NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zemerniah
Civilian

Founded: Feb 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemerniah » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Such a diverse cultural space is very interesting, and should be held in high regard.

Most of our political parties come from one of our ten founding families.
IC - "Striving for peace"
OOC - "Striving for unoriginality"
Who uses NS stats anymore?
Recent News:"A large scale increase in nuclear power as raised concerns from environmentalists, meanwhile conservatives are worried about increased tax rates to keep the budget for the government. Elections are coming up and now is the time to vote!" OOC: Currently accepting any votes here: https://www.strawpoll.me/15791457.

United Layfet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Layfet » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Seems like that nation is due in time for a communist revolution.

In Layfet, where guns are outlawed, the black market price of simple 9mm pistol is somewhere between $Z75,000 and $Z112,000, not including ammo.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Whilst that sounds nepotistic, I’m sure that’s served you well.

AN: Dang, that’s really expensive. At least imo.
I’m glad to see that. Guns aren’t always good and shouldn’t always be allowed.

Versilians love staying fit and healthy. As a result, being obese, or even overweight is harshly frowned upon.

A common way to become friends with a Versilian is to join them in Paramilitary training sessions most people have with their local militia.
Last edited by The Islands of Versilia on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Kannadrickium
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannadrickium » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:29 pm

A common way to become friends with a Kannadricken is to talk about your favorite Anna Kendrick movie.

The place with the longest name in Kannadrickium is a small town called 40-miles-east-of-Cincinnati.
If you can guess why you win a special prize.
Clue: The town is not 40 miles east of Cincinnati.
ANNA KENDRICK IS THE MOST AWESOMEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE
Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=429543
Los Anna International Airport Storefront: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=430158

Novum Texas
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Texas » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:32 pm

It's an Movie Reference, I just know it.

The most common rifle is a variant of the Colt revolving rifle. This version fixes most of the problem the old 1860 rifle and has a fancy alloy bullet
Last edited by Novum Texas on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Stats are bad. NS Stats called me a bloody Left-Leaning College state because I allowed maternity leave
Puppet of that asshole known as United American Commomwealth
Current year: 3018
This nation does NOT represent my views.

Kannadrickium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kannadrickium » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Novum Texas wrote:It's an Movie Reference, I just know it.

The most common rifle is a variant of the Colt revolving rifle. This version fixes most of the problem the old 1860 rifle and has a fancy alloy bullet

Close, but no cigar.

/skip

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Have you considered investing in magazine-fed repeating mechanisms? Hear they’re quite revolutionary.

Exodian relations with the WA have always been strained whether they were part of the organization or not, but it’s grown even further to the point of territorial dispute- protestors are starting to demand they leave Exodian territory for neutral ground, and even some wealthier citizens have attempted to buy the land containing the WA offices in an effort to evict them, despite it being obviously illegal.
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:12 pm

I am disgusted by such aggression to the WA.
Those “wealthier” citizens should be ashamed of themselves!

Kremvh, the god of Versilia and ‘father’ of Her Majesty, seems to enjoy speaking in R'lyehian. R'lyehian is a fictional language created by H.P. Lovecraft and later fans of his works in our world. This is most likely a way to amuse himself and pay homage to a human he liked.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Neato! *sends Marty to replace R'lyehian works with duplicates in Klingon, just to see what happens*

The president's adopted son has been doing research lately in an attempt to find out more about his biological parents. An ancient tome he found seems to describe his mother as some sort of Shinto goddess, which to say the least implies some interesting things about his family tree.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

FreedLymonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby FreedLymonia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:37 am

Didn’t your nation have the shrine off the American coast? Check with her since she apparently is sapient.

Although there and never were fantasy creatures in Lymonia, the founders did debate the problem during their time since they had no idea about what did and didn’t exist. It was eventually decided that if they were sapient they would be treated practically speaking as human, if not they’d be investigated into. Although officially speaking none of these creatures exist, there is questions of sightings of them throughout Lymonia.
war theme My nation is a copyright strike waiting to happen | McCarthy did nothing wrong
The Armed Republic of Freed Lymonia
Das Freedan Republicarmden Lymonia
Pronunciation: Freed limb own yuh (like yuck without the ck)

Konata + Alex P. Keaton = me
Jonsons Rock wrote:In life they march boldly forwards to the unknown, holding on by their awe and trust of God.

Stanier wrote:The banner basically says "You f*** with us, and that'll be the last thing you'll ever do"

Lymonia summarized entirely by one video

2D waifus are better than 3D THOTS

No NS stats, policies, etc. ISTJ Muh QnA
Ich lebe in der Kansas City von Missouri Reich. Lob sei Gouverneur Eric Greitens! Möge der Bluejay für immer fliegen!

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:44 am

Certainly. Once these creatures have taken up residence in myths of the land, they will remain.

Rejistania requires every foreign business to use a name cromulent with rejistanian writing and phonotactics. Most companies vaguely rejistanify their names, others use translations.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

The Zravvisk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zravvisk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:48 am

We suppose that is a good way to make sure your language continues to live.

A favored tactic of ours when boarding or being boarding is venting the ship's atmosphere. Since our natural abilities allow us to survive in the vacuum of space, this tends to be quite effective. In addition to our plasma breath and tough hides, few marines want to get into a fight with us.
Zravvisk is the name of our species, but other people commonly call us "Space Dragons".
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and tolerable with condiments.
A day in the Armada isn't too different from a Star Trek episode if almost eveyone in the Federation was a dragon and spiritual.
Trying to collect every NS pokemon card. Almost 630 collected.

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:They believe the stars are full of wonder, when they are, in fact, GIANT, BURNING DEMON-SPHERES OF SIGHT-BLINDING, GRAVITY-CREATING, LIFE-ENDING, OVERALL DEADLINESS.

The S C P Foundation
Attaché

Founded: Jan 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The S C P Foundation » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:49 am

I'll admit those are some forward-thinking founders, or perhaps founders with too much time on their hands, I'm honestly not sure.

AN: That's quite a smart tactic, to be quite honest. I imagine it's rather unpleasant for the enemy, though.

The Foundation is currently actively involved in the rigging of American NCAA Division I football and BCS Bowl Games, in order to ensure that Mississippi River College Moccasins never reach a BCS Bowl Game and literally precipitate the apocalypse. (One of their coaches may or may not have engaged in some occult activities and accidentally made himself into a murderous, possessed SCP object that the Foundation now has to deal with, lest hell literally freeze over.)
Last edited by The S C P Foundation on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Mankind must not go back to hiding in fear. While the rest of mankind dwells in the light, we must stand in the darkness to fight it, contain it, and shield it from the eyes of the public, so that others may live in a sane and normal world."

The Foundation: a global, secret shadow government tasked with protecting humanity from the horrors of all things unknown and anomalous.
http://www.scp-wiki.net
The quote is not mine. That was written by the author known as FritzWillie/The Administrator on the SCP Foundation Wiki. MT/FanT with bits of PMT and FT. NS stats are not accurate.
Puppet of Avrellon, a.k.a. the Orion Posthuman Republic.
IC Name: "The Foundation."

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:50 am

Makes sense, and it’s quite cool.

AN: That’s... strange. But okay.

Snakes are considered sacred in Kremvhism. This is because during the proto-Versilians’ migration to Versilia (their Promised Land), Kremvh appeared to them in the form of a giant snake.

A valley in China is believed to be the site of this event.
Last edited by The Islands of Versilia on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Kannadrickium
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kannadrickium » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:54 am

I wonder what Up in the Air Airlines is in Rejistanian.

Up in the Air Airlines is the national carrier of Kannadrickium.
Up in the Air Airlines frequent-flyer program is the Natalie Keener Club.
Anyone who earns 10 million miles with Up in the Air Airline's frequent flier program gets to put his or her name on the side of an Up in the Air Airlines plane.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 am

Kannadrickium wrote:I wonder what Up in the Air Airlines is in Rejistanian.

Anyone who earns 10 million miles with Up in the Air Airline's frequent flier program gets to put his or her name on the side of an Up in the Air Airlines plane.

Ninja’d

//SKIP
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Viksberg
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Viksberg » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:19 am

Kannadrickium wrote:I wonder what Up in the Air Airlines is in Rejistanian.

(I'll do also Versilia, since they got skipped.)
Kannadrickium: That's quite cool, there isn't a program like that in Viksberg, though
Versilia: That's cool, I guess.

Graffitis are legal in Viksberg. People are allowed to do graffitis almost everywhere, except on apartments, government buildings etc. You can see graffitis almost everywhere in Viksberg, especially in large cities. Foreign graffiti artists travel to Viksberg frequently because of the legal graffitis.
Last edited by Viksberg on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats!
OOC information LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Zravvisk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zravvisk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:21 am

Your streets must be very interesting to walk down.

Our species have fairly amazing regenerative abilities. A zravvisk can return to full health from the brink of death and regrow lost limbs by just eating. This healing takes time and works best if the flesh of a creature is consumed, but allows us to forgo most medicine in favor of just feeding our wounded. This also allows zravvisk warriors that are in critical conduction to stabilize themselves by eating the enemy. This has also resulted in the strange situation where killing another sapient being is a crime but eating one isn't even taboo.
Zravvisk is the name of our species, but other people commonly call us "Space Dragons".
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and tolerable with condiments.
A day in the Armada isn't too different from a Star Trek episode if almost eveyone in the Federation was a dragon and spiritual.
Trying to collect every NS pokemon card. Almost 630 collected.

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:They believe the stars are full of wonder, when they are, in fact, GIANT, BURNING DEMON-SPHERES OF SIGHT-BLINDING, GRAVITY-CREATING, LIFE-ENDING, OVERALL DEADLINESS.

Hazukenia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hazukenia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:56 am

Cannibalism = renegeration?

Fine by you, fine by me.

Although anonymity is illegal in Hazukenia, it only applies to civilians and most of the military. The elite and classified divisions of the military and government are granted indefinite anonymity the moment they join them and can be used until death. Also, doxing is used by Hazuken in secret.
OOC: I want some free speech yet I also want order
Hail Hazuken! Long may his legacy live! Hazuken nioh! K'nea zijow tagallam ino!
This nation was based on several autocracies and a few democracies. NS stats are not representative of my actual views as they are the work of Jonoj!
Likes to laze around in Forum 7
The Hakuzens' Paper
JONOJ, THE DEVIL DIES IN ENDGAME

FreedLymonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby FreedLymonia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 am

Why? That seems just pointless. Like, who’s gonna care if bob the builder wants to remain a private guy, I mean hardly anyone knows him anyways.

One of the first modern psychological warfare campaigns made by the LDF was in WWII when after a battle would cut “LDF WAS HERE” into several of the corpses and would hide bombs on the bodies that would explode when they were moved. During battle, the front would be lined with a small portion of soldiers, but when they got tired or needed to sleep instead of both sides basically calling an unofficial ceasefire over night, more soldiers would come in and join the fight. We eventually got this to a three shift system and still use this tactic. Instead of just blowing bridges up we would wait till there were soldiers and or vehicles on the bridge if it would be feasible. This worked frankly too well in the war and caused high levels of recorded cases of PTSD in german soldiers on our front. One nazi officer noted that “I fear every step I take on this front worse than my times in battle. There is a certain comfort in battle that you know you are being attacked and you know where and when to expect it, however these Lymonians can strike you from anywhere at anytime. Frankly I’d rather be captured with my men that need to march further. Requesting me and my men can be moved to any other front, Hanz Grubberman.” The Officer was actually found with his men surrendering without fight. The were treated fair and feared us to the point of total capitulation to the LDF.
war theme My nation is a copyright strike waiting to happen | McCarthy did nothing wrong

Jonsons Rock wrote:In life they march boldly forwards to the unknown, holding on by their awe and trust of God.

Stanier wrote:The banner basically says "You f*** with us, and that'll be the last thing you'll ever do"

Ich lebe in der Kansas City von Missouri Reich. Lob sei Gouverneur Eric Greitens! Möge der Bluejay für immer fliegen!

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:57 am

Wow. That's brutal, but effective. The Nazis definitely deserve it.

In August 1945, Yatzatz, like the rest of the Allied forces, was preparing for Operation Downfall, the invasion of Japan. America's nuclear program was still being kept secret. Due to a miscommunication, on August 2, 1945, Yatzatzian forces landed at Shikotan Island, an island off the coast of Hokkaido. In a bloody battle that mirrored battle throughout the Pacific theater, after a bloody, bloody fight, the island was captured. Then, on August 5, using Shikotan as a platform, Yatzatzian forces landed at Nemuro. They established a beachhead, but couldn't break out. The battle continued, with heavy Yatzatzian casualties, until the news came on the 6th of the dropping of the atomic bomb. Shocked, both sides agreed to a ceasefire to see what would happen. The ceasefire lasted nine days, until, on the fifteenth, Japan's surrender was announced. Yatzatzian forces evacuated Nemuro, but didn't leave Shikotan until September 2, when peace was signed.
Last edited by Yatzatz on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

The Atlantean Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Atlantean Islands » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:14 am

Oh my.

We have the Italian heavy cruiser Gorizia as a floating museum ship. Royal Atlantean marines hijacked this warship when Italy fought for the Axis, and the ship was renamed HAtMS Darz, after an ancient Atlantean prince.
Uses certain NS stats.

Atlantis is an MT nation that is the third richest country in the world, behind only China and the United States. It is closer to the USA, UK, Italy and Spain (in that order, though Italy and Spain is probably tied) culturally than it is Greece. It is also a naval power.

And no, Atlantis is not underwater: It has a land area around the size of France.

Pros: Classical liberalism, democracy, the West, Brexit, Viktor Orban, free education, strong military
Cons: Authoritarianism, fascism, communism, multiculturalism, Islamism

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 am

Nice. Military museums are always fun to visit.

Discrimination based on species in frowned upon here. That's why our werewolves can walk around freely in their true forms.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Nationales Deutsches Reich
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationales Deutsches Reich » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30 am

Yeesh, seems that discrimination in your country might not seem too bad.

The SS or Schutzstaffel is the elite special forces branch of the German Army instead of the atrocious Nazi paramilitary organization we know in real life. Formed in 1935, it is notable for its revolutionary special forces doctrine for its time as well as its special operations inside Germany and abroad. While it is small in numbers (around 45,000 compared to the 800,000 in real-life), it is still a feared force to be reckoned with and is known for its aesthetics just like our real-life SS.
Last edited by Nationales Deutsches Reich on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
German Reich
Out of Character | Overview | President | Set in: 1934

Born out of the ruins of the decadent Weimar Republic, a Third Reich was proclaimed in Germany in 1934 after an election that saw the rise of the DNVP into power. With Germany in shatters, the fervent nationalist Erhard Falkenrath has led the deprived nation into a new era of prosperity and national salvation.

Deutsche Allgemeine Zeitung: Talks begin about inviting former Bavarian king to lead an autonomous Bavarian monarchy within the republican Reich - Reich-President Erhard disgusted by the obscene display of cross-dressing and drug abuse in Berlin's cabaret clubs.

Zufällige Scheiße (OOC): Should I return to develop this nation again? Yes or no?

FreedLymonia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby FreedLymonia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:50 am

Wut? But werewolves are humans that go into the wolf type form under a full moon.

Operation Paladin is an ongoing operation started in the 30s after the decolonization of several African areas which were handed to Lymonia after WW1 basically as a bribe to stay with the entente. Operation Paladin sees the LDF secure friendly territory that consent to it. This has spread to more countries overtime and is focused on countries that are either can’t sufficiently defend themselves or are in a dangerous position. So far this has given Lymonians strategic access all over the world and with positive relations with otherwise uncaring, sometimes even hostile regimes to the west. This also has accessed locations for Lymonian businesses that give them practical monopolies to them allowing for special trade relations as well.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives