NATION

PASSWORD

[NSGS] Free Citizens Party

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Lykens wrote:
Alyekra wrote:
Thanks. I hope we can move forward and begin to rebuild the strength of our nations' economic right wing.

Our parties will have to work more closely than ever to make up for the loss of the FDP.

No matter how much closer you work together, you can make up fifteen seats.

We don't have a choice.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Lykens
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykens » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Alyekra wrote:
Lykens wrote:No matter how much closer you work together, you can make up fifteen seats.

We don't have a choice.

Oh crap.

Damn autocorrect, that should've been 'you can't make up fifteen seats'
Looking for a decent RP region to join? Try Greater Olympus.

Good people, Active RPs, Great Maps.

Greater Olympus is always looking for more dastardly democracies, maniacal monarchies, contemptible commies, and glorious failed states of all sizes to join our group!

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Lykens wrote:
Alyekra wrote:
We don't have a choice.

Oh crap.

Damn autocorrect, that should've been 'you can't make up fifteen seats'

I figured as much :)

65 dkp

Alyekra
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:38 pm

Members of the FCP,

Murkwood has rescinded his offensive statements toward our party and our ideology. Hopefully this will mark the end of the hostilities from PT. However, it is not a guarantee. I implore my fellow party members to forgive Murkwood and allow us to begin anew on a blank slate, and, if he does not cease hostilities, to treat him, as with all other opponents, with graciousness. We cannot meet our goals of peace and prosperity with in-fighting and vitriol.

65 dkp

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Skeckoa wrote:What the bloody hell?

Yeah, it's been crazy for the last couple of day. Hopefully, we all can leave this behind.

Alyekra wrote:Members of the FCP,

Murkwood has rescinded his offensive statements toward our party and our ideology. Hopefully this will mark the end of the hostilities from PT. However, it is not a guarantee. I implore my fellow party members to forgive Murkwood and allow us to begin anew on a blank slate, and, if he does not cease hostilities, to treat him, as with all other opponents, with graciousness. We cannot meet our goals of peace and prosperity with in-fighting and vitriol.

I'm just glad we put aside all of the comments. However, don't be offended by little things, you can see where that got us. Attack the issues at hand, not what our friends and foes say personally about us. We have a lot of work to do, let's do this.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

The Liberated Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:18 pm

Zurkerx wrote:
Skeckoa wrote:What the bloody hell?

Yeah, it's been crazy for the last couple of day. Hopefully, we all can leave this behind.

Alyekra wrote:Members of the FCP,

I'm just glad we put aside all of the comments. However, don't be offended by little things, you can see where that got us. Attack the issues at hand, not what our friends and foes say personally about us. We have a lot of work to do, let's do this.

I agree. I also apologize for any negative remarks I have caused, and switch my priorities to reform to a more freedom friendly Calaverde!
Left Wing Market Anarchism

Yes, I am back(ish)

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:21 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:

I agree. I also apologize for any negative remarks I have caused, and switch my priorities to reform to a more freedom friendly Calaverde!

Not to worry, we will get through this, together. I have some ideas how to do so if you are interested. I still have to work them out but, we will succeed, I believe we can.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

Battlion
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Can I ask why members of this party, which says in it's platform that it supports the equal treatment of all people under the eyes of the law, are voting against the Marriage & Civil Partnership Act?

Which gives equal treatment to all people under the eyes of the law

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Battlion wrote:Can I ask why members of this party, which says in it's platform that it supports the equal treatment of all people under the eyes of the law, are voting against the Marriage & Civil Partnership Act?

Members of this party are free to vote however they like. While I may not agree on why they voted against that bill, I do not speak for every individual within this party. They have the right to vote for what they think is right. Ask them why they voted against it, I can't speak for them on their opinion.

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Battlion wrote:Can I ask why members of this party, which says in it's platform that it supports the equal treatment of all people under the eyes of the law, are voting against the Marriage & Civil Partnership Act?

Except senator, people already have equality under the eyes of the law before the implementation of this bill. If we give any group of people special status, are they really equal under the law? No. Before the bill, was there any bill limiting gays to be married? No.

Yes, I am back(ish)

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Except senator, people already have equality under the eyes of the law before the implementation of this bill. If we give any group of people special status, are they really equal under the law? No. Before the bill, was there any bill limiting gays to be married? No.

No currently, the law which was blank, had no structure for marriage registration and allowed children to get married to their parents.

This law places some well needed structure on Marriages and is also providing a secular option of civil partnerships, people voting against are voting against based on one line of the bill and we could even go further to suggest are supporting the status quo of legal incest.

This bill was not solely about LGBT rights, but somehow it has become about it.

Additionally, how can the law give equal treatment... without any law?
Last edited by Battlion on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Werpland
Senator

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Werpland » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:28 pm

aye wanna create a centrist coalition?

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Actually in English Common law I believe same sex marriage is not valid.
Slava Ukraini

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:52 pm

Battlion wrote:

No currently, the law which was blank, had no structure for marriage registration and allowed children to get married to their parents.

This law places some well needed structure on Marriages and is also providing a secular option of civil partnerships, people voting against are voting against based on one line of the bill and we could even go further to suggest are supporting the status quo of legal incest.

I am certain such trivialities can be worked out someplace else.

All men are born equal and have equal liberties - including the liberty to get married to another. The law is meant to uphold this basic equality, not create inequalities where none existed!

What's wrong with incest?

Yes, I am back(ish)

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Battlion wrote:

All men are born equal and have equal liberties - including the liberty to get married to another. The law is meant to uphold this basic equality, not create inequalities where none existed!

"Everything is wrong with incest, I look forward to you changing your vote as I agree all men are born equal and have equal liberties and that includes getting married to each other."

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Battlion wrote:

A five year old child can't exactly consent to marriage. Yet before this law there was nothing legally against a fifty year old marrying a five year old.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Battlion wrote:

"Everything is wrong with incest, I look forward to you changing your vote as I agree all men are born equal and have equal liberties and that includes getting married to each other."

Then you'd vote against it, since it's ultimately redundant, as there is currently nothing stopping gays to get married. Or have multiple gay spouses, for that matter.

Yes, I am back(ish)

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Battlion wrote:

Then you'd vote against it, since it's ultimately redundant, as there is currently nothing stopping gays to get married. Or have multiple gay spouses, for that matter.

A vote against is a vote for no law whatsoever and a vote for child abuse, which is what incest and marriage with children ultimately is.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Battlion wrote:

How many times do I have to say English Common law does not consider same sex marriages valid?
Slava Ukraini

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:02 pm

The Nihilistic view wrote:

How many times do I have to say English Common law does not consider same sex marriages valid?

This so much

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Please screw off. No one here consented to your crappy law system.

Yes, I am back(ish)

Heraklea-
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Heraklea- » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Actually, it was established by the National Judiciary Act. I would have voted against had I realized that was in there.

The Nihilistic view
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nihilistic view » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Actually Parliament did when they passed the NJA.
Last edited by The Nihilistic view on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby The Liberated Territories » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Attention everyone:

Breathing is now illegal since it wasn't inscribed in English Common Law.

Also we'll tax the breaths taken from the commonly held air.

Yes, I am back(ish)

Battlion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Battlion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Actually Parliament did when they passed the NJA.

"hear hear"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives