NATION

PASSWORD

[The Senate] Humanist Union

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:59 am

We encourage all those doing the polling to vote HU favourably. We will look on favourably to parties that place us highly. Every vote counts, remember!

Lykens
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:00 am

Coconut Isle wrote:We encourage all those doing the polling to vote HU favourably. We will look on favourably to parties that place us highly. Every vote counts, remember!

Don't you bias my polls electrum, I will push poll you to oblivion.
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Lykens wrote:
Coconut Isle wrote:We encourage all those doing the polling to vote HU favourably. We will look on favourably to parties that place us highly. Every vote counts, remember!

But how can anyone hate us through push polls?!
Last edited by Coconut Isle on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Lykens wrote:

Speaking of which, will you agree to release your tax returns poll figures?
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Lykens
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Tectonix wrote:
Lykens wrote:

Speaking of which, will you agree to release your tax returns poll figures?

End of the week.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Balochistan and New York » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:48 am

I want to join
Call me Baloch/York for short

Member of the Humanist Union

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:54 am

Balochistan and New York wrote:I want to join

Welcome to the party!

Humanist Union Party
Civilian

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Humanist Union Party » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:55 am

Balochistan and New York wrote:I want to join

You should make your Senator in the Yellow Pages, and tell us their name :P

Humanist Union Party
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Humanist Union Party » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Our platform has been published

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Balochistan and New York » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 pm

The Senator's name is Vs.Vishal, once I have time I will make a senator :)
Last edited by Balochistan and New York on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Balochistan and New York » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Should we try to push for a Creative Industry Bill? To fund the industry of sports music and etc to improve their facilities and such

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:38 am

Balochistan and New York wrote:Should we try to push for a Creative Industry Bill? To fund the industry of sports music and etc to improve their facilities and such

We totally should. I'll telegram Normandy and see what we can do!

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Balochistan and New York » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 am

Coconut Isle wrote:
Balochistan and New York wrote:Should we try to push for a Creative Industry Bill? To fund the industry of sports music and etc to improve their facilities and such

We totally should. I'll telegram Normandy and see what we can do!

Yay thanks, hope I can contribute as much as I can to this party :)

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Civil Rights Bill

Postby Balochistan and New York » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:44 pm

Recognising that all Fernaoan citizens should have the same rights

Realizing that we don't have a law to showcase the equal rights of each citizen

Hereby

-Gives equal status under law to all in Fernao
-There shall be no discrimination of Race, religion or colour and anyone who does will be punished to jail sentence of upto 15 years
-There shall also be no offensive symbols that potray hate towards other races or religions[/blocktext]

This is my proposal so far..... any tips it is still a work-in-progress though

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Balochistan and New York wrote:Recognising that all Fernaoan citizens should have the same rights

Hereby

-There shall be no discrimination of Race, religion or colour and anyone who does will be punished to jail sentence of upto 15 years
-There shall also be no offensive symbols that potray hate towards other races or religions[/blocktext]

I think it needs a lot more work. Also this is more GA style resolution instead of an actual law. I suggest you go to the bill depository to see what bills look like. Also I think rights are covered in the Constitution thats being debated on in the chamber, so go check that out

Humanist Union Party
Civilian

Ex-Nation

Postby Humanist Union Party » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:38 am

FreYhill
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby FreYhill » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:41 am

Humanist Union Party wrote:

DED
President Emmanuel Carvallo
1st President of the Senate of Fernão (2017-2017)
Chief Whip of the Civic Union

Patricio Magrina
Nominee for Secretary of Health and Labour
Member of the Events Committee

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.51

Liberal Conservative Roman Catholic.
Member of the Liberal National Party of Queensland (LNP)
Supporter of the Coalition (Australia).

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Balochistan and New York » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Humanist Union Party wrote:

Noice lol

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Balochistan and New York » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Coconut Isle wrote:
Balochistan and New York wrote:Recognising that all Fernaoan citizens should have the same rights

Hereby

I think it needs a lot more work. Also this is more GA style resolution instead of an actual law. I suggest you go to the bill depository to see what bills look like. Also I think rights are covered in the Constitution thats being debated on in the chamber, so go check that out

Okay then.... also I dont think rights are covered under that constituition

Lykens
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Balochistan and New York wrote:
Coconut Isle wrote:

Okay then.... also I dont think rights are covered under that constituition

The Constitution written by Atlantica does.

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Balochistan and New York » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:12 pm

The New World Oceania wrote:Will take revisions and sponsors so we can stop operating on a goddamn skeleton government.

A Constitution, For Fernão's Sake
Author: Mario Cerce (RGA)
Sponsors: L. A. Galhimar (LO) | Merizoc (LET) |
An act establishing the government, resembling a constitution.

Article I: Principles
a. The parliament has supreme sovereignty.
b. The name of the state is the Republic of Fernão.
c. This constitution may be amended by a simple majority.
c. Every person has the freedom of speech, press, assembly and to be equally protected by the laws.
d. The parliament shall make laws.
e. The President shall execute laws.
f. The judiciary shall interpret laws and resolve disputes.
g. Any person born in Fernão or with parents of Fernãoese citizenship shall be a citizen of Fernão. The parliament may set guidelines for naturalization.

Article II: The Parliament
a. The parliament shall consist of the Senate, which shall pass laws.
b. With four sponsors and an author a bill may be considered.
c. The Senate shall have the power to set its own rules and select its own officers.
d. The Senate shall be the judge of the elections of its members.
d. Members of the Cabinet shall be members of the Senate.
e. The Senate shall exclusively have the power to declare war, to set the law, to ratify treaties, to approve the budget and to confirm judicial appointments.

Article III: The Executive
a. The President of Fernão shall serve as head of government and head of state. The President shall hold no other office in the government.
b. A Vice President, a member of the Cabinet, shall assist the President and serve as Acting President in their absence and President in their removal. The Vice President shall be President of the Senate.
c. The President shall be elected together in a nationwide election with universal suffrage for those over the age of 18.
d. The President shall appoint a Cabinet of members of the Senate to manage executive agencies and advise the President on policy.
e. The President shall serve as commander-in-chief, chief executive and chief diplomat. The President shall have the exclusive power to submit a budget and to appoint judges.
f. The President may return passed bills to the Senate. If passed again, the bills shall become law.
g. The President may be impeached by 3/5 the Senate, tried by the Senate, removed from office for misconduct or incompetence by 2/3 the Senate. The Cabinet may declare the President temporarily unfit, subject to a decision by the Senate.

Article IV: The Judiciary
a. A Supreme Court of Fernão shall resolve disputes between states, disputes within the parliament, disputes between branches of the federal government, and interpret laws.
b. The parliament may ordain lower courts as it sees fit.

Article V: The States
a. The borders of states shall be drawn by a commission appointed by the President according to natural geographical features, historical boundaries, and accommodating populations.
b. Senators shall be elected in each month on a statewide party-list ticket.
c. Each state shall have a unicameral Assembly, responsible for levying state taxes, establishing and managing hospitals, prisons and schools, and regulating commerce within their jurisdictions, marriage, property and civil rights.
d. Each state shall elect an executive Governor and Deputy Governor, who shall execute the laws of the state and serve for two months.
e. Assembly members shall be elected in constituencies drawn by a commission appointed by the Governor monthly.
f. States shall have the power to establish municipalities and local governments.

This one too.

Resolution Establishing Senate Rules
Sponsors: Daniel Johnson (RGA) | Bob Shaw (NPP)
A resolution establishing standing rules for the Senate of Fernão.

Rule I: The President
a. In the absence of a constitutional presiding officer, the Senate shall choose a President pro Tempore, who shall hold the office at the pleasure of the Senate.
b. The President of the Senate shall have the right to temporarily appoint a Senator to the chair for a period not exceeding one week.
c. The President shall preserve order and decorum and may direct the Sergeant-at-Arms to assist to this end.
d. The President shall decide all questions of order, subject to appeal by a Senator.
e. The President shall employ all officers and employees of the Senate and the Senate Complex. The President shall have control over the Senate Complex and may issue orders pursuant to this clause.
f. The President shall draft special rules for the Senate's consideration.

Rule II: Weekend Business
a. Beginning every weekend, the President shall lay before the Senate correspondence from other government entities, reports of ad-hoc committees, and petitions and memorials. Then the President shall open voting on:
    i) bills scheduled under a special rule,
    ii) motions to suspend the rules and pass,
    iii) bills on which the Senate has moved to proceed,
    iv) pending amendments to the Constitution,
    v) unanimous consent requests, and
    vi) resolutions over, under the rule.
b. During weekend business, no debate shall be in order.
c. Voting shall last 48 hours. At the conclusion of weekend business, the President shall announce the results of the votes.

Rule III: Motions
a. When a question is being debated, only the following secondary motions may be entertained, with seconds number a majority the votes cast (excluding abstentions) on the week's special rule, with the following precedence:
    i) lay on or take from the table,

ii) to postpone,

iii) to refer, and

iv) to amend.
b. The privileged motions and questions of order, privilege, and inquiry shall be in order except during Weekend Business.
c. A motion to proceed on a bill shall be passed immediately with seconds numbering 3/5 the votes cast, excluding abstentions, on the week's special rule. When the motion to proceed is entered, debate shall begin. When the motion to proceed passes, debate shall last until the opening of the next period of weekend business, and the bill on which the Senate has moved to proceed may pass with a simple majority.
d. A motion to suspend the rules and pass a bill shall be in order in the two days preceding the opening of weekend business and shall require a vote of 2/3 to pass.
e. Unanimous consent requests are in order on the final day of each week, and without objection during the period of weekend business may be immediately adopted.
f. Amendments shall receive 24 hours of debate and 24 hours of voting, and must be proposed at least 48 hours before the beginning of weekend business. Amendments to special rule bills must adhere to the restrictions of the respective special rule. Amendments to bills on which it has been moved to proceed are in order from the passage of motion to proceed until the final vote on the measure. Amendments to bills for which it has been moved to suspend the rules and pass must be adopted by unanimous consent, and shall be considered during weekend business.
g. The President of the Senate shall draft a special rule each week, to be voted on during the weekend business preceding the week to which they apply, laying out the schedule for the week and the rules for amendments.
h. No bill shall be considered without four sponsors and authors, combined.
i. All other motions shall be ruled on by the President, subject to an appeal seconded by five members, put to vote during weekend business.

Rule IV: Decorum
a. Remarks directed specifically at another Senator which question that Senator's integrity, honesty, or character are not in order.
b. A Senator will be requested to withdraw offensive remarks, allegations, or accusations of impropriety directed toward another Senator.
c. The use of offensive, provocative or threatening language is strictly forbidden.
d. Personal attacks, insults, and obscenities are not in order.

Effective
a. No rule shall be construed to prohibit anything that, in the OOC opinion of the Admins, is common fucking sense.
b. These rules shall remain effective until amendment or repeal.

Nope nothin about rights

FreYhill
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby FreYhill » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Balochistan and New York wrote:
The New World Oceania wrote:Will take revisions and sponsors so we can stop operating on a goddamn skeleton government.

A Constitution, For Fernão's Sake
Sponsors: L. A. Galhimar (LO) | Merizoc (LET) |
An act establishing the government, resembling a constitution.

Article I: Principles
a. The parliament has supreme sovereignty.
b. The name of the state is the Republic of Fernão.
c. This constitution may be amended by a simple majority.
c. Every person has the freedom of speech, press, assembly and to be equally protected by the laws.
d. The parliament shall make laws.
e. The President shall execute laws.
f. The judiciary shall interpret laws and resolve disputes.
g. Any person born in Fernão or with parents of Fernãoese citizenship shall be a citizen of Fernão. The parliament may set guidelines for naturalization.

Article II: The Parliament
a. The parliament shall consist of the Senate, which shall pass laws.
b. With four sponsors and an author a bill may be considered.
c. The Senate shall have the power to set its own rules and select its own officers.
d. The Senate shall be the judge of the elections of its members.
d. Members of the Cabinet shall be members of the Senate.
e. The Senate shall exclusively have the power to declare war, to set the law, to ratify treaties, to approve the budget and to confirm judicial appointments.

Article III: The Executive
a. The President of Fernão shall serve as head of government and head of state. The President shall hold no other office in the government.
b. A Vice President, a member of the Cabinet, shall assist the President and serve as Acting President in their absence and President in their removal. The Vice President shall be President of the Senate.
c. The President shall be elected together in a nationwide election with universal suffrage for those over the age of 18.
d. The President shall appoint a Cabinet of members of the Senate to manage executive agencies and advise the President on policy.
e. The President shall serve as commander-in-chief, chief executive and chief diplomat. The President shall have the exclusive power to submit a budget and to appoint judges.
f. The President may return passed bills to the Senate. If passed again, the bills shall become law.
g. The President may be impeached by 3/5 the Senate, tried by the Senate, removed from office for misconduct or incompetence by 2/3 the Senate. The Cabinet may declare the President temporarily unfit, subject to a decision by the Senate.

Article IV: The Judiciary
a. A Supreme Court of Fernão shall resolve disputes between states, disputes within the parliament, disputes between branches of the federal government, and interpret laws.
b. The parliament may ordain lower courts as it sees fit.

Article V: The States
a. The borders of states shall be drawn by a commission appointed by the President according to natural geographical features, historical boundaries, and accommodating populations.
b. Senators shall be elected in each month on a statewide party-list ticket.
c. Each state shall have a unicameral Assembly, responsible for levying state taxes, establishing and managing hospitals, prisons and schools, and regulating commerce within their jurisdictions, marriage, property and civil rights.
d. Each state shall elect an executive Governor and Deputy Governor, who shall execute the laws of the state and serve for two months.
e. Assembly members shall be elected in constituencies drawn by a commission appointed by the Governor monthly.
f. States shall have the power to establish municipalities and local governments.

This one too.

Resolution Establishing Senate Rules
Sponsors: Daniel Johnson (RGA) | Bob Shaw (NPP)
A resolution establishing standing rules for the Senate of Fernão.

Rule I: The President
a. In the absence of a constitutional presiding officer, the Senate shall choose a President pro Tempore, who shall hold the office at the pleasure of the Senate.
b. The President of the Senate shall have the right to temporarily appoint a Senator to the chair for a period not exceeding one week.
c. The President shall preserve order and decorum and may direct the Sergeant-at-Arms to assist to this end.
d. The President shall decide all questions of order, subject to appeal by a Senator.
e. The President shall employ all officers and employees of the Senate and the Senate Complex. The President shall have control over the Senate Complex and may issue orders pursuant to this clause.
f. The President shall draft special rules for the Senate's consideration.

Rule II: Weekend Business
a. Beginning every weekend, the President shall lay before the Senate correspondence from other government entities, reports of ad-hoc committees, and petitions and memorials. Then the President shall open voting on:
    i) bills scheduled under a special rule,
    ii) motions to suspend the rules and pass,
    iii) bills on which the Senate has moved to proceed,
    iv) pending amendments to the Constitution,
    v) unanimous consent requests, and
    vi) resolutions over, under the rule.
b. During weekend business, no debate shall be in order.
c. Voting shall last 48 hours. At the conclusion of weekend business, the President shall announce the results of the votes.

Rule III: Motions
a. When a question is being debated, only the following secondary motions may be entertained, with seconds number a majority the votes cast (excluding abstentions) on the week's special rule, with the following precedence:
    i) lay on or take from the table,

ii) to postpone,

iii) to refer, and

iv) to amend.
b. The privileged motions and questions of order, privilege, and inquiry shall be in order except during Weekend Business.
c. A motion to proceed on a bill shall be passed immediately with seconds numbering 3/5 the votes cast, excluding abstentions, on the week's special rule. When the motion to proceed is entered, debate shall begin. When the motion to proceed passes, debate shall last until the opening of the next period of weekend business, and the bill on which the Senate has moved to proceed may pass with a simple majority.
d. A motion to suspend the rules and pass a bill shall be in order in the two days preceding the opening of weekend business and shall require a vote of 2/3 to pass.
e. Unanimous consent requests are in order on the final day of each week, and without objection during the period of weekend business may be immediately adopted.
f. Amendments shall receive 24 hours of debate and 24 hours of voting, and must be proposed at least 48 hours before the beginning of weekend business. Amendments to special rule bills must adhere to the restrictions of the respective special rule. Amendments to bills on which it has been moved to proceed are in order from the passage of motion to proceed until the final vote on the measure. Amendments to bills for which it has been moved to suspend the rules and pass must be adopted by unanimous consent, and shall be considered during weekend business.
g. The President of the Senate shall draft a special rule each week, to be voted on during the weekend business preceding the week to which they apply, laying out the schedule for the week and the rules for amendments.
h. No bill shall be considered without four sponsors and authors, combined.
i. All other motions shall be ruled on by the President, subject to an appeal seconded by five members, put to vote during weekend business.

Rule IV: Decorum
a. Remarks directed specifically at another Senator which question that Senator's integrity, honesty, or character are not in order.
b. A Senator will be requested to withdraw offensive remarks, allegations, or accusations of impropriety directed toward another Senator.
c. The use of offensive, provocative or threatening language is strictly forbidden.
d. Personal attacks, insults, and obscenities are not in order.

Effective
a. No rule shall be construed to prohibit anything that, in the OOC opinion of the Admins, is common fucking sense.
b. These rules shall remain effective until amendment or repeal.

Nope nothin about rights

that is a sorry attempt of a constitution.
President Emmanuel Carvallo
1st President of the Senate of Fernão (2017-2017)
Chief Whip of the Civic Union

Patricio Magrina
Nominee for Secretary of Health and Labour
Member of the Events Committee

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.51

Liberal Conservative Roman Catholic.
Member of the Liberal National Party of Queensland (LNP)
Supporter of the Coalition (Australia).

Socinomist
Civilian

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Socinomist » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:04 am

How is everyone?

Balochistan and New York
Ambassador

Ex-Nation