well.

CPG-MDPAfCFDPCHUPTJInd.
Merizoc
Atlantica
Socialist Nordia
The Grene Knyght
Soviet Canuckistan
Osea 767
Collatis
Nova Anglicana
Lamaredia
Galendia
Tectonix
West Leas Oros
Eshan
Archism
Judah
Crylante
Roosevetania
Jutsa
The Sarian
Van Hool Islands
Dormill and Stiura
Hakons
Improved Werpland
Geilinor
Zurkerx
Paketo
Martune
The Imperial State
Vedastia
Ikania
Major-Tom
Western Pacific Territories
Natanians and Nosts
Costa Fierro
Hindia Belanda
Malgrave
North Dajao
Ainin
Negarakita
Junkilub
Skapolla
Coconut Isle
Greater Istanistan
Tumbra
Dytarma
Maklohi Vai
Nulla Bellum
Atlanticatia
Beta Test


Let me know if you're not listed, or listed incorrectly.


time to form an independent government ;)
Frenequesta wrote:Well-dressed mad scientists with an edge.

United Kingdom of Malgrave (1910-)
Population: 331 million
GDP Per Capita: 42,000 dollars
Join the Leftist Cooperation and Security Pact

User avatar
Martune
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1221
Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Martune » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 am

Zurkerx wrote:Okay, voting has come to an end. To have the results confirmed, the admins will be looking at them. However, it has been decided that two members of the community, outside of the admin team will do a count as well (Collatis, House of Judah). I have also taken the precaution of taking pictures of all the Telegrams too. So, standby for the confirmation. After the confirmation, we will start the process and preparation for the elections.

I'm way to lost and I don't want to lose out on the election.
Admin of NS Parliament
Join: NS Parliament, a government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Who even knows what I am politically anymore

User avatar
Development and Justice Party
Civilian
 
Posts: 0
Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Development and Justice Party » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 am

Is this the NSG Senate again or are we still The Senate? I need to know cause the name comes up in those thread headers.

User avatar
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1853
Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 am

Martune wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:Okay, voting has come to an end. To have the results confirmed, the admins will be looking at them. However, it has been decided that two members of the community, outside of the admin team will do a count as well (Collatis, House of Judah). I have also taken the precaution of taking pictures of all the Telegrams too. So, standby for the confirmation. After the confirmation, we will start the process and preparation for the elections.

I'm way to lost and I don't want to lose out on the election.

If you have any specific questions I'm sure any of us would be happy to help. :)

As a general rundown, there are probably going to be four different votes before we have a functioning government. Everyone gets to be a member of the House of Representatives (lower house), so you're secure there. There's also an upper house, the House of Tribunes, which has seven seats. Anyone can run for one seat, everyone gets one vote and decides which seat's election they vote in (if you're running, you can still vote in a different district than that one). A Tribune character is different to your Representative one, and if you're elected to the House of Tribunes you still are also a member of the House of Representatives.

Then there's also a President, who is mostly ceremonial but with some reserve powers. After the President's elected he can invite someone to try to form a government, we'll probably have a confidence vote in the House of Representatives which will elect a Prime Minister and establish an executive government. Then we'll need to elect a speaker for the House of Representatives (so will the Tribunes I'd expect), after which, all the elections are finished and we can get down to business running the country until the next ones.

User avatar
Collatis
Minister
 
Posts: 2702
Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Collatis » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:00 am

Development and Justice Party wrote:Is this the NSG Senate again or are we still The Senate? I need to know cause the name comes up in those thread headers.

Technically we are “The Senate”, but our threads use both. Don’t worry about it, both are fine.

Social Democrat | Humanist | Progressive | Internationalist | New Dealer

PRO: social democracy, internationalism, progressivism, democracy,
republicanism, human rights, democratic socialism, Keynesianism,
EU, NATO, two-state solution, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders
CON: conservatism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, neoliberalism,
death penalty, Marxism-Leninism, laissez faire, reaction, fascism,
antisemitism, isolationism, Republican Party, Donald Trump


User avatar
Nulla Bellum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1580
Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulla Bellum » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:11 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
Martune wrote:I'm way to lost and I don't want to lose out on the election.

If you have any specific questions I'm sure any of us would be happy to help. :)

As a general rundown, there are probably going to be four different votes before we have a functioning government. Everyone gets to be a member of the House of Representatives (lower house), so you're secure there. There's also an upper house, the House of Tribunes, which has seven seats. Anyone can run for one seat, everyone gets one vote and decides which seat's election they vote in (if you're running, you can still vote in a different district than that one). A Tribune character is different to your Representative one, and if you're elected to the House of Tribunes you still are also a member of the House of Representatives.

Then there's also a President, who is mostly ceremonial but with some reserve powers. After the President's elected he can invite someone to try to form a government, we'll probably have a confidence vote in the House of Representatives which will elect a Prime Minister and establish an executive government. Then we'll need to elect a speaker for the House of Representatives (so will the Tribunes I'd expect), after which, all the elections are finished and we can get down to business running the country until the next ones.


Are Tribunes elected from the lower house members? do we make a second character to run for Tribune / retain lower house seat if elected as a Tribune?
Replying to posts addressed to you is harrassment.

User avatar
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1853
Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 am

Nulla Bellum wrote:
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:If you have any specific questions I'm sure any of us would be happy to help. :)

As a general rundown, there are probably going to be four different votes before we have a functioning government. Everyone gets to be a member of the House of Representatives (lower house), so you're secure there. There's also an upper house, the House of Tribunes, which has seven seats. Anyone can run for one seat, everyone gets one vote and decides which seat's election they vote in (if you're running, you can still vote in a different district than that one). A Tribune character is different to your Representative one, and if you're elected to the House of Tribunes you still are also a member of the House of Representatives.

Then there's also a President, who is mostly ceremonial but with some reserve powers. After the President's elected he can invite someone to try to form a government, we'll probably have a confidence vote in the House of Representatives which will elect a Prime Minister and establish an executive government. Then we'll need to elect a speaker for the House of Representatives (so will the Tribunes I'd expect), after which, all the elections are finished and we can get down to business running the country until the next ones.


Are Tribunes elected from the lower house members? do we make a second character to run for Tribune / retain lower house seat if elected as a Tribune?

Tribunes are not elected from IC lower house members, and if you're planning on running for the House of Tribunes you will need a second character to do it with (or if you want your current one to run for the tribunes, you'll need a second character to take their place in the lower house). If elected as a Tribune, you do retain your lower house seat.

User avatar
Martune
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1221
Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Martune » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
Martune wrote:I'm way to lost and I don't want to lose out on the election.

If you have any specific questions I'm sure any of us would be happy to help. :)

As a general rundown, there are probably going to be four different votes before we have a functioning government. Everyone gets to be a member of the House of Representatives (lower house), so you're secure there. There's also an upper house, the House of Tribunes, which has seven seats. Anyone can run for one seat, everyone gets one vote and decides which seat's election they vote in (if you're running, you can still vote in a different district than that one). A Tribune character is different to your Representative one, and if you're elected to the House of Tribunes you still are also a member of the House of Representatives.

Then there's also a President, who is mostly ceremonial but with some reserve powers. After the President's elected he can invite someone to try to form a government, we'll probably have a confidence vote in the House of Representatives which will elect a Prime Minister and establish an executive government. Then we'll need to elect a speaker for the House of Representatives (so will the Tribunes I'd expect), after which, all the elections are finished and we can get down to business running the country until the next ones.

I know the basics but I need to know where to file and how to file. I hate deciding locations on this variant. Which elections are coming up
Admin of NS Parliament
Join: NS Parliament, a government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Who even knows what I am politically anymore

User avatar
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1853
Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 am

Martune wrote:
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:If you have any specific questions I'm sure any of us would be happy to help. :)

As a general rundown, there are probably going to be four different votes before we have a functioning government. Everyone gets to be a member of the House of Representatives (lower house), so you're secure there. There's also an upper house, the House of Tribunes, which has seven seats. Anyone can run for one seat, everyone gets one vote and decides which seat's election they vote in (if you're running, you can still vote in a different district than that one). A Tribune character is different to your Representative one, and if you're elected to the House of Tribunes you still are also a member of the House of Representatives.

Then there's also a President, who is mostly ceremonial but with some reserve powers. After the President's elected he can invite someone to try to form a government, we'll probably have a confidence vote in the House of Representatives which will elect a Prime Minister and establish an executive government. Then we'll need to elect a speaker for the House of Representatives (so will the Tribunes I'd expect), after which, all the elections are finished and we can get down to business running the country until the next ones.

I know the basics but I need to know where to file and how to file. I hate deciding locations on this variant. Which elections are coming up

Don't worry, none have started yet and when they do, everyone will be informed. First will be the House of Tribunes and Presidential Elections. For President, people will announce candidacy, there will likely be some RPing, and there will be a vote somewhere. For Tribunes, there will be a thread for declaring candidacy in a seat (of which there are seven), there will again likely be some campaigning RPing, and then everyone gets to vote in one district.

User avatar
Nulla Bellum
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1580
Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulla Bellum » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:11 pm

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
Nulla Bellum wrote:
Are Tribunes elected from the lower house members? do we make a second character to run for Tribune / retain lower house seat if elected as a Tribune?

Tribunes are not elected from IC lower house members, and if you're planning on running for the House of Tribunes you will need a second character to do it with (or if you want your current one to run for the tribunes, you'll need a second character to take their place in the lower house). If elected as a Tribune, you do retain your lower house seat.


Cool. I'll run my main for Tribune and create 2nd character if my main becomes a Tribune
Replying to posts addressed to you is harrassment.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads