NATION

PASSWORD

[NSG Senate] Senate Chamber: Do We Have Work?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:45 am

"Mr Speaker, as I seem to remember you have ruled motions of no confidence as out of order for the provisional government, I would like to motion to hold the senator from the Social Liberal Party in contempt of Parliament."
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Nariterrr
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 am

The Licentian Isles wrote:"Mr Speaker, as I seem to remember you have ruled motions of no confidence as out of order for the provisional government, I would like to motion to hold the senator from the Social Liberal Party in contempt of Parliament."

"That is ridiculous, refusing to allow a motion of no confidence goes against the law. If said ruling was made, the Speaker would be in contempt of the law."
Last edited by Nariterrr on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honestly who knows what about anything anymore.

Monthuhasse
Secretary

Founded: Apr 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monthuhasse » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:47 am

Nariterrr wrote:"The President and the Ministers in his Cabinet have proven to be inadequate at fulfilling their jobs, as such I motion that we invoke Article 4, Section 12 of the Provisional Government Establishment Act and vote this government out of office." Ahmed Corbor said.

"I second this motion" - Jasmine.
Last edited by Monthuhasse on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 32:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Pope Francis - Where there is no work, there is no dignity.

Me: Devout Catholic, center-left, Democrat, anti-Trump, pro-Clinton

Jesus teaches us to accept and love those who have suffered, thus I find the anti-refugee movement to be anti-Christian #RefugeesWelcome

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am

Nariterrr wrote:"The President and the Ministers in his Cabinet have proven to be inadequate at fulfilling their jobs, as such I motion that we invoke Article 4, Section 12 of the Provisional Government Establishment Act and vote this government out of office." Ahmed Corbor said.

Huang proceeds to loudly bang his head against the desk.
Centre-left Social Democrat
Admin in the NSGS Senate
Senator Huang Diem of the Labour Party

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am

"Mr. Speaker, you have already ruled confidence motions out of order, as the PGEA clearly refers to a resolution signed on by a majority of this body's total membership to remove the government. This is the second time that a member of the SLP has attempted to hold up this House's business through patently out of order motions, and it is absurd. I move to censure the offending member for obstructing the work of this House."
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am

Ainin wrote:"Mr. Speaker, you have already ruled confidence motions out of order, as the PGEA clearly refers to a resolution signed on by a majority of this body's total membership to remove the government. This is the second time that a member of the SLP has attempted to hold up this House's business through patently out of order motions, and it is absurd. I move to censure the offending member for obstructing the work of this House."

Iskba seconds the motion.
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:49 am

Monthuhasse wrote:

"I second this motion" - Jasmine.

"Motion thirded, if that's a word."
-3.5 Economically, -6.2 Socially

Click to Learn Why Trump is a Fascist

Proud Member of the Progressive Movement

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:49 am

Ainin wrote:"Mr. Speaker, you have already ruled confidence motions out of order, as the PGEA clearly refers to a resolution signed on by a majority of this body's total membership to remove the government. This is the second time that a member of the SLP has attempted to hold up this House's business through patently out of order motions, and it is absurd. I move to censure the offending member for obstructing the work of this House."

"Clear bias, aren't you a minister."

Britanno 2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno 2 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:50 am

"I third this."
Centre-left Social Democrat
Admin in the NSGS Senate
Senator Huang Diem of the Labour Party

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:51 am

"I will withdraw the motion to hold the Senator in contempt, and fourth the censure motion."

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:52 am

Nariterrr wrote:

"Clear bias, aren't you a minister."

"I am indeed the Home Secretary. I do not however see the relevance."
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Belgicaven
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgicaven » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:52 am

Belmaria wrote:
Monthuhasse wrote:"I second this motion" - Jasmine.

"Motion thirded, if that's a word."

Gonna jump in for the first time

"Forthed?"
Last edited by Belgicaven on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:53 am

Ainin wrote:
Nariterrr wrote:"Clear bias, aren't you a minister."

"I am indeed the Home Secretary. I do not however see the relevance."

"I am sure you don't want to see yourself out of power."

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:55 am

"Can I also remind the body that motions of censure do not exist in our laws."
Last edited by Nariterrr on Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:57 am

Nariterrr wrote:"Can I also remind the body that motions of censure do not exist in our laws."

"Can I remind the Senator that as per the PGEA, motions of no confidence are out of order, and he is essentially holding up this house for no damn reason."

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:00 pm

"I withdraw my motion, but I submit a resolution to vote out the government."

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Nariterrr wrote:"I withdraw my motion, but I submit a resolution to vote out the government."

OOC: No, we need a petition apparently. According to the law, we need 50 signatures, out of a total player base of 74. Time to amend the law.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Nariterrr wrote:
Ainin wrote:"I am indeed the Home Secretary. I do not however see the relevance."

"I am sure you don't want to see yourself out of power."

"I... What?"

Nariterrr wrote:"I withdraw my motion, but I submit a resolution to vote out the government."

"Have fun getting fifty or so signatures. We'll wait."

Nariterrr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nariterrr » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:09 pm

"I redact all my motions and apologize for any disruptions."

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Nariterrr wrote:"I redact all my motions and apologize for any disruptions."

Sa Ri An joins in the chorus of "shame, shame" rising from the benches. She rather thought that the senator should disapear from the chamber red faced and humiliated.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Belmaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Belmaria » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:19 pm

The Sarian wrote:

Sa Ri An joins in the chorus of "shame, shame" rising from the benches. She rather thought that the senator should disapear from the chamber red faced and humiliated.

"I find it interesting that the CIP called out the leader of the SLP for disruption of parliament, only to disrupt parliament. I think there's a word that describes that, but it escapes me." Alan said using a megaphone.

OOC: Seriously, stop oppressing opposition to your government. You will regret it.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:19 pm

OOC: What the hell. Also, I have short time so this will be rather short.

IC: "

Order.

"The honorable gentleman seem to have withdrawn his motions and since apologize. However, I would like to remind everyone here that this is PMQs time, not disrupting this body. Don't do it again. If the motion has enough seconds <I can't remember how many we need in this iteration>, then the honorable gentleman's motion will be enforced."
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Belmaria wrote:
The Sarian wrote:Sa Ri An joins in the chorus of "shame, shame" rising from the benches. She rather thought that the senator should disapear from the chamber red faced and humiliated.

"I find it interesting that the CIP called out the leader of the SLP for disruption of parliament, only to disrupt parliament. I think there's a word that describes that, but it escapes me." Alan said using a megaphone.

OOC: Seriously, stop oppressing opposition to your government. You will regret it.

Sa Ri An looks puzzled as she realises that the SLP member was talking about her. She was not the only senator calling out shame - it was a chorus. And disrupting parliament? Surely the Sentor knew that the naming of shame was common place in parliamentary parlance. She knew he wasn't the brightest fellow in Elizia, but everyone knew that, right?

Sa Ri An wiped away a tear, the previous regime had really failed on education policy. She counted her blessings that she had not fallen foul to it.
Last edited by The Sarian on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Kamchastkia
Senator

Founded: Jan 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchastkia » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:16 pm

Putu Hutapea, largely inactive in the discourse going on at the moment rises again
"Mister President, Can you explain why a member of government, a member of your own party, voted against establishing a time zone that would make governance, business, and daily activities standardized throughout the entire country? Why is your party fragmented, in opposition to such common sense legislation and policy? How are we supposed to expect your coalition to govern when they are divided on such basic issues as establishing a time zone?"
Last edited by Kamchastkia on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:34 pm

OOC: oh for fuck's sake where do I begin

"Thank you, Hon. Senator for learning that sometimes your far-flung opinions on the government are not welcomed by the rest of the house.

Belmaria wrote:
The Sarian wrote:Sa Ri An joins in the chorus of "shame, shame" rising from the benches. She rather thought that the senator should disapear from the chamber red faced and humiliated.

"The Member has repeatedly interrupted this session of the House during Question Time, and I may need to remind him that this is President's Questions, not Alan Chan's questions. Seeing how disruptive the Member has been, I now eject the Hon. Senator from this session until after President's Questions. If any members from his caucus wish to disagree, they may join him in leaving the Chamber."

"Order. Can we now proceed with Questions? I think it would be the best course of action at this point."
Last edited by Tumbra on Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives