NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Coffee Shop: Ipoh White Coffee Anyone?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:58 pm

Dragomere wrote:
Arkolon wrote:Your post didn't make sense but I'll still try.

profit = operating income - operating expenses. Therefore, a tax on profit does not prevent lotteries from paying their employees, manufacturing tickets, or paying their bills, since those things are included in OPEX (operating expenses).

Lotteries usually work if the promised amount of money in the cash prizes is lower than, you know, the cost of production and the money you actually have. I think that's obvious. Lotteries work in such a way that, if it costs $0.25 to make a ticket and you sell ten million of them or whatever at $2, you can offer a maximum of (2 - .25) * 10m = $17,500,000 in cash prizes. This bill is mandating that the minimum that can be offered in total cash prizes is 60% of that, so in that case $10,500,000. Knowing that in the first case profit = 0, the second case has a profit = $7,000,000. That's 280% of OPEX, at a minimum. That's not a threat to any lottery's viability.

The great thing about percentages is that, so long as the tax is far enough from 1, you can tax twice, three times, four times, sometimes five times and your taxed income/profit won't disappear. $7,000,000 * 0.7 = $4,900,000, or nearly twice as much as OPEX. $7,000,000 * 0.75 = $1,176,490. Still a profit. Still for-profit. Still a viable lottery, even if it was taxed five times.

I don't know what this means.

"a. A minimum of 60% of total cash amount paid by players must be won by the players (can also include good/service prizes with a fair and reasonable cash amount)
b. For-profit lotteries will be required to pay 30% of their profits to the Dagmari Lotteries Foundation, with 10% of the returns to be set side for a special fund to help reduce problem gambling (the remainder 20% will be dealt in Section 5c). This amount can be greater, if specified in the licensing agreement."

Reading this in terms of For-Profit Lotteries, 60% of the profit goes to the winnings, 30% goes to the DLF, and 10% goes to funds dedicated to eliminate gambling. There are only two ways to interpret this:
1. There is no profit in lotteries that are supposed to be done For-Profit.
2. (assuming the 10% is a part of the 30%) only 10% of the money gained from the lottery pays for the lottery.

Either way, sections 4a and 4b destroy the functionality and ability of For-Profit Lotteries.

Payout is an operating expense, and 30% of 30% isn't 0%, it's 9%.

income - (0.6 + x)income = profit
0.3profit = money that goes to the DLF
profit - 0.3profit = 0.7profit <-- profit the lottery keeps, 70% of its gross profits
where x is the cost of production divided by income
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:16 am

Arkolon wrote:
Dragomere wrote:"a. A minimum of 60% of total cash amount paid by players must be won by the players (can also include good/service prizes with a fair and reasonable cash amount)
b. For-profit lotteries will be required to pay 30% of their profits to the Dagmari Lotteries Foundation, with 10% of the returns to be set side for a special fund to help reduce problem gambling (the remainder 20% will be dealt in Section 5c). This amount can be greater, if specified in the licensing agreement."

Reading this in terms of For-Profit Lotteries, 60% of the profit goes to the winnings, 30% goes to the DLF, and 10% goes to funds dedicated to eliminate gambling. There are only two ways to interpret this:
2. (assuming the 10% is a part of the 30%) only 10% of the money gained from the lottery pays for the lottery.

Either way, sections 4a and 4b destroy the functionality and ability of For-Profit Lotteries.

profit - 0.3profit = 0.7profit <-- profit the lottery keeps, 70% of its gross profits

This.

Payout is a 'cost of production.'

Profit = Revenue - Cost of production

They affect different things. I'm not going to remove sections that have been explained to you...
Last edited by Coconut Isle on Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragomere
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Arkolon wrote:
Dragomere wrote:"a. A minimum of 60% of total cash amount paid by players must be won by the players (can also include good/service prizes with a fair and reasonable cash amount)

If that is what is meant.....

STATEMENT:
"a. A minimum of 60% of total cash amount paid by players must be won by the players (can also include good/service prizes with a fair and reasonable cash amount)
MATH:
Variables
I=Income
E=Expense
P=Profit
C=Ticket Price
X=Tickets Sold
O=Pay Out (Lottery Prize)
T=Cost of Ticket Production
L=Cost of Labor
M=Other Costs
W=Workers
F=Total Profit
Equations
O=0.6*C*X
E=X*T+W*L+M+O
P=I-E
F=P-.3P-.1P (simplified: F=.6P)

Under the following conditions, assuming fair wages and no cutting corners, there is no way for a For-Profit Lottery to make any significant Profit. In Fact, 60% of the potential Profit is removed just my section 4a.
Senator Draco Dragomere of the NSG Senate
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
The Great Dragomerian War
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Drago, what's 60% of 60%?
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Dragomere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:00 pm

Arkolon wrote:Drago, what's 60% of 60%?

That is not how the bill is worded. It says 60% payout, not 60% profit.

Lets do some math. I will place an example for how much profit would occur by this bill (only taking into account 4a and 4b)

Variables
I=Income
E=Expense
P=Profit
C=Ticket Price (assume $1)
X=Tickets Sold (10,000)
O=Pay Out (Lottery Prize)
T=Cost of Ticket Production (assume $0.25)
L=Cost of Labor (assume $1000 per employee)
M=Other Costs (assume $500 of other costs, such as advertising)
W=Workers (assume 5 workers)
F=Total Profit
Equations (solved for the example)
O=0.6*C*X=$6,000
E=X*T+W*L+M+O=$14,000
I=C*X=$10,000
P=I-E=-$4,000 in debt
F=P-.3P-.1P (Does not work with current bill requirements.)
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 pm

It's a general question, Drago. What's 60% of 60%?
Rosa Luxemburg

Dragomere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:07 pm

Arkolon wrote:It's a general question, Drago. What's 60% of 60%?

oh, 36%.

I thought that you were referring to the bill.
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Not a Bang but a Whimper
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Not a Bang but a Whimper » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Revised.

Second Amendment to the Government Establishment Act
Author: Elise Marlowe (SDP)
Sponsors: Lao Xifeng (GC) | Emma Andersson (SWP) | Draco Dragomere (Ind.)
An amendment to the Government Establishment Act.

Article I: Amendment

1. Chapter I of the Government Establishment Act shall be substituted for
Code: Select all
[align=center][size=150]Chapter I - On the Executive[/size][/align]
[b]§1 - The President[/b]
[blocktext]a. The President shall be one individual who shall serve as heads of state and government and shall have all the rights and responsibilities granted explicitly by legal instruments of Dagmar or as customary for a democratic head of state where such customs do not contradict any explicit laws in intent or letter.
b. The President shall be elected through national elections held on basis of instant runoff vote, wherein each individual's vote has the value of their electoral score.
c. The President shall hold their office for the duration of two months unless it is otherwise rendered vacant, in which case the legislature shall appoint a qualifying individual to serve as acting President and make arrangements for Presidential elections forthwith.
d. The acting President shall unless otherwise noted have the same powers, qualifications, and responsibilities as that carried by the President for such time that they are holding office of President.
e. Prior to inauguration into the office, the President shall take following affirmation - "I,<full name>, do solemnly affirm before the people of Dagmar that I will faithfully fulfill my duties as President of the Dagmari Republic, and to the best of my ability preserve and defend its values, execute its laws, do justice to every man, and consecrate myself to the service of Dagmar."[/blocktext]
[b]§2 - Powers of the President[/b]
[blocktext]a. The President shall appoint the Cabinet.
b. The President shall, upon advice of the Minister of International Relations, appoint all ambassadors and diplomats to international organizations and foreign nations.
c. The President shall, upon advice of the Minister of Finance, provide assent to any bills solely concerned with taxation or spending, and no such bills shall be introduced to the Folketing without gaining such assent.
d. All diplomatic agreements and treaties shall be negotiated and agreed upon in behalf of the President, however such shall be subject to approval of the Folketing prior to enactment as law.
e. The President shall serve as commanders-in-chief of the national armed forces and shall in that capacity have right to make peace and war, subject to approval of the Folketing.
f. The President shall have unfettered right to grant pardon to any individual convicted of any crime with sole exception of impeachment proceedings. Such decision to grant pardon shall not be subject to question or reversal by any judicial or quasi-judicial body except during impeachment proceedings.
g. The President shall summon and dissolve the legislature.
h. No bill passed by the Folketing shall be an act of law without assent of the President, however it shall be assumed that President has given assent if they do not refuse assent within one week of bill being passed by the Folketing.
[list]i. Where the President refuses to provide assent, unless such refusal was based upon unconstitutionality of the bill, the bill shall be returned to the Folketing. Should the bill be passed by three fifths of the Folketing voting, then it shall be an act of law.
ii. On case where refusal is based upon concerns of unconstitutionality, the bill shall be referred to the highest court for decision on its constitutionality, and should the court hold that such bill is constitutional, the President shall be required to give assent.[/list]
i. Wherein the legislature is unable to act for any reason, the President may take the step to issue decrees upon advice of the Cabinet. Such decrees shall have same effect as legislation passed by the Folketing, however shall expire within six weeks.
j. The President shall declare states of emergencies as advised by the Cabinet and as provided for by appropriate legislation or legal instruments.[/blocktext]
[b]§3 - Impeachment[/b]
[blocktext]a. The Folketing shall have the exclusive right to bring forth impeachment proceedings against the President for maladministration, criminal conduct, or conduct unbecoming of their position by petition supported by more than one quarter of total members of legislature.
b. The Folketing shall then, by two thirds majority of sitting members, vote on the petition of impeachment against the President. During this procedure, the defendant shall be afforded all the rights of a criminal defendant in court of law, including right to counsel, right against self incrimination, and right against double jeopardy.
c. Conviction from such proceedings shall impose no sentence except sentence of removal of defendant from office and up to ban on holding public office in Dagmar for the duration of the defendant's natural life.[/blocktext]

2. All past and future mentions of "the Crown," "the King," "the Queen," "His Majesty," "Her Majesty," and "the Prime Minister" shall be amended to read "the President."

Article II: Effective Date

1. This legislation shall be effective January 24th, 2016.
Last edited by Not a Bang but a Whimper on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
The POTUS of the United States, Dick G. Fischer.
Meroivinge wrote:
The very fact that you would have doubts about whether to join a forum full of goddless commie islamofascist homosexual welfare-recipients instead of a forum built to celebrate the Greatest Christian country in all of history deeply concerns me.
Kautharr wrote:
Back when that was how the world was, there was no gay or transgender people.

New Zepuha
Minister

Founded: Dec 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Zepuha » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 am

Not a Bang but a Whimper wrote:Revised.

Sponsors: Lao Xifeng (GC) |

[blocktext]a. The President shall be one individual who shall serve as heads of state and government and shall have all the rights and responsibilities granted explicitly by legal instruments of Dagmar or as customary for a democratic head of state where such customs do not contradict any explicit laws in intent or letter.
b. The President shall be elected through national elections held on basis of instant runoff vote, wherein each individual's vote has the value of their electoral score.
c. The President shall hold their office for the duration of two months unless it is otherwise rendered vacant, in which case the legislature shall appoint a qualifying individual to serve as acting President and make arrangements for Presidential elections forthwith.
d. The acting President shall unless otherwise noted have the same powers, qualifications, and responsibilities as that carried by the President for such time that they are holding office of President.
e. Prior to inauguration into the office, the President shall take following affirmation - "I,<full name>, do solemnly affirm before the people of Dagmar that I will faithfully fulfill my duties as President of the Dagmari Republic, and to the best of my ability preserve and defend its values, execute its laws, do justice to every man, and consecrate myself to the service of Dagmar."[/blocktext]
b. The President shall, upon advice of the Minister of International Relations, appoint all ambassadors and diplomats to international organizations and foreign nations.
c. The President shall, upon advice of the Minister of Finance, provide assent to any bills solely concerned with taxation or spending, and no such bills shall be introduced to the Folketing without gaining such assent.
d. All diplomatic agreements and treaties shall be negotiated and agreed upon in behalf of the President, however such shall be subject to approval of the Folketing prior to enactment as law.
e. The President shall serve as commanders-in-chief of the national armed forces and shall in that capacity have right to make peace and war, subject to approval of the Folketing.
f. The President shall have unfettered right to grant pardon to any individual convicted of any crime with sole exception of impeachment proceedings. Such decision to grant pardon shall not be subject to question or reversal by any judicial or quasi-judicial body except during impeachment proceedings.
h. No bill passed by the Folketing shall be an act of law without assent of the President, however it shall be assumed that President has given assent if they do not refuse assent within one week of bill being passed by the Folketing.
[list]i. Where the President refuses to provide assent, unless such refusal was based upon unconstitutionality of the bill, the bill shall be returned to the Folketing. Should the bill be passed by three fifths of the Folketing voting, then it shall be an act of law.
ii. On case where refusal is based upon concerns of unconstitutionality, the bill shall be referred to the highest court for decision on its constitutionality, and should the court hold that such bill is constitutional, the President shall be required to give assent.[/list]
i. Wherein the legislature is unable to act for any reason, the President may take the step to issue decrees upon advice of the Cabinet. Such decrees shall have same effect as legislation passed by the Folketing, however shall expire within six weeks.
j. The President shall declare states of emergencies as advised by the Cabinet and as provided for by appropriate legislation or legal instruments.[/blocktext]
[b]§3 - Impeachment[/b]
[blocktext]a. The Folketing shall have the exclusive right to bring forth impeachment proceedings against the President for maladministration, criminal conduct, or conduct unbecoming of their position by petition supported by more than one quarter of total members of legislature.
b. The Folketing shall then, by two thirds majority of sitting members, vote on the petition of impeachment against the President. During this procedure, the defendant shall be afforded all the rights of a criminal defendant in court of law, including right to counsel, right against self incrimination, and right against double jeopardy.
c. Conviction from such proceedings shall impose no sentence except sentence of removal of defendant from office and up to ban on holding public office in Dagmar for the duration of the defendant's natural life.[/blocktext]

2. All past and future mentions of "the Crown," "the King," "the Queen," "His Majesty," "Her Majesty," and "the Prime Minister" shall be amended to read "the President."

Curse you damnable hippies.
| Mallorea and Riva should resign | Sic Semper Tyrannis |
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $1372 ($337 with sales)
  • Games owned: 106
  • Games not played: 34 (32%)
  • Hours on record: 2,471h

Likes: Libertarians, Law Enforcement, NATO, Shinzo Abe, Taiwan, Angele Merkel, Ron Paul, Israel, Bernie Sanders
Dislikes: Russia, Palestine, Socialism, 'Feminism', Obama, Mitch Daniels, DHS, Mike Pence, UN

[13:31] <Koyro> I want to be cremated, my ashes put into a howitzer shell and fired at the White House.

Malgrave
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Malgrave » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:51 pm

Sponsors: Lao Xifeng (GC) |

[b]§3 - Impeachment[/b]

I'll sponsor the revised version.
Frenequesta wrote:Well-dressed mad scientists with an edge.

United Kingdom of Malgrave (1910-)
Population: 331 million
GDP Per Capita: 42,000 dollars
Join the Leftist Cooperation and Security Pact

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:20 am

Sponsors: Lao Xifeng (GC) | Emma Andersson (SWP) |

[b]§3 - Impeachment[/b]

Oh look, another republic.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Not a Bang but a Whimper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Not a Bang but a Whimper » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:04 am

Costa Fierro wrote:

[b]§3 - Impeachment[/b]

Some on the literate side of the spectrum note an important difference from what we have typically known.
Meroivinge wrote:
The very fact that you would have doubts about whether to join a forum full of goddless commie islamofascist homosexual welfare-recipients instead of a forum built to celebrate the Greatest Christian country in all of history deeply concerns me.
Kautharr wrote:

Dragomere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragomere » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:06 pm

[b]§3 - Impeachment[/b]

I shall sponsor.
DEFCON 1=Total War
DEFCON 2=Conflict
DEFCON 3=Peace Time
CURRENT LEVEL=DEFCON 2
War on Dragomere- MT
NONE CURRENTLY

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Not a Bang but a Whimper wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Some on the literate side of the spectrum note an important difference from what we have typically known.

Some of us don't want to go back to the same, boring stuff we've always done. Think outside the box, not within it. Also, ad hominem. Not doing yourself any favors.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Not a Bang but a Whimper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Not a Bang but a Whimper » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Not a Bang but a Whimper wrote:Some on the literate side of the spectrum note an important difference from what we have typically known.

Some of us don't want to go back to the same, boring stuff we've always done. Think outside the box, not within it. Also, ad hominem. Not doing yourself any favors.

Many on both sides of the spectrum recognize that if they have no intention to sponsor, nobody gives a shit about their opinion in the coffee shop.

Slightly fewer, namely on the literate side, actually read what they respond to.
Meroivinge wrote:
Kautharr wrote:

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Not a Bang but a Whimper wrote:Some on the literate side of the spectrum note an important difference from what we have typically known.

Believe me, if NSGS wanted to try something new, Dagmar would be dead and gone.
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

Not a Bang but a Whimper
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Not a Bang but a Whimper » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Ikania wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Believe me, if NSGS wanted to try something new, Dagmar would be dead and gone.

Hi, I noticed you're not a member of the roleplay. This thread is part of a roleplay called "the NSG Senate." You can sign up here. After that you can pick a city on the map and pick a political party. May I suggest the RSP? A fellow named Pruss started it.
Meroivinge wrote:
Kautharr wrote:

Ikania
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ikania » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Ikania wrote:Believe me, if NSGS wanted to try something new, Dagmar would be dead and gone.

Hi, I noticed you're not a member of the roleplay. This thread is part of a roleplay called "the NSG Senate." You can sign up here. After that you can pick a city on the map and pick a political party. May I suggest the RSP? A fellow named Pruss started it.

With such frightening historical inaccuracies on the part of players like you, I wouldn't be tempted into it.
Ike Speardane
Executive Advisor in The League.
Proud soldier in the service of The Grey Wardens.
Three-time Defendervision winner. NSG Senate veteran.
Knuckle-dragging fuckstick from a backwater GCR. #SPRDNZ
Land Value Tax would fix this
СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Ikania wrote:Believe me, if NSGS wanted to try something new, Dagmar would be dead and gone.

Knock off the baiting.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Davincia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Legitimize

Postby Davincia » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Repeal of the Essential Services Act (2015)

Author: Lao Xifeng (GC)
Sponsors: Jonatan Klemenz (GC), Dagmar Amundsen (RP)
A full repeal of the ESA, as is currently written.

Section 1: Provision
The Essential Services Act shall be henceforth repealed, immediately and unconditionally.

Last edited by Davincia on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
For: Capitalism, Conservatism, Religion (any), Israel, Capital Punishment, Democracy
Neutral: LBGT Rights, Abortion, Secularism, Libertarianism, Monarchism
Against: Institutionalized Atheism, Communism, Palestine, Fascism, Recreational Drugs

RIP Haruo Nakajima (1929-2017), Yoshio Tsuchiya (1927-2017)

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Davincia wrote:

Sponsors:

The Essential Services Act shall be henceforth repealed, immediately and unconditionally.

While I do agree that a fine of half a million NSD for any mistake, regardless of how it would impact people is ridiculous, we don't need to repeal it. Amendments are a thing as well.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Davincia wrote:

Sponsors:

I don't see any reason why it needs to be repealed, at all. If you want changes, amend it.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:04 pm

1st Amendment to the Essential Services Act Act

Author: Öppna Islandna.
Sponsors:

A act to repeal Section 3, clause I from the Essential Services Act.

Section 1: Repealment.
  • §1 - Section 3, clause I is to be declared completely null and void, and will be removed from the Essential Services Act.

Davincia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Suggestion

Postby Davincia » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:

Sponsors:

• §1 - Section 3, clause I is to be declared completely null and void, and will be removed from the Essential Services Act.

I'd sponsor if Section 4 was repealed entirely.
For: Capitalism, Conservatism, Religion (any), Israel, Capital Punishment, Democracy
Neutral: LBGT Rights, Abortion, Secularism, Libertarianism, Monarchism
Against: Institutionalized Atheism, Communism, Palestine, Fascism, Recreational Drugs

RIP Haruo Nakajima (1929-2017), Yoshio Tsuchiya (1927-2017)

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:45 pm

Western Pacific Territories wrote:

Sponsors:

Repealment should be repeal.

But given that it's only a partial reversal of the law, it's not a repeal, it's a derogation.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives