NATION

PASSWORD

[NSGS] Social Liberal Party

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:46 pm

The Sarian wrote:A plane flies into the SLP building, killing everyone inside.

The plane fuel melts the metal beams.

The plane flew into a decoy building. The real HQ is at an undisclosed location.

OOC: I can do this BS all day.
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Party activists turn up to the HQ to deliver leaflets, only to realise they have no idea where the HQ is. The SLP subsequently have no ground game, and are subjected to electoral oblivion.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Belmaria wrote:
The Sarian wrote:A plane flies into the SLP building, killing everyone inside.

The plane fuel melts the metal beams.

The plane flew into a decoy building. The real HQ is at an undisclosed location.

OOC: I can do this BS all day.

You could have just not acknowledged the plane, but ok.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:03 pm

The Sarian wrote:Party activists turn up to the HQ to deliver leaflets, only to realise they have no idea where the HQ is. The SLP subsequently have no ground game, and are subjected to electoral oblivion.

Party activists organize at branch offices throughout the nation, so as to keep their campaigns local. They do not show up at the HQ for any reason.

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:52 pm

I can probably design us a better logo after a bit of research and a week of procrastination.
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:53 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:I can probably design us a better logo after a bit of research and a week of procrastination.

Sounds like me. :lol2:
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:14 pm

I'm horrible at graphic design, so my last two logos have both been referenced from Google Images: Labelled for Reuse. I have no shame.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Belmaria wrote:I'm horrible at graphic design, so my last two logos have both been referenced from Google Images: Labelled for Reuse. I have no shame.

Personally, I really liked the ALDE logo.
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Eol Sha wrote:
Belmaria wrote:I'm horrible at graphic design, so my last two logos have both been referenced from Google Images: Labelled for Reuse. I have no shame.

Personally, I really liked the ALDE logo.

That was one of the logos I sourced from Google.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:41 pm

As comm director I've started to put together the party's statements about passed and pending legislation here.

Victoriala
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Victoriala » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:55 pm

Interesting.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF VICTORIALA
Fuck discourse, Memes are the way forward (its inevitable and you know it)
FACTBOOK | LA SOCIÉTÉ | NATIONS | ILLUMINATOR | +
Fucking little island person. 陰 and 陽 but mostly 陰. I draw and do designs.
My NS activity is 90% shitposts. Singy and I fuck each other occasionally.
Equity is True Equality. Pro-Aufklärung, Anti-Gegenaufklärung. [economic: -4.0 social: -4.21]

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:36 pm

We had the same logo idea.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:20 pm

Last edited by Belmaria on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nariterrr
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:52 pm

New Werpland wrote:We had the same logo idea.

(Image)

I like this.
Honestly who knows what about anything anymore.

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:16 pm

Nariterrr wrote:
New Werpland wrote:We had the same logo idea.

(Image)

I like this.

Seems like you're in the minority unfortunately since no'one wanted to join it. :(

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:31 pm

New Werpland wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:I like this.

Seems like you're in the minority unfortunately since no'one wanted to join it. :(

You should join our party. We have cookies and milk.

Monthuhasse
Secretary

Founded: Apr 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monthuhasse » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:24 am

Sign me up. What is a Legislative Organizer?
Last edited by Monthuhasse on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Psalm 32:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Pope Francis - Where there is no work, there is no dignity.

Me: Devout Catholic, center-left, Democrat, anti-Trump, pro-Clinton

Jesus teaches us to accept and love those who have suffered, thus I find the anti-refugee movement to be anti-Christian #RefugeesWelcome

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:27 am

Monthuhasse wrote:Sign me up. What is a Legislative Organizer?

Great, feel free to participate! The Legislative Organizer is our Whip, interested?

Monthuhasse
Secretary

Founded: Apr 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monthuhasse » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:33 am

Nariterrr wrote:
Monthuhasse wrote:Sign me up. What is a Legislative Organizer?

Great, feel free to participate! The Legislative Organizer is our Whip, interested?

Sure, I guess.
Psalm 32:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Pope Francis - Where there is no work, there is no dignity.

Me: Devout Catholic, center-left, Democrat, anti-Trump, pro-Clinton

Jesus teaches us to accept and love those who have suffered, thus I find the anti-refugee movement to be anti-Christian #RefugeesWelcome

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:33 am

An Act Addressing Chinese Agression in the South China Sea
| Author: The Hon. Ahmed Corbor (SLP) |
| Sponsors: |

An Act to address and attempt to resolve the continued aggression in the South China Sea .

Preamble

RECOGNIZING the contiued conflict in the South China sea

RECOGNIZING the importance to resolving the conflict

THE PARLIAMENT OF ELIZIA RESOLVES to enact the following act into law.

§1 - Regarding Chinese Claims to the South China Sea

1. China has no legitimate historical or political claims to the South China Sea, and
    2. Artificial islands built by the Chinese Government are in violation of international law and are not legitimate, and
    3. Recognizes that the Convention on the Law of the Sea Tribunal explicitly ruled against China's claim.
    4. Recognizes that the convention on the law of the sea delegates two hundred nautical miles as a countries economic area, and that the majority of the South China sea falls outside that jurisdiction.

§2 - Natural Resources in the South Chinese Sea

1. Recognises that five trillion dollars of shippings goes through the South China Sea, as will as natural deposits of oil and fishing, and that the majority of these resources do not belong to China and are the shared right of countries in the South China Sea.

§3 - Artificial Islands

1. Recognizing that the Chinese Military has repeatedly used the South China Sea of military purposes, one of these exercises entail the building of artificial islands in the South China Sea.
    2. As artificial islands are not protected by International Law of the Sea and thus are not legitimate.

§4 - Regarding the Phillipines and Elizia

1. Elizia acknowledges that the Chinese Government has violated the rightful sovereignty of the Philipines and of Elizia by:
    a. interfering with fishing and petroleum exploration
    b. construction of illegal artificial islands
    c. failing to prevent Chinese fishermen from fishing the sovereign waters of the Philippines and Elizia

§5 - Regarding the Applicability of the Convention on the Law of the Sea
    1. China is a signatory of the Convention on the Law of the Sea, thus, international arbitration is binding to both parties,
    2. The refusal of the Chinese government to acknowledge this rightful ruling is a violation of international law and is extremely unethical.
    3. Elizia shall obey the ruling made by the Tribunal.

§6 - The Elizian Response

1. Elizia strongly condemns the actions of the Peoples Republic of China in the South China Sea, and deems it illegal and in violation of international law.
    2. The Elizian Defense Forces are authorized to patrol the rightful territorial waters of Elizia, in respects to international law.
    3. The Elizian Government shall negotiate with the Chinese Government on the issue of the South China Sea, and shall present the Elizian opinion.

Sponsors?

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:53 am

Proposed Constitution.

Constitution of the Social Liberal Party

Preamble

We, the members of the Social Liberal Party, in order to preserve order in our Party, ratify this Constitution, in the name of liberalism, democracy, and ethnic unity.

§1 - Membership in the Social Liberal Party

1. To join the Social Liberal Party, a member must file an application to join the NSG Senate, and state clearly on the application.
    2. Said applicant shall notify the Party Chairman of his or her entry into the Party by saying so on the thread.
    3. No person shall be bound to the Social Liberal Party, and may leave at any time they please.

§2 - The Party Leader

1. The Party Leader shall be the official representative of the party before Parliament, he shall be elected every two months by members of the party. For the purposes of administration, Nariterrr shall serve as Party Leader until two months after the ratification of this Constitution.
    2. The Party leader shall select the Chairman of the Party, and he shall nominate members of the party to the positions of Communications Director, Legislative Organizer and Campaign Strategist.
    3. The Party Leader shall advise and consent to whips issued by the Legislative Organizer.
    4. The Party Leader shall convene and dissolve meetings of the Party, however such meetings shall be presided over by the Chairman of the party on the Party Leaders notice.
    5. The Party Leader shall be the official party candidate in all elections for head of state or government offices, the assent to either shall be decided by the Party Leader himself.
    6. In the event the office of Party Leader is vacant, the Communications Director shall become interim-Party Leader.

§3 - The Party Chairman

1. The Party Chairman shall be appointed by the Party Leader on the advise of party members, he shall serve with the Party Leader for a full term, unless other reasons provide otherwise.
    2. The Party Chairman shall preside over party administration, as well as supervising the officers who hold the offices of Communications Director, Legislative Organizer and Campaign Strategist.
    3. Upon nomination by the Party Leader, the Party Chairman shall appoint party members to the offices of Communications Director, Legislative Organizer and Campaign Strategist. If the Party Chairman does not like the nominations made, he may ask the Party Leader for new nominations to offices.
    4. The Party Chairman shall chair all party meetings, and set rules for proceedings to such meetings.
    5. The Party Chairman shall approve whips given out by the Legislative Organizer, and other actions by the Campaign Strategist and the Communications Director.
    6. In the event that the office of Party Chairman is vacant, the Party Leader shall appoint a interim-Chairman.

§4 - Communications Director

1. The Communications Director shall be appointed by the Party Chairman on the nomination of the Party Leader.
    2. The Communications Director shall represent the Party on matters of policy and he shall be answerable to the Party Chairman for official business and the Party Leader for Party Platform business.

§5 - Campaign Strategist
    1. The Campaign Strategist shall be appointed by the Party Chairman on the nomination of the Party Leader.
    2. The Campaign Strategist shall advise the Party Leader and the Party Chairman on elections, as well as promote the elections of Party members to offices in government.

§6 - Whips and the Legislative Organizer

1. Whips shall be issued by the Legislative Organizer and shall require the consent of both the Party Chairman and Party Leader to be issued.
    2. A one line whip is a recommended vote which shall be issued if the bill or act in question has a minor effect on the Party.
    3. A two line whip requires that a person either vote Aye/Nay (depending on the instructions of the Legislative Organizer) or Abstain. Voting against the wishes of the Legislative Organizer is against party rules. Two line whips are reserved for bills with strong implications to the party.
    4. A three line whip requires that all persons vote where the Legislative Organizer indicates. Voting against the wishes of the Legislative Organizer or abstaining is against party rules, unless a person is unable to vote, in that case it shall be excused.
    5. The Legislative Organizer shall be appointed by the Party Chairman on the nomination of the Party Leader.

§7 - Restrictions and Consequences
    1. No person in party government may hold more than one office
    2. No person in government may act outside of their authority
    3. In the event a person violates party rules, he or she may be removed from the party with a two-thirds majority vote. Such votes cannot be whiped and are conscious votes. If a player is removed, he can never apply to come back to the party for another two months.
    4. In the event that a party official violates the rules or misuses his or her office, he or she will be impeached by a two-thirds majority vote. In the event that an official is impeached, he or she will be removed from the party and can never rejoin.

§8 - Applicability of this Constitution
    1. The Constitution shall be in force and shall stay so until it is amended or repealed
    2. To amend or repeal the Constitution, a vote of two-thirds of the party members shall be required to attain an amendment. Any person may submit an amendment.
Last edited by Nariterrr on Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:58 am

Nariterrr wrote:Proposed Constitution.

Preamble

We, the members of the Social Liberal Party, in order to preserve order in our Party, ratify this Constitution, in the name of liberalism, democracy, and ethnic unity.

1. To join the Social Liberal Party, a member must file an application to join the NSG Senate, and state clearly on the application.
    2. Said applicant shall notify the Party Chairman of his or her entry into the Party by saying so on the thread.
    3. No person shall be bound to the Social Liberal Party, and may leave at any time they please.

§2 - The Party Leader

1. The Party Leader shall be the official representative of the party before Parliament, he shall be elected every two months by members of the party. For the purposes of administration, Nariterrr shall serve as Party Leader until two months after the ratification of this Constitution.
    2. The Party leader shall select the Chairman of the Party, and he shall nominate members of the party to the positions of Communications Director, Legislative Organizer and Campaign Strategist.
    3. The Party Leader shall advise and consent to whips issued by the Legislative Organizer.
    4. The Party Leader shall convene and dissolve meetings of the Party, however such meetings shall be presided over by the Chairman of the party on the Party Leaders notice.
    5. The Party Leader shall be the official party candidate in all elections for head of state or government offices, the assent to either shall be decided by the Party Leader himself.
    6. In the event the office of Party Leader is vacant, the Communications Director shall become interim-Party Leader.

§3 - The Party Chairman

1. The Party Chairman shall be appointed by the Party Leader on the advise of party members, he shall serve with the Party Leader for a full term, unless other reasons provide otherwise.
    2. The Party Chairman shall preside over party administration, as well as supervising the officers who hold the offices of Communications Director, Legislative Organizer and Campaign Strategist.
    3. Upon nomination by the Party Leader, the Party Chairman shall appoint party members to the offices of Communications Director, Legislative Organizer and Campaign Strategist. If the Party Chairman does not like the nominations made, he may ask the Party Leader for new nominations to offices.
    4. The Party Chairman shall chair all party meetings, and set rules for proceedings to such meetings.
    5. The Party Chairman shall approve whips given out by the Legislative Organizer, and other actions by the Campaign Strategist and the Communications Director.
    6. In the event that the office of Party Chairman is vacant, the Party Leader shall appoint a interim-Chairman.

1. The Communications Director shall be appointed by the Party Chairman on the nomination of the Party Leader.
    2. The Communications Director shall represent the Party on matters of policy and he shall be answerable to the Party Chairman for official business and the Party Leader for Party Platform business.

§5 - Campaign Strategist
    1. The Campaign Strategist shall be appointed by the Party Chairman on the nomination of the Party Leader.
    2. The Campaign Strategist shall advise the Party Leader and the Party Chairman on elections, as well as promote the elections of Party members to offices in government.

1. Whips shall be issued by the Legislative Organizer and shall require the consent of both the Party Chairman and Party Leader to be issued.
    2. A one line whip is a recommended vote which shall be issued if the bill or act in question has a minor effect on the Party.
    3. A two line whip requires that a person either vote Aye/Nay (depending on the instructions of the party leader) or Abstain. Voting against the wishes of the Legislative Organizer is against party rules. Two line whips are reserved for bills with strong implications to the party.
    4. A three line whip requires that all persons vote where the Legislative Organizer indicates. Voting against the wishes of the Legislative Organizer or abstaining is against party rules, unless a person is unable to vote, in that case it shall be excused.
    5. The Legislative Organizer shall be appointed by the Party Chairman on the nomination of the Party Leader.

3. In the event a person violates party rules, he or she may be removed from the party with a two-thirds majority vote. Such votes cannot be whiped and are conscious votes. If a player is removed, he can never apply to come back to the party for another two months.
    4. In the event that a party official violates the rules or misuses his or her office, he or she will be impeached by a two-thirds majority vote. In the event that an official is impeached, he or she will be removed from the party and can never rejoin.

1. The Constitution shall be in force and shall stay so until it is amended or repealed
    2. To amend or repeal the Constitution, a vote of two-thirds of the party members shall be required to attain an amendment. Any person may submit an amendment.

No, no, no. I don't want the chair appointing a leader or vice versa. Both offices should be elected.

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:01 am

Belmaria wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:Proposed Constitution.

Preamble

§2 - The Party Leader

§3 - The Party Chairman

§5 - Campaign Strategist

3. A two line whip requires that a person either vote Aye/Nay (depending on the instructions of the party leader) or Abstain. Voting against the wishes of the Legislative Organizer is against party rules. Two line whips are reserved for bills with strong implications to the party.

No, no, no. I don't want the chair appointing a leader or vice versa. Both offices should be elected.

I was going for a Parliamentary type of feel, we could do a vote of confidence thing of the Party Chairman.

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:48 pm

Any other objections to the Constitution before we vote on it?

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Nariterrr wrote:Any other objections to the Constitution before we vote on it?

I don't have any objections. Will the original constitution have to pass with a 2/3 majority as well?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives